Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? (28274 Views)

What I Bought From Market With 10k / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / FAO Issues Alert On Food Poisoning In Lagos, Kano, Other Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Olam09(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
Despite the situation of this country today, there are many people than manage expecially in food aspect.

So my dear Nairalanders, how many days can 10k take you on food and explain how you will spend it.

Source: Obembet

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Karleb:
Less than a week. You buy gas, go to market too.

If you are left with 10k, just know you are poor, if you come pack family join am. Na problem o.
K my guy. abeg remove gas from the expenses. lol. gas is another expense. just food

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by damosky12(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Winnermindset:
2 weeks.

Two weeks? Can you please analyse. Maybe I can learn a thing or two...

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Goldbw122(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
1000 every day that will be used for 10 days..
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by shantti(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
12k foodstuff for a month.
Na just to dey manage.
Don't eat to your satisfaction

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by damosky12(m): 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
My monthly budget for food is 12k. I always buy foodstuffs in bulk, so the 12k is just basically for meat, vegetables and other small expenses.
I cook every food that I eat and I haven't eaten outside in over five years. I stay alone sha.

That means you will be spending around 30k in total per month (if we're to estimate the food stuffs you use). Considering 12k is for near, vegetables, and others.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Privatepart00: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
Despite the situation of this country today, there are many people than manage expecially in food aspect.

So my dear Nairalanders, how many days can 10k take you on food and explain how you will spend it.

For me it will last two weeks and three days .
I get to the market either buy #3000 or #2500 meat , buy okporoko #1000 each . Come back and prepare oha soup and Ogbono soup that’s what I am eating currently. I go to market once in two weeks. Other condiments I have them.
I stay alone .
This morning I made Okpa ( Bambara nut) too for breakfast.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by olaztek(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
I spend 1k per day on food. 10k/1k = 10 days

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by damosky12(m): 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Onyinyechiugly1:
Well I think a month will do for me.
I live alone, so I manage base on my income for now.

Rice 3 mudu 3500 (can last one month for me.)
Beans 1 mudu 700
Oil half bottle 350
Maggi 300
Yam 2500
Salt
Cray fish 500
Dry fish 1000 (5 small pieces is 200. So 5*5=25 pieces)
Garri 3 mudu 900
Sugar 250.

Total ~ 10,000.

That's how I manage for now.

I

No meat? Is it only rice, beans, and yam you will eat? Gas nko (since na cooking)?
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Privatepart00: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Zee0007:
10k will last me for one month. A broke guy management skills is top-notch.

How I do it.

1) No babe

2) I engage in intermittent fasting and eat only brunch—11-12 pm and eat dinner at 9pm.

3) Rice and bean 3 mudu and garri 6 mudu.

4) I apply red oil like anointing oil on the forehead. Oil for colour

Garri is always onboard. lipsrsealed this is for a top-up.

N:b No be say I like my eating pattern, I'm just caught in between the line. I hope ulcer won't come visiting.

All is for survival. As long as I don't steal from anybody or defraud anybody. God remember us ooooh!

9pm is too late for dinner.
7 or 7:30pm so the food will digest and you urinate before sleeping.

Make Ogbono and egusi soup your bestie
You won’t spend so much to prepare it.
Is better than the rice you using to kill yourself.
I can’t recall last I ate rice as I don’t consider it as food .

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by jaxxy(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
depends on what I'm eating. I prefer quality over quantity.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HITsquad: 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
The 10k on food can carry me 2 days, sometimes even 3 days depending on what I eat.

First I don't eat till at least 12 noon... It's been a long time habit.

I have a special arrangement with my favorite local restaurant, Local means local,,, and we all know say na all those local dem dey cook the best delicious food you will ever eat... No argument lol

12pm sharp, mama Nkechi's son would bring delicious white soup with goat meat for only 3k. Mama Nkechi's white soup is legendary! If mama Nkechi wasn't twice my age I would consider marrying mama Nkechi!!!!

Then at night, I hit the road to another of my favorite local restaurant,,, that one is always crowded,,,, e remain to dey buy ticket and wait for your turn before dem go attend to you! Cos their jollof rice na one in a billion! Smells like wedding rice lol... I would just grab my jollof rice with moi-moi and fish.
For Only 2k!!!

Tomorrow the same circle or just a little adjustment continues.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by babajero(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

One month.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by SenatePresdo(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
HardMirror:
10k cant buy you anything reasonable sha. this is the best way to go. have about 50k to spend, buy food stuff in bulk and at the end you will realize that if you do the calculations 10k lasted you a certain period. not like you literally have to spend 10k when you go to the market

I thought as much.

But when one doesn't have any foodstuff, and only has 10k, the 10k would Last him more days if he eats outside than if he decides to buy little foodstuffs with it.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by babajero(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
ahnie:
3 days as we eat outside and doesn't cook at home.

