Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is My Decision Right Or Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong (4077 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Mrperfecto: 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
I have 3 wonderful children 9,2, 5 months. My first daughter is from my previous relationship. I recently changed her school to an expensive one 50k more than her old school. My son still attending the old school which is a good school with expensive fees too. My wife is not happy and accused me of loving my daughter more than her kids. I love my children equally and told her I don’t see the point of changing his school Now , he is only 2 in primary one and has promised to change him to the new school when he is in primary one. She has been acting funny and treats my daughter like her worst enemy , which I reported the matter to her mother. She supported my wife and said I should change his school for peace to reign, I was shocked I taught she would talk to my wife and makes her understanding instead she sided her. Anyways I still stick to my decision of not changing his school and my wife is still mad. Is it worth it to move him school ? I hope I’m not wrong with my decision ?
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Pavore9: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
I guess your first daughter is living with her mother.
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by EliteDude(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
Wow...didn't you see any sign that your wife might not be comfortable with your daughter before marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Mrperfecto: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
She lives with me
Pavore9:
I guess your first daughter is living with her mother.
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by nlPoster: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
What do you want people to tell you?

I think Nigeria has more problems than these your personal ones.
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by rain21(f): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hmmm,do as your wife said for peace to reign.if the former school was good and ok,why then did you enroll your daughter to a new one? It's partial, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.., irrespective of their classes. Don't start putting ideas in your wife's mind, treat all your kids equally.
There's no reason you will give her that will be acceptable to her.take your daughter back to her former school if you won't cope with the fees of the two.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Ibeze: 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2020
Don't change your position or your wife and her mother will believe you can always be made to change your mind, when she acts funny.
Mrperfecto:
I have 3 wonderful children 9,2, 5 months. My first daughter is from my previous relationship. I recently changed her school to an expensive one 50k more than her old school. My son still attending the old school which is a good school with expensive fees too. My wife is not happy and accused me of loving my daughter more than her kids. I love my children equally and told her I don’t see the point of changing his school Now , he is only 2 in primary one and has promised to change him to the new school when he is in primary one. She has been acting funny and treats my daughter like her worst enemy , which I reported the matter to her mother. She supported my wife and said I should change his school for peace to reign, I was shocked I taught she would talk to my wife and makes her understanding instead she sided her. Anyways I still stick to my decision of not changing his school and my wife is still mad. Is it worth it to move him school ? I hope I’m not wrong with my decision ?

17 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
If money isn’t the problem then move your son to the new school for peace to reign.

You just started an unnecessary fight between your wife and your daughter. Things like this doesn’t go away easily. Two women are involved. Na you I dey pity shar.

16 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by chatinent: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
Two women; WWIII.
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oga u did wrong, you could have waited to changed both of them same time.
Don't create enmity for your daughter and to think your wife is not her biological mother.
She is seen as a threat already, you just added salt to a injury

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by freecocoahubby(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mrperfecto:

This right here is a MAJOR sign that your wife has mental issues and will potentially abuse your daughter in your absence!

I mean what right thinking human would treat a little kid as their "worst enemy" for a decision her father made? Smh.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
freecocoahubby:

This right here is a MAJOR sign that your wife has mental issues and will potentially abuse your daughter in your absence!

I mean what right thinking human would treat a little kid as their "worst enemy" for a decision her father made? Smh.
are you married?

5 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by dominique(f): 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
You have started sowing seeds of resentment in your wife towards your daughter by placing the girl in a more superior school to your other kid. If the girl was her biological daughter, she would have understood but she's not and there's no way she won't think you're giving your daughter unfair preferential treatment. Sadly it's the little girl that will suffer for this not you

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by SweetCunt97(f): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
How much is ur wife even bringing to the table that she wants to burden you with extra expensive school fees?

Why didn't u discuss and agree with ur wife before making d decision to change school? U just took decisions on ur own and now things are going awry you disturbing us.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by elektra(f): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
Did you discuss with your wife at all before making the move? In blended families, it is very important to communicate and carry everyone along.

17 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by yeyeosoronga: 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Why did you change your daughter's school?
Any particular reason?
That might shed more light on the main issues.
A 2 year old should probably still be sucking breast anyway, but these days they're been taught calculus.
Logistically, it would make life easier if both are in the same school sha.
However, if the reason you changed your daughter's school is because of a better standard, then you've just bought market for yourself o.
You would be seen as partial, wanting a better life for your older child than the younger one.
Since you've caused the trouble with your tactlessness already, just protect your daughter from the claws of the Jezebel you've created at home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Whyzaid(f): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
For the sake of peace and sanity in the house, take your son too to that school since money is not the problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by TheArchangel(f): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
If the table turns will you accept same?
Like your wife putting a child she had for another man in a top notch school while your own kid is in a government school.

