Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary (1084 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 / How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by 1nice(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by slivertongue: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
Move forward. That is in the past.

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:
that’s a very big stupid statement, no one forgets a massacre even ones that the issue that lead to it was solved talk more about this particular one that has never been solved.

9 Likes

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by slivertongue: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Arda1000:
that’s a very big stupid statement, no one forgets a massacre even ones that the issue that lead to it was solved talk more about this particular one that has never been solved.

NIGERIANS can't continue looking back always
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
Arda1000:

Ignore the unfeeling schmuck! Part of the reason Nigeria is in the mess it’s in today is because of lack of compassion and wickedness such as that fool exhibits!

A obvious wrong and injustice has been visited on a people, with no apology or recompense to the victims from the Nigerian state more than half a century later, and all he has to say is ‘move on….the past is the past’! Yet they still wonder why Ndigbo want out of this contraption!

10 Likes

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Ignore the unfeeling schmuck! Part of the reason Nigeria is in the mess it’s in today is because of lack of compassion and wickedness such as that fool exhibits!

A obvious wrong and injustice has been visited on a people, with no apology or recompense to the victims from the Nigerian state more than half a century later, and all he has to say is ‘move on….the past is the past’! Yet they still wonder why Ndigbo want out of this contraption!
thing is an average Nigeria don’t have conscience, you expect people you massacred millions of them as a matter of fact just forget about it….
Is African lives so value less?

7 Likes

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:

NIGERIANS can't continue looking back always
what do u mean by looking back, when u are sick do u just stay at home and expect to heal, u go to ur doctor he checks u, he prescribes drugs, you take and go back in a while to check up….
They are steps and measures taken so biafrans can feel ok to belong, you don’t just expect to forget about all the killings all the massacres happening even as we speak…. Does it make sense to u at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by gidgiddy: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:

Nobody moves foward from genocide without healing, its only those who genocide didnt happen to that find it easy to move on

3 Likes

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by DOTian: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:
Very easy to say when you are not the one at the receiving end.
No one is moving forward until these injustices are redressed

4 Likes

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Christistruth00: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
cool

For the sake of Balanced History

May Nigerians never fight each other again in Jesus Name Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkI5gObl-E&t=16s

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Fejoku: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
The only genocide the world still doesn't want to address but we will continue to fight until our voices are heard and all those involved are brought to book. Till date, our people are being murdered by fulani terrorists with having backing from the terrorist Nigerian army. Burning down our homes and markets. We world must address the hate Nigeria has against us.
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by slivertongue: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
Arda1000:
what do u mean by looking back, when u are sick do u just stay at home and expect to heal, u go to ur doctor he checks u, he prescribes drugs, you take and go back in a while to check up….
They are steps and measures taken so biafrans can feel ok to belong, you don’t just expect to forget about all the killings all the massacres happening even as we speak…. Does it make sense to u at all?

I didn't say forget but move forward. No one no matter the injustice stays in the same state. Until one moves forward the agressor will never show remorse, infact no one calls for justice until that person recovers though bearing the scares of the wounds that may not have healed. I didn't justify the atrocities of the past the ongoing ones but we have a future ahead of us in 2023 we can't keep drumming up the events of the past louder than our present state. If NIGERIANS preoccupy themselves with settling who is wrong and right before fighting for a common goal then our future would be stolen and we would spend another four years complaining. It's been the same ploy every election season, people who don't wish the victims well to throw up issues of the civil war in every election to divert the people attention.
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by slivertongue: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
gidgiddy:

Nobody moves foward from genocide without healing, its only those who genocide didnt happen to that find it easy to move on

Moving forward doesn't mean to forget. Glad to see alot of igbos doing great in various endeavors while still speaking out and that's what moving forward. What happened is well documented and the most reliable account is Frederick Forsyth. Not all those creating threads want any solution to the disaster that NIGERIA has become but to deepen it by encouraging unhelpful rhetorics that would be used against the people. Igbos may not have healed totally so also other innocent victims but we are heading there.
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:

I didn't say forget but move forward. No one no matter the injustice stays in the same state. Until one moves forward the agressor will never show remorse, infact no one calls for justice until that person recovers though bearing the scares of the wounds that may not have healed. I didn't justify the atrocities of the past the ongoing ones but we have a future ahead of us in 2023 we can't keep drumming up the events of the past louder than our present state. If NIGERIANS preoccupy themselves with settling who is wrong and right before fighting for a common goal then our future would be stolen and we would spend another four years complaining. It's been the same ploy every election season, people who don't wish the victims well to throw up issues of the civil war in every election to divert the people attention.
well that’s Your opinion we the aggrieved know what we want, we don’t want u to tell us what to do cus we are on it already, Nigeria has sworn to bully us and it’s all gonna end this coming months.

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by slivertongue: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Arda1000:
well that’s Your opinion we the aggrieved know what we want, we don’t want u to tell us what to do cus we are on it already, Nigeria has sworn to bully us and it’s all gonna end this coming months.

Ends this coming months?

Yeah my opinion. Those who broke the barriers of post 1970 didn't forget. They like the Jews kept it in their mind like 'never again' while pushing the frontier of greatness. Same is what I expect of igbos keep moving, apologies and remedies I'll follow.
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Jos, Kano, Zaria, Asaba

Etc...
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
slivertongue:

Ends this coming months?

