Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

This Happened At My Children's School Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Happened At My Children's School Today (33940 Views)

How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible / Chinese Students Resume School Today (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Happened At My Children's School Today by chegzyshade(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
Good evening house

I will be straight and brief with my explanation

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.
She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

I was speechless though, but, I told her what she said is not good enough.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by phorget(m): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
The child parents are indeed stubborn, the pupil can always wear the socks when he gets within the school premises nah.

270 Likes 18 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by doggedfighter(f): 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

By their acts they're encouraging and teaching their ward to flout rules and disobey constituted authority.

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes , they deserve whatever she dished out.

Op, if I may ask why did you bring this here even after getting explanations from the headteacher ?

And you even mentioned the name of the school.

What do you want to achieve ?

255 Likes 15 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by fman(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner.
She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

Amebo.
Must you mention the name of the school?
Learn to mind your business
Especially when you cannot offer a single solution.
Mind u, the school has a standard.

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
there are rules for a reason, and if you think its ok for someone to NOT follow rules, then i think it shuld be ok for teachers to reprimand them.

how do you expect children to follow rules when their own parents dont (so openly)?

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Draslo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
phorget:
The child parents are indeed stubborn, the pupil can always wear the socks when he gets within the school premises nah.
When you wake up each morning, sing this song; "Oh Eledumare, yo mi ninu trenches. Make my brain dey function, make my money plenty".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Coly2012(m): 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2022
Some parent are just too difficult to get along with as a teacher or administrator, there always like to challenge authority and do things the way it suits them not minding the rules. Both above all teachers and administrators should be guilded at all time not to sow nagative and imaginary thoughts and ideas on the children.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:33am On Sep 15, 2022
doggedfighter:
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes they deserve whatever she dished out.

Nanchench peepoo !! grin grin

You don't talk about people disrespectfully in front of their kids. And as a matter of principle, I don't talk down on my kid's teachers in front of him either. Some educators are simply dumb. That is inexcusable.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by hope4nigeria(m): 3:39am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

the head Teacher cares now you are using it against her. Most aclaim parents are fools not worthy of parents. Following school instructions are Part of education, that's why we have bad people in our society today. During our time in school in 80s and 90s, if you wear contrary to school rules and regulations, you will be sent out of school immediately with your parents summon and warned else you will be dismissed. But now hungry parents will be forming big madam

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Mercury12(m): 4:41am On Sep 15, 2022
Well eventually the "stubborn child parents" will read on nairaland about how the teacher in
queenmaris school detest their attitude.
Lets hope they then change for better undecided

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by matrix199(m): 5:14am On Sep 15, 2022
It's quite sad that many were schooled, but few are educated.

How do you correct the obstinate nature of parents by rhetorically questioning their child about their rules breaking attitude? That clearly shows the H.Mistress and other underage dimwits on this forum who align with the unprofessional act of the H.Mistress are dunce!

It is utmostly wrong to fault parents in the presence of a child. Most private schools in Nigeria are owned and managed by idiots who are quarter baked!

Some private schools don't have the professional capacity and knowledge to school/groom children. They are better off as a circus.

OP, I believe you know the next step to take. Pull your kids out.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by MrOkenwa(m): 5:32am On Sep 15, 2022
Not a good thing to say about your pupil's parents. At least, tell that to their face, not to the innocent child. He/She didn't dress him/herself.
Some of these words linger in their minds more than we as parents can imagine.
My son reported his senior colleague to his class teacher. The boy apparently called him a "spoilt brat". He later informed me when he found out that the teacher did not do anything.
I had to call the attention of the head teacher to what has happened and why she needs to investigate the matter. At least, to rest the matter in his mind.
As a father, I reassured him that the derogatory words doesn't define who he is. He should learn not to take every comments he hears from his colleagues too serious, as they're all from different parents.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Corridon: 5:35am On Sep 15, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You don't talk about people disrespectfully in front of their kids. And as a matter of principle, I don't talk down on my kid's teachers in front of him either. Some educators are simply dumb. That is inexcusable.
If you are the head teacher who has exhausted all channels of communication with the said parents and the child continues to break the school rules and regulations what will you do?

