Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back (6839 Views)

I Got A Job In UK, Now This! / I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2022
CUMIN:

They will never listen to you. They will even tag you as an enemy of progress.

If you are doing well in Nigeria. There's no reason you should give up everything and run, visiting would have been better.
head of exam in BC Nigeria on a salary of 1.2m per month just resign and jump into teir 4 japa now dey care home to push disabled wrinkled oyinbo grannies up and down on wheelchair .even oyinbo will be laughing at our stupidity ! when over 30 of the they same BC Nigeria enjoying live here with drivers ,Maid and cooks the type of life style they cannot afford in their country!

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2022
Helpout12345:
Another one. It's like APC is now paying online agents to discourage Nigerians from leaving the country
why would Apc do that when it create employment opportunities .36000 left this year meaning 36000 new job opportunities for the teaming youths and more remittance to our forex markets .so it helps the Apc govt in job creation .the federal government has not created 36000 job openings
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by favinvest: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2022
One question I keep asking..

Why are Europeans or Americans or Canadians or the Australians not going to the UK for their Msc & paying tuition of over £13,000 per yr..?

The UK educational information can still b gotten somewhere else in Europe at a lower cost.. I think this is why!

Stop dashing UK ur hard earn naira . £1 = 810naria..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2022
favinvest:

Why are Europeans or Americans or Canadians or the Australians not going to the UK for their Msc & paying tuition of over £13,000 per yr..?

The UK educational information can still b gotten somewhere else in Europe at a lower cost.. I think this is why!

the added question will be why can't Uk citizens afford it and need govt intervention in student loan to pay

1 Like

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Hydroxide(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2022
favinvest:

Greetings bro. Which European country has a lower cost of doing Masters?
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by budaatum: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2022
favinvest:

They are coming, in droves for that matter, though I don't know how much they pay, but Russells are a great attraction for any from those places you listed. Going to one of them is like inheriting a forever giving gold mine plus staff mining your gold for free.

The below is for US. You may want to research the other places and let us know what you find.

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2022
Hydroxide:
Greetings bro. Which European country has a lower cost of doing Masters?
Portugal , Germany ( free) ,Norway ( Free)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by RepoMan007: 11:25am On Oct 05, 2022
Bandwagon effect on Nigerians who suddenly think advanced nations are easy to navigate.
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by SenatePresdo(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2022
Moh247:

Someone made a similar thread to jappa people and I expressed my personal opinion.. these jappa people started blasting me .. I just smiled .

Security 12 hours shift standing with few hours break, dish washer at a low budget restaurant working nonstop

Japaa is not for everybody.

Some Nigerians are Rich enough that they can't wash dish in any country.

Some people migrates for better environment, and security.

Not primarily hustle.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by dupyshoo: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2022
Sure this story is a fiction.

However, it is good for some people to travel to the UK and do care jobs and the likes, so they can understand that there is dignity in labour. Maybe they will learn to treat their drivers and maid well and also pay them the correct wages. You have a lot of money, buy latest cars but pay 20k to your maid and driver!!! Mscheew!!! Nigerians that thrive on seeing other people suffering.

Munamoqel:
This chap is 36 year old drive a Benz 2020 ,lives in a posh area .he has a driver and maid that does laundry the wife work In a Telco and everybody was japing like the world will end in Nigeria ! After 18 month Najia with all our baggage is still here. Don't believe the alarmist that japa is the only way to succeed ! Developing Nations has potential to enterprenures !

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Japaa is not for everybody.

Some Nigerians are Rich enough that they can't wash dish in any country.

Some people migrates for better environment, and security.

Not primarily hustle.
Japa is not for rich and upper middle class ! they are going for education and can afford it . They don't sell anything to travel to the uk or anywhere to study .they go on vacation . JAPAAAA na poor and hustling people slang to escape they resign from work sell everything including pot and gas cooker to raise money! Within concern davido with Japa .

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2022
dupyshoo:
Sure this story is a fiction.

