Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26743 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by LaJoe2: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
Grandmeister:

You did well in shedding some light but Christ himself referred to the Father as “the one who SENT me”. Yes the spirit of the Father was active in him but his utterances showed that even in the heavenly realms they were seperate entities.

Yes! but HE spoke in that manner because HE wanted to live an example for us. See verses below:

John 13:15 (ESV)
15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.

1 Peter 2:21(ESV)
21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

Another reason why JESUS CHRIST did not reveal Himself braggadoshiously and expressly in the manner you expected to the World was that it was a privilege reserved for those that believed Him and desired to be close to Him; It was a divine revelation to those who GOD had already chosen/foreknew/foreordained. (He said I know my own and my own know me - John 10:14)

At this point, I don't want to get too deep for fear that I may confuse you, but I would say this: Do you know that GOD already knows those that are His? Do you know GOD already knows those that will make it to Heaven? Don't you know that Hell is the only place that was enlarged (Isa 5:14), but Heaven's dimensions are fixed !? (Rev 21:15-17).

See verses to buttress my point below:

Matthew 16:15-17(ESV)
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

- One thing you should understand is this: The Jews knew what the phrase Son of GOD meant, which was GOD in the Flesh. To say that literally meant to say: JESUS CHRIST is GOD. Their Prophets had already prophesied about this, and they were awaiting Him (GOD in the Flesh), but they didn't believe that that Man was the Christ (CHRIST is another title of GOD which means The anointed One, The Savior). I will show you this in the Subsequent scriptures. See this one below:

John 5:18 (ESV)
18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

- They knew what that phrase meant and why it was a taboo to them worth crucifixion.

Yes! you said JESUS CHRIST spoke referring to GOD as though HE was speaking to a different entity, that's true, but only GOD can do this and get away with it; only The ONE that's Omnipresent, can do this and get away with it; only The ONE that's Omnipotent, can do this and get away with it.

The same JESUS CHRIST, asides from the fact HE also said if you've seen Me, you've seen The Father, the same JESUS CHRIST that spoke in that manner of speaking as of a 2nd person/entity, had this to say along with the Prophets and the Apostles. Kindly read as follows;

John 8:58(ESV)
58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

- The last to say this was GOD in Ex 3:14 during the times of Moses.

Now, let's hear the Prophets:

Isaiah 9:6(ESV)
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

- So do we have two Everlasting fathers now !? Do we now have two Mighty gods Now !? I dare anyone to claim such, I will shut their mouths with scriptures.

Now let's see what the Apostles said or how they referred to HIM;

John 11:25-26 (ESV)
5 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

- JESUS CHRIST calling Himself The Resurrection and The Life (Only GOD can say that; only GOD has the power to Kill and to make Alive). Keep traveling with me (scripturally). Be ready to read.

1 John 5:20(ESV)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

- Do I need to explain this? It's clear! I repeat: I dare anyone to say there are now TWO gods let me bulldoze him/her with a Tsunami of Scriptures. He/she better not commit blasphemy.

John 20:28(ESV)
28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

- Did Thomas lie !? - Do not forget the Scripture that says: One LORD, One Faith, One Baptism

Ephesians 4:5-6 (ESV)
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

- Still talking about ONE 'Who', One Deity. It didn't say 'which' or 'they'

Colossians 1:15-20 (ESV)
5 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.
19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

- Paul called JESUS CHRIST creator, so how many Creators do we now have !? Describing CHRIST with the same qualities and abilities of GOD, yet we have ONE GOD/ Creator.

Titus 2:13 (ESV)
13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

- Did Apostle Paul lie !?

Now I want to show that CHRIST pre-existed The Body that was begotten even though the scriptures I've quoted already have. Read as follows:

1 Corinthians 10:4 (ESV)
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

- referring to GOD - the Spirit that accompanied the Israelites out of slavery from Eygpt.

1 Peter 1:10-11 (ESV)
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully,
11 inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories.