18 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Corridon: 5:39am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

You just wanted to get noticed and appear like a busy body. What wrong has the teacher done in this case? She even explained to you that she has talked with the parents of the child on many occasions but they keep breaking the rules of the school. Why don't you start copying the parents of that child if you really support what they are doing. This is how we encourage a dysfunctional society without knowing it after we will be blaming our leaders for our woes. Rule is rule and without rule we are nothing but savages. If you happen to be the head teacher in this case what exactly will you do again after communicating with the parents on several occasions without any meaningful result? You will ignore the child and allow him or her to continue flouting the school rules? The head teacher is a good one for not flogging the child at that moment. Not everyone can tolerate it. Being woke doesn't mean being irrational and stupid.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2022
It is called "uniform" because it should be "uniform". Back in school, we had students that wore slippers or dressed in mufti when it rained. But they switched to uniforms and school shoes the moment they got to school.

It shouldn't be different with this kid. He could wear black socks to school, change to white, and then switch to black when returning home.

When a student breaks a rule and gets away with it, others soon follow suit. If another kid comes to school wearing black socks or some other unpproved clothing, would the school be able to stop that kid, irrespective of what excuse he gives? He's seen someone do it and get away with it, so it quickly becomes injustice if he is punished for it.

The Head Teacher is talking from a position of frustration. She has probably exhausted all avenues for a peaceful resolution and is clearly avoiding a situation whereby the parents may pull their kid out of the school.

The parents aren't just stubborn. They're irresponsible.

32 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by jaeyking(m): 5:47am On Sep 15, 2022
shocked
The parents are definitely stubborn and the school doesn't have enough strict rules

Send that kid back home

13 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Authoreety: 6:13am On Sep 15, 2022
Op, u should be ashamed if ur self for supporting rubbish!

17 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by rowland545(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2022
I was hoping at the end u will ask how much is d socks and sweaters and u will pay for Dem...

But u just go der go form Mrs good manners...some parents and stubbornnes cannot b measured... school rules is school rules ..what if other student sees this particular set of student action and decide to follow...what then happens to civility if everyone is allowed to do what they want ...the words she use are appropriate and if the student reports it to the parents and they feel offended they should do the right thing.....the teacher was right...and u ma is a busy body

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Baronthecelebri: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2022
The parents are stubborn

15 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Cutehector(m): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Lmao..they are bashing the op and i am liking it.

16 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by biafrasun: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2022
First time nairalanders are right in passing judgement, if that child is not corrected now he will disobey every rules in the future thinking it's the norm that he or she is different.

18 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by techWriter3: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2022
Amibo

5 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by chegzyshade(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2022
I am not actually taking side on the parents.

I only felt sending such disparaging message to through the child to the parents is ridiculous.

I would have prefer she beat the child instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Robisky001(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2022
OP kpele oh. All these gbas gbos all for you.
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Uyi168: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2022
theres no insults in what the teacher said.
the parent were stubborn..

all these new generations of parents are something else..

13 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Jokerman(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2022
The head teacher said the right thing... if you want respect, respect yourself

14 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Alitair(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2022
It is a wrong statement to make no matter the circumstances...

The solution is to seize and not return any item worn by the student that is against school rules especially after the student has been warned more than once.

If the parents realize they have to keep buying black socks and new cardigan every week then they will definitely sit up and right their wrongs..!

6 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by HoTouTou(f): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2022
You can just imagine

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by bigdammyj: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2022
Noted.
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by slawomir: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by EmmyDJourno: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2022
We need to see conflict as an opportunity for greater dialogue and coexistence
Why not do a PTA meeting and address the issues, simple, please no one should inconvenience Nigerian babies cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. / Over 20 UNN Students Dead In Car Accident While Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.