Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67660 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Don't b stupid
like your mother? If really you are a lady then you are a foolish slave that don't want to be free.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by asanausana91: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Karleb:

Who is this frustrated soul now?

The man has the right to demand she wears a head scarf anywhere. It does not matter whether he is wrong or right to demand that.

CNN needs the news more than he needs to clear the air about the killings in his country.

Her CV does not matter here. People have also demanded they be allowed to wear scarf even where it's not allowed and necessary and they got what they wanted.
foolish people like you would have started killing innocent Christian if Amanpour had told the useless man to remove his cap. You would have called it blasphemy and start killing.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by jonnieoneng: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
DonXavi:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/middleeast/iran-president-ebrahim-raisi-christiane-amanpour-intl/index.html

The guy is a Religious Bigot! It's to hide the obvious fact that he has nothing productive to tell the World!

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Lawag3: 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force? . This same evil western media were the ones screaming and shouting when Qatar said they don't want gays flag and beer drinkers at their country during the world cup. The same western media criticised Qatar and eventually tried using their world power leaders to force qatar to rescind that decision. What kind of Evil people are these? Is it by force

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president as an extremist?. They have always want to bring him down, and they eventually have their chance on a world stage like UNGA . They finally hit the jackpot, that singular refusal will be stream and deliberate on for 24hours Non-stop. You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

The laws of Iran doesn't apply on American soil

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by usagee36: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
His mad. Fvck Islam and Christianity. It's a scam.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Originalsly:

Is it a requirement to wear the hijab in the US? No. She has the right to not wear it. Is it a requirement for him to give her the interview? No. He has the right to not show up. Is it he who wanted the interview?... or is it she? She. So who is the loser? She shot herself in the foot. She craved for the opportunity to be the first to interview an Iranian President on American soil and lost it because she refused to wear a scarf.

There is a time and place for everything.

If she wanted to show support for the Iranian women protesting against the wearing of hijab ... this was not the time nor the place for her to do it.

Here in New York, or anywhere else outside of Iran, I have never been asked by any Iranian president – and I have interviewed every single one of them since 1995 – either inside or outside of Iran, never been asked to wear a head scarf,” she said on CNN’s “New Day” program Thursday

Learn to read and understand before exposing your bigotry. You Muslims like giving what you can't take

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by SIRTee15: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Hijab is not a country's law...but a religious law...its for the islam States... if u don't want it no more , then convert to another religion... y must've man take off his hat when entering the church ? Or u will support if men also rebel against it ... if u are not comfortable with ur religions law , then change religion...u cant force what u want against ur own religion ...

Absolute freedom destroys the moral or decent fabric of the society.... life in Iran is way better than life in America...

Have u ever lived in any Islamic society? From your narrative it's obvious you ve never stepped foot on any Islamic nation.
FYI, hijab is compulsory for all women living in Islamic countries, it doesn't matter your religion, once u are in public you must cover your head.

Leaving Islam is apostasy in Islamic nation, the punishment is death if you refuse to return to Islam. This sentence is executed by the state itself sanctioned by Koran. So your talk of converting to another religion is a mirage for people living there.
Iran u supporting has sentenced people to death simply for leaving Islam. Read about Mohsen Amir-aslani and Youcef Nadarkhani.

This way you romanticising with Islam, u better be careful. The religion is toxic for women, it's a religion that oppress and restrict rights of women but allows the men to revel in their debauchery so long as they are willing to kill for the religion.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Asour: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.

That's the problem.

These guys like self awareness.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
chris31:
Irrespective of your religion respect other people religion or believes no one is born with religion
Who is to respect the beliefs of others Chris?
The Iran president or Christine

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Asour: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
Why schedule an interview with him when you know you won't put on a scarf? To score cheap political point or what? Just listen to the woman's defence? Talking as if the man forced her to wear a scarf.

Don't know why this crazy people derive some kind of joy in tarnishing the image of Islam and Muslims in general. Must you interview him without a scarf? If he isn't going to be comfortable with you interviewing him with your hair opened, why persist in the first place?

