Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman (21775 Views)

Musiliu Smith: 7 Controversies That Ousted Erstwhile PSC Chairman / Musiliu Smith: How Flagrant Police Misconduct Led To EndSARS Protests Nationwide / Buhari Appoints Musiliu Smith As Chairman Police Service Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by politicoNG: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
Police Service Commission (PSC) Chairman, Retired Inspector General of Police, Musiliu Smith has resigned his appointment.

The retired IGP who had been at loggerhead with the Police Hierarchy over the organizatiin constitutionally responsible for the recruitment of Constables into the Nigerian Police Force, was said to have resigned on the grounds of ill health.

In the interim, the second most senior Commissioner in the PSC, Retired Supreme Court Justice, Clara Ogunbiyi, who is representing the Judiciary has assumed duty as Chairman.

When Vanguard contacted the Spokesman of the Commission, Ikechukwu Ani of the development, he confirmed the resignation but noted that an official statement from the commission giving details will be issued (tomorrow) Thursday.

Recall that there has been disagreement between the Inspector General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, and Police Service Commission over the 2022 Police recruitment exercise for 10,000 Constables.

The Police Service Commission had in the month of August, opened its portal for the recruitment of police constable for the year 2022 and placed an advert on the recruitment in a national daily.

However, in response to the development, the Nigeria Police Force in a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi had asked Nigerians to disregard the advertisement and call for applications.

Adejobi had said, the advert had no connection with the Nigeria Police Force and was not in tandem with the police recruitment process.

The statement read, “The Nigeria Police Force wishes to inform well-meaning members of the public that it has not commenced the 2022 Police Constables Recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force contrary to a publication on Page 21 of a National Daily of Thursday August 11, 2022 by the Police Service Commission (PSC).

“The police similarly state unequivocally that the advert has no connection with the Nigeria Police Force nor is it in tandem with the police recruitment process, and should be disregarded in all its entirety.

The website to which the publication refers intending candidates – http://www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng – is not associated with the Nigeria Police Force.

“The Nigeria Police Force hereby calls on all stakeholders and intending applicants to discountenance the information in both the newspaper and on the portal as the website is not the official portal for Police Constables recruitment.

“The Nigeria Police Force thereby assures well-meaning Nigerians that the commencement of the 2022 recruitment exercise will be announced via the official police e-recruitment website – https://policerecruitment.gov.ng, the Nigeria Police Force official website – https://www.npf.gov.ng, and advertisements on national dailies and official police social media accounts as and when due.”

However, despite the stance of the Police headquarters, the PSC recruitment portal for constables into the Nigeria Police has been running with over 60,000 applications received.

Confirming this in a statement last week, Mr Ikecchukwu Ani, the Head of Press and Public Relations PSC said the commission had no intention to abdicate its constitutional mandate to recruit Nigerians into the Police Force.

He urged interested Nigerians to continue to avail themselves of the opportunity to pursue a career in the Nigeria Police Force adding that the portal, which was opened on Aug. 15, would be closed on Aug. 26.

During the regime of former IGP, Mohammed Adamu, the same scenario played out and the PSC Chairman, Alhaji Musiliu Smith, were at loggerheads over which body is allowed by law to carry out the recruitment process.

The commission then dragged the former IGP and the Force to court for conducting the recruitment exercise of 10,000 constables in 2019.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/just-in-police-service-commission-chairman-musiliu-smith-resigns/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by LoneWolf212: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
Dragging with IGP go stop

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Chaos14: 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2022
One more corrupt person down i hope tinubu won't turn this one to a kingpin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Akinsete19(m): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
Cool, Buhari pack old people full govt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by lhordspy: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
Even though i support Tinubu candidacy. And i will stand on that no matter what due to my personal reasons.

I am not a fan of this present administration at all. Why so many old men in government? .

If you have a government where lot of old people are resigning on health issues. Then there is something definitely wrong somewhere. Just look at former cjn, and so many other. Now this again.

This Buhari's government is the worst government we have had for so long. Goodluck jonathan goverment was worst. But this is a disaster.

I feel so many appointment was based on Nepotism and what we call 'You scratch my back' - 'i scratch yours' .... So many people that are not suppose to be in government are all there due to Godfatherism and 'kickback' appointment.

Am of the person opinion that irrespective of his age, a Tinubu presidency will never be like this. I see him like a Godfather himself, who need no other Godfather directing him. He is courageous enough to own his own decision. And with his track-record on appointments or candidate anointment (which ever way you see it) in Lagos state os. He is never about nepotism or hypocritical appointment.

17 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by noble71(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
shocked
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by SILVERLINES: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
Oh my God
Agbado thugs must have threaten his life that force him to resign from the position and doesn't want to open up to Nigerians.

11 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by zed7: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
At lesst a man who has honour. Nigerians don't resign.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by opalu: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by adioolayi(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
IGP not respecting the PSC
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by specialmati(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
grin grin grin grin ist in uk
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Benitoh: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
Better. He has eaten enough.....
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by christejames(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yet, Agbado master that is unhealthy is still pulling 'strong head'? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
Abeg someone should help me for MTN Data..you can also check my signature..

Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by STEWpid(f): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
Chai

Very hot seat..

They've been sending rats, cats, snakes, masquerades, arrows, & co to attack each other.
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by MyExpression(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
...in order to avoid the potential vawulence of the OBIdients, if election isn't free and fair.
Nigeria is at the brink of a political revolution.

Youths in other nations are doing it.

There is a worldwide call for transformation of the Nigerian image.

The youth are ready to take decide their future.

We have experienced and somehow, benefited from the corrupt system in Nigeria.
See where compromise has led us thus far.

We have a second chance at redemption.
We will not blow it.

We are all rationale enough to know that only Peter Obi has show pedigree for the duties that lie ahead.
It will be tough. Petrol may get to N500 per litre, upon removal of subsidy et al.

With a visionary leader that we can trust and have access to, together, we will all make Nigeria great again.
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by FreeStuffsNG: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
He is actually old and did the right thing to face his health and family time with loved ones. He already got to the peak of his career many years ago.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by jkpbestseries: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
In Nigeria person resign willingly?

5 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by iykofias(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
As in resign? First of it kind

7 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by ibechris(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
Tinubu should also leave greed and resign on health ground and save himself of the impending humiliation that awaits him.

7 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Chaos14: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
SOFTSKILL:

Yeebos and sens*lessness are Siamese twins
Am yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Tinubuwins2023e: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
This man is in every way better than that useless Obituary. I wonder what that foolish Obituary thinks about anytime he sleeps at night. Person wey shit full him brain want to be president. He thinks we are toilet where he can defecate the shit wey dey him brain. He should go and re-govern Anambra to redeposit the shit dey full him brain

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by Cmanforall: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/just-in-police-service-commission-chairman-musiliu-smith-resigns/
Retired IGP still taking up other tasking duties even after retirement.

Is it that he (likely earning high as a pensioner who retired as IGP) doesn’t know how to enjoy his retirement period and old age?
Or Nigeria lacks capable hands for that position?

5 Likes

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by esivue007(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2022
I swear.
angry
Akinsete19:
Cool, Buhari pack old people full govt

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by faithfull18(f): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2022
I am surprised! Resigns in this country or he was forced to??

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Smith Resigns As Police Service Commission Chairman by longetivity(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2022
Oga police dey resign for naija , wonders are about to end

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker / Nigerians In Niger Cry Out — We Support Niger; We Don't Want Attack On Niger / Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.