Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea (18281 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Bolarge(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2007
And we have done it again.

Y'all get your butts off the seats n' stand up for the Champions!!! cool cool

[size=14pt]Nigeria Rocks!!![/size] cool cool
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by dejiavu(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2007
congratulations NIGERIA
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by fyneguy: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2007
Hmmm heard that our goalkipa- Ajiboye- was speaking in other tongues during the penalty shoot-out, who says God is not a Nigerian?
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Alabamaint(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2007
Am surprised dat my fellow nairalanders could be surprised dat we won d Under 17 World Cup in Korea, What do u expect when u combine Adua and Goodluck unlike Sanjo (Vengeance) and Atiku (Attacking). Bye bye to badluck bo!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Bosdem(f): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2007
We conquered the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by hayo(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2007
There have been at least 12 editions of the U-17 world cup and each time; we claim our players are over-aged which I agree to. But how many times have we won it? I think it is Nigerian to criticize everything. Jesus says in the scripture that he who is without sins should cast the first stone. There are many people who are throwing stones and not looking at their own lives. I have seen so many changing their ages to be able to sit for aptitude tests after school. Some reduce their age by up to 5-6 years to accomplish the age requirements and yet it is only football that we keep shouting about. I can also say that at least 90% of JAMB candidates in the last 10 years did Orijo. I am not supporting lying at age grade competition but let us be more objective and stop the hating. Check your neighbors, yourselves, siblings and relatives - then shout about 24 year olds playing U-17 football.
Just my take!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2007
One funny thing is that we will never accept the truth.

When Rooney started playing at the age of 16, many Nigerians said , no way he is not 16 years. He is over 16. But we seem to forget that nowadays living conditions are and nutrition has changed such that people grow faster. With faster growth comes a consequence which looking older than your age mates.

if anyone claims they are older than their age, then give us a concrete proof, not telling me to look at my neighbour.

It is just like using your hand to feel someone and say his body temperature is 35 C which is we know is not reliable. use a thermometer and we will say, we concur.

What is your reason for saying they are older? Looks? It can deceive you my friend.
As far I am concerned all the blabaring about over age are all hypothesis until a proof is given.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by sholsky: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2007
Good for our boys( are they really boys?) and Nigerians at large. But the question is , how long will those men keep playing for the super eagles coz i can say categorically that those men are already at the peak of their career going by their age.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by ozigbo(m): 11:59am On Sep 10, 2007
up naija,
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by fyneguy: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2007
well, I congratulate the golden eaglets for the enviable feat. Talking about their ages, well i know one of them thats 27 years old who lives around Iyana- Ipaja. He's even married with a kid - Miss Taibat 'sola.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by ritchboi: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2007
'mis talibat sola'
abeg make una no kil me wit laf!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2007
give the name of his child also,
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by bolseas(f): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2007
Kudos to Tella, !!!!!!!!!
Kudos to D boyz, !!!!!!!!!!!

round of applause and a standing ovation to
AJIBOYE the saviour of the Match. wink   kiss  kiss 

i am proud to be an African
and prouder as a Nigerian.  grin  grin  grin

GREATER NAIJA cheesy
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by fesse(f): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2007
up eaglets, up nigeria, up yaradua government. at least sign of good things in this present government.
up nairaland.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by CrazyMan(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2007
[size=18pt]Up Eaglets

Up Yemi Teller

Up Nigeria

Up NFA[/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by marlet01(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2007
The boys did so well, I must congratulate them so well.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by CrazyMan(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2007
'Three is a magic number' goes the old song and FIFA U-17 World Cup Korea 2007 winners Nigeria are unlikely to disagree. The tournament has now been held three times on Asian soil and, having scaled the heights at China 1985 and Japan 1993, the Africans will now leave the continent with their third global crown. No doubt less than enamoured with the number three, opponents Spain have now reached three finals and tasted defeat in every single one.

http://fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=591762.html#eaglets+rejoice+trick
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by happinesso(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2007
Great, Eagles can still fly again . I was quite hopefull that
Nigerian can still make it again. reason being that we have
a new leader who believes in the rule of law and as such
everything good will come to our country if he keeps
his words unlike OBJ.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by omena555(f): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2007
Nigeria too dey jo! i beg carry goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by happinesso(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2007
Come to think of it , Don,nt you guys
think OBJ was our problem and the
wicked winch behind our poor performance
all these years,
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by kpomkwem(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2007
About time we heard good news from Naija for a change!

Congrats O! Naija don do well well o! Dat's the kind of raw talent that Naija's known for!
Reminds me of the super eagles that won gold in the 1996 Olympics! That, to me, was Naija's best soccer team EVER! Do you think we can repeat that feat?
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
Praise the Lord!!!  Nigeria won the Under-17 world cup in South Korea!

I first of all thank the Lord for the children of God that worshipped Him in the spirit and in truth praying for victory, in church on the Lord's day.

I also thank the Lord for the football supporter's club with their incessant singing of praises to God  throughout the tournament.  I could lip-read Oladele Ajiboye mouthing the words "let the Spirit of the Lord come down" as he was about to save the last penalty-kick. wink

I must surely praise the Lord for the unity among the eaglets and team handlers, this unity was also reflected in all Nigerians in diaspora.

It is my prayer  that Nigerians would not cease to worship God after this celebration period and that they will allow the Lord Jesus to fill the God shaped hole in their hearts so that the kingdom of heaven will break-forth into their hearts and bring righteousness, peace and joy of the Holy Spirit that is not temporal but eternal.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by 9child(f): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS NIGERIA! i am so happy we won.

no one will believe this but i actually tot of d game ending in  a penalty shootout : Nigeria scoring d first three and spain loosing the first three. i  only dint mention it to anyone

dont u guys think i have some kind of supernatural tendencies? i only want to know so i can work on it
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by creamdream: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2007
People can talk crap? how you take know say ALL of them na overage, ?? wetin you know you go talk,the one wey you no know you go still talk, its not all the time, KANU,Oruma  to mention a few are still playing more than 10 years after 1993 under 17!! YOU JUST TALK BASED ON MERE SPECULATION, as if they are all 70 years already!! na wa o.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by skima(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
Up Nigeria!

This is our own medal for Yar' Adua,

more to come,
Obj has gone expect more gold,

Ghana 2008 na we get am

You will see that Falcons will go far this time around,

Nigeria shalll rise again.!!!!!1111 grin cheesy

I think we should change our super eagles to GOLDEN EAGLES cos Names sometimes work in ones favour!!

LOL

My own opinion!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by kpomkwem(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2007
Do you think Naija go win 2 golds next year - one for Ghana 2008 and one for Olympics?
I pray we do o!  cool
That go be Naija's greatest feat in years!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by skima(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
Its possible man!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2007
It is good to dream.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by skima(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
Dream it Achieve it!

do u think those guys havent dreamt of winning the gold?

am sure they did, thats why they got it!

Thought are things!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Bolarge(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
So u sayin d other teams didn't dream of winning either?
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by skima(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2007
Only a champion must emerge. ok?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Sergio Ramos Has Asked To Leave Real Madrid On A Free Transfer- Perez / Messi Has Second-Worst Conversion Rate Of Any Player In Europe’s Top Five League / One Dies As Chelsea, Barcelona Fans Argue On Better Club In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.