Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy (29436 Views)

2023: Key Reasons Why Peter Obi's Movement Remains Strong / Charlyboy: Buhari Will Look Like A Saint If Tinubu Or Atiku Becomes President / Charlyboy, protesters storm US Embassy over Buhari’s removal of CJN Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
Entertainer and activist, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy, has provided his reason for joining the ‘Obidient’ movement ahead of the 2023 general elections.

According to the 72-year-old activist, who spoke to DAILY POST during the week, the current administration has failed Nigerians and has given no hope for the common man. hence the search for change.

Charly boy believes strongly that Peter Obi, a former Anambra State Governor and presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, would bring about the socio-economic changes the country requires to move from where it is now.

“It is about bad governance and how to change that equation and status quo,” the veteran entertainer told DAILY POST in an interview.

Charly Boy further stated that Nigerians must change their mindsets towards those they elect into power, insisting that one of the biggest problems is that the people remove themselves from governance and feel it is not their business and do not mount pressure on their leaders to do the right thing.

He also said that nothing would change if Peter Obi goes in there and Nigerians still maintain the ‘nothing concern me’ mindset.

“You know when you get to a certain position, you need a certain discipline and know how to guide yourself; if not, you are hijacked by psychopaths and these psychopaths know the game and will cage you and hold you to ransom.

“I believe this country lies in the hands of the youth and they have to fight.

“There’s this mindset of ‘my thief is better than your own thief; as far my thief is in government it is ok’.

“When I am not benefiting it becomes a problem and we start attacking ourselves. That is why they play their game so well in the sense of using tribal sentiment, religious bigotry to further divide us.

“We have to do what we have to do. I will tell the young people that they are gaining momentum and they have the population. That is the strength. They are technically savvy although these criminals are using the same young people

“When we have more people on the side of the truth, maybe something will happen.

“Nigerian youths understand the situation and are dealing with it. The rigging I hear some people are planning.

“I hear there is a plan going on, which is vote buying. Some people intend to collect the money and vote their conscience. The only place we have a major problem is the rigging.”

DAILY POST

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by lhordspy: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Being blind is the toughest test for anyone. A blind man cannot see things, read books, or recognize faces, but there are a few people whose hearts are filled with blindness. An ignorant heart neither knows the truth nor acknowledges the righteousness and ability of a person.

They are only blind by hatred, unthinkable lies, religious sentimentalism, unrealistic facts, cheap propaganda, unproven figures and numbers by a naysayer, a fabler and liar who relies on bunch of insignificant and inconsequential crowd for votes .

These qualities make the ignorance of the heart worse than the blindness of the eyes.

-By a wise man
A political neutral nairalander.

313 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by WibusJaga: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Yoruba1stson: 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
On Tinubu's mandate i stand gidigba

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
Make una ignore dis agbado bishops above me. They're in pain.

317 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by triple996(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
uncle gaybreal cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by TheWorldNearEnd(f): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2022
That is the spirit. Charly Boy is always a strong supporter of PO.

151 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
your tears dey give me erection, always .
lhordspy:
Being blind is the toughest test for anyone. A blind man cannot see things, read books, or recognize faces, but there are a few people whose hearts are filled with blindness. An ignorant heart neither knows the truth nor acknowledges the righteousness of a person.

They are only blind by hatred, bunch of insignificant crowd, Cheap lies, religious sentimentalism, unrealistic facts, propaganda and unproven figures and numbers by a naysayer, a fabler and liar.

These qualities make the ignorance of the heart worse than the blindness of the eyes.

-by a wise man
24-09-22

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Antyislam: 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
But to be very honest Peter obi is the best among them

228 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Period007(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2022
If you hear say any BAT die
na the Abuja rally pictures kill am

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by yemmit90: 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
Antyislam:
But to be very honest Peter obi is the best among them

What makes you believes he is the best among them?

Note: I am not Tinubu or Atiku supporter o, just asking you a logical question we should all ask ourselves before we make our choice.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by StrongAlphMale: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
femisplash:
Delusion of an old crazy shameless ipob man powered by Mkpurummiri.

It’s unfortunate that Peter Obi’s emergence which is now a silver lining has come with complications. Tinubu has a presidential ticket, nobody is saying it’s a Yoruba ticket.

