Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building (12509 Views)

Wike Begs Amaechi: Join Hands With Us To Move Our Dear State Forward / Nairaland Like For Buhari Share For Atiku Let's Start Voting / Don’t Intimidate Atiku, Let Opposition Be, Group Cautions FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by AnonPoet: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
Early this morning, my attention was drawn to a news clip in which several very senior and influential members of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), addressed the press and, amongst other things, declared that they are withdrawing, forthwith, from the Presidential Campaign Council set up by our party to judiciously plan and prosecute the general elections set to hold in February and March 2023, on the one hand; and reiterated their earlier calls for the resignation or removal from office of the national chairman of our party, Senator Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, on the other hand.

The people that addressed the press must have their reasons for withdrawing from the Presidential Campaign Council, and I will not speculate as to what those reasons may be. Personally, I am quite surprised with this withdrawal because, as I have been informed by officials of our party, apart from the Rivers State chapter of the PDP, all the remaining states of the federation submitted names of people who they wanted included in the Presidential Campaign Council.

On the calls for the resignation or removal from office of our national chairman, however, I must reiterate what I have said severally in public and in private; the decision for Dr. Iyorchia Ayu to resign from office is personal to Dr. Ayu and, neither I nor anyone else can make that decision for him. As to the calls for the removal of Dr. Ayu from office, however, I will state that, as a committed democrat and firm believer in the rule of law and democratic tenets, and our party being one set up, organized and regulated by law and our constitution, it is my absolute belief that every thing that we do in our party must be done in accordance with, and conformity to, the law and our constitution. If Dr. Ayu is to be removed from office, it must be done in accordance with the laws that set out the basis for such removal. In any event, you will all recall that the very body that is empowered by law to initiate this removal from office, has already passed a vote of confidence in him.

Now, our nation is currently in the throes of a multidimensional crisis encompassing insecurity, economic meltdown, disunity and mutual mistrust and educational dislocations, to mention a few. I have a plan to address these issues and I have, graciously, been given the ticket to lead our great party in next year’s presidential elections, with the singular mandate to come and lead the efforts to cure these ills. It is in this light that I have reached out to every single member of our great party to join me in the massive undertaking required to reset the ship of state, and help rebuild our country. Every single person who loves this country, as I do, is needed for the arduous tasks that face us ahead as a nation, and this includes every member of the PDP. And it is my fervent hope and prayer that every man and woman of goodwill will join hands with us to help rebuild and reposition our beloved country. In this light, therefore, I will urge those members of our party that have stated their resolve to withdraw from the Presidential Campaign Council to have a rethink, retrace their steps, and join us in these efforts.

The above notwithstanding, and for the sake of our country, our children, and those yet unborn, we must not, for one minute, shirk in our responsibilities to rebuild this beloved country of ours.

Accordingly, we must forge on with the task and the mandate that we have been bestowed with. It is time, therefore, to move on with the formidable tasks of nation building ahead of us.

May God guide us all, and may God soothe our great party, and our dear country.

Atiku Abubakar (GCON)
Waziri Adamawa
Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party
https://leaders.ng/2022/09/21/let-us-join-hands-and-move-on-with-the-task-of-nation-building-atiku/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Opintiwa: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2022
Azza man

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
You're no different from that thief in bourdilon that called his thiefing self Tinubu

Both of you are thieves that shouldn't be allowed anywhere close to our national treasury

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by LuxInnovation1: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
HE KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT HAS REFUSED TO HANDLE IT.

THEY ALL HAD AN AGREEMENT

https://www.thecable.ng/ifeanyi-okowa-as-running-mate-who-betrayed-the-south/amp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by dmill: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2022
This long story news too dey vex me, op just give us the headlines and the special part of the news

For me to read this kind of news, he dey be like say i wan read for jamb

Op please incase of next tym huh biko

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku is talking grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Ever8090: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Which nation,?...the one you and the other rascals who call themselves politicians have destroyed and are not ready to let go?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by spearman(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
END NIGERIA TO SAVE LIVES

END THE DECEIT. WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by FalseProphet1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
I can't join hands with a thief cos he might end up stealing my hands and selling it off. I see Peter Obi winning next year's elections.

This I have seen.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Freelane33(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Who Dey join hands with dead body ? grin
Dead on arrival

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by sanpipita(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Go and join hands with your family, slimy character.

You remember constitution, where was constitution when you decided to contest against zoning agreement, you want to be president after another northern, will you allow this if it was a Southerner trying to succeed another Southerner?

