Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira (5657 Views)

DOLLAR VS Naira...the Real Issue / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Built2last: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
See for yourself and understand that so long as Naira can't stand, our economy can't grow

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by ini4brandon(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
Oh my God!!!
The Ghanaians we Chased out of Nigeria in the 80s must be thanking thier god today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
APC really destroyed the economy of this country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Oblongata: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Una go just come post rubbish and others go follow comment rubbish without adequate research.

No be the same Ghana wey go copy Prof. Charles Soludo?

Their currency does not really depict the state of their economy and far worse than Nigeria.

They are operating Inorganically.

They are in no way better and Naira is way ahead of them.

Whenever you see Ghanaian currency just add 4 zeros for your mind to get the true picture.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by seunmsg(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
Olodo OP, Google Ghana Cedi redenomination. Thereafter, add back 4 zeros to the amount and that’s the real value Cedi is exchanging for. Ghanaian Cedi is actually performing far worse than the Naira.

27 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Opintiwa: 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
seunmsg:
After redenomination. Add back 4 zeros to the amount and that’s the real value Cedi is exchanging for. Ghanaian Cedi is actually performing far worse than the Naira.

My brother when you go market tell market woman say egg go come back to 10 naira it was in 2015 .

When you finish quote me here on nairaland tell me your hospital experience.
Do you know chicken you save your Urchin APC monthly money to buy is used as kola in ordinary Vietnam?

Vote wisely

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by detectivejones: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
Just watch as ignorant youths will flood this thread bashing the Naira not knowing that the 'whot looking' Cedi is at a worse state than the naira

14 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Oblongata: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
seunmsg:
Olodo OP, Google Ghana Cedi redenomination. Thereafter, add back 4 zeros to the amount and that’s the real value Cedi is exchanging for. Ghanaian Cedi is actually performing far worse than the Naira.

I no even know say e reach 4 zeros grin
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by ruggedtimi(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
Naira is still better....Op used the normal rate for ghana cedis and black market rate for naira. The 10cedis is equivalent of nigeria N1000 KWASIA OP

2 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by LadyExcellency: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
seunmsg:

Do you want to tell us that Ghana's Cedi was higher than Pounds at the time of redenomination? That's bullshit from you.

Do you want us to believe that 100,000 Cedis equals one pound by adding 0000 before redenomination? Another fat lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by seunmsg(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2022
LadyExcellency:

You want to tell us that Ghana's Cedi was higher than Pounds at the time of redenomination?

You want us to believe that 100,000 Cedis equal one pound by adding 0000?

Ghana Cedi was redenominated to C1=$1 in 2007 after removing 4 zeroes. I don’t know exactly how much it was exchanged against the pounds in 2007 but it shouldn’t be far from C1.

And yes, the correct value of Cedi to Pounds without redenomination is now above C100k. That’s how bad Ghana Cedi is performing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Jecci(f): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
The naira has more value than the cedis.

Cedis stupid currency. Wanted to convert 10,000 cedis back to naira for something and the value in naira was so shocking. Something that used to be around 700,000-800,000 naira two years ago became around 400,000 plus

5 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Vulturereloaded: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ghana economy seems to be sinking faster than Nigeria.

Its time to vacation in Ghana. grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Vulturereloaded: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2022
ini4brandon:
Oh my God!!!
The Ghanaians we Chased out of Nigeria in the 80s must be thanking thier god today.

Ghana currency is doing worse than Nigerian currency at the moment.

11 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
APC really destroyed the economy of this country

Listening to them speak, you’d be forgiven for thinking they’re the best thing to happen to Nigeria since the invention of sliced bread! They reckon Nigerians are ungrateful schmucks for not recognising all the ‘marvellous’ stuff they’ve done and ‘sacrificed’ for our benefit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Jecci(f): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2022
Don't mind them. Ghana's economy seems to be sinking far more than the Titanic ship. Nothing is going on there. The country is facing it worst financial worse.
detectivejones:
Just watch as ignorant youths will flood this thread bashing the Naira not knowing that the 'whot looking' Cedi is at a worse state than the naira

6 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by bigpicture001: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2022
Naira needs redomination also for the following reasons

1. convinience to carry around
2. National pride
3. good and effective pricing system
4. re- introduction of coins
5. safety reasons
6. cheapers cost of printing
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Jecci(f): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
It is not sinking again it has been submerged in the ocean. Nothing is going on there. The economy is in comatose state. Grand massive corruption in the government
Vulturereloaded:
Ghana economy seems to be sinking faster than Nigeria.