- How many Spirits do we have !? The Spirit of GOD and the Spirit of CHRIST that were in the Prophets grin grin

Finally, let me show where JESUS CHRIST was called the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:9(ESV)
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

- Apostle Paul refers to the Spirit of GOD as the Spirit of CHRIST.

I pray my typing did not go to waste today, and I pray GOD increases your wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the Truth of GOD's Word.
Amen!

Shalom!

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by bobestman(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2022
Oyibos didn't give you Christianity but Christendom. What you know as Christianity was once an ancient African way or form of African Spirituality. African Spirituality is in twos, the one ppl follow today and a lost one based on seeking only God. Their are books written by African scribes which they also read or study. These books are seen or known as sacred texts today. From such books, things were picked to form your Bible. That true way is not Christianity. Oyibos have to merge it with what they brought and call it Christianity. Oyibos gave you the wrong way that is why their is corruption in it and lies.

Sorry only Africans can tell you the truth about hell. They were the first religion and from one of their ways was your Christianity formed. Christianity still has a lot to learn from Africa spirituality. Their is nothing like hell. Even God according to your Bible was in the midst of fire (hell) or surrounded with fire(hell). That's if you take hell to mean fire. This is why it written that He is a consuming fire.
When ppl die, their is a good and bad place they go as they await the day of judgement which has not happened. It is only after judgement (the great white throne) shall they know their destination. The place they are, they can return if possible (rip). What they wrote as hell is the judgement by fire(wrath of God). When the son of man comes and separate the sheep and goats. The goats will then be judged with fire. Fire dripping from above but the righteous won't be hurt. This fire also purifies the earth. Then the righteous who remain will inherit a brand new earth. This happened to Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible. This is where they got the concept of hell. All those hell you see is cos you have made your mind accept it that it exists and it has registered in your sub conscious mind and hence you see it. In the book of Revelations, their were ppl who were slained by those on earth and they were gathered in a place (not heaven) where they cried to God to avenge them from those who killed them on earth and they were asked to wait a little longer. This not heaven or hell and those were righteous seeds waiting for the earth to be judged and cleansed and then they will return. Their is nothing like hell in African spirituality which is the mother of your religions. Many of them understand the doctrines and the book more than you. Their Ancestors wrote the book not Christians.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
Idamond:
Was the our traditional more better than the Christianity..
No

So believing God impregnated another man's wife sits well with you?

Or should I call the psychiatrist hospital?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Idamond: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
sonmvayina:

So believing God impregnated another man's wife sits well with you?

Or should I call the psychiatrist hospital?

you should have stated a place in the holy bible that accept laying with another Man's wife is good..

let not justify what bad people do to Christlike or because he/she is believed to be a wayward Christian.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
sonmvayina:

I can't believe I read that from you..

You are making progress even it's at a snails pace.

I believe you will get there at your own time..

Thank you..

If you were not that insane you would have seen that I have always said that Natural Law is God's Rule over the affairs of man and this earth.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If you were not that insane you would have seen that I have always said that Natural Law is God's Rule over the affairs of man and this earth.

No..you have never..

You worship jesus, who I keep telling you was invented by the Romans..
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
Idamond:

you should have stated a place in the holy bible that accept laying with another Man's wife is good..

let not justify what bad people do to Christlike or because he/she is believed to be a wayward Christian.

But you believe god impregnated Mary .

Don't you?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Idamond: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
sonmvayina:

But you believe god impregnated Mary .

Don't you?
The virgin birth of Jesus is the Christian doctrine that Jesus was conceived by his mother, Mary, through the power of the Holy Spirit and without sexual intercourse
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I forgot to answer your question from earlier. Following what is written in Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7, indeed a corpse is a man with the breath of life gone from it. undecided