Breakfast for the 3 of us #1500
Lunch 1800(a plate of noodles n eggs,beans n plantain and 3 meats,plus 2 carbonated drink)
Dinner...1500(drumstick'jellof rice,plantain)
I hope you dey do better and legitimate job to cover for this your apparent show off online.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by muyico(m): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
1day!
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Zee0007: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Privatepart00:

9pm is too late for dinner.
7 or 7:30pm so the food will digest and you urinate before sleeping.

Make Ogbono and egusi soup your bestie
You won’t spend so much to prepare it.
Is better than the rice you using to kill yourself.
I can’t recall last I ate rice as I don’t consider it as food .

Thanks for the tip, sir.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by damosky12(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
planetx:
If you can feed with $15(#10,00]) for 4 to 5 days in Nigeria, why do people with well paying jobs still want to go abroad. Food is cheap, rent is even cheaper. I repeat people with well paying jobs before you start quoting me. A room in a major US city is like $800 to $1500 a month, plate of Nigerian food is like $22.

You are spot on. But too many Nigerians are unexposed in their minds. They worship these places.

From my experience, I can confidently say it's easier to save-up millions in Nigeria than in US and most parts of Europe.

With a good business in Nigeria, you stand a better chance being able to purchase properties there than you would if you lived there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Wizywiz(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

this one wey u never tell us how Spain take knack Portugal and how Argentina play small Jamaica grin grin grin....now na food...Obem something... cheesy I dey watch u oooo

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Bmaster(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Day169:
A week and a half, especially if you do not live in the big cities..
Times are hard so there's little room for frivolities, moreso if one is alone.
On how to spend it, you gotta cook as often as you can. Water remains the best solvent for all solutions grin
Let's keep pushing, cause hope is all that is left.
chai! cry
How many months,days and hours from now remains till may 29,
Someone help me out with calculations.

Surviving 8 years of buhari should be included and taught to the students as history in their curriculum cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Wizywiz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
I only commented because Obembet is the poster, she looks like Igbo but she no gree support them grin...
na jonsing Emohua guy for Rivers State oooo
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
SenatePresdo:

I thought as much.

But when one doesn't have any foodstuff, and only has 10k, the 10k would Last him more days if he eats outside than if he decides to buy little foodstuffs with it.
exactly. and it is best to find a small decent eatery if you really want to be prudent.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by spiralwedge(m): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
N500 for every meal
3 meals a day = N1,500

N10,000 = 6 days and 1 breakfast & 1 lunch of the 7th day

so that's N10,000 a week
in a month that is N40,000
---------------

you can cut cost by having snacks or fruits for lunch or any of the meals for N200 or even just have 2 meals a day or even fast partially eating once a day

the N500 per meal is perfect for eating in a bukka for a plate of swallow with meat , bread and beans, roadside akara with bread for dinner, garri and N200 suya, moimoi with garri, etc.

With this plan, you do not need to buy gas, wash plates, stress and worry about food.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Brendaniel: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wizywiz:
na jonsing Emohua guy for Rivers State oooo

Na wa o, how you take know?
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Johel(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

3 Days if I manage am.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
Privatepart00:

For me it will last two weeks and three days .
I get to the market either buy #3000 or #2500 meat , buy okporoko #1000 each . Come back and prepare oha soup and Ogbono soup that’s what I am eating currently. I go to market once in two weeks. Other condiments I have them.
I stay alone .
This morning I made Okpa ( Bambara nut) too for breakfast.
this your calculation is lopsided and not comprehensive. do you mean you grow other vegetables and staples by yourself? abi is it only meat you eat?

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by phemmyfour: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

2days

Breakfast: 2k, lunch: 1k, Dinner:2k

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by DKM123: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
3 days.....
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Blaze1993: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
5 days max
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Wizywiz(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Akerele44:

Which tribe is she ?
na HE not she...He is from Rivers State

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by OgwuEgo: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
2 to 3 days.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
A week.

Or if I want to be frugal, a week and a day or 2 would do. And this goes only if I cook because I will have to repeat meals. I don't even know which is more economical - to cook or purchase food from eateries? Purchasing food from food stalls takes my vote. It's hard for me to cook with anything less than 5k.

10K for a week or more?
Lol.

Una dey try o.
Even with cooked meals battling for space in the fridge and food stuffs freezing up in the freezer, if I'm able to spend that 10K on food and edibles for me and my wife for two complete days, I go dance for market square. If I withdraw that 10K, na 2K fit remain by the end of the day.

God has been really gracious sha!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unique Types Of People At A Nigerian Owambe / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / Gtbank Food And Drinks Festival 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.