Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,582 members, 7,801,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (17245 Views)

55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics / Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by adezjamz(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2011
A big thought & research by intelligent fellow, putting it up why couples looks alike. Some says breeding of genes through mate, why others says spending more time together makes it happen. What is your view?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Syenite(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2011
I also think co-mingling of blood during intercourse;
Sharing similar thoughts and ideology;
Putting-on similar cloths (and co);
Eating same kind of food;
Living under same socio-economic condition.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by hassymo5(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2011
Syenite:

I also think co-mingling of blood during intercourse;
Sharing similar thoughts and ideology;
Putting-on similar cloths (and co);
Eating same kind of food;
Living under same socio-economic condition.

You right co-mingling of blood!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by snthesis(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2011
hassymo5:

You right co-mingling of blood!!!!!!
commingling shocked shocked
how nw? do couples feed on each other's blood
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Wislet(f): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2011
That's why sex with just anyone outside marriage is not advised.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Exponental(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2011
adezjamz:

A big thought & research by intelligent fellow, putting it up why couples looks alike. Some says breeding of genes through mate, why others says spending more time together makes it happen. What is your view?
think its d breeding stuff. Old pals 4 many decades dont look alike.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Wislet(f): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2011
When you observe two friends who always move together, do everything together, you find that they start getting this similar look after a while. They could almost pass for twins. I think that applies in this case.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by sweetguy10(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2011
Lie ! Lie !! Lie !!! My mom and dad have been married for 30 years now and they don't look an inch alike .popsy is fair. , momsy is dark . Popsy is tall momsy has a normal stature

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by emymama(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2011
no!!! it is not co-mingling anything. actually, this is observed to be as low as in 7% of married couples. why don't boy-girl relationship cause that? i mean those who live together with their boyfriends and g-friends. will u say, illegal union? haaaja!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2011
Abegi. . .does OBJ looks like stella ?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by emymama(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2011
@sweetguy, abi oo? me i don talk what i know. maybe the issue of looking alike might be in character and opinions as couples live together naa.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by emymama(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2011
fimi le joo! hw you go want make artificial late sweety come look like that cargo? no bring Baba OBJ here i beg oo
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by buzugee(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2011
this only applies to western couples who kiss a lot. for example you will see that heidi klum is starting to look like seal. see when you kiss someone playfully and passionately, you try to both contort your mouth and face so that it is symmetrical with each other. now imagine a loving couple that does this lots of time ? after a while (say about 3 years of this type of similar facial muscle exercise that kissing induces) your facial features start to take on each others shapes. the facial muscle is like say the biceps which contorts and transforms if you use it all the time as in weightlifting. it changes to suit whatever activity you are doing. so basaically all am saying is that if a couple starts to look like each other during marriage, thats the giveaway that they are a loving couple who indulge in lots of passionate kisses. not usually the case for nigerians so nigerians never look like each other even after 50 years of marriage.  grin

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB435GB435&q=sea+and+heidi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=677
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2011
Genes, mixing of blood.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by hrhjnr(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2011
buzugee:

this only applies to western couples who kiss a lot. for example you will see that heidi klum is starting to look like seal. see when you kiss someone playfully and passionately, you try to both contort your mouth and face so that it is symmetrical with each other. now imagine a loving couple that does this lots of time ? after a while (say about 3 years of this type of similar facial muscle exercise that kissing induces) your facial features start to take on each others shapes. the facial muscle is like say the biceps which contorts and transforms if you use it all the time as in weightlifting. it changes to suit whatever activity you are doing. so basaically all am saying is that if a couple starts to look like each other during marriage, thats the giveaway that they are a loving couple who indulge in lots of passionate kisses. not usually the case for nigerians so nigerians never look like each other even after 50 years of marriage.  grin

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB435GB435&q=sea+and+heidi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=677

you go fear explanation nah, but all this thing na wash jor, y michelle obama never resemble her husband after how many years of marriage,
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by buzugee(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2011
hrh jnr:

you go fear explanation nah, but all this thing na wash jor, y michelle obama never resemble her husband after how many years of marriage,
michelle and her husband dont look like passionate couples. they look like proper, strong decorum, stiff upper lip, little peck on the cheeks kinda couple. prim and proper. peck on the cheeks will be their own sign of affection
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by namdo(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2011
yes , mixing of everything possible, foods, genes via blood, and most important = soul tie.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by LindaReev: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2011
I think couples looks alike after years because they are always together. Just as other said if you are always together and they have to see always together it seems that both of you will be alike. Like for example you and your friends, of you are always together with your friends, many will just say that you are both alike.  wink

Pregnancy Miracle Review
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by atasteve: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2011
I also noticed too, it is true that couples look alike after sometime.

My only guess is maybe because of intimacy.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by eunisam: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2011
Anything goes!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by mayjovial: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2011
vent u guys noticed dat friends tend 2 pick up each odas character after being friends for long. e.g dey way they talk, smile or even attitude or response 22 statement, dis is also applicable 2 couples
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2011
sweetguy10:

Lie ! Lie !! Lie !!! My mom and dad have been married for 30 years now and they don't look an inch alike .popsy is fair. , momsy is dark . Popsy is tall momsy has a normal stature
 grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by yeye4live(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2011
i once ve girlfriend,dey caled us twins, its fuuny u kno,but this d truth sha
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by skydeexie(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2011
That is actually what God intended it to be - "the two becoming one flesh", that is physically and spiritually. Divorce is out of the question!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by cinzo: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by logica(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2011
. . . because they already looked alike before they got married and you only started seeing those similarities after years of observation.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by marcus1234: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by bist: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2011

ur mummy must either be phuckin outside her marriage or her DNA is a bit confused frm the amount of pple she phucked during her youthful dayz, who knws, she might look like ur gateman, ponder on it.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Dgunnerz(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2011
I think because they are choosen by God and nt by themselves!My Papa looks like Mama!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by claremont(m): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2011
adezjamz:

Which research concluded that couples look alike after years of marriage? There are times when I wonder how the average NLander thinks, and everyone on here is just rushing to contribute without even asking for the validity of the so-called research. Someone thinks of an absolute drivel, pastes it on here claiming to be a research, and no one bothers to ask any questions? Na wa for Nairalanders oh! SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.