Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

This Happened At My Children's School Today - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Happened At My Children's School Today (34000 Views)

How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible / Chinese Students Resume School Today (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Passionate888: 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2022

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.

I thought Tinubu dropped the blueprints to develop Lagos? This side no follow?

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by smithoo(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
You did well. Stay blessed.

chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I will be straight and brief with my explanation

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.
She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

I was speechless though, but, I told her what she said is not good enough.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Obiorahpcfg: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shuum, you won't ask ds question if were the owner of dt school
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Psoul(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

I don't think that the HM is wrong.
What the parents are displaying is silly stubbornness.
You may not even understand the words the parents say to the child while they are deliberately breaking the rules at home.
The woman will be like, (while dressing up the child): I know that that you stup!d teacher will complain about this socks or cardigan today. Don't just mind the fo0l. She should not talk to u anyhow or she will get it hot from me. After all, I am paying her school fees.

Do u know the kind of child she is bringing up?
The parents are indeed STUBBORN.

6 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Alwaysachick: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
phorget:
The child parents are indeed stubborn, the pupil can always wear the socks when he gets within the school premises nah.

Even the Op is another stubborn parent.

All these 21st century parents that want to train their children the western way by force forgetting their own background.

Obey simple rule problem, not knowing the Children are also learning how to be stubborn

4 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by proff010: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
See them...
matrix199:
It's quite sad that many were schooled, but few are educated.

How do you correct the obstinate nature of parents by rhetorically questioning their child about their rules breaking attitude? That clearly shows the H.Mistress and other underage dimwits on this forum who align with the unprofessional act of the H.Mistress are dunce!

It is utmostly wrong to fault parents in the presence of a child. Most private schools in Nigeria are owned and managed by idiots who are quarter baked!

Some private schools don't have the professional capacity and knowledge to school/groom children. They are better off as a circus.

OP, I believe you know the next step to take. Pull your kids out.

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by samdaisi: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
Madam you're one of the parents the HM is referring to because the issued have been resolved btw you and her with a good explanation why writing nonsense

6 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
phorget:
The child parents are indeed stubborn, the pupil can always wear the socks when he gets within the school premises nah.

My child's school allow both colors, black and white on any time of the day - problem with Nigerian schools who adopt British or US style of operations seem to forget to adjust their rules when those they copy have long changed them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by phemmyfour: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

Honestly, the parents of that child are stubborn, adamant and impossible.

See the flimsy excuses used in breaking the law .
Nobody is above school rules and regulations, in a standard/ international school , that child will cease to be a pupil in that school.

Arrant nonsense

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Alwaysachick: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
hope4nigeria:
the head Teacher cares now you are using it against her. Most aclaim parents are fools not worthy of parents. Following school instructions are Part of education, that's why we have bad people in our society today. During our time in school in 80s and 90s, if you wear contrary to school rules and regulations, you will be sent out of school immediately with your parents summon and warned else you will be dismissed. But now hungry parents will be forming big madam

Hungry from very poor backgrounds.

2 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by abokikhalifa: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
doggedfighter:
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

By their acts they're encouraging and teaching their ward to flout rules and disobey constituted authority.

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes , they deserve whatever she dished out.

Op, if I may ask why did you bring this here even after getting explanations from the headteacher ?

And you even mentioned the name of the school.

What do you want to achieve ?

Yoi got so emotional. I hope you don't work for the school ?
The teacher should not vent on the child. The child is innocent.
If the parent of the child can't follow the rules, it best for the school to advice the parent to take away their child to another school. Life no suppose hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Well, the headteacher said what she said. It's her opinion though.

You also said what you said too. It's also your opinion

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by proff010: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
See them everybody have been enjoying this writeup without involving politics only for you daft man to bring Tinubu to it. Ipob miscreant mumu man.
Passionate888:

I thought Tinubu dropped the blueprints to develop Lagos? This side no follow?

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by DrMuzungu(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
jaeyking:
shocked
The parents are definitely stubborn and the school doesn't have enough strict rules
Send that kid back home

School has the right to enforce the rules but nobody in the school has the right to make the child feel like $h1t for something parents did or did not do. Years after my son left the primary school, he confessed that the head teacher was embarrassing him for not having the money to pay certain fees instead of talking to me directly. We simply did not have the money, that was it. If that was the case all she had to do was to talk to me, not to embarrass my child in front of the whole class. don't like your job? Unsatisfied with work conditions as school staff? Go clean gutters, don't talk trash to my child!!!

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by uptownemmygee(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Op you no gbadun at all
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by NoToPile: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
The teacher was wrong to say such, if you feel the child is not dressed to standard, you address the parents let them know she won't be allowed in next time and the next time the child comes with that send her back from the gate simple.