I don't know what hijab did to some people. Is just a piece of cloth. Doesn't bite anybody. So why the noise about something that you won't wear and nobody is forcing you to wear it

Show us a photo of Amanpour (who herself is an Iranian-American) wearing a scarf IN US while interviewing anyone.

He knew Amanpour would interview him.

He could have as well declined the interview without showing up.

3 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by TenQ: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
Patriotsleague:

You people let your religion get into your head. No one give a fck about your religion, the earlier you zombies understand this, the better for world peace.
As I didn't mention any religion by name, only ignorant people will give stupid judgements!

A man went to another man's country to be interviewed by another man's staff and here you are wailing about my religious stance!
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Asour: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
fiizznation:
The requested interview was just a ploy to paint Iran bad amidst the hijab controversy going on in Iran. Of course she vividly know the Iranian president won't grant her request.

Is like you don't know this western reporters.

Who's western? Amanpour is part Iranian. Raised in Iran while young.

I don't know if you're a Muslim.

These Shiites behave as if there was no Iran pre-Ayatolla. Very intolerant fellows. Their stance (of no compromise) is not sustainable. And I'm not talking about their fights with the US.

I'm talking about personal freedoms within Iran.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Learn to read and understand before exposing your bigotry. You Muslims like giving what you can't take

Hmmm..... I'm a bigot and a Muslim because I said the Christian was the loser. You just exposed yourself.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lawag3:

The laws of Iran doesn't apply on American soil

So does law of americans doesnt apply on Qatar soil..

Double standard.

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Tonytonex(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2022
USA and other countries should make their own laws on dressing too. Let's say for example suit and no cap or hijab. Let's see .
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2022
Originalsly:

Hmmm..... I'm a bigotry and a Muslim because I said the Christian was the lover. You just exposed yourself.
You're a bigot because you're supporting the Iranian president who wants to force his beliefs on her.
Meanwhile same Muslims are fighting for girls right to wear hijab to Christian schools.
Bigots and hypocrites!
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by justli: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
This is very good from the president. This highlights the hypocrisy from the left: they force their ideology on others.
The president's point is very clear: how do you like it when I impose when way of life on you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Its the hypocrisy by western media... u force urs on kids and condemn another nation for doing about same on something that has existed for centuries... have u ever seen their presidents hair...he covers his own
The Western media forces according to you lgbtq on their kids not yours. They have not asked Nigerian children to embrace lgbtq.
Meanwhile, the president of Iran wants to force a US journalist to wear headcover just because he does too.
Same Muslims have been fighting Christians in Nigeria that their children must wear hijab to Christian schools

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Gnosis777: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force? . This same evil western media were the ones screaming and shouting when Qatar said they don't want gays flag and beer drinkers at their country during the world cup. The same western media criticised Qatar and eventually tried using their world power leaders to force qatar to rescind that decision. What kind of Evil people are these? Is it by force

(If iranians doctrines are not apply in USA, so is USA gay laws not applied in Qatar. They should stop crying when something is against them, that is the highest form of hypocrisy! Pure double standard.)

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president as an extremist?. They have always want to bring him down, and they eventually have their chance on a world stage like UNGA . They finally hit the jackpot, that singular refusal will be stream and deliberate on for 24hours Non-stop. You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission. He should get a statue, he is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

Your post has so much truth in it! And I totally agree with what you said about how Jesus would have been treated if he existed in this era of time. From the "forced" gay LGBTQMNOPXYZ agenda, the trans agenda and every other freakish thing that the West tries to force down the throats of others; they would have very well painted Jesus a devil because he would have refused to go along with it. They truly cannot stand anyone that stands their ground and refuses to bow to their madness. I read a post yesterday where some white journalist was interviewing the Kenyan president and she wanted to discuss his viewpoints on "gay" issues, and the Kenyan president pretty much told her that he wasn't interested in doing so, and this witch was so incensed by the Kenyan president's response. The arrogance of these people is so nauseating to say the least.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Spandau: 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
This shows how rotten and immoral you are....

