Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

A Week After We Got Married. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Week After We Got Married. (46555 Views)

He Is Asking For Financial Help Barely A Week After / I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / Man Dies One Week After His Wedding Introduction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Week After We Got Married. by ManofgodJnr3(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
A week after we got married.

During our honeymoon was when I realized that despite being a good cook, I couldn't make a successful pap without spoiling it.

Its either my 'akamu' turns watery or develop seeds.

The first and second attempt was a total mess and I ended up secretly pouring them away, so that Nasa-my wife doesn't find out i made tea instead of 'akamu'.

I have several times mouthed my wife that I cook better than her, but if she had found out that I can't make common pap, It would be a big shame.

That's why I ended up dumping the first and second pap when I failed to make them well.

One faithful day, I decided to try again after watching few tutorial videos on how to make pap, on YouTube.

Nasa was in the bedroom when I went to the kitchen downstairs to boil water for pap.

"Babe, I'm coming." I told her.

"Are you going out?" She asked but I lied that I was going to get something from the living room.

I sneaked quietly into the kitchen and melted my pap with cold water before putting water on my gas cooker- according to the tutorial videos i watched earIier online.

But even with four tutorial videos, I ended up making tea again instead of pap. I was disappointed and same time it was frustrating.

That was when I decided to swallow my pride and asked Nasa to teach me how to make pap witthout turning it to tea or brown wine, since YouTube videos failed me.

I confessed and told her everything. She came downstairs with me and saw the watery works of my hands.

I was totally embarrassed because she laughed at me for not knowing how to make 'ordinary pap.'

"So after all the mouth you've been making, you ended up making wine. Dear husband." she laughed again while her head fell on my shoulder.

I hissed.

"Praises Chukwu has turned akamu to wine." She said again, and laughed profusely.

I frowned at her. This was what I've been avoiding, being laughed at for not knowing how to make something as common as pap.

After this, I realized that no matter how good you are in cooking meals, akamu will end up disgracing you one day.

© Praises Chukwu
Familyman

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02oSUJFq3YT7QLVEcYw8uGFZwMgPyHTn8hyN4kGHhyJDkAv89741j9PW5SY1QbZTyhl&id=100037871582590

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by caesymore(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
I was totally embarrassed because she laughed at me for not knowing how to make 'ordinary pap.'

Lol, Bro never call Pap ordinary. I'm a kitchen champion and Pap messes good cooks up once in a while this I know.
Pap has little details you really have to give heed to.

From your write up you have a healthy marriage I wish you more of that bro.

214 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Rexymania(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
The hot water, while pouring it inside your Pap should be little. Pour it gently

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Christiansimon: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
is like your pap is in small quantity. really want to learn from us?

5 Likes

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Ekejoestar(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
So if I can make akamu without knowing how to cook, does it mean I'm a good cook?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
you should instead look at the smile you put on your wife's face... marriage is also about having fun, so its all good. now, you should stop claiming all type of nonsense to your wife (you are a better cook bla bla bla) and instead accept who/what you are before it backfires on you head again.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by VeryWickedGoat: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Add sperm to thicken it.

57 Likes

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by MMempire(m): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Try adding thickener to the pap next time. ���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by general111(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
When it messes you up, simply turn the pap into a pot and place it on low heat and begin to stear.gradually, your pap will form, but you have to really steer it properly, else you will have a pap full of seeds

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Bluezy13(m): 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hmmm...

(1) Uneven dissolution of the solute (raw pap) in the solvent (water); Pouring 100°C water into the solution would result to formation of lumps and/or balls.
(2) Non uniform stirring of the solution while adding the hot water will result to formation of lumps. In some cases, stirring may not be required while adding the hot water.

(3) Non uniform distribution of the hot water in the cold water + pap solution will result to the formation of lumps.
(4) Addition of more than the required quantity of solvent (cold water) into the solute (raw pap) in the initial stage of preparation will result to the preparation of watery pap.

(5) Addition of more than the required hot water into the cold water + pap solution will result to the preparation of watery pap.
(6) Avoid addition of sugar into the cold water solution, otherwise you risk having watery pap.
(6) Impatience in effectively mixing of the raw pap with cold water will result to formation of lumps.

(7) Fear...the fear of being a failure will result to failure (evident in your case).
(8 ) Lack of practice for oneself first will result to disaster and embarrassment (as evident in your case)

To prepare pap...well
(1) Dissolve the raw pap into cold water such that a thick solution is formed (not watery solution). The thicker the cold water solution, the thicker the pap when hot water is added.

(2) Pour the hot water gradually and evenly...with patience...into the thick cold water + pap solution and stop as soon as it thickens (stirring may be necessary).
Note: A slight addition of extra hot water after thickness is achieved may turn the thickness into watery paste. Also stir the cold water solution immediately before adding the hot water.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
You add more cool water while mixing it ,next time put it on fire turn it for some minutes to get thick

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Women cook better in most homes. So...leave the award for cooking to your wife. Simon in the dept of cooking and v regular nutritious meal for the rest of your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by SenatePresdo(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Some guys are certified chef, you can't use cooking food for them to do shakara as a lady.

During my service year, whenever I'm cooking neighbours would be asking me which girl did I bring over that is cooking this kind of delicious meal for me grin

But honestly you see Pap? It's like Penalty, anybody can miss anytime, once your mind is on something else, you are likely gonna miss grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by EseAbed: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
hi

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by LIGHTROOM: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Am not getting you

I mean your neck

1 Like

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Odaveboy(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Go and buy custard haaa.....
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Hambivert: 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Some days, the making of my akamu is successful, while other times, the thing would sparogatively just want to disgrace itself... because it can never be me it would disgrace.

"Akamu, if you think you will disgrace me, I will cook your head like Agidi till you go get sense"

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by money121(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ok
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by ecolime(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Akamu requires hard-core skills and you need to prepare it often to perfect it.

Na during NYSC I turn legend for Pap and Custard making.

1. First dilute/soften your Pap with small cold water.

2. Don't let it be watery. It should be semi-thick and smooth like Yoghurt while in that cold state.

3. Now pour boiled water and stir it continuously until its done.

You have it grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by bukatyne(f): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Bashnigga(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lol, Akamu na ur mate grin

Almost everyone has at one point got it wrong while making pap

4 Likes

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Sweetvie: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lol... Pap is the easiest thing grin

Plus
I got a brother that can't even make eba grin

1 Like

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Lorechino(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Honestly I love this piece
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Qtrpst4: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Honestly pap has a habit of embarrassing you. You need to know how to make it and also make it regularly to be good at it.

Ops next time, if it's watery, just put small water in a pot and put the bowl of akamu inside the pot and heat slightly, it will form but you must continually stir it oh, else you will have some ugly things in it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Jummyad: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
U still need to go back home & learn very well
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Are you afraid to whisk it? Whisk it well comrade
Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Godada(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022

I sometimes wonder which of the mods thta sends these topics to the front page.

1 Like

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Bigleaf1006: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
I taught my wife how to make salad,fried rice and even egusi ijebu but i can't even make ordinary custard for my kids.

Shame dey catch me I noh fit tell them But my consolation is that I have a married friend who can't even cook noodles successfully.

4 Likes

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Pells: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
You don't have a problem in life embarassed grin

2 Likes

Re: A Week After We Got Married. by Jcash90: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
How that one take concern us.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Beats Wife, Drags Her To Male Friend's Hotel Over Cheating Allegation.Photos / Do You Have This In Your Bathroom? / Nigerian Lady And Her Mother-in-law Clash Abroad As Husband Films It. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.