Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62806 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by JASONjnr(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

Let me get you straight....

You want to take care of your daughter ....And you don't think it's your daughter's right to take care of her new born baby?

How do you think you'd be able to separate a mother from her child?

At this point...All you need is to really show your daughter the love she needs and the push she needs to correct her from future mistakes.... She can become something great to benefit from that child... Some mistakes today, often turn out to be a blessing tomorrow....

That your grandchild could be the only child that will make your family smile in the future....

You're a father....Work with lots of wisdom.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Thebadpolitican(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

And after getting them arrested,then whAt?

That would send the message to both the mom and the boy
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by mariahAngel(f): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Painful...But then you must temper justice with Mercy.

The girl is your child.
Her baby is yours.

The poor boy is yet to pay her dowry, so Legally and traditionally you own the mother and child.

Some traditions find it a taboo for a girl child to have a baby in her father's house..But then, you won't harm them..

Go and retrieve your girl..But she must know she has hurt a part of you..

I believe if the op forgives his daughter, she would recover quickly.
Guilt, which could've led to depression could be part of what made her sick.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ILuvKIDS: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
God please let such illluck not befall my precious daughter

I go just faint!
17yrs ....ha embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by backnbeta(f): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

His mother is alive he also has three elder sisters living at home who are in the best position to take care of their grand daughter/ niece
Please, take the baby and mother because the baby is too young to be left in the care of aunties and a grandma that can't feed well. Believe me, her mind will be with the baby and her recovery may be slow. Let the baby be by her side, they will both help each other
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by darediamond(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Rozross:
Your decision is not bad but I doubt if your daughter will agree to part with her baby. Ladies should be wise on who they open their legs for that’s if you are doing premarital sex. Stop dating young men(teenagers and men in their 20’s) but they won’t hear
Stop dating if you as a Lady can't be jointly financially responsible for the forthcoming baby. Or is it the Guy or Man or Boy that alone creates the pregnancy?

Please stop encouraging PROSTITUTION INDIRECTLY KNOWLY OR UNKNOWINGLY.

A LADY WHO IS NOT FINANCIALLY CAPABLE SHOULD NEVER THINK OF HAVING BOYFRIEND LET NOR A FIANCEE LET ALONE BECOMING A WIFE.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.
I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?
others have condemned you enough so I will deviate my opinion.

Please for the sake of humanity, take her and her child into your house...but make sure you install CCTV in your house... because I see that ghetto boy sneaking in and out periodically to warm your daughter's pusssssy
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by HIPROFILE(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
Take both of them and get a nanny until she is stable and strong enough to care for herself and the baby then the nanny can go…This is a case of what I call one One thing leads to one small thing that leads to a big one.

If you leave the poor guy with the baby the next news would be that the baby is dead then your daughter will never forgive both you and herself.

If only things were cut off at the start of events that finally led to the present mess it wouldn't have brought you to this stage.

If you don't do this you may end up loosing both your daughter and your grand child and you know what?, the poor boyfriend will move on to another victim.

I know this can be painful but you just have to.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

Absolutely not.
It's a fair decision.

A WAYWARD CHILD NEEDS TO LEARN HER LESSONS THE HARD WAY.

FORGIVENESS DOESN'T MEAN THAT THERE WON'T BE CONSEQUENCES.

The prodigal son was forgiven but lost all his inheritance...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by iamL(f): 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
You have a dysfunctional family that is one of the reasons your daughter got pregnant. Lack of parental especially a mother guidance.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by omolayomi06: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
weigh due respect sir your decision is very bad. First and first you are to blame for your daughter predicament if you monitor her well as a father she wwont find herself in that situation,let ask you this what about there mother I mean your wife, sometimes some parents think all the could do for there young one is food and school they forget there parents care this young one needs. For her to go and get this unwanted pregnancy under your care show the kind of parents you and you wife are. So my advice for you is to go and have your girl and the baby back before it too late.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
wwwkaycom:
Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now!
Very stupìd statement.
So the daughters made a mistake and she should just be taken back and everything should be normal and fine? PEOPLE LIKE YOU IS THE REASON WHY THE WORLD HAVE DETERIORATED TO THE POINT WE ARE TODAY.
ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by nnewsnjobs: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My 7 years old doesn't stay alone at home he go to after school lessons I pick him up at 5pm Mon to thrusday we go home together , on Friday his mother pick him up he stay with her for weekend.
My daughter is sick i have seen her picture that her boyfriend father has sent to me and i couldnt hold my tears .
she urgently needs medical care and I want her to be stress free her health is very important for me the baby has her father and her father people who can take care of her while I am taking care of mine.
I rather bring her home alone and do my best as a father for her to get well because if anything happen to her I will never forgive myself.
I understand your feeling but the child also need good care, same treatment that was given to your daughter that made her sick is also being given to the child, please don't abandon that poor child.

