Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real (4663 Views)

Ejikeme Mmesoma’s Result Is Fake! Nothing To Investigate- Olabisi Deji-Folutile / Scam Alert! Is This Nairalander Trying To Use My Name To Scam People? / WAEC Result Upgrade Is Fake See Why You Should Not Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Rhumor(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Being able to know if the credit alert you received is fake or real is very important because some fraudulent people capitalise on the naivety of others to defraud them. If you don’t know how to distinguish between a fake credit alert and a real one, then the information contained in this piece would be important to you.

In this piece, we are going to be theoretically examining how to know if a credit alert is real or fake. So next time you receive any alert for services rendered or goods purchased, you will be able to determine the authenticity.

(How to Identify Fake And Real Credit Alert In Nigeria)

1. The first and perhaps easiest way is quickly checking your bank application or dialing your bank USSD code to know the balance. If someone claims to have credited you and perhaps you don’t like how the alert looks, you can immediately verify the authenticity of the transaction by checking your balance.

2. Secondly, look out for account balance in the credit alert text. Each time a credit transactions occurs on your account, it often reflects in the balance immediately which can also be seen in the credit alert text. If for any reason, the remaining balance on your account don’t come alongside the credit alert, then you should know that it’s a fake alert.

There are many applications fraudulent people use to send their clients fake alerts for which many gullible people fall prey to. So if your balance doesn’t show up alongside the credit alert, you can double check by using your mobile application to check your balance.

3. The last step or way of finding out if an alert is fake is by checking the email you used in creating your bank account. Whenever a transaction occurs on your account, the notification is often sent to both your email and phone number. In a situation whereby, you doubt the authenticity of the credit alert you received, simply login to your email and check whether the alert was also sent to your mail, if it’s not there, then it’s certainly fake.

Never accept or confirm receipt of money when the alert looks fake. Check and double check to be sure you are not being played on.

Thanks, share and ask to join our WhatsApp and telegram channel for direct updates.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
Even bank apps sef dey confirm balance...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2022
Thanks for sharing. Many people has fallen victim of this evil act.

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Mikespecialone(m): 1:09am On Sep 26, 2022
Some mumu go still fall prey after reading this

4 Likes

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by blaquemyc: 1:43am On Sep 26, 2022
If after reading this you still fall victim of this cheap scam, dem suppose wipe beta 2by2 for back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by edogu(m): 1:57am On Sep 26, 2022
As you are busy thinking of how to make money through legal means, another man is somewhere busy thinking of how to swindle you of your hard earned money. May we never fall victim to scammers, Amen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by oz4real83(m): 3:14am On Sep 26, 2022
I receive bank notifications through text and my email address, if you succeed in forging a credit alert text message, you can't succeed with my email alert, infact the email alert comes faster than text message alert and it never fails cheesy cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by phemmyfour: 4:59am On Sep 26, 2022
No story....check Acc balance

Na only me Sabi my previous balance, you have to be a genius to come up with accurate account bal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Redstubpen: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2022
Erm em em...but Sir have you ever been played?
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by mytime24(f): 6:20am On Sep 26, 2022
K
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by detectivejones: 6:37am On Sep 26, 2022
Educative piece. Thanks
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by DanieleLorenzo: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2022
I'm most certain that I can't be hoodwinked by "fake alert" The hell man?
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by lordsand: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2022
thanks for your advice.people who has fell in the trap will now learn from it
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by iHateFraudsters: 8:08am On Sep 26, 2022
lordsand:
thanks for your advice.people who has fell in the trap will now learn from it

R.I.P English.

And please don't tell me English is not your mother tongue because you would have written this post in your mother tongue.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by UrProguy: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2022
Since one of my customers did flash fund on my access account, I dey fear to put money there. I saw the money in the night, the next morning it disappeared, omo I para oo
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2022
Any transactions alert sent to me without revealing my acct bal it's not for me....
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by drmuchin: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Very important Life hack
A word is enough for the wise
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by TrulyTemitayo: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
You should always check your account balance immediately you get an alert. Thanks OP!
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Orobokibo1: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2022
This life Sha
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by id4sho(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
I was sent 2k using palmpay. It was successful on the App and it's 2days my account is yet to be credited . Don't know if it's new format or something, make I bundle the boy.
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Nicepoker(m): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
In some banks your previous balance doesn't come along side the current alert.
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by Tokskob2008: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
id4sho:
I was sent 2k using palmpay. It was successful on the App and it's 2days my account is yet to be credited . Don't know if it's new format or something, make I bundle the boy.
It's most likely a new format cos i overhead one of those guys marketing Opay pos machines that he knows some of guys in the same line of work who can generate fake transfer receipts using those apps.
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by chiboy441(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
It was an amazing information, probably will help some one in here. However, better check via mobile app, or call bank yourself to confirm.
Re: How To Know If A Credit Alert Is Fake Or Real by ugosilva: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Very informative

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For First Class And Distinction Graduates / 7 Easy Ways To Migrate To Canada / Archeologist Says A New Ocean Is Been Formed To Split Africa In Half

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.