Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets (79901 Views)

Biden Signs Cryptocurrency Executive Order On Digital Assets (Video) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by georgeakins: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Now Tinubu will rush and sell out his properties in London in case…

Some of your past state governors looted your future to buy estates in U.K, U.S and Canada, but you're here talking about Tinubu.

Ibos always displaying stupidity all the time.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
They got those properties through corruption that is why they neither have will.They even used fictitious names to register the properties.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by onome2013: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
Can this happen in Nigeria
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OnionBandit(f): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
bemagnify:

Hahaha na you be oversabi. How do you know that the estates are worth more than the threshold? And what if the owners WILL it to his spouse? how will the UK GOVT know? is the UK GOVT the custodian of the WILL?
Well, the message has been passed that we belong to the same institute, even though you didn't pass it well. I hope you are chartered now
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by PerfectStranger(m): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
georgeakins:

Some of your past state governors looted your future to buy estates in U.K, U.S and Canada, but you're here talking about Tinubu.

Ibos always displaying stupidity all the time.
I’m not from the East FYI. Y’all Tinubu urchins are part of the reason i think Nigeria won’t ever be better.

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Oceanjagaban: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2022
I no fit find my papa name there sef,na wa
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Mkelv0106:
Mehn, so all these assets will be claimed by the UK government then. This is how Ibori and some other politicians assets will be claimed by them too after sometime. All the politicians be making the UK government make easy money off of them, bcus they stole it from ordinary citizens. Hope one day, all Atiku properties in Dubai will not be seize too, since he lives in Dubai more than in Nigeria.
I tell you!
Very reckless, profligate wastrels

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by ednut1(m): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
You hide your assets from your family. Govt go still take am last last

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by olisaEze(m): 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Another familiar name on the list is Victor Adedapo Olufemi Fani-Kayode, who is alleged to have died on August 15, 2001, in Birmingham, with the Birmingham City Council identified as the informant.

So he was a snitch?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by bemagnify: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
OnionBandit:
Well, the message has been passed that we belong to the same institute, even though you didn't pass it well. I hope you are chartered now

chartered what?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by CountVersailles(f): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Enough yahoo email material followign from this

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
E be like say Fani Kayode grandparents steal public funds and stash abroad.The lineage dey ffk blood.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Maccar02: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Any name similar to my name pinm UK enter trouble cos I will claim it
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Bryanfaisal: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
I can't find my surname
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MT: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
OnionBandit:
Mehn!

There is no way you can claim these properties without paying inheritance tax of 40% after deduction of any available nil rate band..and that is where I see a major problem. Hehe..The UK doesn't joke with inheritance tax, unlike Nigeria where you can inherit property worth billions and you have no tax to pay on them whatsoever.

Nigeria is a good country, we just don't know. All we need is a change of attitude..for we are all bad as a people

I mentioned nil rate band na, Mr oversabi..you and I know that most estates are worth more than the normal and resident nil rate band combined. Plus if it was left for the spouse which is exempt, the spouses would have been contacted and the owners names wouldnt have been published..talk another

Govt collects tax on inheritance in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by dchamp234(m): 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Can't find my uncle's name embarassed embarassed
Your uncle is in jail..

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Gbemini(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
I trust igbo people they will do changes of names to claim these properties... Awon omo olefoo

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Ever8090: 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Most of them na thief them Thief those money go hide
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OnionBandit(f): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
MT:

Govt collects tax on inheritance in Nigeria
So I heard but in practice, my dear, it doesn't work. I have been into tax for years but I have never seen it happen.. please tell me your experience
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
dchamp234:

Your uncle is in jail..
Get out sad sad
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by candidbabe(f): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
That number 2 should be ffk's Grandfather
Anywhere belle face.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by BABANGBALI: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Omo see properties. How does one apply to be the next of king of one of them, so as to claim the property?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by georgeakins: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
bhella10:
Reminds one of the book The Lonely Londoner

Who is the author and where can I get it, please?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by BABANGBALI: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Gbemini:
I trust igbo people they will do changes of names to claim these properties... Awon omo olefoo
heavy vawulence grin grin grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Acidosis(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Vanity. All is vanity.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Not only nigerians my neighbour here an English man left a 7 bedroom Villa. He even left a cottage for me in his will, i am still battling in court with his so called distance cousin for the cottage house. If any of these naigerian has any families atall, it doesn't even if they are distance families the house will be given to them, as long as they can proof that they are distance families of the dead nigerians.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Johnn44: 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
bemagnify:

chartered what?
Chartered accountant? grin
Guessed right?
Abi na chartered bus cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MT: 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
OnionBandit:
So I heard but in practice, my dear, it doesn't work. I have been into tax for years but I have never seen it happen.. please tell me your experience

When someone passes and you go get letter of administration. I am not sure of the exact percentage again, but i think it is 10% of the inheritance that will be forfeited to the Govt. This is no hearsay, I witnessed few years ago.

Lawyers in the house can enlighten more.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump Is Google Face Of "Idiot" (Photos) / Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Earthquake Rocks Italy Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.