Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm (29107 Views)

Poll: And the winner is?

France: 7% (10 votes)
Nigeria: 92% (118 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs France: (3 - 5) On Pens In U-17 Women's World Cup 4th Oct 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Gbenge77(m): 2:11am On Aug 15, 2011
Nothing spectacular about the French,but they were terrific at the back.Now,we are left to ponder on what mipht have been.Only if we had defended better.Only if we had played to our potentials.Only if,
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by kizito96(m): 4:06am On Aug 15, 2011
Any body with High Blood Pressure should not watch Nigeria Matches, otherwise you will just have a heart attack
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by mcobinad(m): 4:45am On Aug 15, 2011
Nigeria played against another African country and not France. They tend to use energetic black brothers when it comes to sports. Shame on them. France learn to produce players that have European features. Don't go steal our french brothers from Côte d'ivoire, Sénégal and Mali to represent your lazy bottom and let's see if your players can hold their breathe in the next 45mins.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by davidif: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2011
WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING MATCH THIS WAS, VERY, VERY HEART WRENCHING. Like someone said earlier, there was nothing special about the French at all, they just stuck to there strengths and that was falling back to defend in numbers and hitting us on the break. All the so called European big names they have on there roster looked really ordinary. Talent wise, we were the better team, all the so called kakuta's, griezman's and co. are not even worthy to lace our players boots but at the end of the day they won because they were more organized than we were AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY HAD MORE STAMINA THAN WE DID BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY, OUR BOYS SIMPLY RAN OUT OF GAS. They were soooooo exhausted in the second half of extra time that they could barely even hold on to the ball. The french on the other hand seemed to be very energized during the same spell of the game.
The french of course cannot play like us so they stuck to defending very well. They let us have enough of the ball in the first half while they sat back in the middle to protect there defense and they let us run ourselves into the ground. We had to change our style of play of holding on to possession by making short passes through out the pitch to attempting long ball after long ball.
What is sooooooo sad is that at the end of the day is the way that this was probably the most talented and most entertaining team in the tournament but unfortunately many of them would hardly play in a top European club instead its the absolutely bland and lesser skilled players on the other team who would get to play for the top clubs despite the fact that none of them are even on the same level as our other players. This is why we need to develop our league so that our players can grow and develop rather than ending up in the bench in Europe or playing in a pathetic league for a European coach that takes away there natural game from them and stifles there natural creativity thereby transforming them into the same bland and unskilled European type of player.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by YoruIgbo(m): 5:22am On Aug 15, 2011
mcobinad:

Nigeria played against another African country and not France. They tend to use energetic black brothers when it comes to sports. Shame on them. France learn to produce players that have European features. Don't go steal our french brothers from Côte d'ivoire, Sénégal and Mali to represent your lazy bottom and let's see if your players can hold their breathe in the next 45mins.
Slightly better than your previous post grin Dem beat us and that's what matters most! Whether dem use hause, igbo or yoruba it's now in the past. Our politician should face politics and leave all these boys to focus on the business of the day.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by odumchi: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2011
Im going to miss watching Ahmed Musa's dazzling runs undecided cry

Nigeria, the best and most talented team of the tournament, leaves. And also, Ahmed Musa, the best player of the tournament leaves. I wont be watching this WC any more. Its only going to be the old usual European drama.

But I blame the referee, he failed to give Nigeria 2 penalties and a corner, but I digress.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2011
NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by ksam(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2011
After everything,we still clash out at q.t finals not even in the semis that means there is nothing for us.can someone please tell me what are people like T.b joshua,chris and the rest of our powerfull men of God doing.this is when they are stopose to act and pray for nig,but rather they will sit there and begin to tell other countries their visions and hw to deal with it just to get fame.please nairalanders i need help,how can i stop watching football,i am just to young to be heart broken all the time. After everything,we still clash out at q.t finals not even in the semis that means there is nothing for us.can someone please tell me what are people like T.b joshua,chris and the rest of our powerfull men of God doing.this is when they are stopose to act and pray for nig,but rather they will sit there and begin to tell other countries their visions and hw to deal with it just to get fame.please nairalanders i need help,how can i stop watching football,i am just to young to be heart broken all the time.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Debroslink: 7:38am On Aug 15, 2011
ksam:

After everything,we still clash out at q.t finals not even in the semis that means there is nothing for us.can someone please tell me what are people like T.b joshua,chris and the rest of our powerfull men of God doing.this is when they are stopose to act and pray for nig,but rather they will sit there and begin to tell other countries their visions and hw to deal with it just to get fame.please nairalanders i need help,how can i stop watching football,i am just to young to be heart broken all the time. After everything,we still clash out at q.t finals not even in the semis that means there is nothing for us.can someone please tell me what are people like T.b joshua,chris and the rest of our powerfull men of God doing.this is when they are stopose to act and pray for nig,but rather they will sit there and begin to tell other countries their visions and hw to deal with it just to get fame.please nairalanders i need help,how can i stop watching football,i am just to young to be heart broken all the time.

