Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC (1597 Views)

CUPP Alleges Plots To Remove Mahmoud As INEC Chairman / 2023: Opposition Parties Allege Massive Voter Registration With Fake Names / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:26am On Sep 15, 2022
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS

Search
Home

2023 Polls: Nigerian Opposition Parties Allege Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names From Jamaica, Brazil, Others, Secret Court Action To Stop Use Of Electronic Voting System, BVAS
cupp
September 14, 2022
@Sahara Reporters New York
NEWS
The Coalition also claimed that it has uncovered massive voter registration fraud and a plot to sack the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) if he fails to stop the use of BVAS.

The Nigerian opposition parties under the aegis of the Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) have raised an alarm over alleged moves to use secret court action to stop the use of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) machine in the 2023 general elections.

The Coalition also claimed that it has uncovered massive voter registration fraud and a plot to sack the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) if he fails to stop the use of BVAS.

In a statement made available to SaharaReporters on Wednesday, the spokesperson for the Coalition, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, while addressing a world press conference, said the vigilance team of the coalition, following credible intelligence discovered the suit at the Owerri Federal High Court where it was filed on August 24 this year.

The coalition also displayed extracts of the national voter register which it claimed were part of at least 10 million fake registrations done by one of the political parties. But it did not disclose the name of the political party.

According to the coalition, the names were sourced from both within and outside Nigeria including some African countries such as Ghana, Cameroon, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Togo, Guinea, and The Gambia and countries outside Africa including Jamaica, Brazil and New Zealand.

The opposition parties said they have evidence of several registrations which were captured from passport photographs and other photos.

"Significant among the discoveries in the register is the fact that the majority of the foreign names were all born in 1983 despite whether their photographs showed they were old or young. Many people were also shown to have been born between 1900 and 1914 yet their photographs were those of young people. Equally, many male photos had their gender written as female and vice versa."

The coalition further alleged that INEC chairman, "Prof Mahmood Yakubu is under pressure for the commission to announce a change to the Commission's hard stands on the compulsory use of the BVAS machine for accreditation or get sacked as Chairman of the Commission."

Ugochinyere said, "The intelligence the CUPP intercepted which has led to the discovery of the suit filed seeking to nullify the BVAS and exposure of the massive compromise in the voters' register cannot now be wrong that the third leg of the plot is to sack the National Chairman through a suspension as they plotters know they cannot get the required numbers from the National Assembly for an outright sack."

The CUPP, therefore, called on international partners, local and international observer groups, civil society and the general public to help it and protect democracy as the success of any of these plots will erode the integrity and credibility of the electoral process and deny Nigerians the sovereign right to freely choose their leaders.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/09/14/2023-polls-nigerian-opposition-parties-allege-massive-voter-registration-fraud-fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZWR3wVC28

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2022
Lalasticlala, seun, oam4j this deserves front page

1 Like

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Corridon: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2022
I keep saying it that this present INEC under Yakubu is a big threat to our democracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Sportifypharm: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2022
I don't doubt this allegation one bit, Nigerian political system has made that impossible to doubt. There's nothing they can not do to remain in power.
If they can kill to be in power, what is conniving with INEC for fake registration to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:34am On Sep 15, 2022
The suit filed to stop the use of BVAS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:36am On Sep 15, 2022
INEC needs to do a lot of explanation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by 10mobile: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2022
A lot of fake names with same 1983 date of birth.

Now we know how they arrived at those frivolous registration figures

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Pandev(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2022
Planned manipulation of election results, propagandas, blackmail, photoshopped pictures, false alarm etc non can stop Asiwaju Jagaban. Tinubu is the next president of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by gidgiddy: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Chei!

4 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Pandev:
Planned manipulation of election results, propagandas, blackmail, photoshopped pictures, false alarm etc non can stop Asiwaju Jagaban. Tinubu is the next president of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Clear conscience fears no accusation. CUPP is raising alarm over irregularities in umpire's data, pricking hearts and guilty consciences are trying to silence or down play the heinous crime.

What is APC planning?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by omowolewa: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2022
Attention seeking

No biometric is identical, especially the eye parttern, those are just triggers not discovery.

Good food for the IT forensics auditors in coming years

Arysexy:

How did those that registered before register again if INEC biometric capture is foul proof? Are you aware INEC is cleaning multiple registration? Why are you trying to downplay this in the face of substantial evidence?

Who released INEC staff passwords for these fake registrations?

Let INEC debunk this

The system was programmed to allow multiple registration which would latter be cleaned, that may not be good but that's it for now.

