Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (17327 Views)

55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics / Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Syenite(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
Kai some people on nairaland sure need a life.

For God's sake's nobody says a 4ft tall woman will grow up to her 6ft tall husband or a wife will then develops male organ or even a dark complexioned man becomes fair like his albino wife.

Some people are even comparing OBJ, Good-Luck and Ojukwu with there wives. Those are silly comparisons.

Some one even said there is no blood co-mingling during sex, so how is HIV that lives in the blood shared?

And for those people that see this topic as a joke, it is not mandatory to contribute here.If the topic does not appeal to u it does to some one else.

I still maintain the fact that some couples look alike, though not all couples, a small percentage i believe. The points I listed earlier might be responsible for such.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Chrismaths: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Yes I believe it, cos I've seen so many people that resemble. It's because during intercourse, they transfer genes to each other and it modifies their body system.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Chrismaths: 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
Yes I believe it, cos I've seen so many people that resemble. It's because during intercourse, they transfer genes to each other and it modifies their body system
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Crotalus: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2011
Na today!!!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by striker07(m): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
Some reasons could make people think long years of marriage makes husband and wife to resemble, it could be that they have some form of resemblance before marriage, also seeing them together many times could also be a factor, and also if thier children resemble both parents .
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by veron007: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
There is nothing like that. We only start see what we want to see. Your genetic makeup cann't change once your are born. No mater how much you guys screw each other.
If na like that na im be say ashawo go dey change every night, lol cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by ngbube(f): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
can't give any reason for the resemblance but it's true though not always true.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by N101: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ OP, they say we subconsciously marry someone who looks like our family members, either mother, father or sibling we are close to.

Now marrying someone with the attitude of that parent is another matter altogether!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by JohnRambo9: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen..com

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

Are you a man who is interested in marrying indian women? Please visit Indian-Wife.com, India's 1st International Marriage Bride Site:

http://www.indian-wife.com
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by 702: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
@OP: because u get so familiar wiv 'em being 2gada 247! he brain wont note any difference watsoever afterwards wink
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by MMM2(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
maybe becos of 2 much of s-ex
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
I AM YET TO SEE A SCIENTIFIC AND PHYSICAL PROVE. DO YOU THINK YOU WILL JUST COME AND SAY SOMETHING YOU CLAIM YOU BELIEVE AND THINK EVERYBODY WILL JUST BELIEVE YOU. WHEN THEY ARE NOT DONDY UNITED.

WHAT YOU SEE ALL THE TIME FORMS A PICTURIC VIEW THAT FORMS A MENTAL PART OF YOUR BELIEVES. AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO SEE THAT WAY. UNTIL YOU FREE YOURSELF FROM THAT BELIEF.

Syenite:

For God's sake's nobody says a 4ft tall woman will grow up to her 6ft tall husband or a wife will then develops male organ or even a dark complexioned man becomes fair like his albino wife.

Some people are even comparing OBJ, Good-Luck and Ojukwu with there wives. Those are silly comparisons.

Some one even said there is no blood co-mingling during sex, so how is HIV that lives in the blood shared?

And for those people that see this topic as a joke, it is not mandatory to contribute here.If the topic does not appeal to u it does to some one else.

I still maintain the fact that some couples look alike, though not all couples, a small percentage i believe. The points I listed earlier might be responsible for such.

We can not be fooled like ABRAKA AGAIN!
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by nsodo: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
Couples looking alike only happen when there is true love between the couple and may tend to think there brother and sister because of that love between them. Besides, with time they learn each others likes and dislikes which binds them even closer for peoples misidentify.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
SCENTIFICALLY YOUR BODY CELLS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY CHANGES THAT GOES ON WITHIN YOUR BODY, AND THERE IS NOWAY YOUR BODY CELLS WILL START TO CHANGE YOUR FACIAL APPEARANCE WITH THE PERSON YOU ARE LEAVING WITH, EVEN IF BY BLOOD TRANSFUSION.
DURING BLOOD TRANSFUSION YOUR BODY CELLS TAKES CHARGE OF THE TRANSFUSED BLOOD AND BEGINS TO MULTIPLY THEM ACCORDING TO THERE OWN GENERIC RECORDS. NOT THE OTHER PERSONS'.
IT CAN ONLY BE POSSIBLE IF THE DNA OR RNA OF SOMEONE IS ENGINEERED (BIO- GENETICS) AND WIPE TO BEGIN TO WORK AS THE OTHER PERSON (http://library.thinkquest.org/C005271F/biology.html).

