Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday (13176 Views)

Court To Hear Abba Kyari’s Bail Application Feb 28 / Police Spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi: Police Not Aware Of Baba Ijesha’s Bail / Video Of Baba Ijesha Begging After Being Caught Molesting Minor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by adenigga(m): 5:29am On Sep 15, 2022
An Ikeja Special Offences Court will on Monday rule on a bail application filed by Olanrewaju James, also known as Baba Ijesha, whether the convict has met special circumstances for the court to grant him bail.

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo fixed the date after taking arguments from both the prosecuting and defence counsel.

The bail application is sequel to the jail term that was handed down to Baba Ijesha by Justice Taiwo, who sentenced him to a five-year concurrent jail term.

However, his legal team is in court to appeal the judgment.

When the matter came up on Wednesday, one of the convict’s counsel, Chukwudi Adiukwu, told the court that the team brought to notice for bail pending the appeal pursuant to Section 6 (6) of the 1999 Constitution and Section 51 of the High Court Law of Lagos State, Administration of Criminal Justice Law, admitting the applicant to bail, either unconditionally or upon reasonable conditions.

Speaking on the special circumstances, Adiukwu explained that the application was taken before Justice Taiwo, as securing a date at the Court of Appeal might be difficult considering the number of cases before the court.

He stated that with the prison month calendar, the convict would have served his five years concurrent jail term within three years and six months before the hearing might take place at the Appeal Court.

He added that Baba Ijesha was of good conduct before the court during his trial, and was never absent till the judgement.
He, therefore, urged the court to consider the special circumstances to grant bail to the convict.

Reacting to this, the state prosecuting counsel, Omowunmi Bajulaye-Bishi, said the defence counsel in their address failed to establish the special circumstances which may grant Baba Ijesha bail; therefore asking the court not to grant bail to the convict.

Justice Taiwo adjourned to September 19, 2022, for ruling.
https://punchng.com/Court-rules-on-Baba-Ijeshas-bail-application-Monday

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by akinmusi(m): 6:00am On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Tboy222: 6:44am On Sep 15, 2022
I dont understand, I thought he has been sentenced already ,please lawyers enlighten me abeg, are convicts in jail allowed to apply for bail, I thought bail was meant for only the accused.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by WonderManly(m): 6:45am On Sep 15, 2022
Good to hear this.
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by xpressionx(m): 6:45am On Sep 15, 2022
Dude will serve that sentence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Nzecorneboy: 6:45am On Sep 15, 2022
But normal normal this kind person for chop the jail term shaa

1 Like

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by IamNat: 6:45am On Sep 15, 2022
The rule of law in this country can be funny at times. I thought he was sentenced so he could remain in jail, so what is the essence of a bail?

If the appeal court won't fix a date before he finishes serving his terms, then he should only appeal to clear his name and not to stay out of prison.

What if he loses at the appeal court again after he got his bail, would he go back to serve those terms?

3 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by SensualMan: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
The rape amongst the yoruba tribe is becoming alarming. At the end, the rape victim gets pregnant and gives birth to Urchins, nuisance, touts and the number of good for nothing Yorubas keep quadrupling.

A vaccine should be administered on this things at birth to render them nonsterile.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Eriggs: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
He should face the consequences of his foolishness and stupidity.

I hereby CLOSE THE CAEE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Eriggs: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
dimitriso:
Man deserves no bail. We all saw the video. He should do his time.
I concur

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Mindlog: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
He has ruined his name for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by kenzo25(m): 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
How will Princess feel if he’s granted bail
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Meister(m): 6:47am On Sep 15, 2022
They want to bail a pedophile, God forbid bad thing. Someone that's supposed to be serving concurrent life sentences

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Eriggs: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2022
He added that Baba Ijesha was of good conduct before the court during his trial, and was never absent till the judgement.
Where the good conduct dey before when him dey do rubbish with the young girl.
Good conduct kill am and all Igbos and boko for dia

5 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by tiswell(m): 6:48am On Sep 15, 2022
He has learnt his lessons I guess grin
they should grant him bail already sad

3 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by OLOKOESHIN: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Control your Penis Always

Don't let your your JT put you in trouble

I don't even toast under 18 girls. I like Old pussies from 26 to 30....that sound like river tatotatota dey give me joy with my big gbola

7 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Lanretoye(m): 6:48am On Sep 15, 2022
I tought he has been sentenced,which one is bail again?.nigerian judiciary self...

2 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Deejaygold(m): 6:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by naheem8307(m): 6:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Baba Ijesha again... This man should just accept his terms and served it judiciously, instead of spending his remaining fortune on lawyers and court sub judice.

5 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by IamNat: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2022
SensualMan:
The rape amongst the yoruba tribe is becoming alarming. At the end, the rape victim gets pregnant and gives birth to Urchins, nuisance, touts and the number of good for nothing Yorubas keep quadrupling.

A vaccine should be administered on this people at birth to render them nonsterile.

Your hate for the Yorubas will eventually eat you up. I'm sorry for your case.

13 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Creamypie(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2022
They must always twist law in Nigeria. That's y I am happy when our people commit crimes abroad and face trials over there. Ibori,ekweremadu can testify

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by adenigga(m): 6:58am On Sep 15, 2022
Tboy222:
I dont understand, I thought he has been sentenced already ,please lawyers enlighten me abeg, are convicts in jail allowed to apply for bail, I thought bail was meant for only the accused.
He have right to appeal even up to the supreme court level.

After he must have exhaust all this means and lost, that's when the judgment will now be applied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by melody91: 6:58am On Sep 15, 2022
SensualMan:

A vaccine should be administered on this people at birth to render them nonsterile.
hehehe! we all know the Tribe that represents everything you said ...
proof below undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:59am On Sep 15, 2022
It's like all his movies have been banned from showing on TV ever since his incarceration

2 Likes

Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by naheem8307(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2022
SensualMan:

Your entire race will be subject of pathetic story soon. Useless fellow of our modern generation.
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Phckface: 7:01am On Sep 15, 2022
I don even forget say him dey jail self
But as far as his acting career is concerned, its far from over, madam princess really dealt with him

Meanwhile an INSTAGRAM account with active Nigerian followers is up for sale with ACTIVE NIGERIAN FOLLOWERS (5k+followers)
Re: Court To Rule On Baba Ijesha’s Bail Application On Monday by Olamicwoto: 7:02am On Sep 15, 2022
Webhorizon:
You’ll not meet the requirements to be granted bail in Jesus name! Amen.

Most of these things we are doing in Nigeria as Nigerians and get away with it is annoying!!

You can’t try something related to this in sane Cline and not know your fate already! God should just help us and guide us in the right direction. Amen!

If you have up to 1-2hrs per day, I’ll teach you how to make at least decent money ($400-$1,000) from publishing on amazon kdp! You do not even need to be a writer!

I made over $900 this month alone,,. Send me a whats-App message 081..567..0..3338
Are u baba ijesha God? Why are u wishing him bad? Idiot

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Woman Loses Pregnancy In Police Custody / FG To Arraign Dino Melaye On March 1 / One Dies As NDLEA Operatives And Youths Clash In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.