Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman (24465 Views)

Fayemi Bows Out As NGF Chairman, Lauds Osinbajo For Leadership Skills / Fayose Reacts To Fayemi’s Emergence As NGF Chairman / PDP Governors Reject El-Rufai In 2-Man Race For NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by etokhana: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has replaced his Ekiti State counterpart, Kayode Fayemi, as the Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum.

Tambuwal assumed the position on Thursday at the National Economic Council meeting in Aso Rock Villa, Abuja, after Fayemi transferred the baton of office to him.

The Director, Media and Public Affairs of NGF, Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, confirmed the change of baton in a statement on Thursday.

According to the statement, Tambuwal will be holding fort until May next year when a proper election is conducted among the governors.

The statement read, “Before making the announcement, the Ekiti State Governor acknowledged the result driven output of the NEC and thanked his colleagues and other members of the council for their support, explaining that yes, we may be occasionally troublesome, coming from the Forum of Governors, and we do test your patience but you have never really expressed any frustration with all our truculent questions and the insistence that the federation must be a true federation.”

“The new President of the FORAF also did not forget to thank the Secretariat of the NEC and through the NEC thanked the President and Commander in Chief of the Country for taking the resolutions of the NEC seriously by implementing them.

“In his response the Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo said the NGF chairman had taken the wind out of their sail, because he was “meant to, on behalf of the NEC commend the Ekiti Governor and NGF Chairman’s informed and patriotic services to the council in the last four years and that was enhanced by your chairmanship of the NGF, admitting that the NGF has ensured that we move to a true federation, not just in words but in deeds as well.”

“Professor Osinbajo prayed that Dr fayemi’s services both nationally and globally to development, and to all of the good which the nation deserves and the global community deserves will continue.

“Dr Fayemi formally hands over the Chairmanship of the NGF to Rt Hon Amuinu Waziri Tambuwal on the October 16th.”

Before his new role, Tambuwal served as Vice Chairman of the Forum under Fayemi in the last four years.

https://veonewsng.com/2022/09/22/just-in-tambuwal-takes-over-from-fayemi-as-ngf-chairman/

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
Cool

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by lhordspy: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
All good though.

But i have never been a fan of this man, Aminu tambuwal . Anytime i hear his name, what comes to mind first is a present-day judas, betrayal, backstabber, ,falsity, apostate, double-dealer, serpent, quisling .

Infact i can never trust a Tambuwa to be my bestMan on my wedding day. He can start having an affair with my wicked mother-in law for money.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by bazoodo: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by asanausana91: 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
Oya Wike what are you going to do now? Are you going to remove yourself from the forum?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by fergie001: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
Tambuwal-season.

MrMcJay:
The President and the NGF Chairman can't come from the same region.
Who was NGF Chair under Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

Rotimi Amaechi.

Who was NGF Chair under the late Yar'Adua?

Bukola Saraki.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Advocate500: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
The north and politics.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Coolbreezz: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
from apc to pdp

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Jestin: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Give it to the north when it comes to politics. They will betray Tinubu at last

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by ursullalinda(f): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Very soon PDP will turn to regional party.....wetin concern me.....I'm all for Obi

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by happney65: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
How did an opposition Govornor become the head of the forum? I thought it should go to the party in the majority which is still APC. I don't think I have seen a case where the opposition was the head of the NGF.

Sorry,just a little bit confused

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by IamNat: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
Tambuwa that wants to destroy PDP

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Hopepe(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
asanausana91:
Oya Wike what are you going to do now? Are you going to remove yourself from the forum?

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Brendaniel: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Failure taking over from Failure

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by mbahdi(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Pdp power

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Manny21: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Tambuwal lokan

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by olusola200: 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
The betrayal

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Norwichsailor(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
Something fishy is going down

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by katchagboro(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
If it were PDP that are in power, they won't allow opposition to lead the governors forum.
Buhari mean good to all

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by olahero(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wike is on my mind

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
North stylishly taking back power.....

Fear North!

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by OldNairalander(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
Opposition governor as NGF chairman ?
The South need to remove pride and do political internship with the North.
They are ahead of the game by far

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by BurialGround: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
Say no to

A nother
P ackaged
C riminals.

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by MrMcJay(m): 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
The President and the NGF Chairman can't come from the same region.

I pity Atiku and PDP. What Wike will do to them will be worse than what Modu Sheriff did to PDP that made Atiku run away to Dubai.

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by ChangetheChange: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
Something is cooking
Tambuwal all of a sudden is becoming visible and playing power broker in the North as we approach 2023 election

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by GeneralOjukwu: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by Egalitarian1: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Guguwar Obi!

ObiDatti carry us dey go for better Naija.

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by bonnyhope: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Forum of scavengers

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by EMXTAN1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by zeuss: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
happney65:
How did an opposition Govornor become the head of the forum? I thought it should go to the party in the majority which is still APC. I don't think I have seen a case where the opposition was the head of the NGF.

Sorry,just a little bit confused

Speaks about the unity of the far north across party divides.......TINUBU is disposable.

Re: Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman by descarado: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Southern betrayer, how far na?
Obi is your problem. Continue fighting him

Chad Intercepts ISIS Weapons Going To Boko Haram / Ekweremadu: PDP Reveals Why Forces Are After Deputy Senate President / 54 Shiites Members Arrested Over Bloody Protest In Abuja