Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

"Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket (16618 Views)

Ado Doguwa Calls Toby Okechukwu ‘Messenger Of Doom' / North Central Insists On 2023 Presidency, Rejects Party Chairmanship Position / Don't Link Pantami To Yakowa's Death - Reverend Hayab, Ex-Governor's Aide Warns (2) (3) (4)

"Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Naijadaily: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
The Deputy Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Toby Okechukwu has distanced himself from the list published by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, which included his name as the Labour Party candidate.

DAILY Pilot reports that Okechukwu’s name featured as the LP’s candidate for Awgu/Oji-River/Aninri Federal Constituency.

He is listed as number 4 on the list released by the INEC on Tuesday.

However, in a statement he personally signed on Wednesday, the lawmaker, in what appears to be a U-turn, said he would no longer contest for any position in 2023.

He said he would rather remain in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The statement reads:

“My attention has been drawn to the list of candidates for the 2023 general election released by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on 20th September 2022 wherein my name was published as the Labour Party Candidate for Aninri/Awgu/Oji River Federal Constituency, Enugu State.

“I wish to state that I will not be contesting as the candidate of the Labour Party or any other party in the said election. I remain a member of the Peoples Democratic Party.

“Meanwhile, my position on this matter had since been conveyed to the National Chairman of the Labour Party in my letter dated 19th July 2022.

“I deeply appreciate and can never take for granted the overwhelming goodwill of my leaders, constituents and their wish for me to be on the ballot in the 2023 general election.

“I very much understand the pains my decision is bound to cause them. However, I believe and wish to reassure them that as a constituent, I will continue to do my best and be of utmost service to them in or out of public office.

“While thanking them for their immense support and love through the years, I am supremely confident that God will remain the ultimate compass in our affairs.”

https://www.dailypilot.ng/2023-serving-seast-lawmaker-rejects-labour-partys-ticket-to-contest-despite-name-publication-by-inec/

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
He's a member of PDP not Labour Party

INEC should always get there information right

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Confirm

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Corridon: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
He is unpopular.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Nyamuri: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lol! He doesn't want to come distant 3rd grin cheesy

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by DeLaRue: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why did he contest Labour Party primary if he wasn't sure he would stand in the proper election.

Now Labour will have no candidate for that constituency.

That's bad.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Ddokie: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
DeLaRue:
Why did he contest Labour Party primary if he wasn't sure he would stand in the proper election.

Now Labour will have no candidate for that constituency.

That's bad.

Because he was the stooge of the governor. That is exactly what they did across board. Luckily for Labor, they identified many of them before time. I guess this one slipped.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Abdul05: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
Any politician that tries to link himself to labour party at this time is doomed to failure grin grin

I mean All efforts Will be ended in failure grin grin

That is precisely why the man is voicing out his thought.... grin grin grin

Inec should do the needful abeg grin cheesy grin

179 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by LeoDeKing: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
So why is he scared of being associated with pandora hoebi?

He must have seen what ipob pigs can't see. grin

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by mycar: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
The thing is that there is an understanding between the candidates, to vote LP at the presidency and PDP at the national assembly level.

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by LeoDeKing: 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
He's a member of PDP not Labour Party

INEC should always get there information right
It is "their".

You need to take some times off social media and concentrate on improving on your written English.

It will do you more good than following Peter Obi up and down.

I can tell you with certainty, 95% of the reason Peter Obi graduated with 3rd class is poor and unrefined English.

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Realist12: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
The internal crisis in labour party is there tho they manage to keep it off the media , a lot of their members are just like ASUU members collecting salaries from FG and working with other institutions. They have no known core members . Anyone wonder why we are not hearing from their campaign committee?
Who remembers the campaign spoke person?
Those saying they are voting Obi not labour party are very naive .

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by 22o62021: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ok noted
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Abfinest007(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
See this hypocrite.join labor party make ur life better

What am I even saying,we don't need criminal in our party

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by ursullalinda(f): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ddokie:

Because he was the stooge of the governor. That is exactly what they did across board. Luckily for Labor, they identified many of them before time. I guess this one slipped.