SEBI WE LEARNT ON ELEMENTARY SCIENCE THAT YOU GET TO AN AGE IN LIFE THAT YOUR CELLS NO LONGER GROWS AGAIN, SO OUR WILL THEY BEGIN TO GROW LIFE THE OTHE PERSON.

LET US BE INFORMED AND NOT  DEFORMED BY OTHER PEOPLES BELIEVE.
NOTE: DURING SEX ONLY BODY FLUIDS( BUT THEY STILL CONTAINS CELLS FROM THE BODY) EXCHANGE NOT BLOOD.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
DURING SEX THE GENE THAT YOU TRANSFERED TO THE OTHER FEMALE IS ONLY CONTAINED IN THE SPEMATOZOA THAT IS CARRIED TO THE WOMB ALONE NOT TO ANY PART OF THE BODY. ONLY BODY FLUID CONTAINS CELL THAT WILL REMAIN AND INFECT THE HOST BODY IF HAVING INFECTIONS. AND ONCE THE SPERMATOZOA DOES ISTS WORK. GENETIC MUTATION BEGINS FROM PHASE TO ANOTHER IN THE WOMB. NO GENERIC ENGINEERING OCCURS BTW THE COUPLE DURING SEX.

NIGERIANS DONT READ AT ALL THEY JUST DWELL ON BELIEVES HOOK AND SINK. ONE BABA WILL TELL YOU THAT SOMEONE IS DOING YOU THEY BELIEVE AND SINK WITH IT.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
nsodo:

Couples looking alike only happen when there is true love between the couple and may tend to think there brother and sister because of that love between them. Besides, with time they learn each others likes and dislikes which binds them even closer for peoples misidentify.

WHEN YOU FALL OR SHARE LOVE YOU DONT SHARE GENE. IT WILL TAKE AN AVERAGE OF 100 YEARS BEFORE YOUR CELLS WILL BEGIN TO MUTATE TO OTHER THING IF NOT ENGINEERED BY BIO-GENECTICS, BUT BEFORE THEN THEY BECOME WEAK TO EVEN START (OLD). ONLESS YOU MARRY YOUR SISTER.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
BEHAVING LIKE EACH OTHER IS A DIFFERENT CASE ENTIRELY. THAT HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH APPEARANCE. THAT IS INFLUENCE ON YOUR PSYCHOLOGY MAKE-UP. YOU BEGIN TO BEHAVE LIKE THE OTHER PERSON IF YOU HAD STAY WITH THIS PERSON ALL THROUGH YOUR LIFE. YOU HAVE LEARN THE WAY HE OR SHE DOES THINGS ALL HIS/HER LIFE AND YOU BEGIN TO SUGGEST HIS/ HER THOUGHTS AS TIME GOES OWN

E.G- CAN A RED CHICK TRAINED BY WHITE HEN FROM BIRTH BECOMES WHITE?

