Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) (22892 Views)

See The Ripe Plantain I Bought #600 This Morning. / You Will Fall In Love With Unripe Plantain Porridge After Using This Recipe! / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Foodie1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
Aklee4994:
Na lie abeg how come person go buy 4 pieces of plantain for 1500 meaning one Na #375...I live in Lagos and I buy plantain 5 pieces at #500 yesterday...I mean fruitful plantain
thats how it is sold in my area, what do I gain from lying, ? undecided the soil in this North no dey favour plantain and banana, I Don try many times , and by the time the plantain sellers transport the plantain from Delta or Benin down to Yola, and the trucks spend 3 to 5 days on the road it must have ripped and spoilt , considering the distance, that's why it's costly.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Spent about 1,500
The pot came in set.
lol did you mean N1500 Naira? I believe you made a mistake. From where did you buy it?
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
cry
gloryhomemaker:

Honestly I have not made any of the above except kilishi but I believe it can be learned.
Boko haram harmed the whole country.
Chai sad cry
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Ujm1: 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Foodie1:
thats how it is sold in my area, what do I gain from lying, ? undecided the soil in this North no dey favour plantain and banana, I Don try many times , and by the time the plantain sellers transport the plantain from Delta or Benin down to Yola, and the trucks spend 3 to 5 days on the road it must have ripped and spoilt , considering the distance, that's why it's costly.

Makes a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
Foodie1:
yes, a pieces in four places.
What! It's been sold around 300-500 here.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Francis95(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Plantain porridge is healthy and very nutritious. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make the yummiest and tasty plantain porridge. I used the half ripe plantains as the completely ripe one will be too sweet and the completely unripe one will be too strong.

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains

Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnnZM4Xur5E

STEPS:

In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions and fry for a minute.
Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt. (Your seasoning and salt should be proportional to the quantity of food you are cooking)
Add in water, should be same level with the plantain.
Add in the plantain and mix properly, taste for salt and seasoning and adjust if need be.
Add in the dry fish and cover to cook till the plantain is soft.
Add in the washed and sliced scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

I will be making this tomorrow following your method but will use unripe plantain.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by KingMack(m): 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Don't mind him, your ration plenty well well.
Him no sabi better food.

I f*cking love this food!!!

Even if it's Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

And back 2fort I don't f*cking get tired that's one thing I miss about Umuahia angry

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:49am On Oct 04, 2022
Francis95:

I will be making this tomorrow following your method but will use unripe plantain.

Completely unripe is nice for some people but I use the half ripe so the children can also partake. We await the pictures as usual cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:51am On Oct 04, 2022
fineboynl:
lol did you mean N1500 Naira? I believe you made a mistake. From where did you buy it?

Were you asking for the amount of making the plantain porridge or the price for the pots?
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 5:22am On Oct 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Were you asking for the amount of making the plantain porridge or the price for the pots?
the pot ofcourse. You don't know what stainless sandwich bottom pot means? That's clad stainless steel or better known as capsules bottom sandwich pot.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2022
fineboynl:
the pot ofcourse. You don't know what stainless sandwich bottom pot means? That's clad stainless steel or better known as capsules bottom sandwich pot.

Take it easy ooooo
I thought you were asking for the food.
I don't know the name of the pot, to me when I get to the market and see the pot I like, I go for it without studying the name.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Take it easy ooooo
I thought you were asking for the food.
I don't know the name of the pot, to me when I get to the market and see the pot I like, I go for it without studying the name.
ok how m much and how many set. you know stainless steel has hot spots and burnt food. The bottom is paded as other mental is added in-between. Majorly alluminium. That create even temperature for cooking. Is not that what the pot is? Thick and heavy?

It might be only the bottom and the more expensive one is all side. Look at the diagram

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2022
fineboynl:
ok how m much and how many set. you know stainless steel has hot spots and burnt food. The bottom is paded as other mental is added in-between. Majorly alluminium. That create even temperature for cooking. Is not that what the pot is? Thick and heavy?

It might be only the bottom and the more expensive one is all side. Look at the diagram

Thank you for the enlightenment.
It is a carton set with other utensils like cooking spoons, knives, etc.
Pots, sauce pan, fry pan, etc.

Not so sure of the price now but about 60k
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Francis95(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
Plantain porridge is healthy and very nutritious. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make the yummiest and tasty plantain porridge. I used the half ripe plantains as the completely ripe one will be too sweet and the completely unripe one will be too strong.

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnnZM4Xur5E

STEPS:

In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions and fry for a minute.
Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt. (Your seasoning and salt should be proportional to the quantity of food you are cooking)
Add in water, should be same level with the plantain.
Add in the plantain and mix properly, taste for salt and seasoning and adjust if need be.
Add in the dry fish and cover to cook till the plantain is soft.
Add in the washed and sliced scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

I just made this right now following your procedures. It’s very delicious 😅

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Francis95:

I just made this right now following your procedures. It’s very delicious 😅

Wow! It's been a while, I thought you have japaed grin
Enjoy your meal.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Francis95(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Wow! It's been a while, I thought you have japaed grin
Enjoy your meal.
Lol thanks. Please don’t stop posting o

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
Francis95:

Lol thanks. Please don’t stop posting o

Sure, thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.