Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye (1381 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by gfus: 2:30am On Aug 14, 2011
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has said that 80 babies have been delivered since the 59thAnnual Convention of the church began on Monday.

Adeboye, who made the announcement at the Redemption Camp on Saturday, said 37 of the babies were boys while 42 were girls.

The pastor, who expressed happiness over the development, said “the boys are catching up with the girls’’.

http://www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/13/80-babies-delivered-at-rccg-convention-adeboye/
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2011
Where the babies conceived and delivered within the 5 days of the convention? if not what is the point in announcing number of babies born during the convention if not than to create the manipulative impression that the babies being born had something to do with the 'annointing' at the convention.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 11:39am On Aug 14, 2011
@pastor Kun:

Nothing wrong with the announcement - would you prefer them to announce that 80 people died? Safe delivery is something ALL of us celebrate and thank whatever we serve for so Adeboye didn't do anything untoward
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2011
@nuke
Whilst there is nothing wrong in announcing the birth of babies the deliberate and routine announcement of the birth of babies in every rccg event in my opinion serves to manipulate people into thinking the 'miracle' occurred as a result of attending thgeir rccg function whereas the women involved just happened to be due during the event. I have heard rccg members on several occasions present this story of babies being born as if it is a miracle occurring in camp. One has to realise that every major event at camp attracts upto a million visitors of which there are several pregnant women some of whom are due. So presenting the births as something attributable to attending rccg is anything but pure manipulation.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2011
gfus:

Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has said that 80 babies have been delivered since the 59thAnnual Convention of the church began on Monday.

Adeboye, who made the announcement at the Redemption Camp on Saturday, said 37 of the babies were boys while 42 were girls.

The pastor, who expressed happiness over the development, said “the boys are catching up with the girls’’.

http://www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/13/80-babies-delivered-at-rccg-convention-adeboye/

So what if 80 babies had been delivered there? I simply hope that those deliveries were safe and that the children will be immunized as needed.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2011
^^ this is disappointing - were people (anyone) happy when YOU were born? Was your birth celebrated or did they hide you from view?

I am MUCH MORE critical of these people than you, thehomer, yet what's wrong with celebrating a birth?

Or is it celebrating births that make him\them "problems"?

Plus the guy has a Ph.D I you think he'd be the midwife and cut the placenta with his teeth or shards from an empty bottle of Southern Comfort? I hold NO brief for Pastors (especially these guys) but there is nothing wrong with celebrating 80 births!

Na chicken Dem born?
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by GrayBeard: 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2011
I tire o. Pastor-bashing has become a reflex action for dis place
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by Zodiac61(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2011
were they the results of virgin births?
If so, what miracles.
If not, the man should shut up, seeing that the art of making babies (se.x) is repulsive to his god.
grin grin grin grin grin
No doubt, he will take credit for the fact that 80 members of his congregation had babies.
Of course, he will not mention those who have been praying for babies for years without success.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ this is disappointing - were people (anyone) happy when YOU were born? Was your birth celebrated or did they hide you from view?

I don't know, I was never told the story.

nuclearboy:

I am MUCH MORE critical of these people than you, thehomer, yet what's wrong with celebrating a birth?

Nothing wrong with that but what is the point of telling us how many babies were born in a certain number of days? Is he conducting a census? Will he tell us the number of people that die?

nuclearboy:

Or is it celebrating births that make him\them "problems"?

No, and I never implied that it was.

nuclearboy:

Plus the guy has a Ph.D I you think he'd be the midwife and cut the placenta with his teeth or shards from an empty bottle of Southern Comfort? I hold NO brief for Pastors (especially these guys) but there is nothing wrong with celebrating 80 births!

Na chicken Dem born?

So what if he has a Ph.D? There are young earth creationists with Ph.Ds.
Cut placenta with his teeth? grin You really have me laughing here.
Never thought there was anything wrong with giving us that figure just that if one is going to present figures for some sort of assessment, I think it is appropriate for it to be more detailed and at the very least, offer some words for those who had the deliveries and those who took the deliveries.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by LagosShia: 5:45am On Aug 15, 2011
i hope these babies were not bought from orphanages or stolen from their mothers like it has happened before with fake miracle workers and then paraded as "miracle babies"! cheesy
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2011
@thehomer:

Stop the theatrics - was the story a "quote"? Was it Adeboye that wrote and\or published it? So how do you know that was all he said without words for your supposedly victimised midwifes and mothers?

Criticism when these people are wrong is one thing but "this" seems petty.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

@thehomer:

Stop the theatrics - was the story a "quote"? Was it Adeboye that wrote and\or published it? So how do you know that was all he said without words for your supposedly victimised midwifes and mothers?

Criticism when these people are wrong is one thing but "this" seems petty.

How do you know that was not all he said? All I'm asking is what the point is. Is hoping that the deliveries were safe and that the children be immunized as needed a crime?
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^ I'm sorry but I think we see these things differently even if we agree on some things.