A GOAT WILL ONLY BARK IF IT HAS BEEN TRAINED ALL ITS LIFE BY A DOG.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kentokay: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
Couple who cheat on each others may not lk alike because of diff blood mixture, for sweety or so one of the poster dat said the parents have been married for 30 yrs and dey don't look alike, she shld ask her parents well they have been cheating on one another and dat is why dey cannot resamble each other shikena. undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Eimmah: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
It is possible for couple to look alike especially if there is no much difference in their age. In biology,(genetics) there is what we called 'aquired characteristics', that is, the trait that is not part of your genetic make-up. In this case, there is tendency for couple to take the face of each other if at least one of them mimics the way other smile, keeps face, franks and talk which enable the facial cells of one to take the shape of the other.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Konjour(m): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
I don't think its the couples that look alike. Its the people looking at them that think they look alike. That doesn't imply that there are no

couples that look alike,but trying to sum up a theory that they looked alike cuz they've been married for sometime is chronic fallacy.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
Syenite:

SMH. . You my friend need a life. .Maybe you should do your research on how HIV is transmitted se[i]xu[/i]ally. .SMH
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by adezjamz(m): 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
@claremont, y are you so stupid to understand a simple question? I neither say the theory had been confirmed nor the research. The question still remains the same, give a suitable comment or suggestion; or keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Amakamax(f): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
[b][/b]I wish my fiance willl get to look like me after our wedding ooo, Cos the guy is far from handsome
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by prodam(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
Well, the saying may have some truth behind it for most of the couples. There are certain theories which suggest so.

The environment and food plays a very important role in making them look similar to each other. This may be applicable on couples who have spent a great amount of time with each other.

We may understand it by understanding that the couple which spends a lot of time with each other eats same food and experience same type of whether conditions may start resembling each other because of the similar environment. If they would live together they are highly likely to each same meal.

The second reason could be the predisposition theory which explains that people tend to choose like minded partners for marriage. The similarity in the personality traits leads them to end up looking alike after staying together for a long time period
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by nagoma(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
"common adage is women marry men who remind them of their fathers. Scientific research backs up this old belief with a study by Lynda Boothroyd of the University of Durham. The study found that women who had a positive relationship with their father ("daddy's girls"wink were more likely to identify photographs of men who shared facial similarities with their fathers as "attractive." Considering daughters get half of their DNA from their fathers, a link can be made that by women choosing men who resemble their fathers, women are also choosing men who resemble themselves.

Read more: Why Some Couples Look Alike | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5445819_couples-look-alike.html#ixzz1VxQY5aCL
"
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
nagoma:

"
So? It does not say after years of marriage couples start to resemble eachother. .
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by brainpulse: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
Eimmah:

It is possible for couple to look alike especially if there is no much difference in their age. In biology,(genetics) there is what we called 'aquired characteristics', that is, the trait that is not part of your genetic make-up. In this case, there is tendency for couple to take the face of each other if at least one of them mimics the way other smile, keeps face, franks and talk which enable the facial cells of one to take the shape of the other.

PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM.

ACQUIRED CHARATERISTICS HAS TO DO WITH CHARACTERS NOT FACIAL RESEMBLANCE
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kandiikane(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
So the facial cells will say, "ok, the face I am married to has a square face so I am going to change my oval face to a square"

Are you serious?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Jenifa1: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
They don't. my parents look nothing like each other.

The couples I personally know who look alike are not even married yet lol. so of course in this case, they look alike even before marriage.
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by kizito96(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
I don't buy that theory. Me and my wife have no resemblance after being married for 18 years
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by cdoffx(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
There is a pix of my girlfriend of 5yrs and myself i uploaded on fb i can't imagine why some were asking why we looked alike and if she's my sister.Even though i know we don't look alike at all.
I want ask does blood flow from the woman to man during intercourse or how do you guys come about co-mingling of blood?
Re: Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
This is my theory:

After sexaul intercourse, the seminal fluid (which contains billions od spermatozoa) is deposited at the female cervix (is just after the vagina). The sperm then swims to fertilise the ovum at the fallopian tube later. My postlation is that some of the genes in the sperm that couldn't fertilise the ovum (only one of the billion spermatozoa fertilise the ovum) get absorbed into the woman circulatory system and eventually lead to the gene of the man mixing up with the female gene. This ultimately makes the womwn look like the man with time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death / Couple Welcome A Set Of Twins After Waiting For 10 Years / Strictly Life-changing Marital And Parenting Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.