I know we assume without evidence that it is the soul that leaves the body but that belief is not at all scriptural as instead, it is instead the breath of God that leaves a man when He dies. And as God clearly said - in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 - the man then perishes in his grave. undecided
The Bible states that when the breath of God entered man he became a living soul... Questions you should ask
1. What does the breath of God mean?
2. What is the soul of a man ?
3. Do you agree that humans are tripartite? Body , Soul and Spirit?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2022
Shutupthere:
The Bible states that when the breath of God entered man he became a living soul... Questions you should ask
1. What does the breath of God mean?
2. What is the soul of a man ?
3. Do you agree that humans are tripartite? Body , Soul and Spirit?
1. The breath of God, God's own spirit, gives life to man's soul, and when God takes that breath out of man, man dies. undecided
2. Man's soul is an aspect of man ... a part of that which is man. undecided
3. Man is instead of Mind, body, and soul... undecided

Of His breath of Life, God in Genesis 6, said the following...
1. When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in[a] man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.
4 The Nephilim[b] were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. - Genesis 6 vs 1 - 4
... clearly indicating that breath is His and returns to Him after man's tenure on earth is over, so it is erroneous to conclude that the breath of Life is a part of that which makes a man. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2022
Idamond:

The virgin birth of Jesus is the Christian doctrine that Jesus was conceived by his mother, Mary, through the power of the Holy Spirit and without sexual intercourse

That means god impregnated another man's wife..
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. The breath of God, God's own spirit, gives life to man's soul, and when God takes that breath out of man, man dies. undecided
2. Man's soul is an aspect of man ... a part of that which is man. undecided
3. Man is instead of Mind, body, and soul... undecided

Of His breath of Life, God in Genesis 6, said the following...
... clearly indicating that breath is His and returns to Him after man's tenure on earth is over, so it is erroneous to conclude that the breath of Life is a part of that which makes a man. undecided

The Spirit of God is the Holy Ghost otherwise referred to as the spirit of the living God. Acts 1:8 ( This settles what the spirit of God is - also read Gen 1 He was the first personality of the Godhead mentioned )

Now if u argue for the fact that the spirit of God was the breath of God in man - you would also mean that any man born has the Holy Spirit in him which would totally fault the promise of a comforter as promised us by Christ

The breath of God made man a living soul... Mans seat of consciousness came alive (Soul) Every soul comes with a spirit ... They are not non exclusive ... It is the spirit that interfaces the unseen realm while the Soul acts as an interface or ligament that connects the body of a man and his spirit... Whatever you feed the soul affects the body and the spirit.. That is why there is a strong contention for the soul of a man.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Shutupthere:
1. The Spirit of God is the Holy Ghost otherwise referred to as the spirit of the living God. Acts 1:8 ( This settles what the spirit of God is - also read Gen 1 He was the first personality of the Godhead mentioned )

2. Now if u argue for the fact that the spirit of God was the breath of God in man - you would also mean that any man born has the Holy Spirit in him which would totally fault the promise of a comforter as promised us by Christ

3. The breath of God made man a living soul... Mans seat of consciousness came alive (Soul) Every soul comes with a spirit ... They are not non exclusive ... It is the spirit that interfaces the unseen realm while the Soul acts as an interface or ligament that connects the body of a man and his spirit... Whatever you feed the soul affects the body and the spirit.. That is why there is a strong contention for the soul of a man.
1. The Spirit of Truth aka the Spirit of God - John 14 vs 25 - 27 & John 16 bs 4 - 15 - is NOT the same Spirit referred to in Genesis 6 vs 1 - 4, the spirit who is God's breath of Life also referenced in Genesis 2 vs 6-7 & Genesis 1 vs 30 & Genesis 6 vs 17. These are completely different spirits. undecided

2. This is obviously wrong given what is revealed in #1 above. undecided

3. Every living creature has the same spirit of God - The breath of life - powering/animating them all. And as revealed, that breath(spirit) is only for an allotted time after which, it returns to God and the man/animal perishes afterward. Man cannot lay claim to the breath of life in him the same way plants and animals cannot lay claim to the breath of life in them. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. The Spirit of Truth aka the Spirit of God - John 14 vs 25 - 27 & John 16 bs 4 - 15 - is NOT the same Spirit referred to in Genesis 6 vs 1 - 4, the spirit who is God's breath of Life also referenced in Genesis 2 vs 6-7 & Genesis 1 vs 30 & Genesis 6 vs 17. These are completely different spirits. undecided

