Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

How The Interview Went. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How The Interview Went. (738 Views)

My Macbook Screen Went Blank / I Cant Believe I Went From 2 Hrs To 6 Hrs / Technical Details Of Why Facebook Services Went Of The Internet Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2022
So I asked for people’s advice on going for a senior FE role in this topic https://www.nairaland.com/7349413/got-invited-senior-frontend-developer . So I went for it and thought it would be fair to give you all feedback. So I got there, 5 minutes before the asserted time. A cozy and beautiful environment. To cut the story short, I was given a laptop and was asked to open the technical assessment test session where I was asked to consume an API from an endpoint, which was restricted by CORS. Then build a table and spread informations from the database across it. The api was paginated, so I have to make it 10 number of users per page. Add a button to navigate through the pages. Add a working search input too. Easy pizzy right? 1hr 30mins was the time given. But unfortunately, they said the UI should be styled with Ant Design which I wasn’t familiar with. So I styled it with just Vanilla CSS. And then, I was later told it’s going to be fully on-site. Omo, that one off me small. But let’s see how it goes, maybe the pay may attract me, if they fortunately get back to me.
But thanks to y’all for the advice. I feel so fulfilled to go.

3 Likes

Re: How The Interview Went. by Peterpan007(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2022
Best of luck bro....
Re: How The Interview Went. by Sleekcode: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2022
Hmmm

Such cheap exercise for senior role
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 9:55am On Sep 27, 2022
Sleekcode:
Hmmm

Such cheap exercise for senior role
Honestly.
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2022
Peterpan007:
Best of luck bro....
Thanks
Re: How The Interview Went. by LikeAking: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2022
Wishing you best of luck.
Re: How The Interview Went. by qtguru(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2022
jbreezy:
So I asked for people’s advice on going for a senior FE role in this topic https://www.nairaland.com/7349413/got-invited-senior-frontend-developer . So I went for it and thought it would be fair to give you all feedback. So I got there, 5 minutes before the asserted time. A cozy and beautiful environment. To cut the story short, I was given a laptop and was asked to open the technical assessment test session where I was asked to consume an API from an endpoint, which was restricted by CORS. Then build a table and spread informations from the database across it. The api was paginated, so I have to make it 10 number of users per page. Add a button to navigate through the pages. Add a working search input too. Easy pizzy right? 1hr 30mins was the time given. But unfortunately, they said the UI should be styled with Ant Design which I wasn’t familiar with. So I styled it with just Vanilla CSS. And then, I was later told it’s going to be fully on-site. Omo, that one off me small. But let’s see how it goes, maybe the pay may attract me, if they fortunately get back to me.

All the best.
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

All the best.
Thank you guru. Followed you on twitter some days back.
Re: How The Interview Went. by Fourpockets: 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
jbreezy:
Congratulations, although it seems for a senior easy I won't lie.
Re: How The Interview Went. by LUAN(m): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Congratulations.. praying to reach your . Level.. please leave an advise for me
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

Congratulations, although it seems for a senior easy I won't lie.
It is honestly. Maybe there will be another, I don’t know yet.
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
LUAN:
Congratulations.. praying to reach your . Level.. please leave an advise for me
Practice everyday like your life depends on it. And I mean it.
Re: How The Interview Went. by Deicide: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
Where you allowed to use Google?
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
Deicide:
Where you allowed to use Google?
Nah
Re: How The Interview Went. by efelico: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2022
Please I will like to know the cause of Cors error and how did you solve it. I also want to know whether you wrote the pagination logic from scratch or you use a package for it
Re: How The Interview Went. by Deicide: 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2022
efelico:
Please I will like to know the cause of Cors error and how did you solve it. I also want to know whether you wrote the pagination logic from scratch or you use a package for it
From JavaScript you can prevent defaults that'll handle the Cors error.
Re: How The Interview Went. by MikeyOz: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
Well done boss... I bet the experience will stick around for good

1 Like

Re: How The Interview Went. by Csami(m): 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2022
Just to consume API, do pagination, search and then style.

Why some companies be asking for DSA like palindrome, Fibonacci sequence, sorting, etc with whiteboard explanation and flow chart
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Deicide:
From JavaScript you can prevent defaults that'll handle the Cors error.
It’s best done from the backend sir.
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
Csami:
Just to consume API, do pagination, search and then style.

Why some companies be asking for DSA like palindrome, Fibonacci sequence, sorting, etc with whiteboard explanation and flow chart
It depends trust me. But most frontend interviews (especially in Nigeria) don’t usually ask leetcode questions. They ask practical questions majorly.
Re: How The Interview Went. by Csami(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
jbreezy:
It depends trust me. But most frontend interviews (especially in Nigeria) don’t usually ask leetcode questions. They ask practical questions majorly.

But as a senior FE developer, you know at least 2 js frameworks!? Did they ask you to use framework or just vanilla js?
Re: How The Interview Went. by jbreezy: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2022
Csami:

But as a senior FE developer, you know at least 2 js frameworks!? Did they ask you to use framework or just vanilla js?
Yeah. I know React Js and Angular. But it wasn’t stated. So I went with vanilla js.
Re: How The Interview Went. by Deicide: 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2022
jbreezy:
It’s best done from the backend sir.
is JS not back end? At least node. Though m interested in your methodology.
Re: How The Interview Went. by Csami(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
Deicide:
is JS not back end? At least node. Though m interested in your methodology.

Cors error results from a lousy script from the backend (express js). FE framework just displays the error.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy For Software Engineers/developers/programmers: Remote Work / How Do You Solve (x^3)+x-16=0 ? / Please Help With These Code Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.