Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD (40018 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue / Ezeanochie Lilian, Female Cobbler: 'Joblessness Inspired Me To Be A Cobbler' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Godspowerpro: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
To GOD be all Glory
GODSPOWERPROJECT

in Nigeria, after school there's no work. You just have to make a means of survival for yourself

Boluwatife Rosanje is the proud shoemaker-CEO of RARE Creations (acronyms derived from- Rosanje Anuoluwapo Rebecca Evangel).
Last born in a family of 4 kids to Mr. & Mrs Rosanje from Odogbolu local government in Ijebu, Ogun state, the multifaceted Boluwatife shares her experiential journey as a female shoemaker with GODSPOWERPROJECT

GPP- How has the experience been?

RARE- It has been wonderful, you know how life is, sometimes business will be rosy and other times somehow, but in everything you just have to give thanks to GOD, because I really appreciate GOD, it's not by my power neither by my might.

GPP- What continues to motivate you?

RARE- I think me, I see myself as a product of grace, and the support and encouragement I get from my family and friends continue to push me to do more and do better.

GPP- What are your Major challenges

RARE- Basically financial challenges and another challenge to me is the schooling aspect. I graduated secondary school about 3-4 years ago, now imagine my mates are in school, learning, my major concern now is I dont want to see my mates and dodge, that's my major prayer. Me not being in school now, GOD knows best, even Nigeria itself is so messed up, because I wrote jamb and passed, but the university are doing as they like. My major challenge is the need to work on my finance, family and schooling.

GPP- Let's discuss greatest reward and memorable moments

RARE-
Rare Creations will be 2 years by October 17, I was trying to pen down my customer database, I couldn't document them all and I just decided I'd just throw a general anniversary party where everyone should just come, because I intended to do something special for my customers but I lost count. I really thank GOD for every reward, support and love from everywhere.

GPP- Your advice to general public?

RARE- After GOD, the first thing in life is loving yourself, when you love yourself and know what you love, because I know I'm a fashion person and so in life, you have to have self discovery, self confidence and high self esteem. The road to self discovery involves knowing what makes you happy because your happiness should be your first priority because there are times you'll be down with nobody to help, so you have to cheer yourself up. Like I noticed sketching illustrations works for me.

GPP- Don't you feel intimidated in this Male dominated hustle

RARE- Do I? I don't, I'm even proud of it actually, you know it makes a difference being a lady-shoemaker. I say yes, I'm proud of my job, that's what I do for a living.
I came across my boss- a female making footwear and I thought, 'wow, a lady can do this too', but every of her apprentices were male. It became 'since she can do this, I can learn it also' so I had it in mind to learn it.

GPP- Where do you see RARE Creations in 2 years?

RARE- I see the business going international outside Nigeria, though that involves working on myself first, because you just can't go international without knowing what the international market entails, the locations and you know the way we satisfy our Nigerian customers cannot be the same way to satisfy our abroad customers. I want to see my works in boutiques over there, partnering with businesses and companies over there. Home and abroad actually, because you cannot go there and forget your source

GPP- Describe your relationship with GOD

RARE- I use it as a slang already, when GOD is your Sugar Daddy, you just do anyhow. Because me and GOD just click. HE'S my close pal. We discuss and do things together.
Being a lady in a male industry, there are some touches there, but GOD is my close Pal. HE never leaves me, always with me.

GPP- If not this business what would you be doing now?

RARE- If not this business probably as I graduated from school I'd be in a hurry to enter university and then when I'm done with university I'll now come back because in Nigeria, after school there's no work. You just have to make a means of survival for yourself.

GPP- What is the common misconception about ladies in this profession?

RARE- People get it wrong by saying it's a guys work dont forget the saying that "what a man can do a woman can do better" and some people say it's a dirty job and I use to tell people my Yoruba proverb that says "its inside the dirt that we find money "

GPP- So how do you handle clients who ask you out?

RARE- Clients who ask me out I go straight to the point, if I'm interested I'll tell you but if I'm not, we'll just maintain client-customer relationship. I dont bring fun or pleasure into my business. There was a time I had a boyfriend, I said to him 'when it's time to work let's go straight to the point about business here and when we talk about our relationship that's another ballgame. If you want to make pam, bro you're gonna pay but I might give boyfriend discount but you're gonna pay

GPP- How did the RARE Creations come about?

