Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? (10673 Views)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ikorodureporta: 4:01am On Apr 24, 2022
When preachers tell their new converts to start going to a bible-believing church....what do they mean??

Can anyone tell us the churches that are not bible-believing?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 5:29am On Apr 24, 2022
Good question.

Are the churches we have really bible believing churches?

Do they live by what they find in the bible or they formulate their own?

Do they celebrate Christmas, Easter, new year when their master Jesus didn't do the same or the bible didn't ask them to?

Do they join politics when Jesus who was most powerful didn't join politics?

Do they worship idols in the form of Mary and Jesus when Jesus or his disciples or the bible didn't do anything like that?

Do they remove God's name from the bible and replace it with Lord and God?

Do they push for tithes when God and the bible no longer mandates tithe giving?

Do you commit all form of sin and continue the next day as the church pastor?

Can Jesus actually say this the church I started?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Kiddo01(m): 6:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by RoyalBlu(f): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2022
Personally, I believe a Bible believing church should tick these four pointers;

√ The Bible being preached as it it is faithfully, continuously
√ Jesus being the center of worship in the church
√ Fellowship and Discipleship
√ Evangelism.

*It's a given that a lot of churches these days are cebtres where members go to feel cool and fed motivational speeches by their 'pastors', hence the heads-up.

Shalom smiley

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by chiommy123(f): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2022
I think some preachers say it so people don't say they want them to start coming to their church btw I think it's not the right thing to say cos every church believe they are bible believing church

23 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by AntiChristian: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Most churches do no believe in the Bible.

They just do anything for the crowd to troop in.

The more the row
The more the dough!

13 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

When preachers tell their new converts to start going to a bible-believing church....what do they mean??

It's a demonic expression but only spirit filled Bible students can discern such speeches!

First of all the way those people rise up in buses, market places and street corners and start making noise is antichristian.
What do i mean?
The man who commissioned preaching and teaching is called "Jesus of Nazareth" he commanded his disciples to go and meet people in their homes or anywhere they can have a one on one conversation with their listeners! Matthew 10:11-13
We need to really understand Jesus before we can work for/with him.
He doesn't want us to disturb anyone with noise perhaps the person is thinking something in his mind and is not in the mood for talks or trying to figure out something so he needs a calm and quiet environment but he can't find such a place, so Jesus wants us to greet him then ask for permission to speak! Matthew 12:19
In that way we have shown respect for our neighbour. That's why Jesus asked us to visit them at home because if they're lovers of God they will like to talk about God! Malachi 3:16

But since most people claiming Christians today are misinformed Churchgoers they just want to say what they're taught in their various worship centers and they don't respect their neighbours so they just start talking, of course they know it's not proper that's why they try to catch the attention of Churchgoers like them by starting with songs common among Churchgoers and once some in the audience join in the chorus they feel they've gotten enough support to spew their gibberish.

Now why is it that they're saying "Bible believing church" instead of telling their listeners to come and become disciples who will also preach and teach for Jesus?

They know there's no arrangement in their places of worship for what they're doing in the buses or on the streets so they will end up telling you to go and choose the religion you think is OK.
Jesus established preaching and teaching for his disciples in pairs {Luke 10:1} so that when the person loves your message you can return to establish a free home Bible study with your friend, it's after he/she has become convinced that he/she will become eager to know the source of this great wisdom. Then is the time to invite them to the gathering where you're also learning {Hebrews 10:24-25} to become active disciples of Christ not just Churchgoers! 2Timothy 3:16-17 smiley

15 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by tctrills: 7:44am On Apr 24, 2022
RoyalBlu:
Personally, I believe a Bible believing church should tick these four pointers;

√ The Bible being preached as it it is faithfully, continuously
√ Jesus being the center of worship in the church
√ Fellowship and Discipleship
√ Evangelism.

*It's a given that a lot of churches these days are cebtres where members go to feel cool and fed motivational speeches by their 'pastors', hence the heads-up.

Shalom smiley
100 percent of churches claim all these that you have written. Asking someone to go to any bible believing church is like sending someone on an errand without a map.
The phrase means little or nothing. Every church quotes from the bible yet they all have different doctrines. Lets stop asking people to go to any bible believing church rather, lets learn to identify the true church of God.

7 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by tctrills: 7:45am On Apr 24, 2022
chiommy123:
I think some preachers say it so people don't say they want them to start coming to their church btw I think it's not the right thing to say cos every church believe they are bible believing church
The preacher should be bold enough to invite the person to his church.

3 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by RoyalBlu(f): 7:53am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:

100 percent of churches claim all these that you have written. Asking someone to go to any bible believing church is like sending someone on an errand without a map.
The phrase means little or nothing. Every church quotes from the bible yet they all have different doctrines. Lets stop asking people to go to any bible believing church rather, lets learn to identify the true church of God.

Sure, most churches claim to be... But are they really doing what the Bible instructs on all fronts?

