Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Family Issues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Issues (1057 Views)

How Do I Get My Act Together Again. Family Issues / Family Issues..... Please Help / Family Issues!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Issues by Gracelevi: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please I need an Advice.
My husband hasn't been working for some time and I have been the one catering for the family and taken care of my children. I have two kids. My husband is from this community that they do share land to adult and children. So my husband's family has a family issue, so they needed a land to sell so that they can go for the land case and the family promised to give him back the land in a better position. My husband had to give the family my son's land without letting me know because the land is in a better position. It was someone that told me about the situation. When I confronted him, he was beating around the bush. When I threatened to fence the only land that's was giving to my children, he went to tell the elder brother and he came begging. Now I'm deeply hurt. I have been the one taken care of the family for six years. I feel so betrayed. What can I do?
Re: Family Issues by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
who paid for your son's land? IMHO if it was given to him or inherited by your husband's family then i can understand your husband's move and/or why he gave it back to solve that issue (your reaction may be the reason why he was unwilling to tell you before). if "you" paid for the land then he had no right to give it without your knowledge.

jejely wait for the family to give back a land in a better area, et voila!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Issues by main24(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
This marriage matter eh...God will see you through.
Unfortunately you are now both the husband (provider) and wife. cry
Re: Family Issues by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Gracelevi:
Please I need an Advice. When I confronted him, he was beating around the bush. When I threatened to fence the only land that's was giving to my children, he went to tell the elder brother and he came begging. Now I'm deeply hurt. I have been the one taken care of the family for six years. I feel so betrayed. What can I do?
Wait a second... why didn't your husband use the land for farming purposes during all the time he had no work? I mean if he had at least been farming the food the family ate all that time, he would have been able to help a whole lot with even that little. undecided

The only thing I can think of is this. if you have land and your husband does not work at all. Then send him off to work the land and at least bring food in regularly to the home. I am not certain why he does not work but 6 years is too long for a man with children to stay idle. You don't need a lot of land to farm the food you need at home. He can sell whatever is left over each month to bring in some money. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Issues by OperationalVehi: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... why didn't your husband use the land for farming purposes during all the time he had no work? I mean if he had at least been farming the food the family ate all that time, he would have been able to help a whole lot with even that little. undecided

The only thing I can think of is this. if you have land and your husband does not work at all. Then send him off to work the land and at least bring food in regularly to the home. I am not certain why he does not work but 6 years is too long for a man with children to stay idle. You don't need a lot of land to farm the food you need at home. He can sell whatever is left over each month to bring in some money. undecided
what phone did you use for that tomatoes... they look out of this world

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
OperationalVehi:
what phone did you use for that tomatoes... they look out of this world
Those are images from google pictures. I am not using bags in my garden this year but hope to use bags next year as they save a whole lot of space. undecided
Re: Family Issues by Gracelevi: 12:12am On Sep 23, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
MrBrownJay1:
who paid for your son's land? IMHO if it was given to him or inherited by your husband's family then i can understand your husband's move and/or why he gave it back to solve that issue (your reaction may be the reason why he was unwilling to tell you before). if "you" paid for the land then he had no right to give it without your knowledge.

jejely wait for the family to give back a land in a better area, et voila!

What if at the end of the day, the land issue wasn't resolved. How would my son get back the land?
Re: Family Issues by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:25am On Sep 23, 2022
Gracelevi:
What if at the end of the day, the land issue wasn't resolved. How would my son get back the land?

its your husband's family issue (the same family who gave your son that land) and therefore you have to trust that they will give a land back when they resolve the issue.... but most importantly, not giving the land back would make you and your husband look ungrateful to that family.

dont be negative about the issue....your son will get back the land and if he doesnt they that would be something that you will have to discuss with your husband, and ultimately accept it as a bad decision he took. stop focussing on the land and/or your son, and instead stand by your husband/family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Issues by frozen70(f): 2:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Gracelevi:
Please I need an Advice.
My husband hasn't been working for some time and I have been the one catering for the family and taken care of my children. I have two kids. My husband is from this community that they do share land to adult and children. So my husband's family has a family issue, so they needed a land to sell so that they can go for the land case and the family promised to give him back the land in a better position. My husband had to give the family my son's land without letting me know because the land is in a better position. It was someone that told me about the situation. When I confronted him, he was beating around the bush. When I threatened to fence the only land that's was giving to my children, he went to tell the elder brother and he came begging. Now I'm deeply hurt. I have been the one taken care of the family for six years. I feel so betrayed. What can I do?

How could he risk the inheritance of your children and why with the one that is well positioned at a good site

If it hasn't really be sold, let him return it and trade with his own

Meanwhile, if you have the money, start buying properties in your names, not in his town but in places where you can build for your residential and commercial

I don't know if he has any good plans for himself

Which man does things without telling his wife especially where children are involved

What your husband did is called gambling

So start investing and don't drag lands with them before they wond you

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by Threesha(f): 4:35am On Sep 23, 2022
There's a mini flat in Ijegun-Ikotun Lagos

Tiles
Interlocking floor
Parking space
Water

Rent
=N= 200,000
Call zero 8 15 one 346 five 7 nine

Kindly share or rebroadcast.

