Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work (26876 Views)

I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by dododawa1: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Maybe he has INTEREST in you.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Joe4real1988(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
Trojan8:

People like you with ITK attitude. So if your boss wants to give you an oral instruction, you go remove phone start to dey record am?

The boss no try at all. If every statement he makes start receiving the kind of scrutiny that was required here, probably won't stay long on that job. What's the essence of working where you would be second-guessing any instruction from your boss?
The guy shock me with his reply o. One can only record oral instruction if it's planned in advance
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by OvertheTop(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
MisterMan123456:
Does he have a boss? If he does, don't be scared to report him if that money is deducted from your salary. You have a witness. It's not that you misplaced money or can't give proper account. Infact you've given proper account with a witness to back you up and follow up emails sent.
If it gets to the stage you have to report him, make sure you watch your back else he me might set you up.

let's be realistic when things are moving towards....sack or No sack, you can't count on a colleague as a witness....they will deny u

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Sebocious(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
Abilistic:
He must have been very drunk that very night or just trying to be unnecessarily WICKED.

Thank God he passed the instruction thru your colleague and you also confirmed it.

Whatever happens stood your ground.
*stand
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by OvertheTop(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
lamanda:
Hmmm....I can relate to what you're currently facing because I've been in similar shoes before, but I don't know why all this 'Hospitality Managers' like living fake life. A few of them even get to abuse their complimentary priviledge.

The truth is just make up your mind to pay because if you press him too much, he may get to pay but at the end still look for a means to set you up on the job..., no matter how hard working or smart you may be.

I'll advise you to meet him & tell him you've realised your mistake but he should kindly break the bill in instalments for you so that there will be something left from your salary.

Sorry about that....kindly see this as a practical lesson for the future.

Great advice!
Take this Advice. if you wish to remain in that job

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Iykon1313(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
If by the end of the month and you don't get your salary complete because of your Oga, go to public complaints commission and report. You will definitely get answers. But be sure of your story before going to public complaints commission.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by DeLaRue: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
Joe4real1988:
The guy shock me with his reply o. One can only record oral instruction if it's planned in advance

A recording of someone's conversation without the person's permission is unlikely to be admissible as evidence in court.

In criminal cases, you may present the recording to the police to help them in their investigation, but that's it.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Otilaw: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nigeriaiscasted:
Please I need a job in ijegun. I am good and very good in SEO and media. I have a youtube channel. Pls help me I don’t have money to even do any CV or transport that’s why I want within ijegun so I can trek to and fro I don’t mind. Something to keep me busy. I am a graduate of international relations and schooled in contonu. I love teaching and got retained after my NYSC 2016 for a year extra by my boss. I can teach literature and government EFFECTIVELY

Pls pls someone help me before my village people carry me where I no know oo.. Pls the pay isn’t important as long as I get paid without stories and it’s equivalent to my work and input. Please help me pls anyone.

Send me an email vai otilaw22@gmail.com, lemme assist you with some money to do your CV
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Phylmat80(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
My dear you have nothing to worry about. Though you should have ask him to sign something for you. But in the absence of duckett signing, since he has acknowledged your mail, I will advise that you print out the email you sent to him. Get him to sign on it, if he does you are off from the debt and if he doesn't you can still use it to clear yourself. Relax and continue your work. But be extremely careful next time.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by ajailer(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Your oga never expected you to go the official way bro. In hospitality industry there is this thing that happens in which your oga will send you on a difficult mission to see how you will handle it and if you handled it to his expectation, you will forever be his boy. He was expecting you to collect the drink from the bar without raising a docket and later he will sort it out with the barman or whoever is in charge of the drinks but now he seems to be let down by your action.
For you, your innocence has made you to do the right thing and now it's the game of who blinks first between you two. Note that he is worried about how to handle the situation so that he doesn't end up paying but then the advantage is to you since you said another colleague is aware of what transpired.

My advice to you is this: stand your ground but it comes at the risk of you having to be extra careful at work henceforth cos your boss will be looking for any excuse now to kick you out of the lounge.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by efelico: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
OvertheTop:

let's be realistic when things are moving towards....sack or No sack, you can't count on a colleague as a witness....they will deny u

I wonder why people keep saying OP has a colleague as witness. Person wey fit deny am when mata cast

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by BigBen23(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
Always make sure moda4car signs dockets always.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by deardevil(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
07kjb:

You got the point 100%

Thanks mate
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by OvertheTop(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
efelico:

I wonder why people keep saying OP has a colleague as witness. Person wey fit deny am when mata cast

Yes o
That's Reality.