However, it is good for some people travel to UK and do care jobs and the like, so they can understand that there is dignity in labour. Maybe they will learn to treat their drivers and maid well and also pay them the correct wages. You have a lot of money, buy latest cars but pay 20k to your maid and driver!!! Mscheew!!! Nigerians that thrive on seeing other people suffering.

you head no correct to advice a successful business Man to leave his progressive business to be wheeling rinkled age oyinbo up and down in some cases mental home . Una stupidity for Africa No part 2 !
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
He was already ok what was he looking for again in life....

He just won belong to the class of rich men that relocated oversea....Our mentality sha
You dont just move from your country to another country because you have the money to, you move because you found a better greener pasture not because you just want to move....
Nigeria is not a bad place for the rich but a bad a bad place for the poor, develop country is a bad place for the rich
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Lordofistanbul: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
believe me bills fit kill person for Europe ooo, honestly speaking nothing special in abroad, we need hold our leaders accountable for the rubbish going on in this country, Nigeria wud have been a great nation if not for the crops of bad leadership that hold the country in bondage,if only we youths can stand and fight against those bastards milking the wealth of this country dry, despite my travels experience to both Europe and Asia, ah beg nothing special there walahi, I rather stay back here and build my investment and take time out for holiday abroad once awhile, stay back and fight for ur right , let’s make Nigeria better.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Acidosis(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
...no European will pay 13000 pounds for. Msc . Send your spouse test ground first before finalizing

Thinking... lipsrsealed

Someone posted this on Twitter and many reiterated his points.

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
Acidosis:

Thinking... lipsrsealed

Someone posted this on Twitter and many reiterated his points.
travel agent are responsible for this nonesense .They call study visa they change it to another migration route inorder to sell .the Uk has work visa , investment visa etc .51 Nigeria x150 pounds to the agent = 7650 visa =18360 IHS=23460 ,TB test =2m English test= 4m . This the local chopping ( first leg ) tution deposit =153000 over 100,000 looted from Nigeria . Second leg pass on to airlines 30m , airport taxi ,uk landlord , restaurant ,hotel etc another round of 100,0000 milk out of Nigeria .An you wonder why naira will not devalue to 700.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by dupyshoo: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
The bolded shows the kind of person you are. I don't deal with your kind of person. Thank you.
Munamoqel:
you head no correct to advice a successful business Man to leave his progressive business to be wheeling rinkled age oyinbo up and down in some cases mental home . Una stupidity for Africa No part 2 !
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
dupyshoo:
The bolded shows the kind of person you are. I don't deal with your kind of person. Thank you.
I understand why you are envious of person not wanting to do care jobs cos long term affect of been in lowlife jobs damaging effect . Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:41pm On Aug 19
Please what amount can we now classify as "not shyte" money?

While some people will be fortunate to get a high paying job immediately some people will struggle and it is not because they are not trying. So, let's be careful with our words so not to get some people depressed!!

I was stuck in a low paying job for years because the company was sponsoring my visa. I applied to hundreds of jobs but none wanted to sponsor me. I was really miserable but there was nothing I could do about

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by SenatePresdo(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
Japa is not for rich and upper middle class ! they are going for education and can afford it . They don't sell anything to travel to the uk or anywhere to study .they go on vacation . JAPAAAA na poor and hustling people slang to escape they resign from work sell everything including pot and gas cooker to raise money! Within concern davido with Japa .

grin
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Greenback: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
GeneralOjukwu hotoroMental shattap and let intelligent people do the talking,thank you very much grin:
I dont believe the story...

But he must be really stupid to sell.

He could have gone there with his savings and kept the school running.

Very unbelievable because someone with that size of investment can't randomly wake up and throw it all away.
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Remnita(f): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
My friend sold his school with 150 student paying 600k per annum with a gross income of 90m per annum and a net income of 40m .

His wife successful convinced him to Japa to the UK with visa. Now he can't live to the standard he left in Nigeria and he planning to reverse Japa.

