Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. (22047 Views)

How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Heffalump(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
@OP, don't blame your friend for pushing you over, when you had the opportunity to move ahead you did nothing to prove your worth. It's all your timidity that caused it.

You saw chances and didn't take it until the arrival of your friend, who gingered you from your slumber like a sleeping rabbit. Good you realized he's better than you, but don't envy him. Just co-operate with him while you learn good etiquettes of working professionally in the public space.
Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by OvertheTop(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
You've got bad energy mahn... You only yearned for increment in salary because your friend is earning more than you. I dropped off a friend because of something like this...

you will feel same way...if you were in his shoe man.

you were on 100k for 6 years....
no promotion, no Raise.

you help a friend in, he is promoted to Vice CEO within a short period of 1 year
+ increase 500k

Guy, imagine this scenario,
tell me You won't feel unhappy about your own situation

the guy just needs to be very careful now....and destroy every seed of jealousy left in his heart.
and work diligently

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Enimin: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:
I have decided to accept the new changes in my place of work. But with terms and conditions.

That's not really the case here. I have worked for years and didn't get promoted, but then i thought of helping my friend, and my friend ended up achieving what i couldn't achieve while having the same qualifications and even been paid x2 of what am earning. though! I have no bad intentions towards my friend but I think he made a wrong move by making some changes that’s unfavorable to me and others.

Of course I have reasons to feel been treated
unfairly. Am also human too.
some said I was jealous of my friend been made the assistant Boss, but to be candid, I never did... I just didn't like the way he was acting so professional as if we that have been working there for long are unprofessional.

after much thought, I decided to summon courage to tender my letter of upliftment for the Increasement of my salary today, and for God so good... my letter was approved and my money has been increase to what my friend is earning.... so the only difference now is that, he's my superior and I will have to be taking orders from him in which I have started to adapt to it.

To be candid, my friend possesses all the quality that it takes to be the assistant Boss because he's bold and fearless.... not like me that's very quiet.

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

i will like to use dis medium to thank those that motivated me to go fight for my right.

((Previous thread ----- https://www.nairaland.com/7341973/how-feel-when-friend-becomes ))

Be careful make dem no sack u from dat job oooo grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Alusiizizi(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:
I have decided to accept the new changes in my place of work. But with terms and conditions.

That's not really the case here. I have worked for years and didn't get promoted, but then i thought of helping my friend, and my friend ended up achieving what i couldn't achieve while having the same qualifications and even been paid x2 of what am earning. though! I have no bad intentions towards my friend but I think he made a wrong move by making some changes that’s unfavorable to me and others.

some said I was jealous of my friend been made the assistant Boss, but to be candid, I never did... I just didn't like the way he was acting so professional as if we that have been working there for long are unprofessional.

after much thought, I decided to summon courage to tender my letter of upliftment for the Increasement of my salary today, and for God so good... my letter was approved and my money has been increase to what my friend is earning.... so the only difference now is that, he's my superior and I will have to be taking orders from him in which I have started to adapt to it.

To be candid, my friend possesses all the quality that it takes to be the assistant Boss because he's bold and fearless.... not like me that's very quiet.

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

i will like to use dis medium to thank those that motivated me to go fight for my right.

((Previous thread ----- https://www.nairaland.com/7341973/how-feel-when-friend-becomes ))

I suppose a bit of self-deceit is arguably healthy but me being what I am cannot help myself. You should say something like this "I have been forced to accept the new changes in my work-place otherwise I will get sacked and end up a pure-water hawker". That would have been a more painful albeit more accurate descript.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Asour: 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
that person took initiatives and did what you people couldnt do, thus probably why he got promoted and not you guys. so long as he does whats best FOR THE COMPANY, how you people feel about it is irrelevant. no offense!

dont look at this issue from your own perspective but instead from your boss aka the owner of the company's perspective...

That's not always how the world works.
I use always because in this Nigeria we know, not a few appointments are on merit. EVEN in the private sector!

To the OP, I don't know you but as the Bible says, ...Time and chance happen to them all.

ECC: 9 v 11.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by kolarov93(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
When osinbajo contested the party primaries with tinubu,tinubu supporters said he was a traitor.
Traitor bawo!
No be osinbajo helped am get away from corruption charges that he was guilty of?No be osinbajo help am to become a multi-millionaire pensioner?So aso rock belongs to tinubu that nobody should contest seat with him?
No be say he wan come rescue Nigeria.Na steal he won come steal.

Just tell me how dis ur comment take correlate with the topic

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by etrange: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:

unfairly. Am also human too. Some said I was jealous of my friend been made the assistant Boss, but to be candid, I never did... I just didn't like the way he was acting so professional as if we that have been working there for long are unprofessional.

I'm really happy you feel contented. But to be honest, the line in bold is hilarious. It doesn't even make sense. There's nothing like acting professional. He's just being professional. Were you expecting him to be less professional just because you guys that were there before him didn't see the need to be as professional? If you guys' approach were ideal, the management wouldn't have chosen him to lead y'all. His professionalism is probably what differentiates him from the rest of you and that's why he's chosen to lead y'all. Wanting or expecting him to tone it down is inconsiderate cause that's his selling point. Instead, be motivated to act professional too. After all, a boss that motivates us to level up is an inspiring one.

I just hope that you're self aware enough to differentiate between when he's really doing something wrong and when your human nature is interfering with your judgment. You've been a good friend by recommending him for the job. I hope he appreciates that and also be a good friend to you out there. But at work, please don't make him have to chose between your friendship and his career.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by SeriouslySense(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
smiley smiley
ojorich:
Good...person like me prefer to be vice president than to be president. I hate unnecessary stress and attention. Just allow me do my job get paid and go

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by SeriouslySense(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Aparche(f): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
You've got bad energy mahn... You only yearned for increment in salary because your friend is earning more than you. I dropped off a friend because of something like this...