The guy is a criminal......He fell out with the Governor and lost at PDP primaries.....So he went to Labour with bag of money and bought his way in with forged documents thereby arm twisting a young guy Engr Chijioke Okereke who won the primaries.....The young man is about to sue his sorry ass and he rushed out with this disclaimer.....If i were to be the young man i will make alot of money from him......Greedy desperate Politicians .

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by goshikid: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jennifer663:
Confirm
you no get stand

Today obi tomorrow atiku next week Tinubu
Which kind person be this

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by DIKEnaWAR: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
He was denied PDP ticket and ran to LP only to discover that Gburugburu's people have taken over LP too and are determined to retire him and his boss Ekweremadu from Enugu politics.

Thi. Ef. LG chairman for 2 terms plus 3 terms in the HoR is enough for you to have stolen both pension and gratuity. Rest!

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Dapson73(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
The man wey sabi.

He prefer not to be on ballot papers rather than being pushed to electoral defeat by mushroom overhyped Labour party.

No one is decamping into the labour party, people are even rejecting their ticket given on a platter of gold grin

Isn't God wonderful?

Pandora supporters how market ?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Dapson73(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
ursullalinda:

The guy is a criminal......He fell out with the Governor and lost at PDP primaries.....So he went to Labour with bag of money and bought his way in with forged documents thereby arm twisting a young guy Engr Chijioke Okereke who won the primaries.....The young man is about to sue his sorry ass and he rushed out with this disclaimer.....If i were to be the young man i will make alot of money from him......Greedy desperate Politicians .

So your over hyped Labour party is selling their mandate to the highest bidder.

I keep saying Obi is in for business and not politics in real sense.

I can't phantom how Obi will think he can win Atiku talkless of Asiwaju.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by DIKEnaWAR: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ddokie:

He was not. The governor want to retire Ekweremadu and his loyalists (which Hon Toby is one) Toby ran to LP and the governor and his people have their candidates there too incase Chimaroke start his wayo and murderous politics. Toby is in neither camp and they have concluded plans to disgrace him. Why he ran back to PDP to get a place in Atiku's camp incase Atiku wins.

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by ursullalinda(f): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
Dapson73:

Pls tell me the party you are supporting let me school you about that party......moreover how is it Obi's business or you are so desperate to dent the man's image......Well unfortunately you didn't get a dime during primaries and you are here sounding daft on their behalf.....Pls get off my mention

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Hambivert: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sparogatively
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by AOresources: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
G
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by LiveWithIt: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Who will like to be identified with a failure, someone who isn't man enough voice like a Sissy male cheesy
PARTY with no structure a man whose son was seen stepping on the Nigerian flag... Some months back they were agitating for Biafra now they want to make Nigeria great grin who is decieving who?
Vote tinubu vote APC 2023

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by moneyissweet(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Polithiefians
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Chimookigwe: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Corridon:
He is unpopular.

Unpopular means famous... for negative reasons.

I have educated you tonight, something your father couldn't do.

When Tinubu resumes office in May next year, there will be free education for illiterates like you.

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Obakoolex(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
This na wetin do the guyman

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by GeneralOjukwu: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2022

" He said he would rather remain as a nobody in PDP than be a contestant in Labour Party"

Yeebos disgraced Ojukwu soundly, dropping him for PDP.

When PDP masters cough, their worshippers must bow. grin

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Elvis2kay: 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
tongue
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Chimookigwe: 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Dapson73:

If they put me against Peter Obi as at today, I will collect Labour Party ticket from him.

Obi has won only 1 election in his life. Just 1.

Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by ipreach: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why is he rejecting the party or don't he know that he stand a great chance to win under LP as Igbos has adopted the party already.

Anyway, thank God this guy was arrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idrrsg5G2HU

Do well to subscribe to this channel
Re: "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket by Peacemaker5128: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nobody wants to associate with structureless party

Renewed Hope Concert Organising Committee List Causes War Among APC Youths. / Transcript Of 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement Released / Francis Fadahunsi: Poverty Makes People Mill Around Tinubu