Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,408 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu (345 Views)

Opinion: 2023 Presidential Election Result Statistical Projections Based On Data / Labour Party Election Song For Peter Obi By CAMPO (Video, Pics) / Opinion: 2023, Bola Tinubu And The Cost Of Political Miscalculation - Ant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by Laspotect247(m): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
Opinion: 2023, and the fate of Peter Obi by @omobabaijebu

His Excellency Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe was Governor-general 16th November 1960, in what some people tagged as being a ceremonial president, considering the incident that happened before he was elected Governor General. If you recall, this wouldn't have happened if he didn't not form an alliance with the northern people congress which gave birth to Tafawa- balewa becoming the prime minister.

As easy as you want to make Nigeria politics look like, you need alliances to win elections. Without such alliances you might win on pages of newspapers and not in real life.

Azikwe played his card well, and fast forward to 1999 when we returned to the democratic rule, the northern Alliance helped His Excellency Olusegun Obasanjo win that election.

Overtime in Africa and other parts of the world, for you to win, you must make alliances especially when you're from the minority zone, definitely ethnicity and religion play a key role when citizens choose her leaders.

As 2023 approaches, peter obi is winning the minds of million of youth like myself but we must look at the pathway to election victory in our country and the chances of Mr Peter Obi in the 2023 election:

Following the pattern of results from the 2019 election where Gen. Muhammadu Buhari defeated Alh. Atiku Abubakar you will see that despite Atiku having more votes in the south, he lost with about 4million votes.

Where do these 4 million votes come from ? They come from a place where the name Peter Obi is not heard, and if we must be truthful to ourselves we would know that without votes coming from that place he will lose the election.

Like I have always advised my friends who are Obedient, the Obi presidency is achievable but take the message to sora dosa, argungun, kotagora,katari, funtua etc.

We also have a strong presidential aspirant from the southwest, which means the path to a southern presidency in 2023 is not clear. Any candidate that can deliver 60% of the northern votes will win this election with a landslide.

The "Igbophobia" syndrome among the northerners is another reason they will rather queue behind another candidate than a south-eastern president. So if you think it's an easy ride for Peter Obi, it's not. There's alot to deal with.

I'm not a fan of large campaign gatherings, people are hungry and most times they won't even come through when you need them, so we need to start looking for votes where it rural areas for Peter Obi, the underdeveloped areas where they can easily sell their votes for a pot of porridge.

It may also interest you to know that, for you to become the president of this country you must win 25% of votes in two-third states of the federation including the F.C.T else there will be a re-run, It's just 4 months to the general election, How do obedient people intend to achieve this? What are the plans to tackle vote buying and inducement, elections in Nigeria are expensive, what is the financial power of the labor party ? If the aforementioned questions are not duly answered then the labor party is not ready to take over the helm of affairs.

The choice of vice-president is also a major block to achieving a Peter-obi presidency, the likes of senator hunkuyi, Rabiu kwakwaso, sen Shekarau, sen Ningi, sen Marafa would have pulled more votes up north, Datti Ahmed is a paper weight politician and bring nothing except logistics supports to the Peter obi presidential campaign.

MY VERDICT: I'm not God, but I'm convinced that Peter Obi will do well in the south, but the numbers from the north might let him down , thereby losing the election.
P.S : It is open to criticism �

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by benuejosh: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
Peter Obi is a social media President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by youngmd: 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
So if atiku win only d North he will become Nigeria president then u must be a joker

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by general111(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Peter obi needs 25% votes in 23 states to become president..
This is very achievable, only that it will require lots of work...

No one should abuse me, else i will just ignore you
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by naturalman: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Underating Baba Ahmed Datti is the worst anyone can do.
Underrate him at your peril
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by naturalman: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2022

And remember, this is not election as usual.

We are voting along ethnic and religious line.

All the christians weather north or south are behind obi.

Southern Nigeria, especially SS and SE are in obi's bag.
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by Tinubuagbado: 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ok

Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by general111(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
naturalman:

And remember, this is not election as usual.

We are voting along ethnic and religious line.

All the christians weather north or south are behind obi.

Southern Nigeria, especially SS and SE are in obi's bag.
people who dont understand the implication of this will soon start abusing you
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by indemnityy: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
benuejosh:
Peter Obi is a social media President.
You are still sleeping, wake up, collect your money.
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by NothingDoMe: 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2022
I can bet 50k that this post will hit front page. All Anti-Obi opinion posts ALWAYS hits front page. Especially after a massive outing by the Labor Party or a demoralizing day for APC. cheesy
Re: Opinion: 2023, And The Fate Of Peter Obi By @omobabaijebu by PeterObi4LP: 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
I love the way Obi gives urchies them sleepless night and they keep creating thread for him thereby boasting his popularity.

(1) (Reply)

Federal High Court Affirms Obioma As Valid PDP Reps Candidate For Oshodi/isolo 2 / The Appointments Of The Court Of Appeal Judges / Shut Up Ohanaeze, Peter Obi Is Aspiring To Be The President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.