2. This is obviously wrong given what is revealed in #1 above. undecided

3. Every living creature has the same spirit of God - The breath of life - powering/animating them all. And as revealed, that breath(spirit) is only for an allotted time after which, it returns to God and the man/animal perishes afterward. Man cannot lay claim to the breath of life in him the same way plants and animals cannot lay claim to the breath of life in them. undecided

If you refer to the breath of God as a Spirit entity I won’t argue coz in retrospect anything that comes from God is a force that is powered by spirit entities ( I could be wrong ) just using logic here. But back to the matter in question the breath of life powered the man to be alive and aware .....That life force once taken from man, he dies and the spirit goes down to wait for eternal judgement. When Jesus died He went down to be judged as expected by spiritual law but then He being God conquered death and over powered the enemy by the reason of His innocent blood being shed. Once man dies , it’s not the end of him (that was the premise of our discussion)... it is the body that dies and goes to dust not the main content (spirit) . Man never ceases to exist wether he knew the gospel of Christ or not ... There are different ways to judge man by eternal laws wether the man heard of Christ or not ...
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

No..you have never..

You worship jesus, who I keep telling you was invented by the Romans..

See, why I said you are insane. We are talking about God but your insanity did not allow you to see this, so you had to change post to go to Jesus Christ.

I even saw something in Isaiah 2:1- 5 and I wondered what your insane mind will say about this for Jesus Christ, without doubt fulfilled this prophecy.

For He taught on the mountain, taught us The Way, Judged the nations and rebuked many people and His Followers (Christians) do not carry swords nor learn the skill of murdering (War).
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
Shutupthere:
1. If you refer to the breath of God as a Spirit entity I won’t argue coz in retrospect anything that comes from God is a force that is powered by spirit entities ( I could be wrong ) just using logic here. But back to the matter in question the breath of life powered the man to be alive and aware .....That life force once taken from man, he dies and the spirit goes down to wait for eternal judgement.

2. When Jesus died He went down to be judged as expected by spiritual law but then He being God conquered death and over powered the enemy by the reason of His innocent blood being shed. Once man dies , it’s not the end of him (that was the premise of our discussion)... it is the body that dies and goes to dust not the main content (spirit) . Man never ceases to exist wether he knew the gospel of Christ or not ... There are different ways to judge man by eternal laws wether the man heard of Christ or not ...
Let's not jump the gun here as we have yet to clearly understand God's very own Word in this from the beginning of even man. undecided

1. Again, according to Genesis, God formed man(mind, body, and soul), in his completeness, from the clay(no spiritual element to clay) of the earth. And then God breathed the breath of life into man's(mind, body, and soul) nose. undecided
6 So water[a] came up from the earth and spread over the ground.
7 Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and made a man. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nose, and the man became a living thing. - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7
We confirm that indeed the very same Spirit God installed in plants and animals alike when He, God, created them. undecided
21 And all flesh died that moved on the earth, birds, livestock, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm on the earth, and all mankind.
22 Everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died.
23 He blotted out every living thing that was on the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens. They were blotted out from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those who were with him in the ark. - Genesis 7 vs 21 - 23
According to God Himself, His Spirit, the breath of Life He installed in man -- will not go on forever with man meaning that once man's time on earth is over, that Spirit will return to God. undecided
1. When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in[a] man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”
4 The Nephilim[b] were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. - Genesis 6 vs 1 - 4
Now, God also confirmed in Genesis 3 that not only was man never created an eternal being from his beginning, but also that after death what awaited man was for him to perish in the grave... cease to exist .i.e. become dust again. undecided
19 You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.”
20 Adam named his wife Eve.[d] He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.
21 The Lord God used animal skins and made some clothes for the man and his wife. Then he put the clothes on them.
22 The Lord God said, “Look, the man has become like us—he knows about good and evil. And now the man might take the fruit from the tree of life. If the man eats that fruit, he will live forever.” - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22
So, how can a man who has already been judged and condemned by God to perish in the grave(cease to exist) go on then to wait for an eternal judgment when he has already been marked for erasure from existence by the same God? undecided

Do plants and animals continue to exist until eternity after they are dead? undecided

2. Where in the Gospels did Jesus Christ in fact tell you any of what you claim here? And when you say a man never ceases, are you suggesting then that God lied in His proclamations in Genesis?

