Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket (359 Views)

Ayade Takes Over Cross River North APC Senate Ticket / Ahmad Lawan: Buhari Will Be Challenged Under Me – Senate President Vows / Kwara Governor Drops Senate Ticket Under Pressure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by kahal29: 4:25am On Sep 25, 2022
The Rivers State Government yesterday described as false media reports quoting Governor Nyesom Wike as saying that the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, offered him a senatorial ticket.

The government, in a statement signed by Wike’s Special Assistant, Media, Kelvin Ebiri, said that there was no time during the governor’s media chat on Friday he made such a statement.

He said the story was false, baseless and ludicrous as the Rivers State governor “throughout the media chat never mentioned the name of the APC presidential candidate or alluded to him offering him a senatorial ticket.”

Attached to the statement was the transcript of Wike’s interview in which he said: ‘First of all, this is how you know those who are prepared to run an election. Some of them collected presidential form at the same time collected senatorial form. You’ll know that those people are not serious to run.

‘I never collected senatorial form. Even after the whole thing, people said come and go for Senate, I said no, I won’t do that. I’ve already made a commitment that this Senate ticket should be zoned to this area (Etche) because they’ve never had it before. I must not be in power.’

Ebiri urged the unsuspecting public not to give any credence to “this false, baseless and ill motivated reports.”

Meanwhile, Wike travelled to London shortly after his Friday media parley.

With him in London is Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State.

https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-i-never-said-tinubu-offered-me-senate-ticket/

https://www.thecable.ng/wike-said-people-not-tinubu-advised-him-to-vie-for-senate-seat-aide-clarifies/amp
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by senijah: 4:28am On Sep 25, 2022
people eeh
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Corridon: 4:32am On Sep 25, 2022
Wike shouldn't make a quick u turn. We all know how corrupt and dishonest Tinubu is. Reason why we the Yorubas have asked God to dismantle him because he doesn't mean well for us.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by KingKO22: 4:32am On Sep 25, 2022
How would Tinubu offered sanatoria ticket? Tinubu na INEC ?

Mischievous IPOB are the one with campaign of calumny against our cityboy

All the efforts of IPOB shall be in futility.

Asiwaju lo kan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Abdul05: 4:34am On Sep 25, 2022
obituaries are now turning to something else.

And,most of them are from the Eastern part of Nigeria who see nothing wrong in propagating fake news to their fellow citizens...... cheesy grin

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by koolhayde(f): 4:36am On Sep 25, 2022
Okay
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Corridon: 4:36am On Sep 25, 2022
KingKO22:
How would Tinubu offered sanatoria ticket? Tinubu na INEC ?

Mischievous IPOB are the one with campaign of calumny against our cityboy

All the efforts of IPOB shall be in futility.

Asiwaju lo kan.
See him below.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by KingKO22: 4:44am On Sep 25, 2022
Corridon:
See him below.
Is that why millions of your unfortunate blothers from cursed Republic of cannibal Biafuro want to die in Lagos grin

Bitter Obituary couldn't built Anambra to the standard of Dubai thats why Nyamirin are trooping to Lagos your Obodo London for survival. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by OXYZ: 4:48am On Sep 25, 2022
The mischief makers out there should always remember that there is karma for all our actions,we always reap what we sow.
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Corridon: 4:48am On Sep 25, 2022
KingKO22:

Is that why millions of your unfortunate blothers from cursed Republic of cannibal Biafuro want to die in Lagos grin

Bitter Obituary couldn't built Anambra to the standard of Dubai thats why Nyamirin are trooping to Lagos your Obodo London for survival. grin
Tinubu is looting Lagos dry. We will reject him at the polls. He is sick

Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Abdul05: 5:26am On Sep 25, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:

The day your wife cheats on you due to your inability to erect your flaccid penis, you will find a way to blame it on Peter Obi.
says who? A dead body who seems partly alive

Zombiedient... Living deadgrin grin grin grin
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by lhordspy: 5:28am On Sep 25, 2022
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by mcmurphy132(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2022
Believe Omo Igbo at ur Pril
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 25, 2022
Then who did
Re: Wike: I Never Said Tinubu Offered Me Senate Ticket by Mynd44: 7:40am On Sep 25, 2022

(1)

2023: Why We Decide To Support Peter Obi – Ayo Adebanjo / Get Well Soon Tinubu. / Bribery Scandal: PDP NWC Members Return N122.4 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.