It's not bad energy, it's normal human reaction. You will feel the same way if it's you.

Don't you know that you can work for a company for a long time without pay increase, and you may not complain or feel bad.

But when they employ someone who possesses the same qualifications and skill, and pay the person higher than you, you'll feel bad & unappreciated.

At that point it dawn's on you that your company have the capacity to increase your pay but they're not doing it.

It's now left for you to request for pay increase or continue with the status quo.

The fact that they increased Op's salary immediately shows that they value him & knew all along that he's supposed to earn more than they were paying him, yet they didn't bother to increase it because it would mean more expenses for them.

That's how most employer's behave. Even if they know you worth more than they are paying you, they'll never increase your salary until you request for it or inform them that you're resigning.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

The Lord is your strength. I envy the courage you summoned to act smartly. Always try to relate and work with him (your friend) as a friend and as a boss, in respect to your company's policy and job ethics. Counsel him, if need be, and contribute any innovative idea you know will help strengthen the company. With that, your friend will continue to appreciate you in kind, not forgetting you contribution as regards his getting the job.

I wish you the best. Chao, as the Italian man would say.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Stanley3562(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lol grin
At least this got what you wanted shikina cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Starz825(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
Oga your friend being placed ahead of you...na destiny ...yes that's his destiny at the moment...you might even be promoted ahead of him in the future...you never can tell..destiny

Na so life be

You know how many of my friends don dey ahead of me

You know how many me sef dey ahead of...

At the end of the day... nobody is chasing anybody.....

We all running our race that will surely end someday........This is life...
only fools compare themselves with their mates.....

Op, Run your race...and always look up to God

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by phemmyfour: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

You can see that it's not good to judge quickly, if your friend didn't get X2 of your salary.....you wouldn't have demanded for a pay rise. At work, there is nothing like friendship, be professional at all cost just like your friend

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by SamOchuko: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

Nice one, greater heights

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Sweetvie: 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Good for you op
Am happy for you and i wish you all the best

Win win cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Slynation(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hmmm.....You mean your boss increased your salary just like that?? It's well o

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by REALretep(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by ravensckar(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
ezebunafo:
see that one wey your friend dey do, wey you talk say he is acting so profesional ,make i tell you na initial gra gra,pls try to update this thread in the next 4 months and tag me please, i have witness something like that a lot of times,when dey come first they will bring attitude wey go dey be like say the people wey hin meet there no sabi anything.
Why do I feel like you're referring to my HOD? After 6 months of initial gra gra, breeze blow her yansh and she calmed down. Me (her subordinate that time) wey she dey give query every 2 weeks come dey follow her siddon for management meeting based on sey she don run out of ideas and our C.E.O has realized that she was a packaged scam. cheesy cheesy

In this life ehn, consistency is key. It's never how far but how well.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by meobizy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
Erm, okay. More grease to both of you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Tgb1: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Really

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Freshgrace4life(f): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
Congratulations dear , it will always be like that, your friend will want to exhibit that kind of leadership traits but give it some time , your friend body go come down., I don experience & even seen many scenarios like that , na matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by vivavik(f): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Accept it and watch how God will promote you, if that is your desire.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Ofemmanu1: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
bigdammyj:
Noted.

Just like the way your friend got everything in one day, your letter of intent / demand was submitted today and it was approved today, your salary was increased today as well, I LOVE YOUR COMPANY

Thanks for the update.

Thats a company that treats employees as humans not like Dangote Transport Company...

Where illiterate awusa and alimajiri directors will be treating workers like camels.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2022
kolarov93:

Just tell me how dis ur comment take correlate with the topic
I am using this to make a case in the court of law.
Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by jonaifame22(m): 5:09am On Sep 24, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

God bless you bro, pls call me for any logistics biz,I use a Toyota sienna

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by GodisFirst: 5:24am On Sep 24, 2022
You did the right thing by helping your friend. Never you regret it.
You also did the right thing to approach your employer and ask for salary increase. This you would have done years back. Sometimes employers know that they are not paying the workers well but since the workers aren't complaining, they let them be as they are in business to maximise profits by any means. So nothing is wrong if an employee who knows his or her inputs in the business and knows that what he or she earns isn't commensurate with the inputs and decides to approach the employer for salary increase or negotiation.
It is actually an opportunity and a way to appraise yourself before your employer and also give the employer opportunity to act before you leave them due to poor working conditions. A smart employer will quickly increase your pay to retain you knowing fully well that your demand is justified. However, to whom much is given much is expected. Don't go and relax, ensure you continued on your efforts to sustain the new salary grade.
So whenever you have a justification to ask for more, please do. For instance, you work in a company that is doing well and you are honestly sure you are contributing adequately to the growth but you are not getting a fair share of the profits based on your inputs and inflation is dealing with you, nothing stops you approaching your employer to discuss this. He the employer fails to act to your favour, then you are free to dust off your CV without hesitation.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Microwhy: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

I am very happy

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Psoul(m): 6:56am On Sep 24, 2022
Whoknowsme:
Pls can anyone here help me with a job. I'll be so grateful

Help you so that you can finally become the boss when the person that helped you be under you and be taking orders from you... abi? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. by Pharaohny: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2022
UYEMDO35:

(A BIG WIN FOR ME)

Congratulations
Afterall naa money be the koko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / LNG Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.