Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,063 members, 7,849,298 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:06 PM

IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members (11094 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Desusi: 2:38am On Sep 22, 2022
Insists for prepaid meter,not reduction in your Billings! Otherwise, you remained a slave for lifetime. Those paying using estimated Billings are paying "OWO OMO GO" Don't be stupid.

1 Like

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by dochenaj: 3:38am On Sep 22, 2022
Estimated billing is the latest kind of fraud by these DisCos.

EKDC increased our tariff from #28 to #52 just within this year and yet we spend less than 5k monthly. But prior to prepaid meter, last year they will be giving us bill of 12k monthly.

Now with more people getting the prepaid, they will soon default to erratic and fraudulent increments in tariff.

4 Likes

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Emman08: 3:53am On Sep 22, 2022
You can't tell me that from the thuggish behaviour of electricity staff, those guys don't still have NEPA mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:30am On Sep 22, 2022
Very wicked is dat estimated billing
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by nnamdi640: 4:52am On Sep 22, 2022
wpadmin:
Go get prepaid meter.

I was at NEPA office to complain about this same thing few months ago.

In my street, there are only five houses that do not have prepaid meter.

Most of the houses that have the prepaid pay someone to illegally bypass the metre so they end up paying nothing or a fraction of what they are supposed to pay.

At the end of the month, NEPA reads the metre on the transformer that serves the whole street and gives an estimated bill to those who do not have prepaid meter.

They assume that the other houses have prepaid and are paying so they don't bill them.

So automatically, the houses without prepaid pay the deficit.

This was what the NEPA official said.

We complained about it and NEPA removed almost 500k from my outstanding bill. They did this to encourage us get a prepaid meter.

The people protesting should force their landlords or lady's to get prepaid meter.
to get the meter is the main thing

1 Like

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Johnames: 5:14am On Sep 22, 2022
Equity15:
These IKEDC are thieves. I will never forget how they suffered me for like a year before i got my prepaid.

Those idiots had the mind to bring almost 30k bill every month for a mini flat. A house with just ceiling fan, bulb and personal gadgets like laptops and phones. Worst is i leave home very early and come back very late at night.

I weep for this country
how much did it cost you to get the meter?
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Scarcity234: 5:22am On Sep 22, 2022
stano2:
But you know, Phcn take years before delivering a prepaid meter
No, they don't. Except it's different in the West as it is here in the East. It didn't take time for mine to be delivered when I moved in to my new apartment here in the east.

Prepaid Meter is and will always be the best option. It give you control over your consumption rate and what to expect as the price... You also become aware of the amount you're paying for a unit.

3 Likes

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Smazlexander: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2022
Let's be frank with one another.....the area this thing happened is very close to mine and i have people stayin there what happened is not just about estimated billing but the nepa officials are cruel the area this issue happened a few weeks ago a fire engulfed that destroyed some properties and when nepa was cutting the light the alfa said something maybe it provoked the nepa guy who came down and slapped the man next thing he fainted and was rushed to the hospital police came but couldn't not arrest the alfa that day cause residents resisted so yesterday morning after morning prayer they came to arrest people....in a country with law and order i give up on this country justice system if you don't believe go to ladoje street that's where it all happened
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by BelovedofLord: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2022
Nwatachoba1:
This nepa wey disconnect our light today

Got back and was told

Nepa brought a bill of 230k for four tenants, we don pay remaining 1person,baba pay ur money na.. baba begging cap say all fingers are not equal, everytime na him language be that.. now cus of 57,500..nepa don disconnect light.. e dey pain me gan...

FRIEND GET A PREPAID METER AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND!

See my signature!!!
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:13am On Sep 22, 2022
If they are tenants it's wiser to relocate
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by shegz24(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2022
This thing is simple - Get a prepaid meter.

The DISco buy power from TCN and distribute to different transformers dependent on the tarriff the location is on.

Now from the KW distributed, those with prepaid pay before they can have KW.
Now from what is left to be accounted for, it is consumed by those without Prepaid meter.

Among those without prepaid meter, some have this old Analog meter that is read by the DISco officials to determine the amount of power that premise consumed and then they get billed based on what is read.

Now for the remaining power that can not be accounted for because those residences have no prepaid or postpaid (analog) meter ; they are given estimated bill.

Estimated bill is based on the previous 4 months bill.

The main cause of high bills are those ones that illegally "tap" power; they have no account with the DISco to start with. E.g welders.

By the time the DISco wants to account for the power consumed by the area and after deducting that consumed by PPM and postpaid analog meter owners; the cost of whatever is left is distributed among those with accounts but no meter.

To curb this, it is advised that residents get a PPM and those without it should report those who "tap" power illegally to the DISco ,if not, they will keep getting charged to pay for the "unaccountable" power loss.

Let's not forget that these DIScos are privately owned so they are in business to make profit.

1 Like

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2022
BelovedofLord:

FRIEND GET A PREPAID METER AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND!

See my signature!!!

Good morning sir

Waiting for nepa to deliver it as I've applied
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2022
Expose them.
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by stano2(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2022
Scarcity234:
No, they don't. Except it's different in the West as it is here in the East. It didn't take time for mine to be delivered when I moved in to my new apartment here in the east.

Prepaid Meter is and will always be the best option. It give you control over your consumption rate and what to expect as the price... You also become aware of the amount you're paying for a unit.

wow that’s nice. Mine took years, but it’s sharp to use. Been using for like 5yrs now
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by bestseyi: 8:06am On Sep 22, 2022
When you recruit a farmer to become an Electrical staff and what did you expect �
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by drealcivilceno(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

I have ordered for 1,me and my friend ordered separately.. been over 2months now,we never see or hear anything from nepa.. can't wait to get mine o.. all my appliances na energy saver, inverter fridge,ac etc.. e no go dey consume light and I dey barely stay home

They know their time is over so any thing you see for now is just for a while!

