Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,152 members, 7,864,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches (412 Views)

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by Ken4Christ: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2022
Over the years, I keep hearing ministers and Church leaders counseling new converts to find a Bible believing church to attend. I have an issue with that.

We have not been called to believe the whole Bible. The Bible is divided into two major parts; the Old Testament and the New Testament.

The Old Testament contains the law of Moses which has been abolished by Christ. So asking believers to attend a Bible believing church is also telling them to believe in the Law of Moses which is no longer tenable.

I rather prefer we tell them to attend a Christ believing church.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles laid the foundation for the New Testament church. And in many instances, it does not agree with the law of Moses.

For instance, the law says eye for eye and tooth for tooth but Jesus says that we should not revenge. The Apostles also taught that we should not render evil for evil.

Unfortunately, most ministers still don't know the dividing line between the Old and New Testament. So, they teach whatever they read in the Bible.

The Old Testament still has wealth of knowledge we learn from. But any doctrine or statement in it that does not agree with the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles should be discarded.

So, look for a Christ Believing Church to attend and not a Bible Believing church.
Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by Nosayer: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
And from where did Christ established his messianic role? Where do we find his teachings? Where do we read about his allusions?

Oju odu merindinlogun or the Satanic verses?

Not every idea that sounds new is sensible. The Bible contains the word of God and without it, Christ couldn't have established his role nor teach his disciples.

Or you didn't read all those places where he said "have you not read?"..... He was referring to the scriptures there. He came to fulfill the law and not to condemn it.

1 Like

Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by Ken4Christ: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nosayer:
And from where did Christ established his messianic role? Where do we find his teachings? Where do we read about his allusions?

Oju odu merindinlogun or the Satanic verses?

Not every idea that sounds new is sensible. The Bible contains the word of God and without it, Christ couldn't have established his role nor teach his disciples.

Or you didn't read all those places where he said "have you not read?"..... He was referring to the scriptures there. He came to fulfill the law and not to condemn it.

He came to end the Law and usher in grace. And he has done just that.
Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by SeraphEl: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2022
NOW I know for sure that YOU are influenced by the demons- if I ever doubted!!!

Now wonder why your pet theologies that you spew out lack biblical support!

What you are proposing is pure doctrines of demon!

The ENTIRE scripture from Genesis to Revelation is YHVH’s word.

Yeshua did NOT abolish the Old covenant law BUT fulfilled it! HE said so HIMSELF in Matt 5:17.

The law of the Old Testament is still valid today and will forever more. Psalm 119:44.

Judgement awaits you if you do not repent.

Ken4Christ:
Over the years, I keep hearing ministers and Church leaders counseling new converts to find a Bible believing church to attend. I have an issue with that.

We have not been called to believe the whole Bible. The Bible is divided into two major parts; the Old Testament and the New Testament.

The Old Testament contains the law of Moses which has been abolished by Christ. So asking believers to attend a Bible believing church is also telling them to believe in the Law of Moses which is no longer tenable.

I rather prefer we tell them to attend a Christ believing church.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles laid the foundation for the New Testament church. And in many instances, it does not agree with the law of Moses.

For instance, the law says eye for eye and tooth for tooth but Jesus says that we should not revenge. The Apostles also taught that we should not render evil for evil.

Unfortunately, most ministers still don't know the dividing line between the Old and New Testament. So, they teach whatever they read in the Bible.

The Old Testament still has wealth of knowledge we learn from. But any doctrine or statement in it that does not agree with the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles should be discarded.

So, look for a Christ Believing Church to attend and not a Bible Believing church.
Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2022
Funny misinformed churchgoers!

All religions will claim they're Bible believing, all will claim they're Jesus believing but Jesus himself said "by their FRUITS" {Matthew 7 16-18} what you ought to find out is the fruit expected of a true Christian group.
Faithless people hate hearing that God has a unique group or organization yet you want to segregate groups and you still don't want to agree that God doesn't accept more than one group.

You will all continue arguing among yourselves over doctrines but you say accepting Jesus is a personal matter at the same time talking about Bible believing or Christ believing churches.

So which of the churches have ever agreed with you that they don't believe in Jesus and Bible? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by VenumX: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Funny misinformed churchgoers!

All religions will claim they're Bible believing, all will claim they're Jesus believing but Jesus himself said "by their FRUITS" {Matthew 7 16-18} what you ought to find out is the fruit expected of a true Christian group.
Faithless people hate hearing that God has a unique group or organization yet you want to segregate groups and you still don't want to agree that God doesn't accept more than one group.

You will all continue arguing among yourselves over doctrines but you say accepting Jesus is a personal matter at the same time talking about Bible believing or Christ believing churches.

So which of the churches have ever agreed with you that they don't believe in Jesus and Bible? cheesy

But the sect you ran to hide pedophiles and you are a muslim. By their fruits indeed. grin

Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by Ken4Christ: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
SeraphEl:

Yeshua did NOT abolish the Old covenant law BUT fulfilled it! HE said so HIMSELF in Matt 5:17.

The law of the Old Testament is still valid today and will forever more. Psalm 119:44.

I don't blame you. What most ministeries are doing today is entertainment. They just preach and teach what people want to hear. In addition, they spend more time prophesying. No indept teaching of God's word.

Even most individuals don't study God's word for themselves. They read the Bible like newspaper.

I will take my time and explain in details what I mean if you are willing to learn.
Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
VenumX:

But the sect you ran to hide pedophiles and you are a muslim. By their fruits indeed. grin
When they're disciplined by God's organization you will start demonizing God's organization for doing what God's word says.
Which one you dey gangan? smiley

1 Like

Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by VenumX: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When they're disciplined by God's organization you will stary demonizing God's organization for doing what God's word says.
Which one you dey gangan? smiley

A hide out for pedophiles? grin

Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
SeraphEl:

If you are promised something, and the promise is fulfilled, do you still live in the expectation of the promise? Jesus fulfilled the Law. Why should we still be living by the Law?
Re: The Error In Advising Believers To Attend Bible Believing Churches by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Sep 20, 2022
These doctrines and Christianity sha!

They just need to hide the old testament as everything they are afraid of from their God is there!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Bathing His Female Members Naked In The Church, Video / See, Atheist Girls Do Not Even Want Atheist Men! / Open Heavens 16 November 2022 By Pastor E. A. ADEBOYE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.