Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea (18314 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Mariory(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2007
Congrats Nigeria!

I don't give a shit what anyone says. Those boys are officially under 17 period. All these nonsense about over aged boys won't be a problem if we had lost to the "good" teams like some expected.

Nigeria = 2007 U-17 WORLD CHAMPIONS! grin
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2007
Anybody who is not happy should change his nationality or prove to us that they are overaged.

We are in the age of science. What is provable is what is true.

Give me a break.

They are all under 17. If you like accept if don't, go hit your head on the wall.

I am lamenting that I am not at home to enjoy the mood and someone is here suffering from verbal diarrhoea.

Give us a break please. Abegi. ha! Which one be this one? See me see gbese.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by jejelolatu(f): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2007
Have bin out catchin fun and celebrating naijas victory.now dat am back home,i cnt believe u guys were here al dis while,arguing over trivial matters like age.hey just asking o,aside frm d internet isnt there anywhere u guys could hv popped champaign,scream nd partied?nawa o! Congrats anyway.2 bad 2moro is a monday,wd hv probably partied al nite.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Mustay(m): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2007
faketan i concur
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2007
I throw way salute Mustay me brother.

Congrats oooooo
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by ochiaha1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2007
Congratulations !!!!!! Nigeria is the world under- 17 champion once again.Kudos to the boys who made this possible.

The only thing that remains is for us to translate these victories at the under-17 level to success at the under-21 level and then we are truly on our way to become world champions at the main world cup cool
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Rodent: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2007
Yep our under 30's have won the U-17 tournament,
Congratulations!!!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2007
Rodent:

Yep our under 30's have won the Under-17 tournament,
Congratulations!!!

You no see your name? Rodent, What do we know rodents for?
Rat. . . . trouble in the house, lassa fever
Grasscutter . . . .destroys crops, killed as bush meat

guinea pig. . . for lab work. . etc
Which one are you? I guess you will better chose to be grass cutter . . .although jugding from your uterances, your meat will be poisonous.

Could you please go sleep?
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Mustay(m): 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2007
this guy too is 77 abi grin grin

ok we all know hez [size=18pt]17[/size] shocked but how many people would blive that if he played 4 d eaglets?

Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by alchemist(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
WELL NAIJA PEOPLE GO BE NAIJA PEOPLE,NOT HERE WHEN IT WAS GOING ON AND ALL HERE AFTER THE WIN, WHO NO LIKE BETTER THING, SO LET BE JOYFUL AND THANK GOD FOR THE WIN oh jare grin
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by cuteNhot(f): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2007
extra time cool
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by lawyerchap(m): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2007
Congratulations Nigeria. There is definitely something about Asia and our U-17 campaigns. We've won all our under 17 titles in Asia. China in 1985, Japan in 1993 and now South Korea 2007. Let's enjoy the victory and pray for more of the same for the Falcons who begin their world cup campaign on the 10th of this month. Go Eaglets!!! Go falcons!!!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Mustay(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2007
they're arent as worse as the euros in marginalisation
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Uche2nna(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2007
Well it is good we have won the U-17 world cup. Congrats to the boys. If I am not wrong, this is our 3rd and all on asian soil.
However, it bothers me that winning these youth championships does not translate into the bigger picture--- which is the world cup.
I refuse to see these youth championship as an end in itself but rather a means to an end . If winning most of these youth tournaments does not translate into doing creditably well @ the world cup, then something is wrong somewhere. And it is @ this point that I man , purist and co's argument comes into relevance.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2007
Layer, I thought of that ealier on.

All in Asia.

Go naija go.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2007
The only thing that is wrong is that we do not manage the younsgters.

The only thing that is wrong is that you do have a selfless NFA

The only thing that is wrong is that we do not have the structure to deal with the adults when they have got the experience.

All the tournaments produce good players that play in Europe.

Somebody tell me . . . do you get to see all the good players from youth championship from other countries in their seniopr teams. . . no

Most of the time only one or 2 break into the national team.

it then depends on the handling.

Do you want to tell me that if the players from holland tourny were kept together that anyone will defeat them?

Grow up guys.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by cuteNhot(f): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2007
i am black. and i can look at another black person and have an idea of his/her age.
looking at the tele rite now some of those guys do look older than 17.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by dinozzo(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2007
Congrats to the boys, it was a very tight  game. The penalty was just perfect for us. We deserved to win. Lets just hope they keep these guys together.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by cuteNhot(f): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2007
hey!!!!! if that guy that scored the third penalty is 17
i will eat my shirt!!!!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2007
When I was 17, I was told that I looked older than my age. If we cheated, it was in the past. Remember we were disqulified sometime cos of fielding over age players and you want to tell me that we did not learn our lesson.

They all under 17. And if they are not prove it or deal with it.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2007
Abeg begin to eat ur shirt o
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Uche2nna(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2007
@ Faketan

All those issue U raised are all valid points. It is an inefficient NFA that gives rise to all those issues u raised , including fielding of over age players. And plis dont think I aint happy for those guys , be them 6 year olds or 28 year olds ( U can only tell urself the truth, nobody else will). It is just that while I am celebrating the victory, I cant help but ponder why we cant go further and win the world cup which to me is the enchilada.

