Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Anyone Here In Suriname? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Here In Suriname? (4247 Views)

Job In Suriname / Good Day House.please Any Nigeria In Suriname Country / Flight To Suriname Or How To Fly To Suriname Without Transit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
Iamajala:

Wow ok thanks bro. That means one have to get both Cuba visa and Suriname Visa
yeah
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
gimakon2:
I wonder wetin you find go there. If Na transit, ehen e make sense. Rather than Suriname, go Barbados or one of these US territories. Hunger way day Suriname no be here.
lol which hunger dey Suriname. Have you been here before?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by gimakon2(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
GlobTrotter:
lol which hunger dey Suriname. Have you been here before?

How did I get to Guyana then?
My school was green heart Medical University, Georgetown, Guyana

How did I get to Guyana?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Sweetvie: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2022
GlobTrotter:
be right back to answer this

Suriname is a quiet town, very nice and serene and very clean. That's talking about Paramaribo. They have lots of Chinese. Indonesians and blacks here. Also some whites. Then they also have a mixed breed that I don't understand lol.

For the food, They have more Chinese food than local surinamese restaurants .the population is not much, but it's a country where things work. I will post some pictures latter in the day.

This is my personal opinion from my two day experience in Paramaribo, Suriname grin grin
Wow! Sounds cool
Yeah, I noticed there's alot of black there
I would love to visit cheesy
Post pictures let see how it look
And the food? How does it taste? If it's Chinese it should be cool. The local dish?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Sweetvie: 7:58am On Sep 21, 2022
gimakon2:

How did I get to Guyana then?
My school was green heart Medical University, Georgetown, Guyana

How did I get to Guyana?
How is Guyana like sef?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Hedgefunds: 5:45am On Oct 04, 2022
GlobTrotter:
I entered Turkish airlines to Cuba, from Cuba to Suriname.

But you have to get Cuba visa. Suriname visa is easy, but ready to defend yourself at the airport

Hi, sent you a Dm.
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by soyenuga: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
You are better off going to PTY, no visa needed there if you are just transitting.
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by roqrules04(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Nigerians Dey travel sha
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by kindness111: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=GlobTrotter post=116820971]Hello guys, just arrived in Suriname, Paramaribo. Any Nairalander here in Paramaribo or have passed through/lived here before? I have some urgent question.

[b]NB: For those who want to Japa out of Naija to other destinations through Suriname, I would not advise that though. Their visa is quite easy to get, but immigration is very very tough. They only allow about 10% of Africans in. So don't waste your money if you don't have genuine reasons ok. Be warned so you don't waste your

@glob, Please can you guide on how you route your ticket to Suriname ��. Ijeleemporiumnigltd@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=kindness111 post=118015698][/quote] it's very tricky now. I went through cuba. But some guys that tried coming through that route were deported and quite unceremoniously
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
soyenuga:
You are better off going to PTY, no visa needed there if you are just transitting.
you will most likely be deported. I don't advise it at all.
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by kindness111: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
GlobTrotter:
it's very tricky now. I went through cuba. But some guys that tried coming through that route were deported and quite unceremoniously

Pls what was the reason for their deportation? am actually trying to get visa to Suriname but don't know how to route my tickets without transit visa.
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by aieromon(m): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Limassol:
Few, if any, economists use population density to measure a country's wealth. Rather, the standard tool of measurement is the GNI/GDP per capita, by that, Suriname is richer than South Africa let alone a laggard like Nigeria ($15k against $5k, for your info). The reality is some Nigerians have no idea that some of these countries they look down upon are actually better (in almost every aspect) than home.

World Bank data says otherwise.

Can you quote the source of this information?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by cameroncucumber(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
williams2600:

Lol u and this places

Nigeria tire me but e no reach like this
Lol, you know nothing bro, research and watch YouTube videos. Guyana is the fastest growing economy in the world, their economy is diversified & oil was just discovered there(meaning more money for a country with less than a million population). They'll be toe-ing the Norwegian model of investing the money they earn through oil export into a sovereign wealth account. Better days ahead for Guyanese
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by soyenuga: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2022
GlobTrotter:
you will most likely be deported. I don't advise it at all.