How could you justify your statement?

Shameless polytheist trinitarian pagans

People woth evil mind and corrupt souls

You and your parents are advocates of Nudity and unclothedness....i dont blame you...

You are born and brought up in such an evil society where sex and alcoholism is widely practiced...

Only God can measure the amount of evil and hatred resident in your heart against people of other cultures and beliefs. Only God knows. Someone refusing to cover just her head translates to nudity? You are mentally gone,dude.

2 Likes

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Priceless200(f): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
That one idiot. There's always that one foolish person with the first blind opposing comment, not that they make sense o. But will always drop it anyways. Always crying foul foul of an evil plot. Sighsss.

Even when this anumpama country women sees the wrong in what he is doing, thus one fool will always not see it.

They always exist. But but, God why??!! angry

lhordspy:

(If iranians doctrines are not apply in USA, so is USA gay laws not applied in Qatar. They should stop crying when something is against them, that is the highest form of hypocrisy! Pure double standard.)

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Helpout12345: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
CNN, the number 1 fake news in the world and media propaganda outlet of the democrats in the U.S

Why is CNN arranging to interview their enemy ? Does Biden give interview to Iranian propaganda news outlets ?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Idaytesj29(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
imam07:
So as a media organization, to you they should not put it public. Why will they to put it public when they did not commit any crime. Tell us what they will gain from it. You only selfish reasons for going against her and CNN. She did not say she will not wear ijab if d interview takes place in Iran. Is very ridiculous for someone like you surpporting an enforcement of another law in United state. For your life, do u even pray make u travel go iran. U hate united state of America but u wish to go their. Thus is d highest level of hypocrisy. Religion have blocked your sense of reasoning right. Emancipate yourself from this religious slavery. Asuming someone comes to your home and start dictating how u should live your life. How will u feel. Make u put yourself in people's shoes b4 judging others.

What is this one saying? Imagine all the trash you put up there. Read your reply well and read what you quote and ask yourself if you really understood what was said.

Abeg park well.

I don't have time for rubbish. Stop quoting me
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Nice one Amanpour. To he'll with the head slammer
Obviously this Iranian President is very stupid for demanding such in an interview outside Iran.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Karleb(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
asanausana91:
foolish people like you would have started killing innocent Christian if Amanpour had told the useless man to remove his cap. You would have called it blasphemy and start killing.

How you assumed I'm a Muslim still amazes me.

I'm a Christian, get that into your confused brain.

You are losing it with your further replies.

Americans kill their citizens too.
America is one of the reasons the world, especially the middle east will not be peaceful till tomorrow.

Who questions that?

I'm not supporting Iran in any way, because as far as I'm concerned, it's a shithole country but Americans or Nigerians do not have the moral standards to question them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by OdefaGirl(f): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
He knew what was coming for him, there wouldn't be any easy way to shy away from the interview than to demand for such ridiculous request.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Priceless200:
That one idiot. There's always that one foolish person with the first blind opposing comment, not that they make sense o. But will always drop it anyways. Always crying foul foul of an evil plot. Sighsss.

Even when this anumpama country women sees the wrong in what he is doing, thus one fool will always not see it.

They always exist. But but, God why??!! angry

We all can't sleep and put our head same place.

Think. Think about it

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
OdefaGirl:
He knew what was coming for him, there wouldn't be any easy way to shy away from the interview than to demand for such ridiculous request.

Your 'signature' says it all... That is all i could say to you right now
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by foolbuster: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
Head scarf kee you there. Retards everywhere disguising as normal people.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by LordOfTheGame: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Anything islamic is a no no for me. Those set of people have no respect for other people. What kind of madness is this?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Myself2(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
Religious bigot masquerading as a president.

He obviously forgot he is outside of Iran and in the US of A for that matter
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by belente(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

oga please always make your submission very brief so that I can easily pass it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK / Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.