Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Honest Question To The Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Question To The Christians (8004 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Lawag3: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

It's equally funny and sad how dishonest you Christians can get. You intentionally deceive yourselves. Why would god reward you for just playing it safe and worshipping him just in case? And how do you know you are playing it safe with the right god? There are a countless number of deities besides the Christian deity.

In any case, I doubt any god/s, if it/they actually exist, will be fooled by your fake belief.
I'm not a bible student but I know that there's a verse in the bible which talks about people who did not see the Lord but believe by faith and it talks about reward for those people.

yes but none of then ever said this three words in one sentence I am the way the truth and the light some religions have said one or two of this words but never the three many even said that they are not the way. Look it up and tell me what you find.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Lawag3: 8:13am On Sep 16, 2022
LordTheus:

Which God? Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Anubis...?

The God that said he was the way the truth and light
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Lie!
There are many gods that's why their likes and dislikes contradicts leading their worshipers into having confusing opinions on standards! smiley

Lol...funny

You still have a lot to learn..
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2022
LordTheus:

Of course, the argument that guy was making aka Pascal's wager would make a little more sense if he believed that all deities are the same deity. But the person you quoted is probably a believer of the Christian deity and he rejects others like Anubis and Vishnu.

Anubis is not a god.
Sango is not a god.

There is only one creator of all.

Anubis, Sango, Ogun are what the Yoruba calls orisha.

They are laws and principles of life ...

The bible calls them "the sons of God"
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

The God that said he was the way the truth and light

God is not a man or human being.

God is the universal consciousnesses...personified..
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

grin grin LMAO, C'mon DMumuSpeaker. This is 2022. Who still legitimately thinks that the argument from design is a tenable argument for gods, huh? [b]Get with the times, fool[/b] cheesy

grin see how you had nothing reasonable to say in anawer that you had to resort to the fallacy of Argumentum ad populum (because the population of the views of stupid people have increased, so they are right). grin

iPhone will never be greater than Steve Jobs & Co. even if all the iPhones agree and say that they are greater! grin

Judas1X:
Your meaningless assertion here doesn't explain anything
You said everything is created, therefore, the Earth was created also abi? Oya please show us how the Earth was created. Yes nah, what are the processes, the nitty gritty science involved, hmm?

See how you disgrace yourself! grin Even the phone, television and car in your hand, (without the bible called Google) you did not know the science and nitty gritty involved in making them and you are a witness and present during their creation, AND YET, YOU AND ALL OF US KNOW THAT THEY WERE CREATED BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A THING TO CREATE ITSELF.

SO THIS JUST SHOWS HOW GREATLY LUNATIC YOU ARE TO DEMAND OF ME HOW THIS HOUSE CALLED WAS BUILT AND CREATED, EVEN WHEN I WAS NOT THERE?

Judas1X:

When you finish answering that, can you then tell us who designed the designer, hmm?

Your decayed flesh you call a brain would have told you that this is and all the other shits you shit is a deviation from post and that you and your kind have reached the limits of your processing facility while sinking in he swamp of stupidity, if it was working at all. grin

Judas1X:

If you already know this genius, then why bring up the nonsensical claim that without gods and religion, there will be anarchy and mayhem, hmm?

Stupido, the question is what would happen if God abandons or is not in control of this world AND YOU STUPIDLY CAME WITH YOUR PEEP-HOLE VISION TO STUPIDLY SAY IT WAS RELIGIOUS JIHAD.

NOW YOU SEE YOU ARE A UNIVERSAL FOOL! grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

My point is that, people are noticing .

Don't you think it's high time you have a rethink..

My point is that it is your committee mad and stupid devils who attack me.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by chryssanthe(f): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

I'm not a bible student but I know that there's a verse in the bible which talks about people who did not see the Lord but believe by faith and it talks about reward for those people.

yes but none of then ever said this three words in one sentence I am the way the truth and the light some religions have said one or two of this words but never the three many even said that they are not the way. Look it up and tell me what you find.
How do you know what your good claims to be?
You don't, correct? Some other people told you. Some people wrote books.
"Christianity" tells you.
But actually you don't KNOW shit. You don't know what your god says or wants. You don't even know he exist
What your do is to BELIEVE what others tell you, without much scrutiny.
You are gullible

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol...funny
You still have a lot to learn..
YES! From the faithful and discreet slave Jesus talked about! Matthew 24:45 wink

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin see how you had nothing reasonable to say in anawer that you had to resort to the fallacy of Argumentum ad populum (because the population of the views of stupid people have increased, so they are right). grin
Pipe down and stop hyperventilating like a monkey in heat. You wouldn't know a logical fallacy even if it shat on your face cry