If u look @ the pics of these guys and still insist that these guys r U-17's then it is all good. Ur eyes can only see as far as ur brains allows it too. So let me just say that it is subjective.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by lovemajek(f): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2007
congratulations to all naija,
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2007
hahahaha. . . they are all under-17 joo. Which one.

My friend udeme while in school choose to read about Plato alone instead of Plato and aristotle that they were thought. In the exams all questions came out from aristotle.

Do you know what he did, he wrote. . . Plato otherwise known as Aristotle as his heading. He then went ahead to write all he knew about Plato. . .

Do not ask me his result.

UC, lets rejoice first and later we will talk about that.

Meanwhile I hope they will give them good money.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Uche2nna(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2007
faketan:

When I was 17, I was told that I looked older than my age. If we cheated, it was in the past. Remember we were disqulified sometime because of fielding over age players and you want to tell me that we did not learn our lesson.

They all under 17. And if they are not prove it or deal with it.

Compared to what or who?
People always say so. It is a way of saying that kids grow so fast these days. No matter how much older people think u are than ur age, U still not older than ur peers. 9 out of ten times, U would tell the difference between an over grown, over fed 17 year old that looks a lil bit older and a 28 year old man who is claiming to be 17 years old!!!!!!
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Uche2nna(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2007
faketan:

hahahaha. . . they are all under-17 joo. Which one.

My friend udeme while in school choose to read about Plato alone instead of Plato and aristotle that they were thought. In the exams all questions came out from aristotle.

Do you know what he did, he wrote. . . Plato otherwise known as Aristotle as his heading. He then went ahead to write all he knew about Plato. . .

Do not ask me his result.

UC, lets rejoice first and later we will talk about that.

Meanwhile I hope they will give them good money.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, I cant help but feel proud that I am a Nigerian, irrespective of all the draw backs caused majorly by N[/b]o [b]F[/b]uture [b]A[/b]mbition ([b] NFA)
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by dasarge(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2007
NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
Please people lets try to appreciate what we have and our achievements. If we went with over-aged players this year that means we have been fielding over-aged players for the past 14 years and still did not win it. We now have a group of players that played a compact pattern of football, winning games even when they did not do well and we are criticizing. Ask yourselves did Togo, Ghana and Argentina or even those giants from Colombia not field over-aged players? I agree that people like AKINSOLA in that team were clearly over-aged but our players did well.
Please lets celebrate it cos even the super eagles have not made us proud in a very long time and now we are happy once again. We can now forget about that "DRAWING BOARD"  people always talk about whenever we lose matches.

Congrats naija people, lets continue to do our thing and those spoiling our name( Yahoo-yahoo lazy bones) we now have something to be proud about.

Ciao
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Mustay(m): 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2007
they 've insatiable apppetie

if them no win, them complain

na that them win, they cant even enjoy the day the won and argue 4 next year embarassed sad
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by faketan(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2007
na soooooooooo?

Obasanjo na bad luck. all the time he was there, we could not win anything despite the fact we did well in many tournaments. In holland, we reached final, in Trinidad and tobago we lost in the finals. . . so many more.
Thank God for Yar'adua.
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by Uche2nna(m): 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2007
Mustay:

they 've insatiable apppetie

if them no win, them complain

na that them win, they can't even enjoy the day the won and argue 4 next year embarassed sad
If I gat u rite, then You probably arguing for the fire brigade attitude that the NFA nay Nigeria is well known for. Dont worry about the rain until it starts falling  sad

Please, people should stop getting this discourse wrong. We are all happy that Nigeria won the You 17 tourney and I believe , if we go ahead to win SA 2010 then our happiness will be quadrupuled. To me that is the big picture. And if trying to get this picture, issues like these are raised then so be it. I would want to see the world cup come to Nigeria even if it means taking a set of real Under-17 boys to a tournament and losing out (just like the Arges, the brazilians , the Germans and the spaniards did in this tourney) and then coming back 6 ,7 or 8 years later to stake a serious claim for the world cup trophy (just like the Arges, the brazilians, the Germans and the spaniards will do).

And like I said, it all depends on how You see these youth games. An end or a means to an end?
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by hunter777(m): 12:21am On Sep 10, 2007
Re: Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea by na2day2(m): 12:24am On Sep 10, 2007
na wa for 9ja ppl ooooo, na obj dey play the match? if u talk say dem do give them needed support (financially and otherwise) i go say ok but this one u dey yan like say na baba iyabo dey play the match, i dey fear u oooooooo grin grin grin grin

faketan:

na soooooooooo?

Obasanjo na bad luck. all the time he was there, we could not win anything despite the fact we did well in many tournaments. In holland, we reached final, in Trinidad and tobago we lost in the finals. . . so many more.
Thank God for Yar'adua.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Nations Cup Final: Ghana Vs. Egypt [0 - 1] / One Dies As Chelsea, Barcelona Fans Argue On Better Club In Katsina / Hoodlums Attack Gbenga Adewusi After Shooting Stars’ Match Against MFM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.