I also think using that phrase is inconsequential. A true church of God is known by its fruits.

7 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by tctrills: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2022
RoyalBlu:

Sure, most churches claim to be... But are they really doing what the Bible instructs on all fronts?

I also think using that phrase is inconsequential. A true church of God is known by its fruits.

That is why you don't tell some one you just preached to go to a bible believing church. You need to give the person more details if not, you are causing a big problem.
The Question we should be asking is what are the fruits of the Church of God?

3 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by SWATMan: 8:17am On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

They simply mean tithe enforcing churchpreneurs.

3 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Apr 24, 2022
SWATMan:

They simply mean tithe enforcing churchpreneurs.

Haba!
It's not all of them that are enforcing tithes o! undecided

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by SPTruth: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2022
Not every church gathering is a "true church". A true church can be likened to the new Jerusalem. There are some churches that are epitomes of babylon, even the little salvation that you are managing they will snatch it from you and replace it with greed, worldliness and lust. A Bible-believing Church is one that places the Word of God above every other thing(history, tradition, trend etc). The best I have seen so far in Nigeria are RCN, Koinonia, Fortress Ministry, Lord of Hosts Harvests, Fire Nation . The ones I will rate second best are MFM, Deeper Life, Redeem, Living Faith(I rated them second best because I can't vouch for all their doctrines 100%). However, there are many other Bible-believing churches, many are small and not popular. A Bible-believing Church can really help you grow in your Faith, prayers and Word-Life. If you are in need of one, take it to God in prayers to direct you to one. God bless you.

8 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by FatherOfJesus: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

It's an oxymoron that doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by FatherOfJesus: 9:01am On Apr 24, 2022
SPTruth:
Not every church gathering is a "true church". A true church can be likened to the new Jerusalem. There are some churches that are epitomes of babylon, even the little salvation that you are managing they will snatch it from you and replace it with greed, worldliness and lust. A Bible-believing Church is one that places the Word of God above every other thing(history, tradition, trend etc). The best I have seen so far in Nigeria are RCN, Koinonia, . The ones I will rate second best are MFM, Deeper Life, Redeem, Living Faith(I rated them second best because I can't vouch for all their doctrines 100%). However, there are many other Bible-believing churches, many are small and not popular. A Bible-believing Church can really help you grow in your Faith, prayers and Word-Life. If you are in need of one, take it to God in prayers to direct you to one. God bless you.
this is specifically your opinion. It doesn't mean it's true.

All churches believe in the Bible, but you only listed those you think believe in the Bible the way you feel it's right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by SPTruth: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
this is specifically your opinion. It doesn't mean it's true.

All churches believe in the Bible, but you only listed those you think believe in the Bible the way you feel it's right
It is one thing to believe in the Bible and another to believe in the Spirit that inspired the Bible. The Bible is a Lock, it can only be truly studied and understood with the right key the HOLY SPIRIT. Any other key you are using will lead to wrong interpretation. Even prostitutes, homosexuals, muslims, traditionalists twist the Bible to their favor, claiming it supports their views. Many churches out there only claim to believe in the Bible. But when you show them in plain white and black that what they are doing is unscriptural, they will refuse to repent and still hold true with their "church traditions ". Because their words are far from what is in their hearts. Many Churches don't take the Word of God as Supreme. Same way, Jesus said, If you love Me, obey me, yet many of us keep shouting, I love Jesus and moving from one sexual partner to the other.

3 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Righteousness2(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2022
Not Everyone who claims to be a Christian is a Christian indeed.
Not Everyone that says LORD ! LORD! Will go to Heaven.
Not Every Church is a Church. Devil also has his churches.
A Bible Believing Church is a Church that Preaches the Bible,
Belives the Bible( not just in Mouth)
Lives the Bible
Stands Boldly for what the Bible says.

2 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by nauto: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
You must not attend my Church.

Indirectly encouraging you to join their church

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
EXAMPLE OF NON-BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH undecided

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Geemax(f): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
Ah
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by WibusJaga: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022

Many Babalawos & Native doctors have now repackaged as pastors &prophets. You can only discern genuine MOGs if their teachings &actions are based on the Bible.

4 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
This foolish statement was started by people leaving the Catholic Church. Mostly by pastorprenures who milk their sheep to the bones.

Unfortunately for this simple minded fools, the current bible was compiled by the Catholic church in AD 382. They put the books they wanted and kept aside the ones they didn't want. It's the same books your criminal pastors are using to steal your money

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by chukwuibuipob: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
cool where they teach u undiluted words/u feel God presence. Unlike somewhere u go sleep, look at round thing/clapping bum,press phone
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Juell(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
A church teaches strictly from the Bible
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by kingemaker(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Don't go to a church where some or most of their activities/rituals aren't biblical. I.e man made
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChizzyBuna(m): 10:56am On Apr 24, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Salvation Ministries’ World’s Largest Church Auditorium Reaches Roofing Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.