Call us (Christians) whatever you wish but we are not senseless. Which is why I reminded you Pastor Adeboye has a PH.D. If it was some other person, I may have kept quiet but does anyone honestly believe a doctorate degree holder would not have new babies receive vaccinations OR that he would announce "DOA"s as successes to advertise his minstry? Why? Why wouldn't he keep quiet rather than risk embarrassment, disgust and vituperative comments? I simply think there are laws of decency that people will not cross - I believe its called giving "benefit of doubt". All of us (including Adeboye) are allowed that, aren't we?
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Nuke
I know you have a soft spot for Adeboye despite some of his false doctrines, I used to feel the same way as well and make excuses for his heresies until I read his '100 fold return' scam he wrote in open heavens of March 17 2010 edition. I was dumbfounded by the brazen, crude, manipulative and greedy way he manipulated the teachings of christ for greedy personal gain, since then I lost the little respect I had left for him. I have now began to see him as a vicious calculating wolf in meek sheep's clothing.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^ Totally wrong and you should know better! Me, its truth and NEVER sentiment

When everyone said yaks yaps was an occultist and freemason, do you remember I said it was inconclusive?? Was that also "soft spot"?

Let us follow truth alone please and not our anger at the lies people perpetuate. I just believe the likelihood this was said in honest joy is much higher than any other motivet- we all do same so why should his own have bad motives?
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
But this 'honest joy' is as of priority repeated in every major event that rccg organises. While it seems to be an 'innocent' joyous statement, it is also calculated to create the impression in the minds of members that the babies arrived a a result of the 'annointing' in rccg. I have heard a number of their members brag as such.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ I'm sorry but I think we see these things differently even if we agree on some things.

Call us (Christians) whatever you wish but we are not senseless. Which is why I reminded you Pastor Adeboye has a PH.D. If it was some other person, I may have kept quiet but does anyone honestly believe a doctorate degree holder would not have new babies receive vaccinations OR that he would announce "DOA"s as successes to advertise his minstry? Why? Why wouldn't he keep quiet rather than risk embarrassment, disgust and vituperative comments? I simply think there are laws of decency that people will not cross - I believe its called giving "benefit of doubt". All of us (including Adeboye) are allowed that, aren't we?

I never said or implied that Christians were senseless (though some of the beliefs that they hold strongly depending on their preferred sects . . .).  His having a Ph.D doesn't guarantee safe health practices. After all, there are Ph.Ds and medical professionals who think that vaccines are bad, prayers are the best solutions for epilepsy and cardiac disease among other things.

I did give him benefit of the doubt by hoping that these children were immunized and that the delivery conditions were safe. Saying that babies were born at a certain large gathering of people for a period of several days is not really news since pregnancy is not an illness neither is delivery an illness which is why I wondered what point was being passed across.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by nuclearboy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hopefully, this is my last word

@Kun

Every (aside societal misfits of any form) baby is celebrated. E V E R Y single one! For as long as babies are still being born, they will be celebrated and "honest joy" will be worth repeating.

@homer:

Okay I hear but decency requires I give him benefit of the doubt which is all I did AS I WOULD IF IT WERE YOU!
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

Hopefully, this is my last word

@Kun

Every (aside societal misfits of any form) baby is celebrated. E V E R Y single one! For as long as babies are still being born, they will be celebrated and "honest joy" will be worth repeating.

@homer:

Okay I hear but decency requires I give him benefit of the doubt which is all I did AS I WOULD IF IT WERE YOU!

Okay then. But please note that I did give him benefit of the doubt.
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by newmi(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

@pastor Kun:

Nothing wrong with the announcement - would you prefer them to announce that 80 people died? Safe delivery is something ALL of us celebrate and thank whatever we serve for so Adeboye didn't do anything untoward
True talk

Pastor Kun:

Where the babies conceived and delivered within the 5 days of the convention? if not what is the point in announcing number of babies born during the convention if not than to create the manipulative impression that the babies being born had something to do with the 'annointing' at the convention.
l wonder why some people are so bent on being negatively programmed

Zodiac61:

were they the results of virgin births?
If so, what miracles.
If not, the man should shut up, seeing that the art of making babies (se.x) is repulsive to his god.
grin grin grin grin grin
No doubt, he will take credit for the fact that 80 members of his congregation had babies.
Of course, he will not mention those who have been praying for babies for years without success.
At least lets play the optimist and stick with the description of the cup of water being "HALF FULL" rather than describing it as being "HALF EMPTY"
And l can't admit seeing anything funny that warrants the laughter
Re: 80 Babies In 5 Days!: Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
I would recommend a DNA test for all the babies as nothing can be ruled out with all these Pente-rascals. If they can make a grown up person believe that they are robbing God if they don't hand over 10% of their income to them, then there is nothing these people can not do to deceive even the elect if it were to be possible  angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

God Created Some Other People Apart From Adam And Eve / The Alleged Corruption Of The Bible (Not For Atheists) / My Church Members Want To Murder Me- Assemblies Of God Senior Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.