Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,246 members, 7,846,155 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

A Message To The Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To The Youth (189 Views)

MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / Buhari Reads Script After Being Ask About The Youth At The Ongoing UNGA / You Cannot Reap Where You Did Not Sow: A Message To Fela Dutoye And His Co-trave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
The rate at which Nigerian youths in rural areas move to township is becoming alarming. Every year, thousands of school-leavers rush to urban areas to seek for employment. This results into overcrowded cities and depopulated country sides. The attraction to the city is intensified, by the presence of young men and women who normally troop home during festivals to show off with their posh cars and display their wealth. This is indicative of th fact that the cities hold tremendous prospects to people. Consequently, most of our youths nowadays wrongly regard agriculture as a poor man's business. They prefer white-collar jobs to farming and are unaware that in most developed nations, agriculture provides ready employment for people who live in rural areas. After all, agro-based industries cannot be a reality without the production of agro-based raw materials. In spite of this, the youth do not think that living in the villages is worthwhile. This is why they hasten to the cities unmindful of the hazards. On getting to the townsip, they are disappointed. What they think to be an island becomes nothing but the the back of a whole. Frustration sets in. They look for a way out be resorting to stealing and gradually becoming armed robbers and into prostitution and cultism. Country life with its fresh air is forgotten. What one finds in the villages are worn out old men and women and children who toil ceaselessly with knives and hoes on the worn-out soil. Because of this drift, valuable customs, craft and arts begin to die as a result of lack of continuity. Our youths need orientation, if we are to move forward. Goverment should realize that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. It's high time the rural areas were remembered in terms of social amenities and development. Empty promises during elections have lost thier charms. LET US VOTE WISELY.
I AM OBEDIENT.
Re: A Message To The Youth by Col0gne(f): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
Well, the rural areas are too often neglected by the government.

Sadly, this wouldn't be an issue if Nigeria had a proactive and responsible government.

1 Like

Re: A Message To The Youth by Validated: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2022

Re: A Message To The Youth by budaatum: 11:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
Col0gne:

Sadly, this wouldn't be an issue if Nigeria had a proactive and responsible government.

Consider.

This wouldn't be an issue if Nigeria had a proactive and responsible me, you, us.

1 Like

Re: A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 12:01am On Sep 30, 2022
Col0gne:

We have to make a good use of our PVC and vote for a compentent leader

1 Like

Re: A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 12:10am On Sep 30, 2022
Col0gne:

That is why we need to vote wisely and not for money

1 Like

Re: A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 12:15am On Sep 30, 2022
budaatum:

Consider.

This wouldn't be an issue if Nigeria had a proactive and responsible me, you, us.
Our youth needs orientation
Re: A Message To The Youth by budaatum: 12:19am On Sep 30, 2022
Tetolajnr:
Our youth needs orientation

Someone to orient them?
Re: A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 12:27am On Sep 30, 2022
budaatum:

Someone to orient them?
yes
Re: A Message To The Youth by budaatum: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2022
Tetolajnr:
yes

I guess farming is good orientation. It teaches where food comes from. And those who farm should not starve.

We should post a vacancy:

Orientator Required For Youths

Though I wonder if it shouldn't rather be:

Orientable Youths Required

The Force is with you Tetolajnr.
Re: A Message To The Youth by Tetolajnr(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
budaatum:

I guess farming is good orientation. It teaches where food comes from. And those who farm should not starve.

We should post a vacancy:

Orientator Required For Youths

Though I wonder if it shouldn't rather be:

Orientable Youths Required

The Force is with you Tetolajnr.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Know Your History, Atiku Is Not A Nigerian / The Father Of Corruption And Falsification Want To Be President / Scrum Master Training And Certification For IT & Non-it Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.