Remember how the harlot denied Tyrion Lannister in Court (game of thrones)
despite the love, they thought they shared (even when the case was life/Death)
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Onyi90(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
JideFine:
Greetings,

My people,I am in a state of Dilemma...

I work as a waiting staff in a Cafe and Lounge.. Something happened on 2nd of this month (september),2022.

The Real story

Some ladies came to the lounge on 2nd Day of this month (2-09-2022) and ordered for a champagne (J.C.Le Roux) and water...We sell the champagne (30,000) while the water is (500).

My oga ordered for some food through me and he later fixed his own bill before the ladies.

N/B : The ladies were on their own separate table...I didn't see them interact with my oga in any way.

So,when my oga was about to go home,he called one of my colleague and told him that I should not collect the champagne money from the ladies,that I should just collect money for the water they took....So,I did as instructed...I collected just #500 from them.

So,I rushed to him to verify if he will be the one to fix the bill,he told me "Yes" that he will fix it.

The next day was my off day,so I didn't go to work....so,two days after....after the sales for the day as he was about to enter his car (we only give him his bills whenever he is about to go home in the night)....I rushed to give him the bill together with the one he accumulated for the day,he asked why the J.C.Le Roux docket is included in the bill.....I explained everything to him and he started yelling at me that I should have collected money from those ladies that night they took the champagne.

I had to call that my colleague that was present when he told me that he will fix those ladies bill,so he came and explained things to him.....He said "Okay" but he will not fix it from his purse that I have to fix it by myself that it will teach me a lesson next time....I was speechless as so many things ran through my mind.....Why exactly will I have to fix a bill that I didn't utilize myself.

I didn't say a word that night,I later sent him a mail explaining how everything happened and the receipt of the J.C.Le Roux which have the date and time the order was placed through my account....

He replied the Mail 3 days after and the mail reads (Well received)

I waited for him to clear up the bill but the sign was not there,I walked up to him and told him about it again and he said he will look into it....fast forward to 23rd of this month,I sent him another mail and he replied "Got it"

Till date he is yet to fix the bill and it's still pending on my account as an (outstanding).

I am really confused

My people,I need una advise....I really don't know what to do again.

It's the end of the month and my salary is at stake here.
I have worked with this kind of Boss very dubious. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Khaysee: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
This boss wicked
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by phemmyfour: 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
JideFine:
Greetings,

My people,I am in a state of Dilemma...

I work as a waiting staff in a Cafe and Lounge.. Something happened on 2nd of this month (september),2022.

The Real story

Some ladies came to the lounge on 2nd Day of this month (2-09-2022) and ordered for a champagne (J.C.Le Roux) and water...We sell the champagne (30,000) while the water is (500).

My oga ordered for some food through me and he later fixed his own bill before the ladies.

N/B : The ladies were on their own separate table...I didn't see them interact with my oga in any way.

So,when my oga was about to go home,he called one of my colleague and told him that I should not collect the champagne money from the ladies,that I should just collect money for the water they took....So,I did as instructed...I collected just #500 from them.

So,I rushed to him to verify if he will be the one to fix the bill,he told me "Yes" that he will fix it.

The next day was my off day,so I didn't go to work....so,two days after....after the sales for the day as he was about to enter his car (we only give him his bills whenever he is about to go home in the night)....I rushed to give him the bill together with the one he accumulated for the day,he asked why the J.C.Le Roux docket is included in the bill.....I explained everything to him and he started yelling at me that I should have collected money from those ladies that night they took the champagne.

I had to call that my colleague that was present when he told me that he will fix those ladies bill,so he came and explained things to him.....He said "Okay" but he will not fix it from his purse that I have to fix it by myself that it will teach me a lesson next time....I was speechless as so many things ran through my mind.....Why exactly will I have to fix a bill that I didn't utilize myself.

I didn't say a word that night,I later sent him a mail explaining how everything happened and the receipt of the J.C.Le Roux which have the date and time the order was placed through my account....

He replied the Mail 3 days after and the mail reads (Well received)

I waited for him to clear up the bill but the sign was not there,I walked up to him and told him about it again and he said he will look into it....fast forward to 23rd of this month,I sent him another mail and he replied "Got it"

Till date he is yet to fix the bill and it's still pending on my account as an (outstanding).

I am really confused

My people,I need una advise....I really don't know what to do again.

It's the end of the month and my salary is at stake here.
For your mental health, quit that job. Your boss is wicked, lacks integrity, and a pathological liar. He LL put you in a bigger trouble in the nearest future. Working under such person is hell on earth
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Trojan8(m): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
SuperMyke:

I had a very similar case not so long ago.
My boss asked me to give a lady money, on a said day (in the lady's presence), that day no reach sef before the girl start to disturb my life.

