Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,180 members, 7,835,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26749 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Sapeleomi: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
blueAgent:

But Christianity is the only true religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/4746846/lets-find-out-true-religeon

-----(((((–-----(----(-----------(-((-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Well if you say so.. Christian beliefs and any religion beliefs are well intentioned... The critical point is that you do not need to be indoctrinated by a foreign and ancient beliefs to be a functional and upright person..
True religion is kindness, empathy and being a better person to the next person.. You cannot be cruel to a fellow human and worship and be loyal to a God or supernatural being that is imaginary..
People remember your character, how you treat them, and make them feel not who you worship...

3 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Oejozeff(m): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
Sorry guys to pop in, I'm just trying to promote my stuff.

Pls check out the animation I did recently, I'm a beginner undecided undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv1TG1wUzWE

Pls don't forget to comment on the post, you guys comment go help me improve on my stuff abeg
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Edc1: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
Yeah
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by DonroxyII: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
We were in Hell and We are Still Between Hell and Heaven..

Even Colonial Masters are still in Hell ...

Hell is Home of Vices and Everything You can Imagine Evils ..

Heaven is the Real Home Concieved for Humanities By God ... No Fight, No Competitions.. We all Complement One Another and Conquer the Universe.

Peacefulness is the Real Heaven
Conflict is the Beginning of Hell!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by saintol(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Those that died even before the introduction of the religion, where will they go? Abi Dem go stay in between ni.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Itiaba007: 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
Itiaba007:
Jesus died in another continent what concerns me in africa? Something dat happend so many thousand years ago has nothing to do with me dat was born in the 90's.
dats why his coming and death has nothing to do with me,i didnt kill him,his people killed him nd he didnt die for my sake
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Acidosis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
The colonial masters? I don't remember reading about the UK or the Queen in the Bible?

But yeah, the only thing the colonial masters did was to interpret and teach the Bible in the language that we understand. So to form "woke" or assume that you're not under the "bondage" of colonial masters is f0olishness of the highest order.

We all are, whether you're religious or not. Your language is not your own. The curriculum we were taught in school wasn't our idea. We all are under one bondage or the other.

Even the idea that God doesn't exist isn't ours. Atheism is not an African idea. It's a 21st century colonialism and a result of globalisation. We create nothing...but consume everything.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by kingPhidel(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
That’s why God is God. He has program each event and how it will unfold. Same way you can’t explain concept of sleep and wake up is the same way you can’t explain this your assertion.
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
God will decide that not mere human thoughts like yours for the Bible says it all in 1cor 3:11 that, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written; He catches the wise in their craftiness. So bring up such topic first of all is foolishness of the world because no man can answer you. But then God judges over the affairs of men.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
leofab:
but they wait for thousands of years until the colonist were able to build ships that can navigate to Africa.. God must be so patience.. meanwhile the devil has been in Africa all along didn’t wake for the European.. well I guess you know who is the master.
Exactly!
God requires man only to preach to man!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
GoodIsGod:

This is what many don't know. Including the Jehovah witnesses who claim they do researches.
Shalom Bro!
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
Krismas:
grin Africa started the concept of library. We had them in Fez and Timbuktu, long b4 the white man knew how to read and write. Wen they came, they stole everything from us, put a halt to every of own development for 500yrs. How den do likes of u say they brought us education?
We were Christians long b4 them. African countries are all over the Bible. From Cush to Libya, Ethiopia and Nubia. Queen Sheba died in Nigeria. How cud it have been Europeans who brought us Christianity wen they demselves are only just recent converts to Christianity? Say 500AD?

No need to argue with u , You are just confused.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by blueAgent(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
Sapeleomi:

-----(((((–-----(----(-----------(-((-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Well if you say so.. Christian beliefs and any religion beliefs are well intentioned... The critical point is that you do not need to be indoctrinated by a foreign and ancient beliefs to be a functional and upright person..
True religion is kindness, empathy and being a better person to the next person.. You cannot be cruel to a fellow human and worship and be loyal to a God or supernatural being that is imaginary..
People remember your character, how you treat them, and make them feel not who you worship...

That's not true without been told how would you know the truth?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by EvangelistChuks(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
There is what is called the law of conscience and conscience remember is the moral regulator in every man. So they were judged by this law.
[They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right Rom.2:13-15].

