Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You (26962 Views)

Olumuyiwa Adejobi, Mohammed Aminu, Others Promoted By Police Service Commission / IGP Confirms Appointment Of CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi As 25th Indigenous Force PRO / Police PRO, CP Frank Mba Proceeds To NIPSS, Hands Over To Deputy, CSP Olumuyiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by highchief1: 6:06am On Sep 19, 2022
November1857:
Force PRO To Nigerians: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman In Uniform Slaps You

https://dailytrust.com/if-policeman-in-uniform-slaps-civilian-person-has-no-right-to-respond-force-ppro
if u slap me ur hand go begin rotten na.wetin concern me it’s ur wife that will turn to a widow
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by reservd(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2022
Tell your officers not to slap civilians, that's the right thing to do, by the way how will one proof to have been slapped by an officer while reporting?

2 Likes

Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Vikynas: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2022
Until the uniformed man slaps an unknown gunman or Boko Haram agent

1 Like

Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Collins005(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2022
November1857:
Force PRO To Nigerians: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman In Uniform Slaps You

ppl uvbbh uu
Are u now giving the police the right to start slaping Nigerians as they like?
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Invest4growth: 6:19am On Sep 19, 2022
It is disrespect for me to slap a policeman in uniform but lawful for a secondary school graduated policeman to slap me in suit. Haba fear God. I hope this man knows things have changed globally. Who cares about the dirty uniform. These days, you slap me we die there. No matter the consequences. Why don't you train your officers to desist from slapping people. If not for social media, so many police overzealousness would have been thrown under the carpet. Consequent on these rude behaviours, Nigerians are advised to document their wills asap. You slap us we die there. We are getting there gradually. Police should reform itself. Beside the uniform, the same blood runs in our veins

1 Like

Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Idadurun: 6:20am On Sep 19, 2022
What is police?

The purpose of their existence has been defeated. The community vigilante and other volunteer security bodies demonstrate more values and now earn more respect than the police. The police is known for human rights abuses, and all forms of criminalities including widespread corruption. Whenever disgrunted policemen are being molested by ordinary Nigerians, it gives police some forms of sensibility.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by SouthSouth1914: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2022
The police do not have any right to slap anyone in the first instance! The law in Nigeria is a joke, it’s people especially the ones in public offices are jokers!
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by IfnobeGod20: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2022
Police PRO Adejobi, you're wrong. There is no law that empower any officer to assault or slap a civilian or anyone for that matter. You must know this universal law, for every action, there must be a reaction. You can not say because you wear a uniform and be tempted to start assaulting people about. It is an act of irresponsibility. An officer should be able to control his emotion and not allow it to override him. Slapping a suspect is not and can never be part of procedure for making arrest. So if any officer is tempted to slap anyone for that matter, the receiver is at liberty to react in proportionate manner. I am sure he will shutdown that message because I know people and the learned will correct his error, that comment only encourages those that wish to do such in the future.
He must also know that everyone has right to self defence. It is allow in law to proportionate defend yourself in case of an attack on your person, property or family. His message should have been more to correct his overzealous police officers, that they need to control their emotions and not be rule by it. I say it again, no known law permit police officer to slap a suspect on the cause of making arrest. Even the minimum force proscribed for an arrest does not include slapping. Slapping is tantamount to assault to a person reputation and uniform wore does not exonerate you from it.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by CheapHomes1: 6:33am On Sep 19, 2022
November1857:

https://dailytrust.com/if-policeman-in-uniform-slaps-civilian-person-has-no-right-to-respond-force-ppro

According to this man, a civilian slapping a policeman is disrespectful. So I guess a policeman slapping a civilian is respectful
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by CheapHomes1: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

Nigerians will be forming James Bond with Police and other sisters agency but not with Army or Armed Robbers.

Also, it is when Armed Robbers begin to disturb them, that's when they would always realize that Police are necessary for any neighborhood.

Is it lawful for a policeman to slap a civilian?
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Brushstrokes20: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2022
Nonsense! undecided if any animal in human skin unjustifiably attempts that rubbish with me, he go receive! undecided undecided
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Adakintroy: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2022
Orient the police not to act out of character. Everyone has a right to defend themselves against aggression of any sought from any sought.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Hayaoga1(m): 6:41am On Sep 19, 2022
[quote author=November1857 post=116787311]Force PRO To Nigerians: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman In Uniform Slaps You

[/quote
It not right to even slap anyone, but he slaps me I won't slap back but I will revenge on a good day..
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Tonytonex(m): 6:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

Nigerians will be forming James Bond with Police and other sisters agency but not with Army or Armed Robbers.

