Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,539 members, 7,857,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone (1597 Views)

Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan / Fuel Scarcity Strike Organised To Sabotage My Govt –jonathan / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Beaf: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
[size=14pt]When govt commits 90 % earnings on wages, how do you embark on devt projects? Aregbesola asks[/size]
On August 15, 2011 · In News

By GBENGA OLA
OSOGBO—Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, weekend, said his government was not elected to serve the interest of workers alone but, the entire citizens of the state.

The governor however said that workers were part of the machinery of governments anywhere in the world to serve the people.

Speaking on the ongoing strike by public workers in the state over the implementation of the N18.000 minimum wage, which entered its second week, Aregbesola noted that it was erroneous to think that the government existed only for the welfare of workers.

According to him, “For long we have been under this erroneous impression that the welfare of the workers alone is the purpose of governance. No! Workers are part of the machinery of government for the delivery of excellent service to the people.

“If you then commit the entire resources belonging to the state to the payment of workers who are only on the payroll of the government, what happens to millions of other people who are also stakeholders in the same state who are not on the payroll of the government? Don’t they have right to access to good roads?

“Don’t they have right to access qualitative education? Are you not going to provide water for the generality of the people? You must be able to provide good infrastructure but all these will remain dreams if all you do is to pay salaries and nothing else remains. When a government commits over 90 per cent of its total earnings on salaries of workers alone, how do you embark on development projects?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/when-govt-commits-90-earnings-on-wages-how-do-you-embark-on-devt-projects-aregbesola-asks/
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Beaf: 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2011
Basically, if you are a worker in Osun, you bera learn to eat raw onions or grass. Na wa! embarassed
What a way to abdicate responsibilities!
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by okadaman2: 2:55am On Aug 16, 2011
^
Even you know the the guy is absolutely right. The civil service population of Osun can't be more than 5% of total population. It will be wrong and stupid to spend all your money on them. But you will not admit that right? Because you are dishonest so you are trying to spin something strange out of it.

BTW, you just called another Yoruba governor a Rascal? You dey invite trouble.

If they start referring to your GEJ as a drunken Fisherman now, you go begin dey cry bigot bigot bigot? Posting pictures like a little girl grin
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by ektbear: 3:05am On Aug 16, 2011
Aregbesola is 100% correct. Less recurrent expenditure, more capital expenditure is the only way for Nigeria (or any of its states) to move forward.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by tpia5: 3:07am On Aug 16, 2011
what's the reason for beaf's incessant interest in osun state when he claims to be from delta.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by ektbear: 3:08am On Aug 16, 2011
tpia@:

what's the reason for beaf's incessant interest in osun state when he claims to be from delta.

Aregbe has been smashing Beaf's wife
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by koruji(m): 3:56am On Aug 16, 2011
That is the job GEJ gave him. If ACN says something against the new "maximum" ruler it is Beaf's job to come on NL and say bad things in return, even if he starts sounding silly after a while he must earn his keep grin grin grin

tpia@:

Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 16, 2011
beaf needs the sw states to remain dependent on the fg so he can come and spam nl with his 'nd is feeding you parasites' crap

why he no go fear? aregbesola is putting osun on the path to giving the finger to the fg, much like tinubu did.

our pdp hypocrite cannot stand that. his blather about true federalism and self sufficiency of states is dead.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by dayokanu(m): 5:35am On Aug 16, 2011
So according to Beaf Osun State should commit 90% of their earnings to paying Salary?
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by ektbear: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2011
oyb:

our pdp hypocrite cannot stand that.  his blather about true federalism and self sufficiency of states is dead.

Hehe. Beaf I think envisions a "true federalism" in which state governors continue business as usual, living for today rather than investing for tomorrow.

How do you expect your true federalism to ever happen if states continue pissing away their allocations? Is governance in which 90%+ of allocations is wasted on recurrent expenditure likely to lead to long term prosperity?

Perhaps he envisions a "true federalism" in which the other parts of Nigeria become the SS's slave.

Hell no to that.

Carry go, Aregbe
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Johndoe100(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2011
The truth is that most states pay 80% or more of their income / allocation to pay wages, why the false tears now? He should take the hit like a man and find a solution that does not short change the workers.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 16, 2011
beaf wants aregbseola to run osun like pdp has run nigeria

all recurrent expenditure and no progress
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by OmoLisabi(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2011
Beaf na one kind con man. He makes money out of CALUMNY
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by ektbear: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2011
Johndoe100:

The truth is that most states pay 80% or more of their income / allocation to pay wages, why the false tears now? He should take the hit like a man and find a solution that does not short change the workers.

Another senseless statement. In your own personal life, do you piss away 90% of your money and only do something useful with it? If someone is in that situation, you'll tell them to "take their hit like a man"? You'd suggest perhaps borrowing to finance an unsustainable lifestyle perhaps? Borrowing to pay worker salaries?

Na wa o

May people who think like you and Beaf never gain power in Nigeria. You can run your own states in as profligate a manner as you like, but don't object to anyone else running their own state with a bit of common sense.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Another senseless statement. In your own personal life, do you piss away 90% of your money and only do something useful with it? If someone is in that situation, you'll tell them to "take their hit like a man"? You'd suggest perhaps borrowing to finance an unsustainable lifestyle perhaps? Borrowing to pay worker salaries?

