Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy (12583 Views)

Ebonyi: Appeal Court upholds Umahi's defection to APC / 2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Defection: Court Upholds Umahi’s Election As Ebonyi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Friday dismissed an appeal by Ann Nwanyibuife Agom-Eze and confirmed the Senatorial candidacy of Governor David Umahi.

The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Friday dismissed an appeal by Ann Nwanyibuife Agom-Eze and confirmed the Senatorial candidacy of Governor David Umahi.

The Court of Appeal set aside the judgment of the Federal High Court and all the orders it made.

It also held that the High Court was wrong when it upheld Ann’s Counter-affidavit and failed to uphold the primary election of 9th June, 2022 whereat Governor Umahi was nominated as the APC Senatorial candidate, as the nomination was never challenged by anybody within 14 days as prescribed by section 285(9) of the 1999 Constitution.

The appellate court proceeded to grant all the reliefs sought by Governor Umahi and the APC in the trial court.

source: https://www.channelstv.com/2022/09/30/appeal-court-upholds-umahis-senatorial-candidacy/amp/

17 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Chizzyjforce: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lucky him, unlike someone in far away Yobe State licking his wounds.

15 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
i told you. we celebrate only good news here.

sorry to ahmed lawan, congratulations to Umahi. my loving political father!

good news to all lovers of ebonyi state and ebonyi will keep getting better.

see you in the upper chamber next year senator umahi, congrats to APC ebonyi political family.

congrats to governor nwifuru 2023-2031 (APC).

read my signature

26 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
lalasticlala and mynd44 this is from channels TV ooooo

big win for tinubu in the SE, they will campaign for their APC senatorial ticket and tinubu in Ebonyi and Abia and Imo.

the constitutionally required 25% for electoral victory is assured for APC in these 3 Igbo states confirmed!

even buhari has 25% in ebonyi in 2019 without a sitting apc governor, local government chairmen or house of rep member, not to mention now they are all in apc

25 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by KingKO22: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Woow

Congratulations to Umahi
Congrats to Tinubu
Congrats to APC family

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Pabloosas(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
shocked
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by CilicMarin: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu will get at least 60% of Ebonyi votes in next year's election. You are free to cry ekungbere...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by money121(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by xpressionx(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
Supreme Court may thwart it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by graceypetee: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wrong judgment

I still sell showMax voucher

Incase

My signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by ATEAMS: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nawaooo
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Aareakinwunmi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
lucky him
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by judetov2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
So now in my country Nigeria, I can contest for a local gvt chairman seat, senate seat, governor's seat and as well as presidential seat and conduct primaries for each so that in case I loss one I may get one.... And yet the same law that forbid this act will still accept me if I am rich.... Wooooow, I luv Nigeria.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by FreeStuffsNG: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
More votes for APC and Asiwaju wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by broadman20: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
If they like let them kill themselves, it's APC people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Grace0122: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congratulations to him
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by DonMarkuzi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
ASI.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by elder1002: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
SENATE PRESIDENT OVER TO YOU grin grin cheesy

You want to eat your cake and have it.

Peter obi 2023-2030

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by sundayezege4(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congrats to tinubu as if umahi have 2 vote?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by richidinho(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is a miscarriage of justice, the apex court will do the needful

What is bad for Lawan is also bad for Umahi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Opinedecandid(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
Good luck to him
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Cmanforall: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
I hope his people like him, otherwise they will vote against him
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Cmanforall: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wow..
This man didn't lose
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Monday60655(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
In some occasions, I wonder the kind of judiciary that we have in this country. How can someone who did not participate in the first election join during the re-election. The same judiciary ruled against senate president Ahmed lawan in this same scenario, why is this one different?

10 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by oyichi: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congrats to pdp in court, it's illegal to participate in two primaries in an election season

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Parachoko: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
People who were jubilating because Obaseki got a favourable judgement in court will start wailing and condemn the Judiciary for this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by truthhurtsnaira: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:
i told you. we celebrate only good news here.

sorry to ahmed lawan, congratulations to Umahi. my loving political father!

good news to all lovers of ebonyi state and ebonyi will keep getting better.

see you in the upper chamber next year senator umahi, congrats to APC ebonyi political family.

congrats to governor nwifuru 2023-2031 (APC).

That's a Black person for you.... Celebrating deceit and devils... No wonder Oyibo are shooting una in the Western world, and Arabs dey stampede una

read my signature
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by jamace(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
xpressionx:
Supreme Court may thwart it.
Sure. Umahi breached the Electoral Law 2022. APC is bent on rendering the Electoral Law 2022 useless by any means. Very lawless party.

Politicians are not allowed to participate in 2 primary elections in One election year.

Umahi's case and that of Ahmad Lawan are same. Both of them have lost out.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by dam2000(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
You go lule last last ebony is PDP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by NnamdiN: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
He'll still lose to pdp

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
Mad judge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeseye Ogunlewe Dumps PDP For APC / Dangote, PH Refineries Face Crude Shortage Over Low Production – FG / Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.