I beg you in the name of God, don't abandon that child, those family has nothing to offer that child. Find away to balance things. One week admission in the hospital, your daughter would start getting herself back, poor feeding during breastfeeding is a very bad thing.

Please consider the child in whatever arrangement you are making.

Cheer!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
obinna58:
Terrible society
You think you're doing your daughter? You're doing yourself.
SENSELESS mentality.
So he should suffer himself for a wayward child?
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

@ 21years you think the boy can do anything ? Do you know atimes lack can bring hatred and hatred leads to rejection and from that to depression them suicide becomes the only good way to end the nonsense....

It may be Nonsense now but when that boy picks up , he won't forget you and you may have grown older .....

Pls take her back and the little child......atleast the young man didn't deny the pregnancy, and equally she has been in thier family house still alive.....
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by adebopo: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
[quote author=wwwkaycom post=116893838] Your decision is not only bad but wicked. Where were you when such a ferociously poor guy was shacking your daughter?
I can imagine what your daughter is going through in the hand of a family that lacks the financial wherewithal to take care of basic medicare. I can conveniently refer to you as wicked for releasing your daughter to that kind of family. Are you sure she is feeding well? She made a mistake right, but you made an even greater one by throwing her out to be devoured by that verocious thing you called her boyfriend. Someone who can't afford basic medicare! E wicked Sir. Go and get the girl and her little daughter out of that dungeon before that poor boyfriend impregnate her again. I don't think you understand the psychology of such ferociously poor guys, they live and swim in poverty, do nothing about their live and hope a miracle will happen one day and they'll eventually get out of their miseries. Deliver your daughter and her little girl now. The truth has been told.
God bless you.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by idiagbo86(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
From ur decision , u haven’t forgiven her .
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by GistFullGround: 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

He is 21

He is an ADULT, so he should go get a job!
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by wealthpreach(m): 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ulunne777:
Bring her back oo.My neighbor sent her daughter away like this to her boyfriend only for the guy to give her another pregnancy barely 2 months after birth of the first pregnancy which now resulted in twins. cheesy

2 16 yr old children grin totally dependent on their parents.Now the boys mother sent the girl away with the babies ,say she like prick too much and after ppl begging the girl's parents,they now accepted 3 babies grin. .

Manage one now before the poor man will turn her into a baby factory grin

Not a true story... 6 months of fecundity period applies.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Dearlord(m): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ulunne777:
Bring her back oo.My neighbor sent her daughter away like this to her boyfriend only for the guy to give her another pregnancy barely 2 months after birth of the first pregnancy which now resulted in twins. cheesy

2 16 yr old children grin totally dependent on their parents.Now the boys mother sent the girl away with the babies ,say she like prick too much and after ppl begging the girl's parents,they now accepted 3 babies grin. .

Manage one now before the poor man will turn her to a baby factory grin

grin grin grin oh! Boy! this life get long wahala
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

You are not a bad man or father. You actually are a very wicked one. Abeg gettat.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ImoleNaija: 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

It's a very hard decision to make & you are not to blame. I put myself in your shoe & wonder how it would be easy taking care of both the mother and the infant. Instead of rejecting the baby, you can sort things out amicably by telling the boy's parents why you can't take the baby with her. It would be difficult separating the mother & her child though.

May God lead you aright.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mindlog:

She got pregnant as an adolescent, she did not commit murder!

No matter how angry and disappointed you are, you did wrong abandoning your daughter and your grandchild, biologically and legally that baby will always be linked to you.

You are aware that she has been sick for 5 months now since she gave birth, living in deplorable condition and you comfortably sleep and wake up everyday, going about your normal life as if you don't have a child somewhere who probably may be dying.

Are you waiting for her to die, so you can get the police to arrest the boyfriend?

The boyfriend's father was wise enough to send you pictures of your daughter in her poor health, so should anything happen to her you can't claim ignorance even in court, he has evidence that you know.

Your daughter is still a minor irrespective of her already being a mother, you are obligated to her welfare, should anything happen to her..you will be hugely blamed and you will regret not intervening earlier.