” Atiku has a ticket, nobody is saying it’s a Fulani ticket. But Peter Obi got a ticket and everybody is shouting:’It’s Igbo presidency. Some even try to link him with the Biafra agitation.

” Have they tried to associate Tinubu with the Oduduwa self determination agitation? Or Atiku within the Fulani herdsmen menace or the banditary in the North?

189 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by StrongAlphMale: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
This is pure organic love for our incoming president, if you yet to join the movement do so now, to be counted among those that stood and fought for better naija, this country must work in our lifetime. All hail OBidient"

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Channel54: 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
lhordspy:
Being blind is the toughest test for anyone. A blind man cannot see things, read books, or recognize faces, but there are a few people whose hearts are filled with blindness. An ignorant heart neither knows the truth nor acknowledges the righteousness and ability of a person.

They are only blind by hatred, unthinkable lies, religious sentimentalism, unrealistic facts, cheap propaganda, unproven figures and numbers by a naysayer, a fabler and liar who relies on bunch of insignificant and inconsequential crowd for votes.

-By a wise man

See this smelling thing wailing all over the place, jobless mofo

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by KingKO22: 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
We dash Bitter Obituary to IPOB as their President grin

We don't want a dullard with zero integrity as our president in Nigeria

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by femisplash: 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

It’s unfortunate that Peter Obi’s emergence which is now a silver lining has come with complications. Tinubu has a presidential ticket, nobody is saying it’s a Yoruba ticket.

” Atiku has a ticket, nobody is saying it’s a Fulani ticket. But Peter Obi got a ticket and everybody is shouting:’It’s Igbo presidency. Some even try to link him with the Biafra agitation.

” Have they tried to associate Tinubu with the Oduduwa self determination agitation? Or Atiku within the Fulani herdsmen menace or the banditary in the North?
Obi has never for once condemned Ipob atrocities in the SE, it's no coincidence that Igbos have been absolved into the Obidient movement and the chants of zoo has suddenly been suspended till he loses at the polls. If dem born Obi well, let him come out and issue a statement against ipob terrorism burning down the east.

311 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by KingKO22: 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

Pain!!!!!

Pandora Bitter Obituary is IPOB movement.

Anything after the dot in a circle communities. He is a nonentity.

A dullard and unpatriotic pig cannever be our president in Nigeria

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Starships4u(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
All of us are SIR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by ORAFA(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
Great
Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by StormpyBee: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
No better choice than PO

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Flamethehussler: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by StrongAlphMale: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
KingKO22:

Pain!!!!!

Pandora Bitter Obituary is IPOB movement.

Anything after the dot in a circle communities. He is a nonentity.

A dullard and unpatriotic pig cannever be our president in Nigeria

This one is obviously senseless. Oga I'm from Edo State and I asked you a very simple question you're screaming pain. Between you and me who is pained?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Dmeji4444(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Every Igbo man get the same reason

4 Likes

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Tonypen247(m): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
H
Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Abfinest007(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
Who nor like better thing

4 Likes

Re: Why I’m Encouraged About Peter Obi Movement – Charlyboy by Kingozymandias(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
grin

All Nigerians too. Every honest hard-working, truthful Nigerian man and woman are also encouraged.
Then ther are the Agbado munching gorillas who are butter and hateful. They hate the love we have for Peter Obi, they hate the support and encouragement we give Peter Obi..they are envious and hate filled because their leader Tinubu can't get such love without bringing out bullion van of money.

Their mind can't fathom what true love is ... They are confused. All that comes from them is hat.thid tribe said this this tribe said that..ipob this ipob that, Religion this religion that . They are a hateful breed of human beings just like their candidate Asiwaju Tinubu.

But my joy at the end of the day is their tears are delicious. Let them cry more and more. They more the cry the more Peter Obi gatehrs more followers across Nigeria grin

They are powerless because they don't know how to connect with the masses other than vote buying or hatred and slander as they did to Goodluck Jonathan.

But all their tricks are falling them now so they are afraid grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohammed Adoke Rejects EFCC Custody, Prefers Kuje Prison / 2023: Timipre Sylva Joins Bayelsa Guber Race / Ayo Olowonihi: Appeal Court Reverses Magu’s Demotion Of EFCC Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.