Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (17322 Views)

55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics / Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2011
It is genetically impossible. .

I can understand behavioural patterns and maybe how they talk but looking alike? You dey crace! cool
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by claremont(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2011
^^^
Good! At least someone else is thinking logically this morning!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2011
Yep, just woke up and I saw this rubbish grin
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by nagoma(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2011
1. I also think co-mingling of blood during intercou[/b]rse;- No I dont think so, No mingling of blood occurs during intercouse at all.
[b]2. Sharing similar thoughts and ideology;
                      Yes, but difficult to prove. Perhaps copying each others movements , facial expressions and other phsical activities.

3. Putting-on similar cloths (and co); Really ? I dont wear make up and have no extensions and other jewellry.

4. Eating same kind of food;   Yes , and of course you are what you eat!

5[b]. Living under same socio-economic condition[/b].  Yes; Very much so - both husband and wife in Somalia are likely to be hungry now and our thoughts are with them.

Another point is that like attrack like - so some resemblance may be there even before marriage.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by nagoma(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/11/science/long-married-couples-do-look-alike-study-finds.html[b][/b[img]http://[/img][img][/img]
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Anvaller: 9:48am On Aug 24, 2011
claremont:

Which research concluded that couples look alike after years of marriage? There are times when I wonder how the average NLander thinks, and everyone on here is just rushing to contribute without even asking for the validity of the so-called research. Someone thinks of an absolute drivel, pastes it on here claiming to be a research, and no one bothers to ask any questions? Na wa for Nairalanders oh! SMH

Dont mind these dudes around here, they are all comic. Imagine the guy proving that contortion of faces when couples kiss makes them look alike I was laffing and rolling on the floor.

This is simple common sense, it's a psychological thing. If u see two people together everyday, you tend to want to think that they look alike even if they do not look any alike in reality. I remember when I was in secondary school, the Principal and the VP were always standing side by side in front all the student during the assembly. Because I see them pair up everyday, I felt they looked alike but even then I understood that I was just mixing them up because I see them together all the time.

.[b], Contortion of faces while kissing. hahahahahahahaha, does he mean like this? tongue or like this and this undecided shocked wink
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2011
ITS AN HYPOTHESIS. FAR FROM THE FACT. MAYBE THEY ALWAYS LOOK A LIKE IN THE EYES OF THOSE THAT SEE THEM EVERYDAY OR THE MENTAL PICTURES OF THOSE THAT ABHOR SUCH BELIEFS IS PROGRAMME TO SEE THAT WAY. BUT IN 10 COUPLES ONLY HALF I PRESUME.
snthesis:

commingling shocked shocked

SO A  WOMAN OF 4FT WILL THEN GROW TO THE HUSBAND HEIGHT OF 6FT, OR THE COMPLEXION WILL CHANGE FROM BLACK TO ALBINOJUST BECAUSE THE WIFE IA AN ALBINO OR AN OBLONG FACE WILL START RESHAPING TO A ROUND FACE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE.

PLEASE WE NEED PICTURES TO COMFIRMENTO THIS ALLEGATION AGAINST HUMANITY AGAINST HUMANITY.
(EVIDENCE NOW TO PROVE YOUR THEORY). TO BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THIS CLASS ENDS
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by ogbongzky(m): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2011
GEJ looks like Madam Patience? abi have they not been together for long or no blood remoxing?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Abegi. . .does OBJ looks like stella ?
grin grin grin grin

BLUETOOTH I LOVE YOUR EXAMPLE. cheesy cheesy cheesy.
LET ME JOIN ONE GOOD EXAMPLE

DOES YARADUA LOOK LIKE TURAI or wait wait

DOES OJUKWU LOOKS LIKE BIANCA ( not sure of the spelling).

WE NEED MORE EXAMPLESSSSSSSSSSS OOOOOOOO
grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by mummy3(f): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2011
snthesis:

commingling  shocked shocked
how nw? do couples feed on each other's blood

grin na yeye person you be. you want use laugh finish me
Whyare you pretending as if you no dey do
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by CuteTj(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2011
I laugh at the reasons being given by you all. Kissing by couples, mingling of blood(whatever that means) e.t.c as reasons for couples looking alike after years of marriage is so false! As for me, i would say you cant escape aging as years roll by, aging is the same process in everyone e.g the tissues in your face and whole body breaks down so therefore there is a tendency you look alike. My parents have been married for 40 years and till they will pass on, they will never look alike!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2011
buzugee:

this only applies to western couples who kiss a lot. for example you will see that heidi klum is starting to look like seal. see when you kiss someone playfully and passionately, you try to both contort your mouth and face so that it is symmetrical with each other. now imagine a loving couple that does this lots of time ? after a while (say about 3 years of this type of similar facial muscle exercise that kissing induces) your facial features start to take on each others shapes. the facial muscle is like say the biceps which contorts and transforms if you use it all the time as in weightlifting. it changes to suit whatever activity you are doing. so basaically all am saying is that if a couple starts to look like each other during marriage, thats the giveaway that they are a loving couple who indulge in lots of passionate kisses. not usually the case for nigerians so nigerians never look like each other even after 50 years of marriage.  grin

