Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,745 members, 7,837,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy (30542 Views)

Gbajabiamila Tops List Of Contenders For Tinubu’s Chief Of Staff / 2023 Presidency: If Atiku Wins, Southerners Will Be In Severe Trouble — Sagay / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Peter Obi Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by chimeremodlyn: 6:33am On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

I rather see Atiku win than Tinubu

Tinubu presidency is dead before arrival.

sane Nigerians have rejected him

where will he get votes ?
SE is no go area
SW apart from his urchins , real Omoluabis and intellectuals in SW have rejected him totally.
North he'll struggle to get reasonable votes in the North because except you're living in a fools paradise you'll realise that the north is going for their brother Atiku.
Middle belt is no go area because what Middle belt saw in Apc their mouth no fit talk am.
you don't expect such people to vote the very person romancing murderous herdsmen because of their votes.
South South will be between Obi and Atiku because no reasonable southerner will want to reinforce failure called Apc through the agbado munching gorilla Tinubu.

so I ask again where and how will Tinubu win ?
which region will he sweep ?
the only hope of the agbado munching urchins is federal might because they're in power but buhari I know will not interfere in this election and it will be level battle field.

so projecting Tinubu to win is you being mischievous and propagating a paid agenda which we all know already.

Tinubu will never be president
God will not abandon Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu.

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.
God bless other tribes in Nigeria.

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins.

don't mind him, he's trying to make the Igbo's feel good about becoming senate president. he doesn't know we've gone passed that level of mumuism. tbh bro, there are many insane Nigerians, cos even tho the sane ones will not vote him, what about the insane ones?
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

frustrated cow, Tinubu is your next president

decorated foooooool
e pain am ooo
hahahahaha
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 6:50am On Sep 22, 2022
tiger28:

This comment is a CLASSIC Example of what happened in Osun election..............

Biafrans rejoicing that Tinubu lost the election WHILE Labor Party had JUST 2K votes.

Isn't that madness?
It exposes their Political naivete!

Fortunately, Because the Yorubas are Democratic by Nature, Atiku winning is STILL a win win for them because they have almost EQUAL numbers in PDP and APC.

To the Biafrans, it will be a LOSS LOSS LOSS (lol)
e pain am ooo
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by toneroforever(m): 6:50am On Sep 22, 2022
mcmurphy132:
Those LP supporter who prefer Atiku to Tinubu are still former PDP supporter.. that is PDP is of two set Atiku and obi.. they both rely on same vote... Advantage for APC.. Thats just the Truth.. 70% of Obi supporter never voted APC in 2019

Nigerians rejected APC totally because of Buhari's failure. The north noticed that & r dumping the party leaving the SW behind to carry on with the sinking ship.

3 reasons why APC will even see votes at all:

(1) Tribal affiliations: Due to natural bias,APC will get some votes from the SW because they r his kinsmen. Yet many yorubas who pride themselves as Omoluabis have said it openly that they r voting for Obi.
The same reason applies to Shettima. His tribesmen will vote for APC since he is on the ticket.
(2) Financial gains: These r the voters willing to sell their votes to the APC irrespective of the consequences of bad governance thereafter.
(3) Political elite strategizing for relevance: As party men, it's a normal thing to work for ur party's success & there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that. But on the moral side, it's wrong to project a failed party knowing that Nigerians are at the receiving end of their bad governance.
Note: With the current situation in the country, if Buhari was going for a 3rd tenure, the north will vote against him. So what makes u feel the north will support Tinubu because of Buhari's; that's more of a daydream. Tinubu blindly supported Buhari despite his failings so he can succeed him in 2023. He never criticised him. [b]That clearly shows selfishness over patriotism.
It means Tinubu is willing to let Nigeria burn if that's the only way for him to achieve his lifelong ambition. Talk about the end justifying the means. Nigerians saw all these & r no fools. He is not the type of president we need. [/b]Thank God the same Buhari he went to lengths to support isn't returning the favor meaning the election will be fair to an extent,at least BVAS will play a huge role.
So:
(1)Without the much touted Buhari's northern block votes
(2)Buhari's indifference to who succeeds him & provision of a level playing field ie BVAS & other electoral amendments
(3)Some SWesterners vowing not to vote him
(4)Buhari's & APC's woeful performance such that they badly damaged Nigeria on many fronts
(5)Tinubu's "political baggage"- Muslim-muslim ticket, frail health status, alleged corruption & drug trafficking, fake bishops, controversies surrounding his: age, academic attendance, family background, village/state of origin etc;

