Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi (37333 Views)

2023: Lawan, Kalu Visit Katsina Ahead Of APC Presidential Primaries (Photos) / Kwankwaso Gives Out Shekarau’s Daughter In Kano / Crowd Welcome Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom With Brooms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by blackgold2018(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Brainwashed retar@ded ZERO IQ Peter Obi tuary Zombidient monkey.
fish brain
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by samfrancis1(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
This is pure corruption...

I am beginning to believe that this INEC top officials are working for Tinubu....

But if they try to change the figures and refuse to announce Peter Obi as the winner....The endsars protest will be a child's play....
Imagine talks.. you haven’t even cast you vote.. you feel your vote is enough to make them announce him.. we’ve almost if not over 300million people in the nation.. and almost or over 100 million have voters card and are going to decide… not what you say here on Nairaland will make Obi win…
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Ofunaofu: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2022
ityP:

Well, you people will help him win. Will Tinubu inherit all of Buhari's northern votes? No. But that's where Obi comes in. For all the votes Tinubu will lose in the north to Atiku, Obi will give us back by taking from Atiku's votes in the South grin. This is pure mathematics. Obi doesn't have the reach to win Presidential elections with a party like Labour cheesy. Plus, the hate Nigerians have for yeebos choke my brother. When elections begin, you go understand. When Tinubu wins, if na transformer you see, you fit hug am grin

First and foremost
There is no hate for the igbos, the hate you are talking about only exist in your imagination and the imagination of your likes
If the igbos are so hated as you described, why are they living harmoniously with their host every where they find themselves in any part of the country

Second, I agree with you that Obi will eat into Atiku's votes down south, note also that it will also affect Tinubu votes too especially states govern by APC

Third, there are no votes for Tinubu up north, it's all for Atiku
These now confines Tinubu to only the south west, and some selected states in the north central for example, Kwara, Kogi

The question now is, can Tinubu become president with votes from just the south west and some selected states from the north central, the answer is No

Lastly, Tinubu is the only presidential candidate in this election with so much baggage
His age, place of birth, place of origin, educational background and source of wealth are all questionable.
There is also the issue of Muslim Muslim ticket, which has practically sideline the Christians

The whole south is not his side, the whole north is not on his side as well.....Hmmmmmmm

At the bolded , It will be much more easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for Tinubu to win this election

1 Like

Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Banhammy717: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2022
Lawan wanted to be president and senator at the same time.
Asiwaju has told him to lick his wound.

Shekarau, a candidate of NNPP?.
That's a joke
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Codes151(m): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2022
Pacesetter123:

Speak in english,pls!!
lol.
Dumebi
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Beverlyjean(f): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2022
ityP:

Lmao. Try anyhow, soldiers go give una wotoporously. Except na una area una wan burn down. Then it is alright grin

Soldiers that pee in their pants when they see boko boys or UGM grin grin
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Indispensable85(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2022
fergie001:
INEC is wrong on Shekarau.... Sen Hanga is the NNPP Kano Central Senatorial Candidate.

They should challenge same in Court.

There are procedures to pull out of a race in accordance with the new electoral law. If Shekarau has not done that, there's nothing INEC can do about it. He wants to deliberately spoil that chance for the NNPP.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Indispensable85(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2022
Shekarau wants to be in PDP and retain his NNPP senatorial ticket. Madness!
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Wallade(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2022
fergie001:

You seem not to understand a few things here:

INEC allowances wrt time is to make up for placeholders and candidates who withdraw like in this case.

Hanga's affirmation during the re-conducted Primaries is below:
https://dailynigerian.com/nnpp-affirms-rufai-hanga/
(Held on Sept 9)...

INEC's query is not with Hanga's nomination but the fact that the time had elapsed and Shekarau cannot be replaced except by death.

But I earlier quoted 2 Sections, 31 and 32 to buttress my point.