Even if her mum is not in the picture, go bring your daughter and grandchild home and get an older female relative to help out

That baby MUST not be separated from the mother.

You are "lucky" you are in Nigeria, where social workers are not effective.......dashing your adolescent daughter as if she is a piece of fabric because she get belle, causing more damage.

Always remember that your daughter's mother is not living with you, neither is your son's mother living with you and that is an insight of dysfunctionality.
All your epistle doesn't make any sense because you keep beating around the bush.
So he should not sleep and go about his business because a WAYWARD child decided to fucƙ around after several warnings?
Some parents have beating their child to death in the process of trying to avoid situations like this.
Some have died of heart attacks.
Some have been assaulted and even killed by the same children they're trying to save...

What op wants to do really makes sense and it is fair. In fact, if i were the one, i wouldn't take any back. I'll just get a doctor to take care of her and that would be all.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by 96ACE: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

You're evil and wicked infact I lack words to describe you blood sucking b*tch, after abandoning your daughter you still want to abandon your grandchild. You will die a very painful slow death
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
First of all, Where is the mother of your children?

By the way, why should you bother about babysitting the baby when the mother ( your daughter) can do that?
If she can open her legs and Bleep at that age, she should be able to do the work that comes with it.
Leaving the child with it's father is simply giving your daughter freedom to continue with her sexcapades and in no time, she'll bring another pregnancy home but if she's saddled with the responsibility of babysitting her baby, she'll learn some dicipline and maturity.

Bring the baby along. Keep her busy with the baby to tie her down from jumping from one dick to the other.

Again, where is their mother?
I don't know how daft some people can be...

They said someone has been sick for 5 months after delivery and you're still asking stupid questions. Can a sick person take care of a baby?
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mamaab: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
You are a wicked soul. May God judge you and judge you rightly. Wicked fooooool
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
Single parent hood is a nono, you are the cause of your daughters pregnancy, you didn't make time to look after her hence, she went to boyfriend.
Sorry but she is just reproducing what you did, and you re are already preparing her to be a single mum, as that useless boyfriend of hers will Japa.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mindlog: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:

All your epistle doesn't make any sense because you keep beating around the bush.
So he should not sleep and go about his business because a WAYWARD child decided to fucƙ around after several warnings?
Some parents have beating their child to death in the process of trying to avoid situations like this.
Some of died of heart attacks
Some have been assaulted and even killed by the same children they're trying to save...

What op wants to do really makes sense and it is fair. In fact, if i where the one, i wouldn't take any back. I'll just get a doctor to take care of her and that would be all.

OP, is a single father with children from different mothers and he is not living with any of the women......what does that tell you?

After beating their children to death, did the Nigerian Police congratulate them and were they offered Nobel Prize for Parenting? sad

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:

I don't know how daft some people can be...

They said someone has been sick for 5 months after delivery and you're still asking stupid questions. Can a sick person take care of a baby?

Hey we re talking of bad parenting here , the questions are right, where is her mum?
Obviously she didn't get good guidance from her father who didn't mention her mum.
Who knows how many boys she has been shagging since she was 10.
Are you even sure the boyfriend is the father of the baby.
Her dad needs to man up and take care of his grand daughter.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by ImoleNaija: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mamaab:
You are a wicked soul. May God judge you and judge you rightly. Wicked fooooool

What help could you render to him other than crying here on NL? He might have done wrong by disowning her but that is not the issue at hand now. How exactly do you expect a working single father to take care of a sick mother & her baby? Pls tell me or shut up forever!

MadamOk:
Please sir I don't know the annoyance you have with the boy and his family, but wetin don happen don happen,you can correct it since you said you have forgiven your daughter, find time to take her to the hospital for check up and if it required bed resting and you can't be there for her, the boy and his family can do that. Make sure you pay the hospital bill and give her some money for food.

Because taking her home wey you nor get the time to take care of her no go too make sense.

@Survivor2020,
This is a reasonable advice from a sensible person. May God bless you jare.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Obiorahpcfg: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition. Very bad decision. Do you know if dt child will be the future president?

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by VirileNelly2420: 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Rozross:
Your decision is not bad but I doubt if your daughter will agree to part with her baby. Ladies should be wise on who they open their legs for that’s if you are doing premarital sex. Stop dating young men(teenagers and men in their 20’s) but they won’t hear
Age no b problem here...
Even d elderly u look up to can still make bad husband. I think finance is d bone of contention here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.