How does Tinubu & his supporters still believe he can win the 2023 presidential election?
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2022
Obinoscopy:
As a follow up to my previous thread, this thread is dedicated to the possible permutations for Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins (and that's a big "if"wink). Tinubu is from the South West while his vice is from North East. Also both of them are Muslims. Thus the Senate Presidency has to come from either the South East or South South and has to be a Christian.

In the South East, the major contender is Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia North). Even though he did not support Tinubu during the APC primaries, he has been very vocal in his support for Tinubu. So I wouldn't be surprised if Tinubu would lobby for Orji Uzor Kalu to become the Senate President. Also I believe Kalu is a Christian and he a majority leader (Chief Whip) in the Senate, these are his strong points. However Kalu has to win his re-election into the Senate first. He has a major challenger from PDP, Mao Ohaobunwa. So I guess, Kalu's focus should be to win the Senate election first. He defeated Ohaobunwa in the last election, perhaps he can do it again. Another possible stumbling block to Kalu is Osita B. Izunaso (APC, Imo West). That Izunaso guy is an underdog who should not be overlooked. He was the one who singlehandedly retired Arthur Nzeribe from the Senate, so he could pose a stumbling block to Kalu's bid if he is also interested in being the 2023 Senate President.

In the South South, I'm going for Peter Nwaoboshi (Delta North). He is a 2 term senator and is a Christian as well. However he has to win Ned Nwoko of the PDP first before his dream of becoming a Senate President can be realised. Another contender, albeit a lightweight one, is Biobarakuma Degi (Bayelsa East).

For the Speaker House of Representative, I would say either North Central or North West gets it, but I’m tilting towards North West because they will likely priduce more APC seats than the North Central. But the permutations on who would likely be a strong contender is very complex and beyond my scope.

So, in conclusion, I'll say the major contenders for the Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins are Orji Uzor Kalu, Osita Izunaso and Peter Nwaboshi.

Modification: I was also made to be aware that Godswill Akpabio (APC, Akwa Ibom North West) is another strong contender. I know he has some legal hurdles to surmount. If that's solved, I'll say he also is a strong contender alongside Orji Uzor Kalu.

Tinubu cannot even come close to winning, so no need to waste time reading all this.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Theoarhics: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2022
You forgot to add Oshiomole
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by chrisdolly(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2022
Hate will kill you laslas
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

SE is no go area
SW apart from his urchins , real Omoluabis and intellectuals in SW have rejected him totally.
North he'll struggle to get reasonable votes in the North because except you're living in a fools paradise you'll realise that the north is going for their brother Atiku.
Middle belt is no go area because what Middle belt saw in Apc their mouth no fit talk am.
you don't expect such people to vote the very person romancing murderous herdsmen because of their votes.
South South will be between Obi and Atiku because no reasonable southerner will want to reinforce failure called Apc through the agbado munching gorilla Tinubu.

the only hope of the agbado munching urchins is federal might because they're in power but buhari I know will not interfere in this election and it will be level battle field.

so projecting Tinubu to win is you being mischievous and propagating a paid agenda which we all know already.

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Pinito: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2022
mcmurphy132:
Those LP supporter who prefer Atiku to Tinubu are still former PDP supporter.. that is PDP is of two set Atiku and obi.. they both rely on same vote... Advantage for APC.. Thats just the Truth.. 70% of Obi supporter never voted APC in 2019
The real hint somebody people are missing or deliberately ignoring it
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2022
chrisdolly:
Hate will kill you laslas
e pain am ooo
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Tonytonex(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2022
Obinoscopy:
As a follow up to my previous thread, this thread is dedicated to the possible permutations for Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins (and that's a big "if"wink). Tinubu is from the South West while his vice is from North East. Also both of them are Muslims. Thus the Senate Presidency has to come from either the South East or South South and has to be a Christian.