Long story short, I gave her the money from the account 2 days after the said day and as soon as he saw the debit alert, baba start to rain insults on me and told me to get that money back!

How naaa?

I Sha left the work.
I can't be taking instructions that are clear and second guessing it or thinking if it's actually the opposite I'm supposed to do

Exactly. People behaving like there's actually a world where every information from your boss would be written and well documented. It would never be that way. Your boss was trying to make you pay for a bad transaction between himself and the lady. It shows bad leadership on his part.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by ibawon(m): 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nigeriaiscasted:
Please I need a job in ijegun. I am good and very good in SEO and media. I have a youtube channel. Pls help me I don’t have money to even do any CV or transport that’s why I want within ijegun so I can trek to and fro I don’t mind. Something to keep me busy. I am a graduate of international relations and schooled in contonu. I love teaching and got retained after my NYSC 2016 for a year extra by my boss. I can teach literature and government EFFECTIVELY

Pls pls someone help me before my village people carry me where I no know oo.. Pls the pay isn’t important as long as I get paid without stories and it’s equivalent to my work and input. Please help me pls anyone.

Bro, do you have laptop?
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by cpu2006(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sorry to say please, " is your oga mentally Stable"?
If yes, don't pay the money. Let them remove it from your account & then, move on.

Better offer is ahead of you by his Grace

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Ablegod2022: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ur boss is a wicked man. What does it profit him to put u in pains? Some employers re just irresponsible! He made a promise to take up other people bill and a witness was there too, yet he is denying that commitment... Doesn't it show he is irresponsible? Just because he is the boss.... Well, bro, my advice to u is to report him to the BOSS of all bosses (God). Take him to God's court, cry to God, He's the help of the helpless, He's our advocate, He speaks on our behalf. Petition him to God and see what happens. At this point now there's nothing u can do cos he doesn't seem to be forthcoming..... Most times, we feel God is asleep, that he doesn't answer... But that is fallacy. I have proofed him in cases thougher than this and He came through for me. Try him and see....... Victory will be urs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by BalticGold: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Next time make him to sign the docket before leaving. Some years back, my boss came to the office and ask for 50k, l brought it with a sheet of paper for him to sign before collection, he started shouting and ask why he should sign to take his money. I stood my grounds and he signed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by SeriouslySense(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
The Oga is behaving terribly, this why i dont want to work under any body especially Nigerians, they can be very deceitful.

HarlequinLekex:
Nigerian employers and their wahala.

Just become a boss of ur own ASAP.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by OvertheTop(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
BalticGold:
Next time make him to sign the docket before leaving. Some years back, my boss came to the office and ask for 50k, l brought it with a sheet of paper for him to sign before collection, he started shouting and ask why he should sign to take his money. I stood my grounds and he signed.

grin grin grin
You get Mind o.
What happened afterward....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by connkg(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
@JideFine
You didn't settle your account that night of the incident.
You kept unsettled and uncleared bills for 2 whole days?!
Settle/ close your account at close of work everyday.
You would have passed that bill to your colleague (for him to have Oga sign off on it) that very night. He would have also followed through the following day, if Oga bailed that night.

Settle/ close your account properly, next time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by SeriouslySense(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Makes sense. wink
BalticGold:
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by int0x80(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stupid Nigerian employers, don't even remind him again. And if he touches your salary, sue his silly ass.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by SeriouslySense(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
trouble, so maybe wants to use his worker for fun.
dododawa1:
Maybe he has INTEREST in you.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by SeriouslySense(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2022
grin grin
int0x80:
Stupid Nigerian employers, don't even remind him again. And if he touches your salary, sue his silly ass.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by deardevil(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Let me explain my experience to you....... one time during our Friday night out and he come by with his friends and they have a lot to drink and I was the one handling him that night [ i already know how he behave]. He asked me not collect money from him friends. As soon I spot him going I quickly meet him before the gate man open up he said I should remind him tomorrow. Omo as I know the kind man way him be and amount way him friends and him chop, I collect padlock from the game man hand say make I sign my docket cus if not he no go go and na so he look me shout but I no answer am then he laugh and he then sign the docket and leave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by johnnychuks(m): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
Just like one write up here when some one said that must of our affect our health, just imagine such nonsense from a simp Boss, and if you try to stood on your ground your job will be waving like one legged table.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Trill1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
OmO

The Trills Consulting is Solar Energy Company.
We sell and install solar devices, we buy bad batteries too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Advice To Unemployed Graduates / Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.