Abegi go siddon joor. What's God's biznez with football??
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by babyboy3(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2011
Our ABC (ARUGBO BOYS CLUB) still find it difficult to beat an U21 team,

The whole management team are a bit, in a hot climate the players are running at full pelt from the first minute,
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Abayomin70(m): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2011
u guys are now blammin dem i taut u all said dem go win d cup dose french guys are not french at all oooo i can bet it with my life they are from africa.well every dis appointment is always a blessing dats how me see life oooooo
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by zikclassiq(m): 9:22am On Aug 15, 2011
Eeayaaah, too bad huh? Tank God i didnt watch d match! I 4 get heart failure!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Geomel: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2011
We appreciate them,is not easy may God give them the heart to bear the loss.
www.geomelgroup.org
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2011
Well, Ejike tried.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by omar22(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2011
u guys are now blammin dem i taut u all said dem go win d cup dose french guys are not french

The clutching at straws, Like their wasnt kids of ethnic origin in the English team that Nigeria beat.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Ayoobscom(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2011
Muhammed Musa still remains the best/was unable to sell himself/now big team hunting after him,
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by muystoy(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2011
despite playing against their their aburos,they still find it difficult to soar high,LESSON,winning at all costs will only get u nowhere,shame on u John OBUKO and No Future Ambition/Nigerians Feeding on Football
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Texther(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2011
help me beg Arsene Wenger make he go buy dis La cassette ooo b4 money bag club carry am. He is too hot for naija defence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2011
Up flying eagles. They did us proud, and where very gallant, even in losing. Thank you flying eagles, for flying Our flag. We are PROUD of you guys.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by otumfour(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2011
folahann:

Ghanaians can start jubilating now, it's a good day fo you.

, u people just can't leave Ghana out, can u , most Ghanaians don't even know abt the on going under 17 tournament.
whew! SMH! ((thinking)) >>> "most Nigerians"
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by INFO70: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2011
The guys tried their best kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by ayusco: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2011
first of shout-out to semid4lyfe for his spot on prediction about the FE lasting till the quarters(guy u be winchard) jokes apart i looking at this team with the aim of iding players who can immediately fit into the SE. ramon azeez looks desent, suswaan too but needs to work hard on the defensive part of his game, sani emmanuel and dani paul have potential, musa really excites me glad he's already in the senior team good on the left awesome on the right guy could be next superstar mark my words. as for the rest?  tongue did u guys see uncle ejike?  shocked loooooool sagamite baba wats up men u mad funny  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by mrikedawn(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2011
I HAIL OF UNA, UNA TALK WELLA BUT MAKE I TELL UNA THOSE BOIS DEY OKAY, IN A GAME WINNER MUST SHOW UP AND MAKE UNDERSTAND SAY NO BE EVERY TIME PERSON DEY WIN.
I SEE UNA
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by bong4(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
The boys did theri best but i feel they were just spiritually unlucky. As i posted earlier, Nigeria does better wearing Green. White does not favour us in football especially when we started wearing green from the beginning and winning. Also the so called high powered government officials that went there just took their badluck to the team. The boys were betteroff without them Next Time, maintain the green colour or start wearing the white from the beginning and please no official should go supporting our teams.

I recommend the boys should take over from the olympics eagles and continue with the qualifiers against London 2012 olympics. Coach Obuh is still one of the best. Well done Eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by mrikedawn(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
4get color abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by bong4(m): 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
well it is easy to say forget colour but i tell you if you have followed Nigeria football over the years you wont argue. Ask the germans how they fare when putting on green instead of their traditional white. these things follow dear.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by DisGuy: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
Well done to them they tried!!

Ahmed Musa Needs to learn some leg over skills and how to cross with his left leg he will be immense!!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Gbenge77(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
We witnessed some "criminal" defending by our defenders.You dont defend like that at a world championship.They gave the french forwards lots of spaces to operate.

The Nigerian goalkepper is brilliant,but he is too short.A taller keeper might have prevented the second goal.
The DF wasnt effectivetin breaking up play.
We also lacked the killer instinct in the final third.And the time -wasting tactics of the French coupled with some dodgy calls by the Referee did not help matters.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Texther(m): 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2011
goodluck
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by semid4lyfe(m): 5:47am On Aug 16, 2011
14 pages?

Damn! It must have been an awesome match. Missed it cos I was in a remote village without electricity, couldn't venture out at night and get access to a TV undecided

Anyway, not really surprised cos our team had a lot of loopholes and weak points. After all said and said, Coach Obuh should be left to continue with the U-20 team and Ramon Azeez should be drafted into the U-23/Super Eagles team immediately.

I was impressed with him Ramon Azeez in the 2009 U-17 World Cup and he had a splendid performance in this U-20 WYC.

Better luck next time, Flying Eagles wink
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 16, 2011
I Notioned before that match we watch Out for Kakuta cos i knew how lethal he could be though he started from the bench cos of the runs of Griezmann n Co he's addition was such an effective one!

Now the next step should be what to be done to the team i.e the Flying Eagles?!

IMO I'ld advice the likes of Musa, Suswan, Azeez, Kayode, Sani Emma and Egbedi be drafted to the national team, they are worth the notch!
Though it doesnt mean that others should be forgotten, their progress should be watched closely cos they are all talented and above all stick to Obuh, he's got an eye for gr8t talents!!

**Cheers**
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
Things fall apart. the centre can not hold,

I love my country,

NIGERIA I HAIL THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

GREEN WHITE GREEN,

Our flags must keep on flying.

Thanks all for the support.

KUDOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ ALL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Amokachi, Essien, Gallas, Osaze Feature In Kanu's Match To Help The Poor / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner / More Players Arrive In UYO Camp Ahead Of AFCON 2021 Qualifier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.