Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road (22699 Views)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by bhella10: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Tinubus so called Lagos
Yes Tinubu's Lagos. Show us your State.
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by decharlic(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
We fell victims there last two weeks but we fought ourselves out from those stu.pid officers. Lagos state now is not for fainted hearts.

4 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by delpee(f): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
There are other roads like this. Some roads are also designated one way in different directions at different times of the day. Of course, those who are not familiar with those places can easily fall victim.

LASG needs to put well installed bold signs for people to see. The officials on duty should warn those who may not know instead of hanging around to make money from victims.

3 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by DisGuy: 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

When driving use your head or they use you cash out.

The sign should be bold enough for everyone to see.

...the Officers stationed there remove them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by signz: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
Roads like that are many in Lagos, no sign to know you're entering One-Way.

Lastma, Police and Agberos lay ambush.

Wish i had stoopid money, i would've taken LASG to court. There should be a judicial pronouncement that makes it illegal for Police or Lastma to arrest anybody that makes the mistake of flouting the One way rule because there isn't a visible sign.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by greypencils: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lol. One chance! I almost fell into that trap at that same spot. Thanks to a passerby that alerted me.

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by ajepako(f): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
That is my route daily and I make my U-turn right in the Petrol station

Case closed..
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Headachetoigboh(f): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
They should Inform the owner of Lagos nah.
Him dey Bourevard way.
Lagos Landlord
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by broadman20: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
We can all see how Lagos is making 100billion a month.

What a rogue state called Lagos?

And yet it's going into the hand of one bat eyes man.

Anyway, one day for the owners!

Nothing last forever........

4 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Day169: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
IGR Stunt! undecided

2 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by sean079: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Problem in naija is not that citizen are stubborn but lack of political will from the authority to educate citizens adequately about laws and how to avoid it.

The authority are always glad that citizens are breaking the law while it should be other way round of doing every thing to prevent it from happening.

2 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by hotseat: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
In whatever position the average Nigerian finds himself/herself, the tendency is to make life more difficult for fellow Nigerians.

Why na?

Private individuals are alleged to have mounted the one-way sign repeatedly and got removed by some unscrupulous elements to cash out on hapless Nigerians who ply the road without being aware of the road being a one-way.

This is heartless and must be condemned by all and sundry.

After now, dem go impound cars of "offenders" and auction dem for giveaway price.

Sanwo Olu!

Be mindful of the enemies within and do justice to this dent on your sterling administration which have so far been on a crescendo.

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Emman08: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Officers make money from there. How can law abiding citizens tamper with where officers de chop from

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by KingRSHD2(m): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
Don't mindt hem and those police will be happy to catch you so u can pay
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
bhella10:
Yes Tinubu's Lagos. Show us your State.
Iragbiji Osun
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Government should look into this. Maybe some corrupt officers are using that area to make money.
did you say maybe? It happens all over Lagos. They remove warning signs and wait for you to enter then they come out of their hiding and say you broke the law. One which they go out of their way to make sure you do not know about. When Rufai Oseni entered a BRT lane, people kept saying ignorance of the law does not absolve you. I just de laugh because everybody that was insulting Rufai must feel that pain.

2 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by reddingtonblack: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Government should look into this. Maybe some corrupt officers are using that area to make money.

Did you just say maybe, unforunately the govt and task officer bank on commuters ignorances to generate easy revenue.

Govt they don't pray you know your left from your right know this know peace
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Upright750: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Your respond is very poor. As developed as lagos .. you are asking someone to drive on imagination. Dont you know that every route should have signs and also on google map to tell you its oneway or not . Because if the state law is working properly . Any suspect offender on that route without signs should sue the Lasma for that. There is a ministry that is in charge of signs and to add or edit every route on Google map.

5 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Officialgarri: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Yaba aswell, before you get to Unilag junction.

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by dexmond: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
So most of the vehicles auctioned off would have been victims of this.

God help save us from the hands of our own government.