You are correct. I would like to correct my earlier post. Only transit through PTY if all your tickets are on the same PNR. You cannot have one ticket to panama and a separate one to another country. Personally got denied. But get to Colombia. It was stress free getting to there. Visa is done online.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
soyenuga:

You are correct. I would like to correct my earlier post. Only transit through PTY if all your tickets are on the same PNR. You cannot have one ticket to panama and a separate one to another country. Personally got denied. But get to Colombia. It was stress free getting to there. Visa is done online.
sorry to hear that bro. Copa airlines can be very crazy. How did you get the Colombia visa?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Hedgefunds: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Morgan9:

I have a friend in Paramaribo.
He travelled to Suriname since 2009.
He is married with kids
He is also doing well for him self.

The country is good compared to south Africa and Algeria.

I plan relocating in joining him there soon

Hi, is your friend still there??
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by gaby(m): 1:53am On Jan 02, 2023
Wonderful...

Suriname of all countries in the world?

I pity una well well.

That one wey dey quote data for up there just dey make me laugh.
Ekpa and him mates even talk say Surinam fine and better pass Nigeria. What a fallacy.
Una wehdone.

The money wey you want waste to go Suriname, if you carry am enter your village start farm you go know wetin you go get upon harvest.

Make you try enter Jamaica from Suriname too as una dey find where to travel go.

Suriname people like my ex wife wey by mistake enter Nigeria refuse to comot go dey read this thread now dey laugh. She's here on NL...lol

Ma pang pang

No by mistake tell Suriname person that word make dem no blast your head or forget knife for your belle oh

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Morgan9(m): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2023
Hedgefunds:

Hi, is your friend still there??

Yes
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Hedgefunds: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Morgan9:

Yes

Sent you a dm
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Dwanna2020: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pls send your contact bro.I need your assistance
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by onatisi(m): 11:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
why would anyone think of spending hard-earned millions to travel to Suriname of all places ??
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Ashirioluwa: 5:05am On Jan 13, 2023
Sweetvie:
How is Guyana like sef?

I was there few years back with a Guyanese friend. Guyana is a third world country. It’s not a place to go to hustle. No job, most of them are waiting for there family members to send them money and barrels from abroad especially from USA.

I am not here to discourage anyone, but pointing out what I saw when I was there. Also, don’t rely on this my post to make your decision because my experience there not enough to know much about the country. I was there for about 2 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Hedgefunds: 6:04am On Jan 13, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

I was there few years back with a Guyanese friend. Guyana is a third world country. It’s not a place to go to hustle. No job, most of them are waiting for there family members to send them money and barrels from abroad especially from USA.

I am not here to discourage anyone, but pointing out what I saw when I was there. Also, don’t rely on this my post to make your decision because my experience there not enough to know much about the country. I was there for about 2 weeks.

How did you get the visa , it thought no embassy in Nigeria?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Sweetvie: 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Hmm
I wasn't thinking of living there... I thought maybe it's a good country to visit. Experience their culture, music, language, dance and food
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Ashirioluwa: 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hedgefunds:

How did you get the visa , it thought no embassy in Nigeria?

Because they don't have an embassy in Nigeria doesn't mean you can't travel there. You can apply and submit your application to their embassy in SA.

High Commission of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana
Pretoria, South Africa

https://www.guyana-hc-south-africa.co.za/tourist-business-and-student-visas/
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Ashirioluwa: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
Sweetvie:
Hmm
I wasn't thinking of living there... I thought maybe it's a good country to visit. Experience their culture, music, language, dance and food

Nigerians are living there too. The official language is English but, the majority of the population speaks Guyanese Creole
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Sweetvie: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Nigerians are living there too. The official language is English but, the majority of the population speaks Guyanese Creole
That's good
How's their culture like?
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by GlobTrotter: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
Sweetvie:
That's good
How's their culture like?
Guyana is a nice country but I don't recommend it for anyone thinking of where to relocate to. It's like Naija. Even Naija is better in some way. But for holiday, transit, fine
Re: Anyone Here In Suriname? by Sweetvie: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
GlobTrotter:
Guyana is a nice country but I don't recommend it for anyone thinking of where to relocate to. It's like Naija. Even Naija is better in some way. But for holiday, transit, fine
Lol... Ok, thanks 🤗

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Do My Msc In Norway Or Here In Nigeria / Mother Of Boy Who Flies Arik Air Plane On Tyre From Benin To Lagos Speaks / Send Goods & Foodstuffs To Your Family & Friends Abroad From Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.