According to Jesus Christ, only those men who believe in Him, and have eternal life as a result of their belief, will not perish. i.e. cease to exist in the grave - John 3 vs 16 - 21. So are you also insinuating that Jesus Christ also lied? undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See, why I said you are insane. We are talking about God but your insanity did not allow you to see this, so you had to change post to go to Jesus Christ.

I even saw something in Isaiah 2:1- 5 and I wondered what your insane mind will say about this for Jesus Christ, without doubt fulfilled this prophecy.

For He taught on the mountain, taught us The Way, Judged the nations and rebuked many people and His Followers (Christians) do not carry swords nor learn the skill of murdering (War).

Maybe you might want to start from chapter 1 , verse 1 of Isaiah, so you can understand what he is saying. I don't want to join issues with you.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

Maybe you might want to start from chapter 1 , verse 1 of Isaiah, so you can understand what he is saying. I don't want to join issues with you.

Isaiah 1 was very clear especially verse 2, "Give ear (listen) O earth". (Every one in the world).

So you see, you have nothing.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Isaiah 1 was very clear especially verse 2, "Give ear (listen) O earth". (Every one in the world).

So you see, you have nothing.

Why did you stop there
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

Why did you stop there

Simply because, Isaiah called on everyone in the world to listen. And I have listened.

So if you think that there is something that I should see there, the burden is in you to point it out.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Simply because, Isaiah called on everyone in the world to listen. And I have listened.

So if you think that there is something that I should see there, the burden is in you to point it out.

Ok.
In chapter 1 Isaiah gave you his area of concentration..even the second vers, you quoted is even put of context..

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

Ok.
In chapter 1 Isaiah gave you his area of concentration..even the second vers, you quoted is even put of context..

That clearly is God presenting His Case to the world on how He had nurtured and created a Holy Nation out of this sinful world, yet this Holy Nation had fallen into the same sinfulness He hated even to the point of rejecting Him.

So, you have still said no thing!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by sonmvayina(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That clearly is God presenting His Case to the world on how He had nurtured and created a Holy Nation out of this sinful world, yet this Holy Nation had fallen into the same sinfulness He hated even to the point of rejecting Him.

So, you have still said no thing!

Noooo

It is God presenting Israel to the nation as a bad son..
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

Noooo

It is God presenting Israel to the nation as a bad son..

Do you not see your interpretation is mad (Isreal, a nation, presented to the nation)?

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by 12tribesww: 4:47pm On May 24, 2023
God never gave us Christianity or Islam, he simply gave the children of Israel Laws and Commandments...God is not a christian...Duet 4:5 and Duet 27:1. Moses spoke to the children of Israel that if they obeyed the commandments, all will be well with them but if the broke God's commandments, curses will come upon them and their children forever...Unfortunately, they broke God's laws and got the curses which is till date: For a better context read the curses of Duet 28:15-68 and see who it affects today....Definitely not the people in present day Israel.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by 12tribesww: 4:52pm On May 24, 2023
Follow: https://youtube.com/@iuicnigeria5198 to learn more about the truth in the bible and how it affects us today. Don't let your pastors fool you any more by telling you lies....THE LAWS OF GOD ARE STILL IN FULL EFFECT EXCEPT THE LAWS OF ANIMAL SACRIFICE.

https://instagram.com/iuic.nigeria?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:02pm On May 24, 2023
gameova:

Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?

What those colonial masters brought is not Christianity but politics mixed with paganism.