You frustrated Jonathan so bad you didn't mind joining supporter of APC party called APC, you Atiku is a nauseating character, it will be a big mistake to have you as President

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Jestin: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lets join hands together and vote Obi in 2023 to move the Nation forward

24 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Maxymilliano(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
In this light, therefore, I will urge those members of our party that have stated their resolve to withdraw from the Presidential Campaign Council to have a rethink, retrace their steps, and join us in these efforts.
Atikulate my man .. Nigeria is waiting for your leadership

10 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Greenlight123: 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
stop speaking English Mr man what happened to 16b nepa money singing and dancing in private pockets

15 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Yankee101: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Make obi kuku win abeg

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Tochi3(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
See dis one... Mr pdp Dubai man.. after elections go and join Dubai and build their hands ... Nigerians are passing through shit in Dubai

Have you succeeded in joining PDP/Wike hands..?

You don't have the finesse to join the hands of Nigerians to move the Nation forward.. Build and join your PDP/Dubai first

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by zoedew: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku! You!! Your records when it was your call to privatise state owned outfits is shambolic and calculated to defraud Nigeria. You will do well to tell us the good it all brought to Nigeria. Your trajectory speaks volumes about what lies in store for anyone who chooses to join hands with you. The fellow soils his hands!!!

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by ogascomax: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Those five governors are on there own. They cannot influence anybody's vote normally. They are just over playing their influence and at this point PDP will take there chance with the election. South south is already going in the hands of LP, south East, South west APC, LP, PDP. Whether wike support PDP or not the result will not be significant because those who want to vote LP will still vote them. Same with the rest States that those governors are in charge of. PDP focus is about getting the majority of Northern votes because South is a great battle ground. Let watch and see who those governors will support. If the declare for Labour party the best choice but if they decide that it is APC then they will be in a bigger mess because they will be campaigning against them in all electoral positions. At the end it will be more difficult for those withdrawing. They will loss eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by GeneralPula: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku is the most confused politician in Nigeria now..

The PDP ticket with him belongs to the Igbos. How e take hijack ham nah hin be misery..

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by spy24(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku already showing strong hand even before he becomes president....

And I think he'll be in total control of his government like buhari too, okowa is another osinbande

The south will be the biggest losers if power returns to the north.... It is already showing that Atiku and northerners has little regard for the south.

If the ticket had gone to a southerner north will never relinquish the chairmanship and other top position to the South

11 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by tsephanyah(f): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku will win.... Even if he didn't, we still got a juicy Muslim Muslim ticket for the win. After 8 years of tinubu, if he didn't die, Atiku, kashim or another Muslim comes in.

Whatever it's, game over for christians. Imagine hating a Muslim Muslim ticket and fighting the one with a Christian and real Southerner grin.

They didn't understand politics before, they didn't now, and they'll not in the future.

ATIKU SHOULD IGNORE THEM AND NEVER GIVE THEM BACK PDP, IF THEY WANT THEY SHOULD GO TO LP OR FORM ANOTHER PARTY.

Novice politicians following an alcoholic blindly.

Ortom, makinde, the alcoholic and others believe their people will vote LP or APC grin
Even If they vote LP, LP will not win. If they vote APC bulala continues grin

HOWEVER *NORTH WILL REIGN SUPREME*

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Period007(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Atiku the betrayal

Just Forget about the southern votes.
A fulani man cannot take over from another fulani man,we have had enough of northern rule.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Antoeni(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Aso Rock is No Home For The Elderly And Sick , We Can’t Have a President Ruling From Hospital Ward in Dubai , Obasanjo Has said Everything Nigerians Need To Know About Atiku in His Book

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by blamingthedevil: 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
You're no different from that thief in bourdilon that called his thiefing self Tinubu

Both of you are thieves that shouldn't be allowed anywhere close to our national treasury

54 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by Felimax(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Let them go sir.

I really don't want to see Wike in the campaign train. He should go and campaign for Obi.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by christejames(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
Karma is paying you a visit sir
Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by afbstrategies: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
shocked
Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by chrisxxx(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
To me truly Atiku thinks he is dealing with kids. You won the presidential campaign and shared your position based on those who voted you. Ayu was one of those who supported you but did not know that the seat of the chairman was zoned to the north for south to produce the presidential candidate. Since you usurped the chance of the south to produce the presidential candidate, Ayu has to give up his position to balance the equation. This is natural justice and does not require vote of confidence. Remember that truth and morality are not always decided by simple majority. You can not have your cake and eat it. Would you want to be the president and Ayu the chairman of the party? Would you want to run an absolute power government with no check and balances? Atiku thinks he is dealing with kids down south. And for everyone down south who supports Atiku because it is Wike one day it will be your turn. Government is based on give and take, negotiation, diplomacy and dialogue.

14 Likes

Re: Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building by OduduaDefender(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
I thought it was a fake news that Wike and four other governors withdrew from Atiku's campaign council?
So it's real?
What does this portend for PDP and Atiku's chances?

Peter Obi all the way by the way.
I'm fully Obidient!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lisa Yaro Renovates IDP Camp School, Donates To School Of Deaf In Abuja / Jonathan Sacks Aisha Umar As Special Assistant On Social Development / Disturbing: Imam Accuses CAN Of Tarnishing Buhari’s Image, Brewing Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.