RARE- I was in school when I got the RARE,
I was class captain and there's this room where I usually pray or read. This particular day I was observing a personal fast and the inspiration just popped. So I started wondering what the RARE meant. I have not dreamt of this shoemaking venture then. I only got the name first and over time it started coming to me

R- Rosanje/ Rebecca
A- Anuoluwapo/Adetutu
R- Rebecca
E- Evangel

I asked my mum how my Evangel name came about and she said they were on evangelism outreach when she gave birth to me. I was given birth to during evangelism.
So later when I learned the business and looking for a brand name, the RARE was whistling in my head, in my heart and everywhere and I just added the Creations. RARE Creations has been in existence for over 2 years
FB- RARE Creations
Instagram- Mhiz_rare

Where I mostly post pictures of my works

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Bobloco: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
You are doing well

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by favour2222: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Am proud of you too

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by rayjeroh: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Godspowerpro: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
nansia:
God Bless your talent sweetheart

GOD be praised, she can be reached
08-08289-561-0

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by robinso01(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Proud of you . Urgent 2k geng u dey see?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Kirkman: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2022
I am very proud of her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by CondemnBattery(f): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Congratulations to you, you're doing well.

Hope you're Obi-dient?

Urchins are scared of four of us tweeting from a room.

They now coerce Lagos market women to march in support of Amoda.

They even posted pictures claiming they are pictures from Benue where youths are supporting Iragbiji native

Show me one banner indicating that these people came out for Tinubu.

17 Likes

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Great job , proud of you

1 Like

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by chieveboy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Reminds me of this guy in Calabar Emmanuel Ezima CEO of A-Z Couture in I think Calabar or so. The guy had been empowering so many youth and it's high time our ladies begin to look into this kind of vocations.

Another girl in Ghana is doing wonders making shoes.
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by ipobarethieves: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
cool
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Chijeep(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
May we never labour in vain...

2023 will be a new beginning where hardwork and legit hustle will pay far better than yahooism and hookupism.

Obi is here already...
The movement can't wait till feb 2023

2 Likes

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Godstiger(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
Amazing,keep it up.
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by LaSenior: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
grin

Find this girl Marry am give her 1million to invest in her business while I run mine

1 Like

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Slynation(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
That's a very good one..

1 Like

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Pells: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
On a low you still swallow dick too grin wink
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Racoon(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
"A man's gift maketh a way for him......"
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by tiswell(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
hookup for night,cobbler for day fa!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Jahzrockballer(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Keep it up
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by tishbite41(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
U no dey proud anything
Na Naija condition everybody

1 Like

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by owobokiri(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
As long as Oloshos in Naija can easily make in a night what most honest workers make in a month, they will always see the thing between their legs as the ultimate office work!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by ekaette1621: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
LOOK AT TINUBU'S MATE DOING WONDERS, while Baba is in London Home For Old Persons waiting patiently for his drugs.

As for Atiku the Dubai President, US government is patiently waiting for him to step his CORRUPT foot there.

I'M OBIdiently YUSful.
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by Faber(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
For una mind now, this one na wife material. Shoe makers don widen this one pussy, e go even accommodate that Tinubu Agbado gym bike.

Fear Nigeria girls doing professions meant for men. They hardly stay professional. Shoe makers are known randy men, especially in Aba. So I pity for who go simpingly go wife this one.

Finally, her shoes na wash, I don patronise her before.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by VeryWickedGoat: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
Does she offer home services?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by seandurse(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
shocked
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by lordparcel: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
grin
Her Mouth fit de collect something huge low-key

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by DanielPat01: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
For not deciding to sell her body to men for stipends despite all odds, May God bless her beyond her imagination.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by FuckTheMod: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
GOOD

Far better than what all these slutz and whorez with numerous bodycount do.

Lazy ass whorez sleeping with various guys and married men

Later, they'll be looking for one rich, handsome and Godly man to take them home as a wife. IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH ALL OF YOU.

And if you're a girl reading this and your bodycount is more than 2, YOU ARE A WH0RE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by constance500: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
This shouldn't be a news... Many ladies/ guys are doing the same job
Re: I'm Proud Of My Job- Pretty Cobbler Boasts In GOD by bigdammyj: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
Kudos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Madam Sacked Me Because I Killed A Snake In Her Compound / Why Ekiti Police Sacked Pregnant Policewoman / Nigeria Prison Service Commission Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.