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Sapeleomi: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
kingPhidel:
That’s why God is God. He has program each event and how it will unfold. Same way you can’t explain concept of sleep and wake up is the same way you can’t explain this your assertion. God will decide that not mere human thoughts like yours for the Bible says it all in 1cor 3:11 that, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written; He catches the wise in their craftiness. So bring up such topic first of all is foolishness of the world because no man can answer you. But then God judges over the affairs of men.
-----)))))))))))))))))))))
I think the author asked a fair and reasonable question.. Is Christianity or any of the abrahamic faiths the only route to heaven or alternatively hell.? I think as we grow we must be prepared to face critical questions such as these..
The more Humans being advance in meeting their needs psychological, happiness, and social demand as human beings, you begin to ponder, who is more relevant to my existence a fellow human being or an imaginary supernatural being that may or may not exist?
There are no definite answers to many questions around, God, religion and supernatural existence but be prepared to deal with these investigation, questioning in future from people particularly the younger generation, who are knowledge driven..
It is part of our evolution and societal development.. People read the Bible but forget the historical influence of the roman empire, Greek philosophy and traditional practices and norms that contributed to that beliefs...
If jesus and St Paul was alive in 2022 taking account of modern inventions:science, technology and conflict resolutions mechanism would their beliefs and core teachings be the same as it was in ancient times?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Krismas(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
blueAgent:

No need to argue with u , You are just confused.
grin U colonial LICK-SPITTLE
Africans invented writing! It was hieroglyphs but today the whiteman has given it back to u as Emojis grin
Even the word is a stolen African word grin
I don’t care about the white man and all the lies he is cooking up as history. It is people like u dat bother me. Black men who taught me in schools that mango park discovered the root of the Niger. U are the real problem

2 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
EvangelistChuks:
There is what is called the law of conscience and conscience remember is the moral regulator in every man. So they were judged by this law.
[They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right Rom.2:13-15].
So now you make up your own laws in place of God's own Laws? undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Idamond: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
i am afraid you are wrong! undecided

Just as God's Law is eternal so also is His judgement. That decree was made by God to apply to all mankind and God never receded that ruling. So you have to show where the Almighty retracted His judgement in order for your claim to be considered right. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, only those who are born-again can enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - where Heaven and Hell are both abodes in - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 27 - and as a result, all those who will end up in Heaven and in Hell are all born-again believers in Jesus Christ. This is the ruling from over 2000 years ago by Jesus Christ, the King over Heaven and over Hell, in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
True but those who dead without hearing the gospel where is there destination?
Hope u would remember Ibrahim bosom? Before the coming of Christ..
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Idamond:

True but those who dead without hearing the gospel where is there destination?
Hope u would remember Ibrahim bosom? Before the coming of Christ..
According to the parable that Jesus Christ told, Abraham's bosom applies only to those who are of the Old Law of Moses - the descendants of Jacob and not to any other people. undecided

So it remains that the non- Israelites who die outside of Jesus Christ are judged according to God's judgement which condemns all unbelievers to perish in their graves - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by wale2020: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:

It will still had gotten to Nigeria. He makes way where there is no way.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Sapeleomi: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
blueAgent:

That's not true without been told how would you know the truth?
---–---((((((((((((((((((((((((
Well history tells us that religion beliefs including christiniaty were tools used by ancient people to find meaning to life, or their situation at the time..
If we go by the Jesus story.. He appeared like a social activists that questioned Judaism, the teachings of the Torah. He was a Jew and his reference was to the Torah and interpretation of Jewish teaching..
Jesus never wrote a single piece of his work, teachings or introduce Christianity before he was crucified..
The place jesus followers were first called Christians was in Antioch, in modern Turkey...
St Paul up to his conversion persecuted Christians and he was born in Tadsus modern Turkey..
The questions you have to ponder are: What's the main religion in modern Israel today? Is Jesus accepted as a prophet or messiah by the Jews?
Do the state of Israel or the Jewish nation recognise jesus as son of God, as proclaimed by Christians?
What is happening in modern Antioch and Tadsus, in Turkey, were christiniaty was spread in ancient times before the Islamic conquest? Are these people now bound for hell fire for adopting a new faith that is not true?
I think the point being made is that religions beliefs whether abrahamic faith spread by colonisation or Arab conquest or traditional beliefs are a tool to finding meaning to life...It is man's invention... It is your interpretation and how you apply it to your life and people that determine its relevance..
Claiming one religion beliefs or doctrine is true or superior than another comes from a mindset of dominance and imposition forced by Empire and colonial superiority.
If christinianity was not adopted by emperor Constantine and forcefully institutionalised in the Roman empire it will never have seen the light in Western Europe... Christiniaty was only spread predominantly in territories under Roman control or closed to Asian minor.. ..
So, Christianity despite its benefits cannot be claimed as the true religion..You are entitled to be passionate and champion your faiths.. These are the reasons why pagan, western Europe, separated Christianity from state politics following the era on enlightenment...
Please travel to Asian, Indian and Persian... People have their religions beliefs buddism Hinduism and are fully functional.....
Religion beliefs regardless of its origin helps shape your character and perhaps guide you but it is based on experiences, fabricated and real life encounters.. However, it is only a tool to self discovery and you still require further understanding of other areas of life to be functional...
No religion faith is absolute true, it is based on your interpretation...
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gogeekish(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
saintol:
Those that died even before the introduction of the religion, where will they go? Abi Dem go stay in between ni.
Aren't you aware that those in Old testament and those who where dead before your said time will make up the third generation that the devil will tempt for another 1000 years before his final condemnation?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No, we would all not go to Hell. Instead, scripture says that those who die as unbelievers will perish in the grave. God's Judgement for all unbelievers... all who do not believe in Him.. is as follows...... From dust, you(mind, body, and soul) were made and to dust, you(mind, body, and soul) shall return.... Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided
Dust relates to only the body. Not the Soul (mind) or the spirit of the man (life force)
Man is a tripartite being made up of Body, soul and spirit.
It is the body that actually dies, the man (spirit) never really dies