If you followed my argument like any normal thinking creature, you'll see I didn't base it on any actual ad populum argument. But I'm not surprised. Judging by your world outlook and grammar, you're just benefiting from the proliferation of the internet and data price cut. You should be selling goat meat in your village market and using the other hand to keep buzzing flies away cheesy cheesy cheesy

My refutation was based solely on the inherent illogic of your post. The teleological argument (the argument from the design that you keep regurgitating, in the same manner your benighted mother keeps breeding illiterate moróns) is easily the most discredited argument for god(s) and rightly so because the flaws and fallacies in it are innumerable at least compared to other arguments for a creator. It is the easiest to debunk, and that's why it didn't surprise me that you'll find it impressive, because I know you're an unapologetic simpleton cheesy

......Sorry. I take that back. Calling you a simpleton is an understatement and underwhelming description of your maladaptive evolutionary growth grin grin

Even the phone, television and car in your hand, (without the bible called Google) you did not know the science and nitty gritty involved in making them and you are a witness and present during their creation.
What are blubbering about here nah grin grin. Nawa o. Indeed you are a maginified ignoramus. Listen fool, we already know phones and cars and TVs are created because we have seen how they're created, repeatedly. We can even observe a phone being created. We know how they function and we are aware of all the variables behind it's functionality. We are not even sure if the Earth was created. You keep assuming CREATION without actually proving it. Where were you when God was creating the universe, hmm? Have you ever created a planet, talk less of a universe? You only believe these ridiculous stories because you read it in your Holy Tales By Moonlight. You are a gullible sucker, and you got played by ancient goat herders. The closest you got near a formal education was your daddy's pigsty cheesy cheesy

AND YET, YOU AND ALL OF US KNOW THAT THEY WERE CREATED BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A THING TO CREATE ITSELF
Speak for yourself clown, I don't assume that they are created simply "because it is impossible for something to create itself." What you did here is commit a STRAWMAN FALLACY. That's a claim you just manufactured out of your rear end and appended to me simply because your brain is too weak to pack a decent punch. Oya tell me, have you heard of RETROCAUSALITY? Hmm? Once again, DMumuSpeaker, reality is not your companion.

If you like increase your font size by tens of million, it cannot cover the shadow of your ignorance and stupidity looming over the thread like a dark cloud. You're already getting emotional, ranting incoherent babble grin grin grin

E don dey vex. Bwahahahahaha grin grin

Your decayed flesh you call a brain would have told you that this is and all the other shits you shit is a deviation from post and that you and your kind have reached the limits of your processing facility while sinking in he swamp of stupidity, if it was working at all. grin
How is it a deviation nah? You claimed there is a creator, no be so? So I'm now asking you how the "creator" came to be. And how do you know the universe was created? You people don't even realize how silly you sound. You are crying about deviation whereas you are the one dodging my questions left right centre grin grin grin.

DMumuSpeaker you're neck-deep in frustration and buried in mud, there's nowhere down further for you to go. Nairaland is therapy for you. I'm your overdose! cheesy cheesy

Kwaaaaaaaakwaaaaaakwaaaa! grin grin grin grin

Stupido, the question is what would happen if God abandons or is not in control of this world AND YOU STUPIDLY CAME WITH YOUR PEEP-HOLE VISION TO STUPIDLY SAY IT WAS RELIGIOUS JIHAD.
Hahahahahahaaaaa, DMumuSpeaker don start again ooo. Please learn how to read. You're all over the place, saying nonsense. The question asked what will happen if gods were disproven and people abandoned belief. Because of your tunnel vision, you may not be able see that the OP is treating god as a concept and not an actual being, like you do. First of all the OP didn't say "...If God abandons...". She said "...if the existence if god was definitely disproved...". Note the difference.

Moving on, you claimed the world will be in anarchy without god, and I pointed out that even right now the world is suffering violence and anarchy even with the perceived "existence" of this god (note the word "existence" in quotations marks. I know you two bit per second memory brain can't decipher the difference between a real statement and a hypothetical statement). I showed you instances of societies where belief in god was rampant and yet crime rates were still high. I mentioned the evils of religious organizations who carry out crimes motivation by their beliefs the existence of a god. You had no response. All you had was tears and bitter rantings. Hahahaha. As a Lawyer running around with a Bible Studies degree, your life is still in limbo, as bleak as the prospect of your mother's ghost of resting in peace after being murdered for eloping with your own best friends with your father's yam proceeds.