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB435GB435&q=sea+and+heidi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=677

Your post is the most funniest this morning imfact my ribs are crackng, i will show my manager because i fieel is down and worried. i will get to the house later grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by NoQualms1(f): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2011
bist:

your mummy must either be phuckin outside her marriage or her DNA is a bit confused frm the amount of pple she phucked during her youthful dayz, who knws, she might look like your gateman, ponder on it.

bist, that's too much and very bad, haba now
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Berlinh(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2011
[size=15pt]YES! After many scientist made a long-year-research, they found the couple shape is depend on couples living together, all the hobby, food, water, living-style , are same. If husband is cubic-face,  wife is circle-face,  a few years later, both of them should become not cubic, not circle.[/size]

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2011
Please help me, it seems i am looking like our housemaid.

she has been our housemaid since 25 years. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.

I need your advices oooo what could have happened embarassed embarassed.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2011
MY WIFE AINT GOT MA LOOK DUH!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by queensmith: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2011
this is soo true- its the same with children, one minute they look like one parent the next they look like another.
even adopted children atimes look like the foster parents.

Its probably because our environment plays a major role in the way we look. rather than genes?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by firestar(f): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2011
Maybe at some point they absorb each others mannerisms, its expected afterall they are married.
But aren't children supposed to take after their parents rather than spouses of each other?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2011
Berlinh:

YES! After many scientist made a long-year-research, they found the couple shape is depend on couples living together, all the hobby, food, water, living-style , are same. If husband is cubic-face,  wife is circle-face,  a few years later, both of them should become not cubic, not circle.

I guess, they both take the cubic face 'cause the man has a cubic face since he is the husband, abi? If the husband has gap tooth the wife too will have gaptooth? if the husband has a pen[i]i[/i]s the woman's cli[i]to[/i]ris will start to expand and look like a penis?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by DivaUK2: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2011
So true. My parents look like twins even though my dad is 10years younger. I was embrassed one day someone said to me "Your uncle looks like your mum" not realising that the guy was actually my dad, grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nymphnode(m): 10:45am On Aug 24, 2011
A couple of my friends had been said to look like me. So maybe I'm the dominant chromosomes in the look alike business. grin  I know the quantum physicist will have a better explanation.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by firestar(f): 10:49am On Aug 24, 2011
kandiikane:

I guess, they both take the cubic face 'cause the man has a cubic face since he is the husband, abi? If the husband has gap tooth the wife too will have gaptooth? if the husband has a pen[i]i[/i]s the woman's cli[i]to[/i]ris will start to expand and look like a joystick?

You ehn. . .

Nymph node:

A couple of my friends had been said to look like me. So maybe I'm the dominant chromosomes in the look alike business. grin  I know the quantum physicist will have a better explanation.  

You kid.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by mummy3(f): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2011
nagoma:

[b]1. I also think co-mingling of blood during intercou[/b]rse;- No I dont think so, No mingling of blood occurs during intercouse at all.

i disagree with you, its a yes
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Greenpro: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2011
This is true.
cinzo:

It is true oh! People always say my wife and I look alike and when I look in the mirror I don't see the familiarity grin
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by buzugee(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2011
i see yall laughing at the mad knowledge i dropped on yall  grin grin grin grin grin here is a researcher echoing similar sentiments http://www.livescience.com/8384-couples-start.html

be sure to get to the end of the article now
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Avast(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2011
I think is just happened coz i have a gul that we hav being in relationship 4yrs now & their is nothing like sex between us. But some people call us twins and other call us bro and sister.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by vanillaz: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2011
the ansa is simple my dear,
biologicaly and physicaly = mental.

get more facts on this by visiting www.namywedding.com
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2011
@ Wislet - How many people do you look like ?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by maran1983(f): 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
@Wislet, u r quite right. I rmber a guy i dated for 8years, after a while, we started looking very alike. People evn thought we were related! grin
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
why is nairaland always redirecting to dealdey.com? angry
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kc11: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
Why not ask; Sex O di uto ?
The couple genes come to resemble each other. Exchange of genes. kiss
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
i am yet to see a physical evident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strictly Life-changing Marital And Parenting Books / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death / Couple Welcome A Set Of Twins After Waiting For 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.