Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS (15372 Views)

"Peter Obi Is Ethnically Cleansing Labour Party" - Alhaji Bashiru Apapa / Bashiru Dawodu Presents His Certificate Of Return To MC Oluomo / Press Release By APC Presidential Campaign Council On Election Collation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by nlfpmod: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Olamilekan Bashiru, an Ogun state-based journalist who was recently released from prison, is severely ill and has turned to his associates to raise funds for his treatment.

Spending 138 days at the Ibara facility of the Nigeria Correctional Service, Mr Bashiru was arrested by the State Security Service (SSS) in May after his website republished a story that detailed the criminal records of the state’s governor, Dapo Abiodun.

Although Mr Bashiru was granted bail by Abeokuta’s Division of the Federal High Court on June 21, the conditions, which included N3 million bail bond, and two senior civil servants as sureties, were very stringent and could not be met by his associate. The bail condition, according to his lawyer, Festus Ogun, was a deliberate effort to prolong his incarceration.

While in SSS detention and after his transfer to prison, Mr Bashiru was repeatedly tortured and held in inhumane conditions, deprived of sleep, clean water and other basic needs for human survival, Peoples Gazette learnt.

Upon his release on Wednesday, he was diagnosed with malaria, severe typhoid and other infections.

His health condition worsens by the minute, and the family has already spent much on the case with almost no resource left to take care of him,” Festus Afofun, a close associate of Mr Bashiru, told The Gazette.

https://gazettengr.com/journalist-persecuted-by-ogun-governor-terribly-ill-after-release/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Racoon(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
DSS hands are not clean @ all. BH terrorists invaded Kuje Prison effortlessly and release their colleagues without the DSS having an Intel on the planned attack.
But to harass innocent people, they will be flexing muscle.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by God1000(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
He should take DSS to court, I wish him speedy recovery.

DSS should stop the harassment and intimidation of innocent people

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by longetivity(m): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Winters23: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
Welcome to Buhari’s Nigeria

In other news, he wasn’t sleeping

20 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by lhordspy: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
Racoon:
DSS hands are not clean @ all. BH terrorists invaded Kuje Prison effortlessly and release their colleagues without the DSS having an Intel on the planned attack.
But to harass innocent people, they will be flexing muscle.

Stop saying what you dont know on a public forum with over 7m+ viewer as this. It makes you sound very ignorant and off-reality. You are embarrassing yourself.

Dss warned of the attack on kuje prison. The Correctional service confirmed this themselves. But they only said it took long before the intel could reach them, and before they could mobilize themselves and alert the security guiding and guarding the place it was late.

That was solely on the Correctional service, DSS did their work.

The correctional service even confirmed afterward that they received another intel on Nasarawa prison to be attacked. But this time, it got to them fast, and they were able to curtail and manage the situation.

Dont rely all on only AIT, and na!raland for your news and Start making allegations up and down. Make findings before you talk trash.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by igbowoman: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wicked governor Abiodun

33 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Starz825(m): 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
Na wa oo
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by mioli: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
Politics of blood, hate and oppression

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Tulsaguy: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
Na animals de run Naija. Na so one locked agba jalingo and another gave sowore city arrest since 20something.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
weak..

MNK has been there since..

Coward people..

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Iamcrypto: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
Okay
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by lezz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
DSS is now jobless police struggling for routine matters like ordinary law enforcement.

What a shame on DSS

2 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by holluwizzy: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
He has eaten illegal beans.

Better treat ur self n thank God it's DSS u went to not prison or cell.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Lanedo26: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
Will you like to recover all your bettīng losses? Gøøgle search LÜC LYON BC and visit the wēbsite to get all the information you need.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by OceanEye: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
Do it with care
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Chasssy: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
Never trust what you read online
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Monaboo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ogun State....hmmm

I travelled from Lagos to Ijebu-ode on Wednesday. That was my first time going there. The place was far to me o. It was like I was traveling from Lagos to the South East or maybe it's because it was my first time.

Things I noticed about the place.
1) it is not like Lagos atall.
2) Some of the people can not even understand and speak English. They only speak Yoruba.
3) It looks like a complete village. No, scrap that, IT IS A COMPLETE VILLAGE.
4) Houses there all look old and ancient.
5) Everywhere was just too mudy. Rain fell heavily.
6) The Okada riders smile alot or is it just to me
7) The Driver kept speaking Yoruba to me even when I couldnt hear him. His pidgin sef na war.

I can't believe I'm going to be living there for the next 3 years and yet I have not gotten Accomodation to start with cry

3 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Iliveforever(m): 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
Prison OHAMADIKE has been going and coming out that these guys are just going and falling sick after few days grin grin

Abeg levels dey.

GOD BLESS MNK
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Emman08: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wait what?

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by JooEeL(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
I despise this group of hooligans.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by GodsOwnMan: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
Want your future to be like lagos or Anambra or Adamawa? Like for lagos share Fõr Anambra and quote for Adamawa.

Note I’m compiling some data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by backnbeta(f): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
I wish you speedy recovery sir..naija is on the brinkundecided
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Iliveforever(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Want your future to be like lagos or Anambra or Adamawa? Like for lagos share Fõr Anambra and quote for Adamawa.

Note I’m compiling some data

I wish you present day Nigeria
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7359937/china-offers-huge-discount-indian
China offers discount to Indian businesses that settle their transactions in Chinese Yuan instead of US dollars.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Haywhy3579: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
U uncovered a story that is supposed to change is fortune from thousandnaire to millionaire but he naively drop the story and made peanut which is not even up to the cost of judiciary behind the story.he was ask to pay ordinary 3million bail bond and he could not afford it.
Verdict; don’t put righteousness into everything, there are times u have to use ur brain and that is y most journalist are poor and only a few of them are rich dude.
School: journalism is less porpular in school compare to other professions. In a sample space of 50 student, if u ask them what they will like to become in furure, hardly will u see one that will say journalist.
Re: Olamilekan Bashiru (Ogun Journalist) Sick After His Arrest & Release By DSS by Drbarmes(m): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Stop saying what you dont know on a public forum with over 7m+ viewer as this. It makes you sound very ignorant and off-reality. You are embarrassing yourself.

Dss warned of the attack on kuje prison. The Correctional service confirmed this themselves. But they only said it took long before the intel could reach them, and before they could mobilize themselves and alert the security guiding the place it was late.

That was solely on the Correctional service, DSS did their work.

The correctional service even confirmed afterward that they received another intel on Nasarawa prison to be attacked. But this time, it got to them fast, and they were able to curtail and manage the situation.

Dont rely all on only AIT, and na!raland for your news and Start making allegations up and down. Make findings before you talk trash.
No mind am. If DSS take him for questioning his people will start wailing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Senate To SGF; Defend Yourself Or Resignl / NNPC Rejects Falana’s FOI Request On Fuel Importation, Not A Public Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.