If you want to know true Christianity just pick up your copy of the Bible and read what Jesus taught remember not to allow the churches ideology mislead you.
An indian called Muhatma Gandhi did and he was surprised to know that Jesus and his first century disciples totally differs from what these countless religions with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines are saying!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2023
12tribesww:
Follow: https://youtube.com/@iuicnigeria5198 to learn more about the truth in the bible and how it affects us today. Don't let your pastors fool you any more by telling you lies....THE LAWS OF GOD ARE STILL IN FULL EFFECT EXCEPT THE LAWS OF ANIMAL SACRIFICE.

https://instagram.com/iuic.nigeria?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Can you quote any prophet sent to preach or teach the Mosaic laws to other nations apart from Jesus of Nazareth who said to his disciples:

“All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:18-20

Please let me know when the God of Abraham sent anyone to start preaching or teaching the constitution He gave Israelites to other nations.

Thanks! smiley
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by 12tribesww: 8:56am On May 30, 2023
For proper contest read Matthew 5:17. A lot of the times people think the term NATION in the bible means everyone. For one to understand what nation means in the bible you need to go back and read these verses

Deut: 28:64 and deut 4:27 (Basically saying Isreal would be scattered into all nations through slavery and bondage) hence Christ saying go into all nations. You can also read the accounts of Acts 2 to understand better. So if Christ is for everyone, then what does these verses mean?

matthew 15:24
Luke 1:68-71
Acts 13:23-24
Acts 3:31

MaxInDHouse:

Can you quote any prophet sent to preach or teach the Mosaic laws to other nations apart from Jesus of Nazareth who said to his disciples:

“All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:18-20

Please let me know when the God of Abraham sent anyone to start preaching or teaching the constitution He gave Israelites to other nations.

Thanks! smiley
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by 12tribesww: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
To understand 'the all nations' in that verse you must read precept upon precept, so the precept for the all nations is

1. Duet 4:27
2. Duet 28: 64
3. Ezekiel 20:23

Israel was scattered amongst all NATIONS of the earth even till date...because of the prophecy in Deuteronomy, hence the disciples going into all nations to speak to their people only. I understand where your question is coming from.

MaxInDHouse:

Thanks! smiley
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54am On Aug 11, 2023
12tribesww:

To understand 'the all nations' in that verse you must read precept upon precept, so the precept for the all nations is

1. Duet 4:27
2. Duet 28: 64
3. Ezekiel 20:23

Israel was scattered amongst all NATIONS of the earth even till date...because of the prophecy in Deuteronomy, hence the disciples going into all nations to speak to their people only. I understand where your question is coming from.

If that's the case then you need to know the meaning of that name "ISRAEL" Genesis 32:28

That name was given to a man who struggled with God and won, note that the struggling wasn't physical but spiritual in the sense that Jacob was pleading (begging) that angel for blessings so in actual fact he was praying to God while the angel representing God was with him! Hosea 12:4

So no matter the nation you may come from as long as you're the type who is a prisoner of conscience always seeking God's approval even though your ancestors worship other Gods the true God recognizes you as an Israelite {Romans 1:20} therefore when Jesus ordered his disciples to go in search for the lost sheep of the house of Israel {Matthew 10:6} he wasn't talking about natural Israelites rather it's people who are conscious of their spiritual needs {Matthew 5:3} such people just want to live a life that's pleasing to God and with that they earned the trust of their fellow men just as Jacob (an imperfect man) earned God's approval! Genesis 32:28 smiley
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by orisa37: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
YORUBAS KNOW "OLORUN ", THE OWNER OF ORUN(HEAVEN). FROM HIM WE COME AND TO HIM WE SHALL RETURN IF WE SUCCEED.
YORUBAS ALSO KNOW ESU, THE TASK MASTER OF "ORUN APADI", YORUBA MEANING FOR HELL.
YORUBA RELIGION THAT IS SIMILAR IN DETAILS, CHARACTERISTICS AND VALUES IS "ODU-DU-IWA".
ODUDUWA DROPPED FROM ORUN, HEAVEN AND HE IS OF THE NATURE OF CHRIST AND THE SON OF OLODUMARE, THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION AND GOD ALMIGHTY.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) / A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven. / Do You Know That The Bible Explains Why White People Love Their Dogs So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.