Also, it is when Armed Robbers begin to disturb them, that's when they would always realize that Police are necessary for any neighborhood.
And why will the police be forming james bond with civilians but not with the same Army or Armed Robbers?
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Commanderinpips: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

So what is the difference between Nigeria police and armed robber?.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Godistruth: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2022
If I slap a police man, it would be seen as an act of disrespect to Nigeria, if a police man slap me it should also be seen as an act disrespect to Nigeria because I am a Nigerian with no lesser right than even the president. The question now lies who slapped who first. Definitely the inciting party should be punished greater. We are all Nigerians you can’t go around slapping fellow tax payers like yourself all in the name of uniform. If they react its cause and effect period.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Ykc2(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

the other day police was beating someone with machet so the person should keep begging till the police cut his head?maybe your family member na police
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Iambro(m): 6:54am On Sep 19, 2022
VKN23:
So we should keep quiet towards assualt
He said report or do you have issue comprehending simple sentences?
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by kingthreat(m): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2022
You have no right to tell someone how to react when you physically assault him/her
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Minjim: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

Also, it is when Armed Robbers begin to disturb them, that's when they would always realize that Police are necessary for any neighbourhood.

Needless to say we are defenceless against a murderous cop
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by backtovillage: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

Who still dey call police
Nigerians now rely on private guards
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Safyqueen: 7:05am On Sep 19, 2022
NaMe4:
No sense in this talk

In a Country where poorly trained and criminally-minded and even fake police officers abound, the right to self-defense cannot be taken away.

They should be more concerned about the increasing number of 'officers' flouting orders and instructions from the IG by the minute, checking phones, extorting commuters and setting up illegal checkpoints. He's here telling citizens to be sitting ducks in the hands of criminal elements in the force.

Which sane policeman goes about slapping people?
It's even the police who should exhibit high level of training and restraint in the face of provocation.

Is like you don't understand him. If a policeman slap you, you kick his ass with something bigger so that he will realise his mistake from hospital bed. Simple.

All Nigerians are aware that any policeman slapping a citizen is an armed robber.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by Realguyman1(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2022
Londonderry:

We shall remain a shithole because I assure you that such police man will not be punished in any serious way, he will be "rebuked" and released to do more. There should be a special independent mechanism to try police offenders who molest civilians, else slapping will be the trigger for the next end sars
If u even go to their office to report any of their officer, u go see them go dey play u up and down, just to make sure they cover up for that officer.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by wisdomkid: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2022
Urheadmaster:

That because both police men and citizens greatest fears is armed robbers tongue
And tinubu is one of the armed robbers

Tinubu receiving gbas gbos from a very unrelated topic grin grin grin grin
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by danot1030: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2022
November1857:

OP I know you are a Vanda. At any time a police in uniform slap you, beat blue, black and red. I will try to visit you once in 3 months in the prison to supply you bread and akara.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by mfm04622: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2022
VKN23:
So we should keep quiet towards assualt

Report, don't take laws into your own hands
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by kingyakos: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Police has no right to slap any citizen of her country, if he does that he has take law into his hand.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by ThothHermes: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2022
Owopariola001:

That's the right thing.

What are you saying? Nigerians roast armed robbers.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2022
This Yoruba Muslims again? Why do this people enjoy injustices?

Why Di they enjoy intimidating people? Cowing people to submission.

So Police has the right to assault citizens and citizens should only boil eggs for them to eat and do more slapping?

Slapping a citizen is not part of rules of engagement of police at all so i wonder where that man got that permission from. Violent change is inevitable in Nigeria.
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by kingyakos: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2022
November1857:

Come slap me if i no tear that Satan called uniform for ur body
Re: Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You by 2elliot: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2022
mfm04622:

Report, don't take laws into your own hands
At what point can you apply self defence? One slap? Two, three or four?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Governor Sullivan Chime In Enugu / 2023: PDP Will Handle Wike When His Candidate Is Unveiled, Says Tambuwal / Anyone Saying Chibok Girls Will Return Is Lying – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.