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Concord23(m): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

I was once a victim and I told the officer that they is no sign of one way, but with the help of some guys that know what the evil officers are doing I manage to get away with it.
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
davillian:
Lmao,
No sign but yet they accuse you of breaking traffic laws....
May be it was there before but hungry lions removed it....
If you know you know...
The people who remove are the officers themselves. I once made a Uturn at Marwa in Lekki (when the roundabout was newly removed and an intersection was used to replace it) I didn’t know I had to cross the first traffic light and move to the next reason being that there was no sign. Just as I turned, they just blocked me and pointed me to a sign. As I turned to look at it, one of the officers was removing a dirty piece of rag used to cover the sign then they took a picture of my car and the uncovered sign.

2 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by 27Pushing30: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
olaboy33:
Similar thing happens at Oniru Road when coming from Ligali Ayorinde.

Rather than put a proper sign to guide people not to make a turn, the corrupt Officer would lurk around to see the 'new' guy who would fall victim of their extortion.

Oniru road ke? You don’t even need to see a sign … the way the road is designed you sef you will know .
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by 27Pushing30: 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
dexmond:
So most of the vehicles auctioned off would have been victims of this.

God help save us from the hands of our own government.

Do a small check and you’ll see that’s a lie.

Most of these cars are clear one way drivers.

Especially the bus drivers
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Isn't that how it is all over Lagos? The few times they erect signs, they either put them behind a tree or pole, and when it comes to "No U-turn" signs, they erect those far from the u-turn so you've passed them and gotten close to the u-turn before bothering to look for a "No U-turn" sign (which you'll never find).

This is the reason Lagosians condemn those so-called car auctions. Yes, they broke the law. But was the law spelled out? Did the government do its best to stop people from breaking the law? Or did they trap people into breaking the law? The law is there to protect people and not to implicate them. Even the law forbids you from saying or doing things that may implicate you in a crime you committed.
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by just2endowed: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

That's why dashcam is very good.

I've dealt with lots of traffic officers here.

They know me and I know them.

We don go court tire.

They're owing me a lot of money.

Pls explain one scenario
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Dee60: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
This is Lagos where a particular party keeps torturing the citizens and the tortured citizens keep voting them to power. Now, the sensible ones seem to be leaving in droves!
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by simplesearch: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
This is part of what I was driving at yesterday. What are the procedures put in place to warrant clear-cut obedience and justify prosecution of offenders? You move around highly uncoordinated routes with little traffic signs and visibility, yet as a first timer driving through those routes you're expected to know some are one way. LASTMA in Lagos are not carrying out their duty with the fear of God and utmost civility. To impound cars, auction them and collect huge penalty fee shouldn't be the sole aim of doing this job. What happens to educating the public and erecting a clear signs post to give clear direction and warnings? Or is Lagos state government so poor they can't put this little thing's in place, to prevent unintentional breaking of traffic laws?

2 Likes

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

My brother. Pray it didn't happen to you. I entered a new town and I was driving comfortably and someone shouted,'one way'.
I went back and checked. No sign at the divide

1 Like

Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Godofpossibility(m): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
I always says this things they should put proper road signs and one way but they will not inorder for them to be stealing money from drivers by their trap
Re: No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
delpee:
There are other roads like this. Some roads are also designated one way in different directions at different times of the day. Of course, those who are not familiar with those places can easily fall victim.

LASG needs to put well installed bold signs for people to see. The officials on duty should warn those who may not know instead of hanging around to make money from victims.

These ones are worse. The Dopemu bridge becomes one-way at 3 pm. You cannot go from Akowonjo to Dopemu anymore but can go from Dopemu to Akowonjo. There is a sign there but it is hidden behind a tree. Most drivers will miss it and even the few that don't will only notice it after climbing the bridge. Yet, those LASTMA and traffic officers will stay at the top or end of the bridge waiting to arrest innocent drivers that default that law.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! / LRU Rescues Fatal Accident Victims On Berger Bridge, Lagos (photos) / Whats My Best Relocation Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.