It is just a natural reaction and you didnt think your actions through.
Remedy the situation and stop disturbing us.
People will just use their hand dey cause wahala for themselves. cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Ginaz(f): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oga if you think people here would side with you and call your wife names you are wrong . Clearly what you did was unfair somehow sha, you should have discussed it with your wife first before taking the step you did.

Nobody is saying you shouldn’t take good care of your daughter but then it’s not easy for your wife too. Try to calm her down oga... you didn’t try at all.

13 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Karleb(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
That's women for you. They'll never love another as their one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Bluehill1051: 9:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mrperfecto:
You're a mad man!
Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by nursennenny(f): 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Imagine the table turns around.
If your wife treats her child from a previous relationship better than your how would you feel.

If she favors that child over yours, what’s the nearest possible assumption?
Men just love bringing up unnecessary issues.

This is why I can never have anything to do with a single father.
I just can’t deal

14 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Olunmercy56(f): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
As for me you did the right thing, but for peace in the home, if you have the money, take the boy to the school too.. because she is living with you. That might cause quarrel between your wife and your daughter.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
You've just created problem that will last for years to come, whether you put her own kid in the same school or to a school more expensive than your daughter's it won't change the look your wife has for your daughter.

Your best bet is to take your daughter to her mother or mother's family or yours to school there. That is the only way she can survive this storm you've laid for her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
As far as the mother of your first daughter is responsible and alive, you don't have issues. Take her to her mother and sponsor her education from afar. It's not your wife's business where your first daughter chooses to study

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by hasyak(m): 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
I totally understand your position, 2 years old, what are they really teaching them in school, most can hardly Express themselves, ideally, they should be at home playing, instead of wasting money just to belong,

They will never understand, if money isn't a big issue, for the sake of your daughter's sanity and safety, and peace to reign in your house change his school.

But if money is an issue and can you can protect your daughter from their weakness, then stamp your feet

6 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Mrperfecto: 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
rain21:
Hmmm,do as your wife said for peace to reign.if the former school was good and ok,why then did you enroll your daughter to a new one? It's partial, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.., irrespective of their classes. Don't start putting ideas in your wife's mind, treat all your kids equally.
There's no reason you will give her that will be acceptable to her.take your daughter back to her former school if you won't cope with the fees of the two.
To be frank with you I had no issue with her old school she started there since nursery2 until she left in primary 5. My elder sister enrolled her kids at the new school last year and I just like everything about this new school and because I could afford it that was why I have changed her. The amount that I’m paying for her in primary 5 it’s very fair to me but for a 2 years old I think it’s waste of money. It’s not like my 2 years old will be at the old school forever , like I said earlier I promised my wife that he will join his sister when he is in primary one but my wife still not satisfied with my decision.

7 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by cococandy(f): 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
Someone accepted to marry your after-one ass and you’re still messing up by creating problems for her.

Mtchew.

I hope when you’re done getting validation from your fellow biased guy folks they will also come to your house and resolve your issues for you. They won’t be the one living with you. Maybe the nasty names they are unjustly calling her is music to your ears.

9 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by Mrperfecto: 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
stupidity:
If money isn’t the problem then move your son to the new school for peace to reign.

You just started an unnecessary fight between your wife and your daughter. Things like this doesn’t go away easily. Two women are involved. Na you I dey pity shar.
Well in that case I know what to do. My daughter comes first she will stay and I will send my wife back to her parents

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
This discussion should have been had before the decision was made.
Spare us.

Mrperfecto:

To be frank with you I had no issue with her old school she started there since nursery2 until she left in primary 5. My elder sister enrolled her kids at the new school last year and I just like everything about this new school and because I could afford it that was why I have changed her. The amount that I’m paying for her in primary 5 it’s very fair to me but for a 2 years old I think it’s waste of money. It’s not like my 2 years old will be at the old school forever , like I said earlier I promised my wife that he will join his sister when he is in primary one but my wife still not satisfied with my decision.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by cococandy(f): 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mrperfecto:

Well in that case I know what to do. My daughter comes first she will stay and I will send my wife back to her parents

Sigh

Troll. Should have known. Probably isn’t even married.

14 Likes

Re: Is My Decision Right Or Wrong by rain21(f): 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Act Like Kids; Even As Grown Ups / She Always Call My Younger brother By Name / Boyfriend Spends So Much Money On Stay-at-home Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.