Its time to vacation in Ghana. grin grin wink
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by truthCoder: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2022
A lot of people will not travel from their village and be comparing online rates.

Ghana that some landlords are charging rents in USD because their cedis is so unpredictable?

Ghana has two currencies at the moment. The cedis for poor transactions and the USD for normal expensive trx.

As naira bad reach, no body is quoting car sales in USD yet in Nigeria.

The best currency in west africa presently is the XOF/CFA.

The only reason why the CFA is the best performing is that it is tied directly to the Euro as a constant rate. So you are indirectly spending the Euro.

6 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Redstubpen: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
The Economy crashing through the steeps. angry
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by LadyExcellency: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
seunmsg:

Ghana Cedi was redenominated to C1=$1 in 2007 after removing 4 zeroes. I don’t know exactly how much it was exchanged against the pounds in 2007 but it shouldn’t be far from C1.

And yes, the correct value of Cedi to Pounds without redenomination is now above C100k. That’s how bad Ghana Cedi is performing.

We are talking of pounds not dollars. There is no reference to the dollar from where I quoted.

Every currency is depreciating against the dollar hence I never used it as a point of reference.
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Nigeria can make 1 naira equal to 1 pound this afternoon by removing 2 or 3 zeros like Ghana did. It is all fugazi and rubbish. If Nigeria remove 2 zeros from our currency it will even become "stronger" than Pounds but your 10,000 Naira will now change to 100 Naira

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Perfectbeing(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
Oblongata:
Una go just come post rubbish and others go follow comment rubbish without adequate research.

No be the same Ghana wey go copy Prof. Charles Soludo?

Their currency does not really depict the state of their economy and far worse than Nigeria.

They are operating Inorganically.

They are in no way better and Naira is way ahead of them.

Whenever you see Ghanaian currency just add 3 zeros for your mind to get the true picture.

It's four zeros not three.
Only dumb people who don't know about currency redenomination will see this as news.
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Hushbingo: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hmmm

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
LadyExcellency:

We are talking of pounds not dollars. There is no reference to the dollar from where I quoted.

Every currency is depreciating against the dollar hence I never used it as a point of reference.

I already answered your question about pounds sterling. Go back to my response and read it very slowly this time around.

8 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Perfectbeing(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
bigpicture001:
Naira needs redomination also for the following reasons

1. convinience to carry around
2. National pride
3. good and effective pricing system
4. re- introduction of coins
5. safety reasons
6. cheapers cost of printing
With too much pressure on our naira, any denomination was be wrong. When our refinery is working and our steel company starts working then redenomination won't be a bad idea. The economy first need to be stable.

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by bigpicture001: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
With too much pressure on our naira, any denomination was be wrong. When our refinery is working and our steel company starts working then redenomination won't be a bad idea. The economy first need to be stable.

no... money value truely plays a role in an economy management...but all these u fear wont b a problem...it will even get stronger after re-domination.. because dangote and BUA will set the economy free from bondage
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Perfectbeing(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

no... money value truely plays a role in an economy management...but all these u fear wont b a problem...it will even get stronger after re-domination.. because dangote and BUA will set the economy free from bondage
I support redenomination whole heartedly. But let Nigeria first become industrialised first.
The only way for Nigeria to become industrialised is when the steel company starts working.

That's when I prefer redenomination

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by bigpicture001: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I support redenomination whole heartedly. But let Nigeria first become industrialised first.
The only way for Nigeria to become industrialised is when the steel company starts working.

That's when I prefer redenomination

no sir..its not true...steeel company alone doest industralize a nation...alot more do...

the naaira need to have good value to stop the suffering of Nigerians
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Moneyboyz: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ghana cedis is 4 cedis to 1 dollar last year I think. Their money is also losing its grip, hopefully they do something about it.
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by Perfectbeing(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

no sir..its not true...steeel company alone doest industralize a nation...alot more do...

the naaira need to have good value to stop the suffering of Nigerians
Steel company is the pillar of industrialisation.
It's importance can't be over emphasised
Re: See What Ghanaian Currency Now Exchange Against Pounds Vs Naira by bigpicture001: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Steel company is the pillar of industrialisation.
It's importance can't be over emphasised

see.there teo types of economy..service based economy and production based economy..u always see big industries as industrialization...one can import those mavhines and still.produce what u need at a good rate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rufai Oseni Of Aristv Don Finally Break The Table For Tinubu Head, No Fèar At Al / Peter Obi's Message On Armed Forces Remembrance Day. / NPA Gets $700 Million To Rehabilitate The Ports At Tincan Island And Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.