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Shutupthere:

Dust relates to only the body. Not the Soul (mind) or the spirit of the man (life force)
That assertion of yours makes no sense considering you are told in scripture that God formed man from the clay of this earth- Genesis 2 vs 6-7. Jesus Christ also confirmed me this in John 3 vs 5 - 8 when He said that the only birth man has known of from his mother's womb is a physical one. So are they both liars? . undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
That assertion of yours makes no sense considering you are told in scripture that God formed man from the clay of this earth- Genesis 2 vs 6-7. Jesus Christ also confirmed me this in John 3 vs 5 - 8 when He said that the only birth man has known of from his mother's womb is a physical one. So are they both liars? . undecided
It was only after the breath of God entered into man that he became a living soul. Read Gen 2:7 critically and I pray the Holy Spirit gives you understanding.
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Shutupthere:

It was only after the breath of God entered into man that he became a living soul. Read Gen 2:7 critically and I pray the Holy Spirit gives you understanding.
Your claim contradicts scripture which instead claims man was made whole before the breath of God was installed in him - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7. So did God and Jesus Christ lie to you? undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Shutupthere: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Your claim contradicts scripture which instead claims man was made whole before the breath of God was installed in him - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7. So did God and Jesus Christ lie to you? undecided
Yes the body of man was made ... if you would like to interpret the body as man literally . You are right to some extent but if the Spirit gives you understanding you will understand my earlier points. Are you saying a corpse can be referred to as man ? If that is the case then you are right in your own reasoning... But what makes man human is the soul and the spirit

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Shutupthere:

Yes the body of man was made ... if you would like to interpret the body as man literally . You are right to some extent but if the Spirit gives you understanding you will understand my earlier points. Are you saying a corpse can be referred to as man ? If that is the case then you are right in your own reasoning... But what makes man human is the soul and the spirit
Again, pay attention to what is written. Open your eyes. Man is more than his body. You are told that man(mind, body and soul) was created from the clay of this world- Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7. That is what is written as opposed to what you keep insisting on instead. undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Supermajor(m): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
Christianity already existed in Nigeria before the colonial masters invasion and most of them were even pirates... It was the missionaries that used the influence of the colonial masters to spread Christianity to other regions of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gnykelly(m): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:
So what is the essence of the death of Jesus?

Jesus never died
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by mezerite: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
gameova:

Those under the law of Moses will be judged according to the the law of Moses.

The people under the law of Christ will be judged under the law of Christ,

while the people under the law of conscience will be judged under the law of conscience.

all children and the childlike people will all make heaven, ( that is the people that has no law)
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
Supermajor:
Christianity already existed in Nigeria before the colonial masters invasion and most of them were even pirates... It was the missionaries that used the influence of the colonial masters to spread Christianity to other regions of Nigeria.
What is your source of this information?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Christianity is a religion like the others, as was/is our traditional religion. Truth is not solely of religion, it's in God's Will that is recognisable in nature. Our people had clear recognitions before Christianity, and it's only God Who has the right to judge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Do You Know That The Bible Explains Why White People Love Their Dogs So Much / A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven. / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.