Bwahahahahaha hahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin You have been conquered again! Try harder next time cheesy

Oponu. Blazing retárd. Howler monkey. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

My point is that it is your committee mad and stupid devils who attack me.

But none of your post makes sense...

Don't you think them through before posting?

At least try and make sense of it,before trying to post it..
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Endtimer: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
You ask an impossible question and plead that we ignore its impossibility for the sake of argument. I’m curious as to how science could disprove God. Contrary to common atheist folklore, science has spent the last century bringing us closer to belief in the supernatural. It’s a shame that there aren’t enough Christians aware of this to point it out often enough until it sticks. It’s a shame there aren’t enough Christians who know that science is on their side.

As to your point concerning the difference between life with and without God:

- Atheism is only tenable in a predominantly religious society. If we all began to live without belief in God as a result of some impossible scientific discovery, it would ultimately destroy society or lead back to religion. The reason for this is because atheists take for granted the religious pillars all civilized societies are built on; the concept of morality and legislation for instance go hand in hand. Rather than reorder society after the eradication of religion, atheists would need to continue pretending as though religion still had moral force in society; until someone asks: “why can’t I just do whatever I want”. In the end we’ll arrive at a religious society because atheistic society is unsustainable and humans are incurably religious.

- On a personal, rather than sociological, level religion provides purpose for living. Atheism doesn’t. On atheism, suicide is not morally abhorrent. Western nations are beginning to witness the effects of unbelief as their citizens increasingly end their own lives. Let me ask you a question: would it make any difference if you were going to kill yourself today or tomorrow? On atheism, it certainly wouldn’t. On atheism, the fact that we are going to die one day is enough motivation for us to end our lives at once. Anything is enough motivation for us to end our lives.

- Contrary to what many atheists believe, increasing secularism negatively correlates with happiness in society. While happiness isn’t the point of life, it is worth noting that the decline of religion has been accompanied by increased depression in the west.

Note that none of the above is meant to validate the authenticity of religion. Instead it is to conceptualize the faithless society posited in the op.

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Lawag3: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
chryssanthe:

But actually you don't KNOW shit. You don't know what your god says or wants. You don't even know he exist
You are gullible

How do you know that Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity how do you know that mungo park discovered the Niger river they was no video proof right you weren't there either. How do we know of Alexander the great he didn't write books about himself did he? Historians told you , you weren't there you don't know shit.
People wrote books !!! You believe stories of Alexander that lived 300 - 250 before Jesus . I'm not saying that stories of Alexander isn't true but why do you believe them?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by efficiencie(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tamaratonye1:
At your discretion -

You awaken tomorrow to find headlines around the world: Science has definitively proven that no god exists - anywhere in the universe. All the religious leaders concur.

How would your life be different?

Would you lose your job? Would your friends abandon you, or would you abandon friends? In what ways would how you spend your time change? Would your expectations for your future change - for the next day, next week, next month, next year, next decade? Would you suddenly lose talents?

Etc.

Brushing the question aside by claiming such a proof is impossible only ducks the question. Millions of atheists around the world enjoy fulfilling lives without needing a god in it, while many millions cannot envision a life without a god in it. What is it that a god adds that cannot be lived without?

If there is no God then what is the basis of morality? How do you define something good or evil? What makes stealing wrong in every culture? Can you answer that objectively without recourse to God or anything supernatural? If there is no God then what is the origin of order and regularity? If there is no God then all life must be random. Order cannot just bring itself into existence. Order requires intelligence. Just as you can never attribute a book to random events. So what is the origin of order? What is the origin of order in the cosmos and in physical reality? If there is no God where did all of existence come from? Where did matter, space and time originate from? If you say they came from nothing then please define "nothing"?

The last question could easily take you forever to answer in a logically coherent manner. Only a fool assumes there is no God. The real question is "who is God and how can He or She or It be reached?"
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

But none of your post makes sense...

Don't you think them through before posting?

At least try and make sense of it,before trying to post it..

It is written "wisdom is too high for a fool".

Wisdoml has always been very difficult for stupid to understand and stupid people are stupid that they even think wisdom is foolish. Example stupid people will always think that the way to wealth is to keep, whereas, Wisdom Says "Give"! Which of course stupid people say it is foolish!

So you see, the Wise understandeth the fool but the fool never understands the Wise!

If not that I believe that there are 1 or 2 people here who were like my former self seeking The Way, I would not be speaking here. I would continue concentration on using The Golden Sweet Words Wisdom hath Uttered in furtherance of my sweet living. I lose nothing meanwhile I have gained all.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is written "wisdom is too high for a fool".