Whilst INEC is saying based on their guidelines, the Supreme Court has said plenty times that whilst INEC has the power to issue guidelines and manual for the election, it cannot run contrary to the provisions of the Electoral Act itself. That is what I am telling you.

When Ezekwesili chose to withdraw in January 2019 for an election in February. INEC rejected same, see their reasons:

“The deadline for Ezekwesili or any candidate in that category to withdraw or be replaced has passed.”

Section 35 of the electoral act, which gives deadline from withdrawal from any election, states: “A candidate may withdraw his candidature by notice in writing signed by him and delivered by himself to the political party that nominated him for the election and the political party shall convey such withdrawal to the Commission not later than 45 days to the election.”

This Section 35 is now Section 31.

Pictures of the primary that producef Hanga on Sept 9:

@Fergie001, if you have a matter to discuss or to address with @gasparpisciotta, please do so without mentioning me. His or her views are not mine.

However, I want to ask you some questions, since you mentioned me:

Was INEC represented at the September 9, 2022 redone primary election that produced Hanga?

Why was INEC not there?

If you can answer those questions correctly then you will understand why INEC does not recognize Hanga but Shekarau as NNPP candidate.

NNPP had timeline to conduct primaries for all positions in line with INEC schedule. They did, INEC witnessed it and submitted Shekarau's name as their candidate. Only to turn around for whatever reason to conduct another primary election, without INEC observation and out of INEC schedule; on September 9, 2022, and represent Hanga as their candidate.

The only authority that can compel INEC to recognize Hanga in this case is the relevant court of law. NNPP and Hanga should approach the appropriate court; It is that simple.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by fergie001: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2022
Wallade:

@Fergie001, if you have a matter to discuss or to address with @gasparpisciotta, please do so without mentioning me. His or her views are not mine.

However, I want to ask you some questions, since you mentioned me:

Was INEC represented at the September 9, 2022 redone primary election that produced Hangs?

Why was INEC not there?

If you can answer those questions correctly then you will understand why INEC does not recognize Hanga but Shekarau as NNPP candidate.

This answered all the questions you asked when you mentioned me earlier. I don't need to re-type again.

Was INEC informed?
Find out here: https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2022/08/29/shekarau-defects-to-pdp-again/

Second, it is not a compulsion for a political party to force INEC to come for their Primaries. Your job is to inform INEC and INEC may or may not inform you of their presence.

And if you read very well, you will see where it is stated by the Courts that INEC's guidelines, timetable and manual cannot depose provisions of the Electoral Act itself. So avail yourself of Sections 31 & 32 of the EA 2022.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Wallade(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2022
fergie001:

This answered all the questions you asked when you mentioned me earlier. I don't need to re-type again.

Was INEC informed?
Find out here: https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2022/08/29/shekarau-defects-to-pdp-again/

Second, it is not a compulsion for a political party to force INEC to come for their Primaries. Your job is to inform INEC and INEC may or may not inform you of their presence.

And if you read very well, you will see where it is stated by the Courts that INEC's guidelines, timetable and manual cannot depose provisions of the Electoral Act itself. So avail yourself of Sections 31 & 32 of the EA 2022.

You are quoting Radio Nigeria as your proof that Shekarau officially informed INEC that he does not want to be the candidate of NNPP in the 2023 Election hence his person should be replaced

LOL! Do you understand English at all. Is Radio Nigeria a letter signed by Shekarau, submitted to his party (NNPP) and conveyed to INEC officially?

Yes, the political party can't force INEC to observe their primary election. However, INEC is also not under any obligation to recognize your candidate who is a product of an irregular primary election conducted out of schedule, timeline and guidelines of INEC.

You and NNPP took your shot and INEC took her shot too. You are left with the courts to prevail on INEC to recognize your irregular candidate, if the court is convinced, otherwise, Shekarau remains your candidate.

INEC is the umpire, administrator and organizer of Elections in Nigeria. In case of conflict between the INEC laws, guidelines and rules against the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the courts will determine which will stand. It is so simple, don't be confused.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by fergie001: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2022
Wallade:
Chai.....