Una go just dey lie broke idiots

Don't sell your successful business to Japa to the UK. Millions of UK citizen's are also facing hard time. The school have serious growth potentials! Developing nations are Haven for smart enterprenures cos under development brings opportunities.
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by dupyshoo: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
Like I said earlier, I can't exchange words with someone like you. I was brought up well. Can't descend to your level.
Munamoqel:
let I said earlier .you head no correct .U are ADVICING a Nigerian Millionare to come work like you and become miserable like you for years abi just to appreciate wages been paid to drivers .

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
dupyshoo:
Like I said earlier, I can't exchange words with someone like you. I was brought up well. Can't descend to your level.
nonsense !

1 Like

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
it's no more a big achievement to study in the UK in Nigeria the Universities dish out admission like recharge cards and with the points based system and borrow POF and small change must Nigerians can afford it .any thing easy to get has low returns you wonder why Canada and. Australia visa are hard to get cos the reward is high while UK is easy Cos reward is low . anyway I have attended both Universities of Wolverhampton and Abeerdeen at different time and I can see there rackets well .UK is for wealthy folks not majority of japa crew ! I dey craze I give oyinbo Man 20000 pounds tution fees when his fellow oyinbo no get and need loan to pay . NDDC ,PDTF,NEDC ,TEDFUND pay the tuition then take study leave . Na MuMu dey sell properties and business to go on teir 4 ( designed to milk non EU people )

In dreams?

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
let I said earlier .you head no correct .U are ADVICING a Nigerian Millionare to come work like you and become miserable like you for years abi just to appreciate wages been paid to drivers .

Avoiding doing this here, this is will not be allowed.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by HaneefahRN(f): 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hard to believe. Who advised him to do such. Sell such an asset just to japa to unknown beginnings. A school will run fine even if he japa sef
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by pocohantas(f): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
Japa is not for rich and upper middle class ! they are going for education and can afford it . They don't sell anything to travel to the uk or anywhere to study .they go on vacation . JAPAAAA na poor and hustling people slang to escape they resign from work sell everything including pot and gas cooker to raise money Wetin concern davido with japa .

You are crazy! grin grin
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by HRprof: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Japa bandwagon will not learn

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by blank(f): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
My friend sold his school with 150 student paying 600k per annum with a gross income of 90m per annum and a net income of 40m .

His wife successful convinced him to Japa to the UK with visa. Now he can't live to the standard he left in Nigeria and he planning to reverse Japa.

Don't sell your successful business to Japa to the UK. Millions of UK citizen's are also facing hard time. The school have serious growth potentials! Developing nations are Haven for smart enterprenures cos under development brings opportunities.

I don't agree. My siblings, husband's siblings all sold everything we had and moved. We were all doing well. One was a manager in Exxon Mobil, AGM in a bank, etc. Initially it wasn't easy but a few years down the line it's been more than worth it.

My kids are settled and doing well, we've all gotten fantastic jobs and bought new houses. We've settled and are now citizens. We may not have househelps doing everything for us but we are more than comfortable.

My advice is to grow your skill set, retraining in school is a good thing regardless of age. Don't settle for underemployment. If you were a director in Nigeria, you can get at worst Senior Manager abroad. Most important is to have the right mentality, surround yourself with the right crowd and have the right skillset. All that fluffing we do in Nigeria will not work.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Hydroxide(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
Portugal , Germany ( free) ,Norway ( Free)
Thanks very much bro. What about language barrier? That is one aspect we should look into when making decisions.
Re: My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back by Munamoqel: 12:30am On Oct 06, 2022
justwise:

Avoiding doing this here, this is will not be allowed.
the bully is here . The owner of nairaland [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get To Jamb Office @ Ikoyi? / Morocco, Nigeria & South Africa Lead African Aviation Rise - Forbes / NCAA Issues Ebola Alert To Airlines, Calls For Vigilance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.