Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! (6811 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2011
It must have sounded like a wonderful idea to somebody: a two-time national leader writing a newspaper column. Chief Obasanjo, whose sense of shopping must be worse than his sense of grammar, bought the proposal.

full story in the link below at the line acrross
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by olawalebabs(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
He's a good writer, i have read some of his books like "Not my will", "my command" "nzeogwu. hero or villain". he writes well though i may not be comfortable with his opinion but he write well.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by tpia5: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2011
He always finds something to keep himself busy.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by olawalebabs(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
to him there is never a dull moment
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Johndoe100(m): 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
Why not?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by okadaman2: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
He will soon be in a cage like his friend Hosni Mubarak.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by aletheia(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2011
newspump:

It must have sounded like a wonderful idea to somebody: a two-time national leader writing a newspaper column. Chief Obasanjo, whose sense of shopping must be worse than his sense of grammar, bought the proposal.

^
Really? And what exactly is wrong with that idea. It's seems this post is actuated by your dislike of the man. . .compounded by ignorance, rather than a clear enunciation of the merits and demerits of such an idea. Olusegun Obasanjo is actually a prolific writer.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_at_ep_srch?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books&field-author=Olusegun%20Obasanjo]List of his books on Amazon.com here[/url]
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Honeycity(f): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
okada_man:

He will soon be in a cage like his friend Hosni Mubarak.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by cpatra(f): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hope he doesn't get fired! Congrat on his new job.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by obowunmi(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
After looting and stealing all that you can, I'm sure someone like him will have nothing else to do with his life. From pastor to writer, useless man, why didn't you help the country when you were president maybe then ud have a real legacy --- blooody asss.swipp.e
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by philip0906(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
obowunmi:

After looting and stealing all that you can, I'm sure someone like him will have nothing else to do with his life. From pastor to writer, useless man, why didn't you help the country when you were president maybe then ud have a real legacy --- blooody asss.swipp.e
dont mind d confused block head. . .
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
this will definately make him live longer. wish me the best.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
Baba himself. no dulling smiley
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by russellino: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
I hope the column will have room for responses cos many ppl will flood his e-mail box with responses. But if it's still the same baba he won't give an inch for dissent to his ideas
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by md4real(m): 6:13am On Aug 14, 2011
Obasanjo writes or pay people to write for him? That guy is too dull to be creative joooor!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by juman(m): 6:20am On Aug 14, 2011
Where is the link? I can't see any thing on him there.

We are expecting his own side of story on BPE.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 14, 2011
i thought the man said he no dey read newspaper?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by udbyron1(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2011
obj_
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2011
Nothing wrong in a 2-time president writing column for a newspaper. Kofi Annan also writes a syndicated column for a group of global newspapers, including Nigeria's Businessday.

And whoever says Obasanjo doesn't have a 'sense of grammar' doesnt know anything. You can accuse Obasanjo with anything but not bad grammar. He may not speak foone or queen's English, but you can hard fault his grammar.  Writing is even easier. And with a man that has seen it all as Obj, he will always have something to write on.

My only problem is if this is not a contradiction of his statement, in 2007 or so, that he doesnt read Naija newspapers.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2011
juman:

Where is the link? I can't see any thing on him there.

We are expecting his own side of story on BPE.

Jimoh Ibrahim is his new employer and the tabloid is only two months old.
Link [url=http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,978.new/boardseen.html#new]http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,978.new/boardseen.html#new[/url]
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by juman(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2011
drpanaba:

Jimoh Ibrahim is his new employer and the tabloid is only two months old.
Link [url=http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,978.new/boardseen.html#new]http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,978.new/boardseen.html#new[/url]

Ok bros. Thanks.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by pleep(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2011
i fuggin hate this guy.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by slap1(m): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2011
That man writes better and is more versed than most of these 'columnists' you see all over the place. For me, it would really be an honour and a pleasure to read him; hope I do.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by apoti(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2011
aletheia:

^
Really? And what exactly is wrong with that idea. It's seems this post is actuated by your dislike of the man. . .compounded by ignorance, rather than a clear enunciation of the merits and demerits of such an idea. Olusegun Obasanjo is actually a prolific writer.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_at_ep_srch?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books&field-author=Olusegun%20Obasanjo]List of his books on Amazon.com here[/url]

This guy has 42 books on amazon, you might hate him or like him, but you can't take the fact that he is a prolific writer from him. I'm sure he'll do a good job
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Myself2(m): 8:02am On Aug 14, 2011
newspump:

@ OP you must be an ignorant boy to have described the former presiden those words,have you ever read any of his books or his "Global connection" column in the "Saturday Mirror",I suggest you do yourself a favour by reading any of his write-ups first,that way you wont look like an ignoramous next time you want to comment on OBJ's writing skills;which I dare say is wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of those of most of the regular newspaper columnnists and brown envelope journalists
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by SEFAGO(m): 8:12am On Aug 14, 2011
Why I like Obasanjo is because the guy no dey dull sha, always find soemthing to do all the time
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Senatorkolade: 8:16am On Aug 14, 2011
I have no problem with OBJ becoming a columnist but I dont expect him to write on Nigerian papers. If you can remember,this is a man that openly said that he doesn't read Nigerian papers.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by jaytime(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2011
Any body can be a columnist. So no big deal.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by 1025: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2011
with his writing, what will he promote? pdp and backwardness. nigerians will not be fooled if in his books, he will preach what he does not practice.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by tEsLim(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2011
That guy should be in HAGUE for war crimes and genocide of the Odi village
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Gbenge77(m): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2011
Senatorkolade:

I have no problem with OBJ becoming a columnist but I dont expect him to write on Nigerian papers. If you can remember,this is a man that openly said that he doesn't read Nigerian papers.
yeah,he made that comment sometime ago
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2011
jaytime:

Any body can be a columnist. So no big deal.

i agreeno big deal in becoming a columnist, but disagree anybody can.
To be a columnist in a national newspaper, apart from having good writing skills, you must be versed in both current affairs and history, as well as wide read, else your column will be shallow and amateurish. when you write a sentence, you have to be sure of your fact because millions of people will be reading it. If you're a young journalist, like under40, you have to do a lot of research on 100 years history. without all thse, you column will just come across as shallow.

this is why a person like obasanjo,not only an ancyclopedia of history but also a seen-it-all part of Nigeria's history, participant in many historical events like independence, biafra war, and military politicsfrom 60s to date, will make a good columnist if he can articulate his message well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Story About Bode Thomas Death True? / INEC’s Performance In 2019 Presidential Election, Shambolic – SDP / Osinbajo To Inaugurate FRSC Training School In Delta On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.