Thank you
Re: Family Issues by Gracelevi: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2022
frozen70:

How could he risk the inheritance of your children and why with the one that is well positioned at a good site

If it hasn't really be sold, let him return it and trade with his own

Meanwhile, if you have the money, start buying properties in your names, not in his town but in places where you can build for your residential and commercial

I don't know if he has any good plans for himself

Which man does things without telling his wife especially where children are involved

What your husband did is called gambling

So start investing and don't drag lands with them before they wond you
I feel so sad about the decision he took. When knows that I never take any decision without telling him. I feel so betrayed.
Re: Family Issues by ibechris(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2022
This man should have respected himself now.

What then is marriage when he can't let his wife be part of the decision such as this.

This woman needs to be consoled and patted.
For 6 years u have been taking care of him should have even made him to respect the union the more.

Sorry madam and respect the apology from his brother.

When u hear say marriage no dey easy,na like this e dey be.
Don't be angrier than this...things are about changing in this country,the reign of the chief nebuchadnezzar is about to end. Good jobs will certainty come and this family shall smile again.

Good luck to u.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues by Gracelevi: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2022
ibechris:
This man should have respected himself now.

What then is marriage when he can't let his wife be part of the decision such as this.

This woman needs to be consoled and patted.
For 6 years u have been taking care of him should have even made him to respect the union the more.

Sorry madam and respect the apology from his brother.

When u hear say marriage no dey easy,na like this e dey be.
Don't be angrier than this...things are about changing in this country,the reign of the chief nebuchadnezzar is about to end. Good jobs will certainty come and this family shall smile again.

Good luck to u.
Amen. Thank you
Re: Family Issues by 2goodbobo(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Talk about the matter at hand which is the land he sacrificed without your consent and leave the “ I am the one taking care of my Family for 6Years”

Is your Husband you don’t need to tell the whole world that you are the one providing for the Family.

Your Husband is wrong for not consulting you about the land and you have every right to be mad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Issues by Kemadealadire(f): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2022
Hmmn.
Re: Family Issues by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2022
Make them sign an agreement that they will give it back after a certain period of time.

Even if the agreement is in writing and both parties have signed, it would still be a valid one.

If they refuse to give it back in the future, you can then take them to court.

And make sure that there are witnesses when you guys sign, in fact, they should sign too.
Gracelevi:
Please I need an Advice.

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by frozen70(f): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
Gracelevi:

I feel so sad about the decision he took. When knows that I never take any decision without telling him. I feel so betrayed.

Is alright
Start using wisdom now
Re: Family Issues by Helpout12345: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Well done madam for supporting your husband. I hope he gets his feet back soon.

Yes, he was supposed to inform you before giving out the land. But since he and the family have apologized, please forgive them. It's still a family affair.

There's nothing you can do for now than to continue to remind your husband to follow up with his kinsmen from time to time to get another plot reassigned to your son.
Re: Family Issues by Helpout12345: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
Make them sign an agreement that they will give it back after a certain period of time.

Even if the agreement is in writing and both parties have signed, it would still be a valid one.

If they refuse to give it back in the future, you can then take them to court.

And make sure that there are witnesses when you guys sign, in fact, they should sign too.

Written agreement might not work here, except there was written agreements when the family initially allocated the land to her son. This is completely cultural land sharing practice in Nigeria. Most times, there is no written agreement when the land are shared.

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
How can a family man stay idle for six years doing nothing? I cant understand

A man has a functioning healthy body, yet can't cater for his family,

The Bible says "a man that cannot provide for his family is worse than an "INFIDEL"

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by emmanuelbrown26: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
2goodbobo:
Talk about the matter at hand which is the land he sacrificed without your consent and leave the “ I am the one taking care of my Family for 6Years”

Is your Husband you don’t need to tell the whole world that you are the one providing for the Family.

Your Husband is wrong for not consulting you about the land and you have every right to be mad
U see at d bolded, always expect it from a woman. A man would feed d whole family for decades but once a woman feed d family for a day, d whole world would definitely hear it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Issues by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 24, 2022
Cultural or no cultural, we now live in the 21st century and everything always has a beginning.

As long as the family can acknowledge that the land was given to the son and then put everything in writing with witnesses present, it will help in the nearest future.
Helpout12345:

Written agreement might not work here, except there was written agreements when the family initially allocated the land to her son. This is completely cultural land sharing practice in Nigeria. Most times, there is no written agreement when the land are shared.

1 Like

Re: Family Issues by Connoisseur(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2022
2goodbobo:

You understood the point.

@op if he were providing for the smoky, would you still feel this way
Re: Family Issues by Sweetvie: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2022
Don't drag anything with family e get why
Just leave them and see how things goes
Las las if you see u don't benefit anything from them tell him to start looking for work that u can't cope smiley
Re: Family Issues by Helpout12345: 12:35am On Sep 25, 2022
Samantha123:
Cultural or no cultural, we now live in the 21st century and everything always has a beginning.

As long as the family can acknowledge that the land was given to the son and then put everything in writing with witnesses present, it will help in the nearest future.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Family Issues by Cutehector(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2022
I agree the man is wrong..

But i want to ask a question.

Why cant a woman just stop broadcasting to the whole nation how she fed a man!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Getting To University Has Become An Obsession / I Lost Ma Mum / Help! Advice Needed: Peeps Are Horrible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.