Na wa o

May people who think like you and Beaf never gain power in Nigeria. You can run your own states in as profligate a manner as you like, but don't object to anyone else running their own state with a bit of common sense.

too late for that sad sad

they are already in the senate and aso rock and the FEC
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by ektbear: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2011
^-- Bleh, was in the middle of correcting the typos in my post, hehe
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by foreman: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Na wa o

Are you in Nigeria? They have been in power since 1979. Its the same idea regardless of who is at the helm of affairs. The big idea is to keep everybody subservient to the leaders, like slavery. The northern oligarchs operate this very well and I think SS people are not much different from the northerners. They can spend every dime they have today not minding what happens tomorrow.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2011
okada_man:

^
Even you know the the guy is absolutely right. The civil service population of Osun can't be more than 5% of total population. It will be wrong and silly to spend all your money on them. But you will not admit that right? Because you are dishonest so you are trying to spin something strange out of it.

BTW, you just called another Yoruba governor a Rascal? You dey invite trouble.

If they start referring to your GEJ as a drunken Fisherman now, you go begin dey cry bigot bigot bigot? Posting pictures like a little girl grin
ROFLMAO. . . .I heard he's married but how he indeed behaves like a little girl still baffles me too.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by foreman: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2011
Even the national budget allocates more money to recurrent than capital.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2011
tpia@:

Because Osun state seems to be the only Yoruba state PDP couldn't capture during the presidential elections. You know he is for PDP.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by mosalab(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2011
If he can't pay the minimum wage then what profitable project has he carried out in nine month. RASCAL indeed
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2011
Leave BEAF alone, he is just pitching his Propaganda Skills after the successfully GEJ campaign run. who says a dog has to bury just his bones grin
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Beaf: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2011
Lol! We have the usual foolish screaming from the usual senselessly jibber jabbering crew! Some daft and bigoted ones are asking why I am commenting on Nigeria's most useless governor, but they will be the first to scream murder about Yerima, Ibori etc who were governors of other states. Rubbish.

Aregbesola spends only 3 days a month in Osun (the rest in Lagos or abroad), and yet he is wondering why his state generates nothing and pays above the national average as wages? shocked We must put him in prayer. Lol!
Damn! 3 days a month only in his state? Thats got to be an all time record, even Abacha who claimed not to ever read the news never attained that level of laziness and utter uselessness.

Why can't the man just stay in the state he is meant to govern and actually get it making some money, so that he can pay the bloody minimum wage , intead of making absolutely ridiculous statements. A great part of the reason he was elected was to see to the welfare of workers, but there he is claiming he wasnt elected to pay wages.

What a governor! Lol! That guy is set to overtake the likes of Barkin Zuwo for the production of official comedy. grin
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by maclatunji: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Demdem(m): 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2011
some peeps are just noted for peddling lies.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by foreman: 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2011
Beaf

Please link me up abegi, your job must be a well paying job man. And you do it so well at least on nairaland.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by dankol: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2011
I fear 4 him, he wld nt only b d most useles gov bt most disgraced gov out of ofice. Most pple are nw regretin it. Such is life sha,
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Gbawe2: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
dankol:

I fear 4 him, he wld nt only b d most useles gov bt most disgraced gov out of ofice. Most pple are nw regretin it. Such is life sha,

comical to see pre-election level of spin still working on those without their own minds or the zeal to investigate issues for themselves . This is how they packaged GEJ , an incompetent administrator with a very poor history in public office, as "a performer" yet some of you gobbled it up. Now they inversely want to stand logic on its head by telling us a man with a distinguished history as a commisioner , who has not actually placed a foot wrong despite what mischief makers may say ,  is the worst governor in Nigeria .

The big joke is that some people cannot even appreciate how silly they sound . If Aregbesola is shaping up to be the worst Governor in Nigeria to be "disgraced out of office" then we cannot be talking about the same Nigeria where [b]majority of Governors [/b]are grossly indolent, hideously corrupt and insensitively blatant thieves doing nada for their States.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
Its no longer about paying 90% of the state income to 5% of the populace now its about Aregbesola spending 3 days in Osun.

I laff

At least we know how Alams was governing Bayelsa from Port harcourt
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Johndoe100(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Na wa o

As you are aware the state government AGREED to pay the new wage why the lies now?
My state is well able to pay the new wage, we don't lie like your state. We just think that when a person (read ACN governor), makes a promise we expect him to do what he promised. I am aware that most of the internet Nigerians on this forum have decided to ignore this, so that they can support their funny govenor.

@dayakanu
sinse you are here, it is confirmed that resoable thought is absent from this thread.
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Johndoe100:

@dayakanu
sinse you are here, it is confirmed that resoable thought is absent from this thread.

grin grin grin
Does your state offer free education ?
Re: Rascal: My Govt Not Elected To Serve Interest Of Workers Alone by Beaf: 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Its no longer about paying 90% of the state income to 5% of the populace now its about Aregbesola spending 3 days in Osun.

I laff

At least we know how Alams was governing Bayelsa from Port harcourt

Dude, the lament is about the indescribable iresponsibilty of Aregbesola. You can spend your years flapping about, looking for stuff in other parts of the country, but the last I heard, ALL other governors actually spend their time in their home states, not living in Lagos and junketting on useless "waiting for dry season" trips abroad. Other governors are actually trying to serve their states AND ARE ACTUALLY PAYING THEIR STAFF. Gedit?

Whoever heard of a governor that thinks the workers his state employs are an economic burden, yet won't even stay at home to fix things? Who knows of any gov in the whole country apart from AregbeRASCAL that thinks paying workers is someone elses responsibilty. Unu make mek pesin kres wit laf o!! grin grin grin grin grin
How ridiculous can things get? Lol! anyways, the man has already started calling himself "Ogbeni" at age 54, next thing he will be emperor (albeit one without clothes).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili Erects N150m Country Home On Nafdac Land! / Petroleum Minister's Displays $20,000 Handbag At Meeting With Labour / Rochas Grants KOSOVO Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.