In the South East, the major contender is Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia North). Even though he did not support Tinubu during the APC primaries, he has been very vocal in his support for Tinubu. So I wouldn't be surprised if Tinubu would lobby for Orji Uzor Kalu to become the Senate President. Also I believe Kalu is a Christian and he a majority leader (Chief Whip) in the Senate, these are his strong points. However Kalu has to win his re-election into the Senate first. He has a major challenger from PDP, Mao Ohaobunwa. So I guess, Kalu's focus should be to win the Senate election first. He defeated Ohaobunwa in the last election, perhaps he can do it again. Another possible stumbling block to Kalu is Osita B. Izunaso (APC, Imo West). That Izunaso guy is an underdog who should not be overlooked. He was the one who singlehandedly retired Arthur Nzeribe from the Senate, so he could pose a stumbling block to Kalu's bid if he is also interested in being the 2023 Senate President.

In the South South, I'm going for Peter Nwaoboshi (Delta North). He is a 2 term senator and is a Christian as well. However he has to win Ned Nwoko of the PDP first before his dream of becoming a Senate President can be realised. Another contender, albeit a lightweight one, is Biobarakuma Degi (Bayelsa East).

For the Speaker House of Representative, I would say either North Central or North West gets it, but I’m tilting towards North West because they will likely priduce more APC seats than the North Central. But the permutations on who would likely be a strong contender is very complex and beyond my scope.

So, in conclusion, I'll say the major contenders for the Senate Presidency IF Tinubu wins are Orji Uzor Kalu, Osita Izunaso and Peter Nwaboshi.

Modification: I was also made to be aware that Godswill Akpabio (APC, Akwa Ibom North West) is another strong contender. I know he has some legal hurdles to surmount. If that's solved, I'll say he also is a strong contender alongside Orji Uzor Kalu.
you are wasting your time.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Taaaaaaa
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by TUTU147: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Florindiaz:
Kalu is a greedy and selfish man! It because they promised him senate president if he wins that’s why he’s saying that no south easterner can become president in 2023! You’re not going to return to the senate anymore
Kalu is not winning the seat,pdp will win.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by obembet(f): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

I love this statement.

Same way Igbo prefer Northerners to retain power than Yorubas, that's who Yoruba prefer Northerners to retain power instead of Igbo.

This is what we PDP as been praying for.... More division is for our advantage..

Power to the people

Atiku 2023
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by saysugar(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

SE is no go area

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.

na e
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2022
saysugar:
na Ogun go kill u, which omoluabis reject tinubu, nonsense igbos , talk for ur tribe and not SW
Idiot do U think Yoruba be bastard to ignore tinubu and vote Igbo shit or atiku
Seems u people have turn this election to tribe competition and if it’s that u are faraway to southwest
Idiot talking for another person tribe useless tribe
be Obidient
it'll do you good and that of your generation.
Election no be intertribe competition
it's an avenue to better ourselves and our generation.
suffering knows no tribe.
Apc government have proven that Nigeria doesn't need them and promoting them again is a very big disservice to the country you claim to love.
Apc have failed.
you have to kiss this truth bro.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by eguarojeona: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

SE is no go area

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.