Don't worry, they will cause some crazyness, and keep tabs on dealers, hope you bought from the private guys not through NEPA?
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Richnero(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2022
drealcivilceno:

You would have used that money to buy prepaid meter!
how much is prepaid meter?
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Tonytonex(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/IKEDC-Lagos-residents-protest-estimated-billing-members-arrest
bunch of thieves. Give the people prepared meters. Fools.
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Tonytonex(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2022
shegz24:
This thing is simple - Get a prepaid meter.

The DISco buy power from TCN and distribute to different transformers dependent on the tarriff the location is on.

Now from the KW distributed, those with prepaid pay before they can have KW.
Now from what is left to be accounted for, it is consumed by those without Prepaid meter.

Among those without prepaid meter, some have this old Analog meter that is read by the DISco officials to determine the amount of power that premise consumed and then they get billed based on what is read.

Now for the remaining power that can not be accounted for because those residences have no prepaid or postpaid (analog) meter ; they are given estimated bill.

The main cause of high bills are those ones that illegally "tap" power; they have no account with the DISco to start with. E.g welders.

By the time the DISco wants to account for the power consumed by the area and after deducting that consumed by PPM and postpaid analog meter owners; the cost of whatever is left is distributed among those with accounts but no meter.

To curb this, it is advised that residents get a PPM and those without it should report those who "tap" power illegally to the DISco ,if not, they will keep getting charged to pay for the "unaccountable" power loss.

Let's not forget that these DIScos are privately owned so they are in business to make profit.
forget this thing. It's not always the case. What happened in a month where there's no enough power supply. Why won't they reduce the bills? But instead, they will bring the same amount of bills or higher.
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 22, 2022
drealcivilceno:

They know their time is over so any thing you see for now is just for a while!

Don't worry, they will cause some crazyness, and keep tabs on dealers, hope you bought from the private guys not through NEPA?

Through nepa o
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by drealcivilceno(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Through nepa o

You go wait small ooh....

But their nonsense is over!

2 Likes

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2022
drealcivilceno:

You go wait small ooh....

But their nonsense is over!

Wow

1 Like

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by drealcivilceno(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2022
Tonytonex:
forget this thing. It's not always the case. What happened in a month where there's no enough power supply. Why won't they reduce the bills? But instead, they will bring the same amount of bills or higher.

He just told you one case and he stating Facts, now coupled with the fact that it's a human that has commitments that is writing the readings...

Ok, he will want you to come and clear the bill because it on the high side (Although there is legal way of doing that but requires a lot of patience) and you would want to pay, so...

That is even the reason why at the beginning, PPM were hard to get and expensive when they started newly, before they gave it to private distributors.(You should know why getting 24hours electricity supply in this country will be....)

Hope you have your PPM Sha, If you don't better get one
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Ventura1: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2022
To avoid stories, get a prepaid meter.
Even at that, some users still tweak and bypass the meter. I know a house that still uses power when they run out of credit. Those on estimated billings will bear such brunt.

2 Likes

Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Tonytonex(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
drealcivilceno:

He just told you one case and he stating Facts, now coupled with the fact that it's a human that has commitments that is writing the readings...

Ok, he will want you to come and clear the bill because it on the high side (Although there is legal way of doing that but requires a lot of patience) and you would want to pay, so...

That is even the reason why at the beginning, PPM were hard to get and expensive when they started newly, before they gave it to private distributors.(You should know why getting 24hours electricity supply in this country will be....)

Hope you have your PPM Sha, If you don't better get one
your message is not clear. I don't understand the angle you are coming from. You are neither here nor there. But for the early kick off of PPM, in my area. I was among the installers. I remembered vividly, we were pleading with some people to accept PPM. And the price was 25k and 50k for single and 3 face respectively. When they (PHCN) discover that they were not getting much money, they make it difficult to access.
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Equity15(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
Johnames:
how much did it cost you to get the meter?
around 60k . Back door runs. Cause i applied directly for it for almost a year and they refused to give me.
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Johnames: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
[quote author=Equity15 post=116908332]around 60k . Back door runs. Cause i applied directly for it for almost a year and they refused to give me.[/quot] same thing here, i applied since last year, they keep on telling me stories, which area are you? Maybe if its my area, so that i can use link
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by ikorodureporta: 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
Nepa thieves..
In some densely populated areas they are freely imposing meters on them, while in my place Ikorodu where we rarely stay at home, they want us to buy the meter at exorbitant rates..

Carry bill wey reach 3months house rent dey give one person
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by shegz24(m): 12:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Tonytonex:

Did you read this part?
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by Panda7(m): 1:59am On Sep 23, 2022
lagos state the tax capital of nigeria and people would still quote statistics to defend her cause, again lagos state a state with no direction
Re: IKEDC: Lagos Residents Protest Estimated Billing, Arrest Of Comminity Members by BelovedofLord: 7:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Good morning sir
Waiting for nepa to deliver it as I've applied
APPLIED?
As in paid or how?
If you have paid, how did you effect the payment?
Let's discuss, please!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Needs $30bn To Execute 30 Capital Projects In Five Years / EFCC Probes Syndicate Fleecing Vips Over Buhari’s Cabinet / APC Governors In Late Night Meeting Over National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.