Wisdoml has always been very difficult for stupid to understand and stupid people are stupid that they even think wisdom is foolish. Example stupid people will always think that the way to wealth is to keep, whereas, Wisdom Says "Give"! Which of course stupid people say it is foolish!

So you see, the Wise understandeth the fool but the fool never understands the Wise!
More gibberish from a religious lunatic. Where's the strikethrough feature when you need one? Abeg come carry this post to it's right designation. Dejected lunatic cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
efficiencie:

If there is no God then what is the basis of morality? How do you define something good or evil? What makes stealing wrong in every culture? Can you answer that objectively without recourse to God or anything supernatural? If there is no God then what is the origin of order and regularity? If there is no God then all life must be random. Order cannot just bring itself into existence. Order requires intelligence. Just as you can never attribute a book to random events. So what is the origin of order? What is the origin of order in the cosmos and in physical reality? If there is no God where did all of existence come from? Where did matter, space and time originate from? If you say they came from nothing then please define "nothing"?

The last question could easily take you forever to answer in a logically coherent manner. Only a fool assumes there is no God. The real question is "who is God and how can He or She or It be reached?"

grin They do not real-eyes that if this House called the world belongs to God, then they have become unlawful occupants of it and are subject to be cast out and ejected. grin since no be dem get dis House! grin

Thief-Thief! Dem wan claim House wey no be dia own! grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

More gibberish from a religious lunatic. Where's the strikethrough feature when you need one? Abeg come carry this post to it's right designation. Dejected lunatic cheesy cheesy cheesy

See Pain! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See Pain! grin grin grin grin grin grin
See Delusions cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2022
chryssanthe:

You are gullible

How do you know water is hot?

Simple! You touch it.

How do you know that your Chemistry textbook is correct?

Ans: You carry out its instructions!

How do you know that the Bible is Right and True?

Simple thing, like your Chemistry textbook, YOU TEST IT OUT!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin grin grin
Dtruthspeaker:

How do you know water is hot?

Simple! You touch it.

How do you know that your Chemistry textbook is correct?

Ans: You carry out its instructions!

How do you know that the Bible is Right and True?

Simple thing, like your Chemistry textbook, YOU TEST IT OUT!
DMumuSpeaker, stop making false and bogus equivocations. Water is not synonymous with an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient deity that cannot be proven to exist in reality. We know water exists. Where is your proof for god? Hmm? Another question you pitifully don't have an answer for. You can't even support your own weight by yourself. Weak-kneed idiot grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin They do not real-eyes that if this House called the world belongs to God, then they have become unlawful occupants of it and are subject to be cast out and ejected. grin since no be dem get dis House! grin

Thief-Thief! Dem wan claim House wey no be dia own! grin
Emphasis on IF. Unfortunately for you and your fellow god freaks, your god cannot be found to exist anywhere,so your fevered imaginations have no basis in our present reality cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

If you followed my argument like any normal thinking creature, you'll see I didn't base it on any actual ad populum argument.

You obviously just crawled out from your shit tank! grin Everyone here knows the atheist signage song. grin

Judas1X:

Religious conflict
Religious intolerance
Religious oppression

[b]These are the things preventing world peace
smiley

But as usual with you stinkton, grin you are so full of shit, from your shithole tank house that the only thing you see, smell and know is Shiiiit! grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

Emphasis on IF. Unfortunately for you and your fellow god freaks, your god cannot be found to exist anywhere,so your fevered imaginations have no basis in our present reality cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin my cars, laptops and JBL are in one of my houses, so of course when I am not near them they can never find me! grin grin grin . Simple common sense! grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:
grin grin grin

DMumuSpeaker, stop making false and bogus equivocations. [b]Water is not synonymous with an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient deity that cannot be proven to exist in reality. We know water exists. Where is your proof for god? Hmm? Another question you pitifully don't have an answer for. You can't even support your own weight by yourself. Weak-kneed idiot grin cheesy grin[/b]

grin I gave 2 examples of how we can ascertain something which we do not know and you dodged them only to complain that 'water is not synonymous with a deity? grin grin grin (even when I did not say such a thing! grin grin grin grin.