Yeah my opinion. Those who broke the barriers of post 1970 didn't forget. They like the Jews kept it in their mind like 'never again' while pushing the frontier of greatness. Same is what I expect of igbos keep moving, apologies and remedies I'll follow.
believe it or not time for peace and dialogues is fast elapsing…. Like I said in coming months things we start taking shapes
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Igbos should stop twisting history. There is no history of masscre of igbos in 1966 in jos town.

Also there is a tendency of igbos to always falsify data and figure for agendas especially those with the victimhood mentality.

How about my people that the igbos massacre during the civil war.

Anyways, This is what happened in 1945

: In October 1945, the Hausa and the Ibo in the city of Jos fought one another for two days, during which at least two people were killed, many others injured, considerable property was destroyed or damaged, and Nigerian police and army units had to be brought in from Kaduna to restore order. Later, one man was tried for homicide.

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Sonyboom765: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
True It should not be forgotten neither should the murder of the prime minister, the premier of both western n northern region by the igbos too should not be forgotten.

Arda1000:
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Sonyboom765: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Buy your brother ihedioha say u should still vote for your Fulani killers but you have kept your mouth shit over that since.

Fejoku:
The only genocide the world still doesn't want to address but we will continue to fight until our voices are heard and all those involved are brought to book. Till date, our people are being murdered by fulani terrorists with having backing from the terrorist Nigerian army. Burning down our homes and markets. We world must address the hate Nigeria has against us.
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sonyboom765:
True It should not be forgotten neither should the murder of the prime minister, the premier of both western n northern region by the igbos too should not be forgotten.

that’s the useless mentality that brought about the uselessness of Nigerians…
A coup that was carried out by pro Nigerian soldiers who were trying to make the country better now termed Igbo coup…
Una stupid ajeh
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Sonyboom765: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
But the genocide is not pro Nigeria it was only Igbo. Can you now see you come from a tribe of exclusively foolish humans

Arda1000:
that’s the useless mentality that brought about the uselessness of Nigerians…
A coup that was carried out by pro Nigerian soldiers who were trying to make the country better now termed Igbo coup…
Una stupid ajeh
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by gidgiddy: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
We have bern killing and fighting our selves since 1960 in the name of a British colonial maxim known as "one Nigeria"

It is time to end Nigeria so we can all breathe

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Arda1000(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sonyboom765:
But the genocide is not pro Nigeria it was only Igbo. Can you now see you come from a tribe of exclusively foolish humans

should I educate you on everything does Biafra mean Igbo?
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Hyperchi(m): 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
What we have endured, I don't tink most tribe will bear it, not only jos killing

1 Like

Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by Sonyboom765: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Kanu needs your education on that not me

Arda1000:
should I educate you on everything does Biafra mean Igbo?
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:07am On Oct 01, 2022
Okonandmary:
Igbos should stop twisting history. There is no history of masscre of igbos in 1966 in jos town.

Also there is a tendency of igbos to always falsify data and figure for agendas especially those with the victimhood mentality.

How about my people that the igbos massacre during the civil war.

Anyways, This is what happened in 1945

: In October 1945, the Hausa and the Ibo in the city of Jos fought one another for two days, during which at least two people were killed, many others injured, considerable property was destroyed or damaged, and Nigerian police and army units had to be brought in from Kaduna to restore order. Later, one man was tried for homicide.

You come on here with a moniker ‘Okon and whatever’…trying to throw people off the scent that leads to your true Fulani or Yoruba identity! It’s mainly Igbo-hating bigots from these two places who are insanely interested in revising events leading up to and including the uncivil war! Why TF would any Akwa-Cross harbour the kind of bile, bitterness and hatred towards Ndigbo the way you shameless impostors do!? What exposes you is your rabid hatred towards Ndigbo…coupled with una daft posts (like the one i’m quoting) that try to paint Ndigbo as the ‘war criminals’ while TOTALLY IGNORING the actions of known Fulani and Yoruba war criminals who either took active part in committing war crimes in the field, or served in the evil Gowon gov’t and used their pens to do much worse!

Assuming, without conceding, that we go along with your daft assertion that Igbos’ massacred their Akwa-Cross neighbours during the uncivil war, what then are you waiting for before bringing said ‘atrocities’ before constituted authority so the Igbo ‘war criminals’ can be identified, exposed and punished!? Is your argument that since you had war crimes committed against you and kept quiet, that Ndigbo should too!?
Re: Massacre Of Igbo People In 1966 In Jos Recounted By Baptist Missionary by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:13am On Oct 01, 2022
Hyperchi:
What we have endured, I don't tink most tribe will bear it, not only jos killing

They have an unquenchable thirst for innocent Igbo blood! Even as we speak, they have both ‘official’ and ‘unofficial’ murderers all over the south-east, engaged in kidnapping and false-flag operations! They see Igbo life as NOTHING…WORTHLESS, and this is why they feel nothing when killing us for political or religious reasons!

(1) (Reply)

How Shettima Used Boko Haram To Kill Gubio So He Can Be The Next Governor / Over 8000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Yobe / God Forbids That I Betray My Christian Faith And Vote Muslim Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.