Teachers are fond of doing this, they take out their aggression on the child, they are to face the parent not the child

Its even the HM that did this a supposed educator.

And for the issue of wearing body hug under uniform to prevent cold instead of buying school sweater, that is not supposed to be an issue, the body hug is under the uniform as long as it is not showing its not supposed to be a problem, once it shows a rule is broken and you act accordingly.
What if they can't afford to buy school sweater, what if they struggled to pay fees and they improvised by having her wear a thicker inner wear to prevent cold is that supposed to be a problem? of course it shouldn't be. As long as she doesn't wear it on the uniform no ish.

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by obotematics: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Do the needful stop being sturbon

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Segzy19: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Just listen to yourself... The head of school is wrong to have said that to the pupil. The head of school should call the parents and tell them that they are stubborn. The child is innocent in all of these. Therefore she doesn't need to hear those words...
doggedfighter:
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

By their acts they're encouraging and teaching their ward to flout rules and disobey constituted authority.

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes , they deserve whatever she dished out.

Op, if I may ask why did you bring this here even after getting explanations from the headteacher ?

And you even mentioned the name of the school.

What do you want to achieve ?

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Kobicove(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Obiorahpcfg:
Shuum, you won't ask ds question if were the owner of dt school

No mind am

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Agugbadin: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
The school has a rule follow the rules.

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by fman(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

This one say na Amibo. Daft illiterate
grin
E pain you?
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by DesChyko: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
It's not a good idea to include the school's name. Please, avoid such next time. There are unavoidable issues that may cause the inclusion but this is just a trivial matter.
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by fman(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alwaysachick:

Hungry from very poor backgrounds.
I swear
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by etrange: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
Is this primary or secondary school? In some schools, the the kid would be flogged for the parents' stubbornness. I like the fact that the head teacher acknowledge that it wasn't the kid's fault instead of taking it out on the kids. She was probably just complaining allowed out of frustration.
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Vikalinda(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
This remind me the experience we had when I was still in primary school, though it was a government school within my small community in Rivers state where we grew up. in the 1980s There use to be a boy in my elder brother's class in the same school, the father happened to be a retired military officer on wheel chair, our Dad told us that he father was injured while in military service that resulted to his condition, the father was a very stubborn man, During morning devotion the son will break simple rule such as not not joining the right que according to his class, hight or sex, the HM will call him out and flog him, he will murmur and run home immediately, after some hours you will see the father been assisted by two military men attached to him, they will get to the HM office and asked him to explain what happened in the presence of other teachers and his son, after explanation he will asked the teacher the number of strokes he gave the boy and asked the son to flog the teacher in return, the son will boldly retaliate
Few years later the man died and the boy left village for port Harcourt, we were told that the Dad own houses in Diobu axis of Port Harcourt, the next time we hard of the boy was when he returned home as a high profile criminal, heading several gang of criminals.
He was extremely stubborn to point that he will sometime kidnap a girl in the afternoon and will keep the girl for weeks, the parents will not cough, they will only cry to sympathizers, I cannot tell much about the boy now wether dead or not, his experience taught me never to teach my kids to disobey rules or support them when they complain about their teachers,
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by OgunkeelAllMod: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Not just stubborn but dumb as fukk and u are even more dumber .. 2 stupid parents
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Vikalinda(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
DesChyko:
It's not a good idea to include the school's name. Please, avoid such next time. There are unavoidable issues that may cause the inclusion but this is just a trivial matter.

Exactly
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Fantazy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

To be honest, you are one of the stubborn parents!
Why should you blame the HM for scolding a disobedient pupil/parents.

It's your type that teach children to be disobedient.
Abeg comot for here!
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Alldew: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
To me I think the parents are indeed stubborn likewise the kid(well depending on how old the said kid is). Cos there are some kids that will start crying once you wear them something contrary to their uniform. The parents must have told their kid how they will deal with any teacher that tries to caution them, hence the kid's effrontery in disregarding the school rules.
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by geesilver(m): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
OP in case English language is hard for you.... Stubbornness is not an abuse, it's an expression of an attitude or behaviour which literarily could mean doggedness. So next time don't put mouth for wetin no concern you
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Luak(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

. The school may not be an elitist one. I still think the HM ought not to address the child for psychological reasons. Some parents need guidance and counseling. That's the frustration in working at such a shool

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by ibechris(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
If children are not mandated to obey common rule and regulations how would they lead tomorrow with this acts of lawless in the land?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. / Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. / The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2012-2013 Admission Session, Lets Get It Going

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.