You really have nothing valid to say! grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You obviously just crawled out from your shit tank! grin Everyone here knows the atheist signage song. grin

But as usual with you stinkton, grin you are so full of shit, from your shithole tank house that the only thing you see, smell and know is Shiiiit! grin grin grin

grin grin SMDHLMFAO! Look at your replies and look at the posts you're quoting. You have not addressed anything. I brought you down to hurling shit insults all over the thread cheesy grin cheesy. Bwahahahahahaaa. I don touch am today well well grin cheesy grin. I got you foaming in the mouth and blabbing incoherencies. You have become confusion personified grin grin grin

DMumuSpeaker is crushed again. Kwaaaaaaakwaaaaakwaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by TheDictatorNd: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
Christianity is not the religion of the bible
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin my cars, laptops and JBL are in one of my houses, so of course when I am not near them they can never find me! grin grin grin . Simple common sense! grin grin grin grin
You really have nothing more to offer. I actually thought you'd step up after I pointed it out the first time but you came back with same old bogus equivocations that have come to characterize your posts

Are you Omniscient?
Are you Omnipresent?
Are you Omnipotent?

You are none of the above. Just a frustrated clown arguing nonsensities on an online forum grin grin grin

What a frustrated butthurt baby grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I gave 2 examples of how we can ascertain something which we do not know and you dodged them only to complain that 'water is not synonymous with a deity? grin grin grin (even when I did not say such a thing! grin grin grin grin.

You really have nothing valid to say! grin grin grin grin

Says the defected ape who doesn't realize he's using false equivalence fallacies to make his points. Your analogies are flawed because they don't truly represent the subject of your position. I don't expect you to understand though. We are all well acquainted with your acute cognitive limitations grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

grin grin SMDHLMFAO! Look at your replies and look at the posts you're quoting. You have not addressed anything. I brought you down to hurling shit insults all over the thread cheesy grin cheesy. grin[/b]

"Hurling shit insults all over the thread" cool grin grin when from the beginning of your post today till now you have been ejaculating very ticklish insults defiling this thread grin grin grin

Beyond all doubts, you are insane to have not remembered this. grin I have definitely blown up your last morsel of sanity and you have none left. grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

Says the defected ape who doesn't realize he's using false equivalence fallacies to make his points. Your analogies are flawed because they don't truly represent the subject of your position. I don't expect you to understand though. We are all well acquainted with your acute cognitive limitations grin grin grin

grin grin grin You Nothing to say! grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by triplechoice(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Endtimer:
[b] You ask an impossible question and plead that we ignore its impossibility for the sake of argument. I’m curious as to how science could disprove God.[/b]Contrary to common atheist folklore, science has spent the last century bringing us closer to belief in the supernatural. It’s a shame that there aren’t enough Christians aware of this to point it out often enough until it sticks. It’s a shame there aren’t enough Christians who know that science is on their side.

As to your point concerning the difference between life with and without God:

- Atheism is only tenable in a predominantly religious society. If we all began to live without belief in God as a result of some impossible scientific discovery, it would ultimately destroy society or lead back to religion. The reason for this is because atheists take for granted the religious pillars all civilized societies are built on; the concept of morality and legislation for instance go hand in hand. Rather than reorder society after the eradication of religion, atheists would need to continue pretending as though religion still had moral force in society; until someone asks: “why can’t I just do whatever I want”. In the end we’ll arrive at a religious society because atheistic society is unsustainable and humans are incurably religious.

- On a personal, rather than sociological, level religion provides purpose for living. Atheism doesn’t. On atheism, suicide is not morally abhorrent. Western nations are beginning to witness the effects of unbelief as their citizens increasingly end their own lives. Let me ask you a question: would it make any difference if you were going to kill yourself today or tomorrow? On atheism, it certainly wouldn’t. On atheism, the fact that we are going to die one day is enough motivation for us to end our lives at once. Anything is enough motivation for us to end our lives.

- Contrary to what many atheists believe, increasing secularism negatively correlates with happiness in society. While happiness isn’t the point of life, it is worth noting that the decline of religion has been accompanied by increased depression in the west.

Note that none of the above is meant to validate the authenticity of religion. Instead it is to conceptualize the faithless society posited in the op.

At the emboldened, I thought I was the only one to noticed the deception.

To make it worse, the op later displayed egocentric thinking in saying that millions of atheist round the world are enjoying fulfilling lives, while refusing to acknowledge the fact that millions, if not, billions of religious people around the world, are also enjoying the same .

She never told us what makes for a self fulfilling live.

One's belief or non belief in a deity is never an hindrance to living a live that is self fulfilling. In fact it has been demonstrated that those who practice some form of spirituality or the other enjoy a life that's self fulfilling than those who don't. Less stress and better health outcomes that prolongs life, having a greater sense of purpose and so on.

Even though not subscribed to any religious belief; I practiced some form of spirituality, ( don't believe in any religious God or gods) the Op, to me, is not well thought out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Mantras / The Trinity (true Or False). The Love Perspective. / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.