Hahahaha..... Anaximander was right

So when you intend to defect, do you write to INEC or you write to your Political Party?

Let me wait!

Hmmmmm........
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Wallade(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2022
fergie001:

Chai.....

Hahahaha..... Anaximander was right

So when you intend to defect, do you write to INEC or you write to your Political Party?

Let me wait!

You are free to defect as a member of your party to another party anytime.

However, when you already participated in a primary election of your party, won the primary witnessed by INEC, your party submitted your name as their candidate, you are already recognized by INEC as a candidate of your party in an upcoming election.

It becomes mandatory for the candidate who suddenly wants to defect to another party to officially notify, in letter, the party that he intends to leave that he is no more with the party hence should no more be the candidate of the party in the Elections and copy INEC through the party that he has decided to leave. He can even go ahead to personally send a copy of his letter to INEC directly, for effective communication and documentation.

That is the sane way to decamp.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Ganbite: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
JASONjnr:
This is pure corruption...

I am beginning to believe that this INEC top officials are working for Tinubu....

But if they try to change the figures and refuse to announce Peter Obi as the winner....The endsars protest will be a child's play....

It will not only be a child's play but a toddler play
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Razy75g: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Rubber stamp fool
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by fergie001: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
Wallade:

You are free to defect as a member of your party to another party anytime.

However, when you already participated in a primary election of your party, won the primary witnessed by INEC, your party submitted your name as their candidate, you are already recognized by INEC as a candidate of your party in an upcoming election.

It becomes mandatory for the candidate who suddenly wants to defect to another party to officially notify, in letter, the party that he intends to leave that he is no more with the party hence should no more be the candidate of the party in the Elections and copy INEC through the party that he has decided to leave. He can even go ahead to personally send a copy of his letter to INEC directly, for effective communication and documentation.

That is the sane way to decamp.
Since you know this, so what has the back and forth been about?

Shekarau and NNPP did all this but INEC rejected same because from their time-table, the date for substitution had elapsed.

The bone of contention now is should INEC time-table depose or be above the Electoral Act?
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Wallade(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
fergie001:

Since you know this, so what has the back and forth been about?

Shekarau and NNPP did all this but INEC rejected same because from their time-table, the date for substitution had elapsed.

The bone of contention now is should INEC time-table depose or be above the Electoral Act?

Go to court for the opinion of the law on that, not our opinion.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by fergie001: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Wallade:

Go to court for the opinion of the law on that, not our opinion.
The purpose of opinions on NL is to be informed or I be informed. There are no prizes attached....
There are precedents to this.

The SC in Wike v Peterside, Shinkafi v Yari, Okereke v Umahi... The matter is already in Court, we just want to inform ourselves here.

Thanks for the very polite discussion so far.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by PDJT: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
Mummiesboy:
Mr Oxford well done sir. English has taken you to heaven already.

-Mr. "English is not our mother tongue" crew. grin
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by ninoha: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2022
VictorDivine:
I love this news sweet me. Tinubu should follow suit.
I say eeh
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by dontbothermuch: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2022
blackgold2018:
fish brains

Please just shut up, I have gone through most of your comments & they lack reasoning, intelligence & understanding on how you defend the person of Peter Obi. Come 2023, I will vote for Peter Obi, but people like you give the likes of Reno Omokri the reason to call Obi's supporters toxic. If you don't have the IQ to defend an argument, without spewing unnecessary insults, then just shut up. ATLIEN2027 was & is right when he said you have ZERO IQ.

Peter Obi 2023.
Re: 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi by Freezyhot(f): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
longetivity:
wetin this one dey yarn

��� i literally burst laff for here!! B calming down...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From APC Presidential Primaries In Lagos / Dele Momodu Reacts To President Buhari’s Victory At The Election Tribunal / Sowore's Wife, Opeyemi And Supporters Protest In US, Want Him Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.