Which password are you talking about, you have the burden of proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Pandev(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

Clear conscience fears no accusation. CUPP is raising alarm over irregularities in umpire data, pricking hearts and guilty consciences are trying to silence or down play the heinous crime.

What is APC planning?
you people will just lie so effortlessly. Mention the 'pricking hearts and guilty consciences' who 'are trying to silence or downplay the heinous crime'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by pacino26(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2022
These allegations were made against INEC and the ruling party. I think was is left for both entities to do is either sue the CUPP for defamation or prove to Nigerians how passport photographs got admitted for biometric registration process. I don’t want to go the the inflated figures for a single ward to start with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2022
omowolewa:
Attention seeking

No biometric is identical, especially the eye parttern, those are just triggers not discovery.

Good food for the IT forensics auditors in coming years

How did those that registered before register again if INEC biometric capture is foul proof? Are you aware INEC is cleaning multiple registration? Why are you trying to downplay this in the face of substantial evidence?

Who released INEC staff passwords for these fake registrations?

Let INEC debunk this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by OXYZ: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2022
We should wait for more facts to emerge before we start drawing conclusion.
Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Beremx(f): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2022
I saw a fake identity with date of birth 1903. Abeg I no fit laugh

4 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2022
Beremx:
I saw a fake identity with date of birth 1903. Abeg I no fit laugh

Imagine that grin

They have already registered 10m fake names asides those that will vote for the ruling party to use in rigging.

I'm sure BC of the number of fake names, they didn't bother doing the needful. They were only interested in pictures to differentiate the registered fake voters

4 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

Do know that the other Mod called Myd actually clossed and deleted the first thread of this calling it a fake news ?

4 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2022
Bontafa:

Do know that the other Mod called Myd actually clossed and deleted the first thread of this calling it a fake news ?

I saw it, they are trying to suppress the news. I have provided two credible links of popular news outlets plus video evidence. Let me see how they will call this fake information.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

I saw it, they are trying to suppress the news. I have provided two credible links of popular news outlets plus video. Let me see how they will call this fake information.

There was even video in that one a complete YouTube video I watched this around 3-4 am this morning on that thread .

This is shocking.

With all that the toad called it a fake news ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2022
Bontafa:

There was even video in that one a complete YouTube video I watched this around 3-4 am this morning on that thread .

This is shocking.

With all that the toad called it a fake news ?

When some people complain of bias, it will look as if they are being accused wrongly. He didn't check online to verify before tagging it fake information. Was the YouTube video also doctored?

I don't want to believe they have bought NL. Seun need to do more to prove neutrality this election period

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:
A lot of fake names with same 1983 date of birth.

Now we know how they arrived at those frivolous registration figures

These people are so dumb .

1902 person never kpai finish ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

When some people complain of bias, it will look as if they are being accused wrongly. He didn't check online to verify before tagging it fake information. Was the YouTube video also doctored?

I don't want to believe they have bought NL

You don't believe they have bought?

You were not on this forum 2014?.

2 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by GTkester: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Wow!

Today is a good day to check on the tallies.

Click like for Peter Obi

Click share for Atiku or Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by ksmile2610(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Please something should be done.
Nigeria is for all of us not for a few rogues in power

4 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Bontafa:

You don't believe they have bought?

You were not on this forum 2014?.

Trying to give them benefit of doubt bro
Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Bontafa: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

Trying to give them benefit of doubt bro

This is a slap to ICT in general.

For a country my God .

Not even a university a country for God sakes .

A ward of less than 6k people now had 46k people all the 40k foreign names and generated pictures.

2 Likes

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Arysexy(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2022
Bontafa:

This is a slap to ICT in general.

For a country my God .

Not even a university a country for God sakes .

A ward of less than 6k people now had 46k people all the 40k foreign names and generated pictures.

Lol, it's funny

Did you see some Hijab wearing pictures with Igbo and Christian names? Lots of hurriedly and badly done jobs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CUPP Alleges Massive Voter Registration Fraud With Fake Names By INEC by Beremx(f): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Arysexy:

Imagine that grin

They have already registered 10m fake names asides those that will vote for the ruling party to use in rigging.

I'm sure BC of the number of fake names, they didn't bother doing the needful. They were only interested in pictures to differentiate the registered fake voters
INEC is responsible for this fraud. That’s why they quickly closed the online registration and used incomplete registration for fraud
Sad

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kashim Shettima At Emir Of Kazaure Palace Yesterday / Obasanjo Led Federal Government Developed Lagos Mega City Blue Print(See Report) / Drug Cartels In Guinea. The Link. Things Are Adding Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.