A northern politician told me why vote for second place (shettima) when they have first place(atiku).Its why northerners are defecting to pdp.Those people are power hungry.We southerners need to discourage them by withdrawing the control of our southern wealth from them.Let them develop their zones
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by eguarojeona: 9:42am On Sep 22, 2022
Great2017:
Why did you not consider Oshiomhole?
First timers to the the house or senate cant become ther leaders.Its meant for seasoned legislators.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by FaithBrain1994(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2022
frank14011991:
if akpabio loses out then nobody will contest against ouk. but they have to beware of tambuwal, he is a snake he has done it before against mulikat akande,as for the speaker ship it is going to northwest and ado alhassan Doguwa is the oldest among them after gbajabiamila
Don't write off Onofiok Luke. He is a very technical politician.. He might sweep the deputy speaker seat especially as he is from the south.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Decent09(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2022
Florindiaz:
Kalu is a greedy and selfish man! It because they promised him senate president if he wins that’s why he’s saying that no south easterner can become president in 2023! You’re not going to return to the senate anymore

But they said Kanu is like Obi, cos he too is very Stingy oo, ok since we don't want Stingy Man to be at the top, we can consider Godswill Akpabio.
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by frank14011991(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2022
FaithBrain1994:
Don't write off Onofiok Luke. He is a very technical politician.. He might sweep the deputy speaker seat especially as he is from the south.
the headline says if APC wins,LUke oniofoke is in pdp
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by HolyMan12: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

SE is no go area

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.

So the Middle belt no exist again.

Na only North west, south west and South East dey Nigeria undecided

Emeka-Bias the worry you cool
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
HolyMan12:

So the Middle belt no exist again.

Na only North west, south west and South East dey Nigeria undecided

Emeka-Bias the worry you cool
sorry dear
I categorized them as north

God bless Middle belt
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by lailo: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
rubbish post

SE is no go area

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North.

Mind of every Igbo person against this great son of Oduduwa. But u have not told us why Atiku is better?
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by HolyMan12: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
sorry dear
I categorized them as north

God bless Middle belt

Oh! I categorize South East as south

South East, South West and South South are all south, so why complain?

Since Middle belt, North East and North West are all North undecided
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Maliqcious: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Great2017:
Why did you not consider Oshiomhole?
No mind the analyst
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by tiger28: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

But you live fat on their wealth, why your leaders can’t let them go, the golden Cinderella.
Their WEALTH??

Which one?

I hope that you meant the "little " droplets of Oil in SE because you Biafrans are NOTORIOUS Land grabbers.

Pls don't go near our SS Oil !
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
tiger28:
Their WEALTH??

Which one?

I hope that you meant the "little " droplets of Oil in SE because you Biafrans are NOTORIOUS Land grabbers.

Pls don't go near our SS Oil !

I be warri boy, so I be south south, why your leaders no wan let ss and se go, they feed fat from the commerce strength and little oil from the East, oil strength of the south south, South south and south east was formerly EASTERN REGION, Na because of the war, them use this south west, south east, south south, north central na middle belt, they claim middle belt to have senate strength to oppose the leaving, even Una Yoruba Dey suffer,

Southern Nigeria Dey suffer from the almagamation,

Why they remove history and put government in sec schools, Una no know histories. Read
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by tiger28: 12:02am On Sep 23, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

I be warri boy, so I be south south, why your leaders no wan let ss and se go, they feed fat from the commerce strength and little oil from the East, oil strength of the south south, South south and south east was formerly EASTERN REGION, Na because of the war, them use this south west, south east, south south, north central na middle belt, they claim middle belt to have senate strength to oppose the leaving, even Una Yoruba Dey suffer,

Southern Nigeria Dey suffer from the almagamation,

Why they remove history and put government in sec schools, Una no know histories. Read

HOW much Oil does Warri have??
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:03am On Sep 23, 2022
tiger28:

HOW much Oil does Warri have??

Google is your ancestor. Ask am
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Jesusloveyou: 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
mcmurphy132:
you're wrong.
all idiotic pigs never voted for apc since 2015.
that is my happiness.
those that voted for pdp before will share their vote btw atiku and obi
it is easy ride for tinubu
Re: 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy by Obinoscopy(m): 6:21am On Mar 01, 2023
Obinoscopy:

Now that Tinubu has been declared winner, my permutation would be that the contest for Senate Presidency will be between Orji Uzor Kalu and Godswill Akpabio. However do not underrate Osita Izunaso, he is the underdog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Re-Election In 2027 Now Certain" – Reno Omokri / Boko Haram Members Dressed As Health Workers Arrested In Zaria / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.